Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) - Politics (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) (117459 Views)

2023: ARISE News Presidential Debate (Live Updates) / 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) / See What Buhari Is Taking With Him To Daura If He Loses 2019 Election - Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 14, 2018
Asshurbanipal:

Mistake

So now you were in his head to know he made a mistake

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Switpal(m): 9:57pm On Dec 14, 2018
Stalwert:
Obi said The National Bureau of Statistics revealed that as at the third quarter of 2017, Nigeria had about 2M motor vehicles in the country, But the Bureau said 11,547,236 why doesn’t he use real facts? #2019DEBATE #2019Election
We know where you belong ok..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Topmaike007(m): 9:58pm On Dec 14, 2018
uboma:

E really pain you.

Go to bed, boy!
chai

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 14, 2018
On Corruption
You can't close down your shop and be chasing criminals ~ Peter Obi

If your shop is Empty you can't sell Market ~ Yemi Osinbajo

Me~ I will rather stay in my shop and setup security measures to catch criminals while I sell market cheesy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:59pm On Dec 14, 2018
ObaKlaz:
Someone came, regurgitated memorized statistics and answered questions off-point most times. Another someone was spontaneous, level-headed and hit the right spots most of the time. Some certain people here on NL, feuled by a certain emotion synonymous to them are just blindly cheering on a certain someone who is only brilliant in their eyes but dog sh*t in reality... I'll leave you now to figure this out. cheesy grin
my tots exactly

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Binikingdowm: 10:00pm On Dec 14, 2018
So let's settle the debate on who won

Like for pdp(Peter obi) and ypp(umma getso)

Share for APC(yemi osibanjo) and galadima.

Let's settle it once and for all

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Asshurbanipal: 10:00pm On Dec 14, 2018
NessaBoo:

Wack?? Those incisive rebuttals, that sent shivers down my spine!! Oh please...Osinbajo was incredible, I've heard him speak on so many occasions, so I wasn't surprised he brought it. He's always prepared. A walk in the park for the prof, just like every other day at the office.
The wack rebuttal can only appeal to zombies

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by fartkay(m): 10:01pm On Dec 14, 2018
Peter Obi has forgotten that he is no longer at APGA.
He throwing shades at the past govt. Reeling out figures trying to defend what wasn't the fault of the present govt.
Is stand point has clear indication of miss rule over the years.
HIs info are fine but he has forgotten that can only work if he is in any other party other than PDP.
Those figure he's mentioned really outburst pdp miss rule over the years.
If he continues like this, he will only be shooting himself at the foot as a pdp candidate

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by jomoh: 10:01pm On Dec 14, 2018
Asshurbanipal:

So osibanjo will continue evading all questions with 16years nonsense?

Are u even watching the debate? Even if you’re not watching does it mean you don’t know the meaning of rebuttal?

Read again. Osinbajo was not asked a question, he was simply responding to peter Obi blaming the present government for the bad state of infrastructure and Osinbanjo reminded him how we got here.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Asshurbanipal: 10:01pm On Dec 14, 2018
Ekinematics:
On Corruption
You can't close down your shop and be chasing criminals ~ Peter Obi

If your shop is Empty you can't sell Market ~ Yemi Osinbajo

Me~ I will rather stay in my shop and setup security measures to catch criminals while I sell market cheesy
Gbam. One of osibades wack rebuttal I am talking about

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by bixton(m): 10:01pm On Dec 14, 2018
I think Peter Obi missed a great opportunity to showcase how he managed to turn around Anambra State during his time as governor and liken it to how he'll do same in the capacity as a VP of Nigeria if given the opportunity.

I don't see how throwing up statistics will change the economy of Nigeria. People intend to know how you want to improve the standards and not tell them what they already know about it.

PYO the debate is over. Let the real campaign begin .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 10:01pm On Dec 14, 2018
IBBG:
Both Obi and Osinbajo are true presidential material but the jury is out on Atiku and Buhari.
i agree with u 100%!!
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 14, 2018
helinues:
Interesting debate How i wish we could have same during the presidential debates

Buhari will stylishly dodge it. I can bet it with anyone. he won't dare show face.
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Asshurbanipal: 10:05pm On Dec 14, 2018
Tetehjewels:

So now you were in his head to know he made a mistake
He is human
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 14, 2018
Asshurbanipal:

He is human

He was wrong

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Switpal(m): 10:08pm On Dec 14, 2018
nonsobaba:
Honestly, Peter Obi's mental health is suspect. When the moderator asked him how he would manage any conflict that may arise between him and his boss if he is voted into office, he boasted that will never happen as he never quarrelled with anyone when he was in government. This is a man that fought and demonized his predecessor bitterly throughout his tenure and is now fighting with his successor for 4 years and counting.
It shows the hatred clearly... You opinion doesn't matter ok.

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by ezkimow(m): 10:08pm On Dec 14, 2018
Una dey hear PDP-power

Hehehehe BuBu right now be like

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Asshurbanipal: 10:08pm On Dec 14, 2018
Tetehjewels:

He was wrong
Yes. He mistakenly quoted the wrong figure.
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Enemyofpeace: 10:10pm On Dec 14, 2018
How old were you when you realised the word POLICE stands for "Public Officer for Legal Investigations and Criminal Emergencies"
Don't lie ooooo

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by python2gbera: 10:11pm On Dec 14, 2018
With an open mind, It would be appropriate as saying the VP rebuffed Obi's as often as much as Obi had no comebacks. He rammed over Obi with reckless abandon.
Although his voice is thin but Obi was too loud for his intelligence. I suppose fear got the better of him, he was also rather too careful to make mistakes given the stake as big as that. Unlike Osinbanjo who has been through a stage as big as tonight's even bigger, all through his illustrious career. This is Obi's first real test aside his being a Governor. He's average at best . He's overhyped kind of.. Prof could have bait him down the hook but the moderators wanted a fair game.

-python2

12 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by deomelo: 10:11pm On Dec 14, 2018
Obi the lying Obigotry is your typical ipob, they love to make dumb, silly, ignorant and unintelligent comparison with other countries.

What's own with China? Do we have anything in common?

Is Nigeria a communist dictator country?

Can obi as a public official in China build malls and multi-billion Naira properties or even evade taxes without getting shot at the firing squad?

Can Atiku as a global bribe taker and international lawbreaker contest to be the president of China and not even get sentenced to death?

These looters really should be thankful that Nigeria is not China.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 14, 2018
Asshurbanipal:

Yes. He mistakenly quoted the wrong figure.

And you are in his head to know he mistakenly quoted the wrong figure right?

More like he felt figures couldn't be verified as he reeled them out foolishly to impress his zombies such as you are.

Some of us are smarter

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by oyoikire: 10:13pm On Dec 14, 2018
Ekinematics:
They don't want Peter Obi to refer to China with his killer points and yet APC went to China to borrow grin
what is killer point in referring to china as his reference? They are asking him simple question, all the time he was referring to china with no or simple idea, honestly I taught he's more intelligent than I taught.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by jumobi1(m): 10:14pm On Dec 14, 2018
If you vote for a man that told stranded Nigerians that they’re on their own then you deserve a brain exam.
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by fartkay(m): 10:14pm On Dec 14, 2018
Enemyofpeace:
How old were you when you realised the word POLICE stands for "Public Officer for Legal Investigations and Criminal Emergencies"
Don't lie ooooo

Na now I know.

Tot it was a word itself
Never knew its an acronym
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by helinues: 10:15pm On Dec 14, 2018
slimany:

Buhari will stylishly dodge it. I can bet it with anyone. he won't dare show face.

I doubt Atiku as well. Both men are not that smart to answer an intelligent questions without an assistance

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by naunasabi: 10:16pm On Dec 14, 2018
Tetehjewels:

You really need to stop sounding like you went to night school or none at all.

In China their legal framework is exclusive of culture. If it were not, then people can hide under culture to perpetrate a lot of vices.

However their legal frameworks simply does not encourage corruption or fraudulent persons and the death sentence is swift a d without delay.

Likewise Nigeria. Culture and legality are mutually exclusive where the costitution of a nation is concerned. Culture cannot override the law when same culture breaks the law of the land.

I repeat, Buhari is doing the right thing.

You cannot keep pouring water into a leaking basket of corruption. When will the basket get filled with water?

You need to plug the leakages even while pouring the water. Its the water that exposes where the leakages still are.

Buhari is not only fighting corruption. He is also revamping the economy alongside and ensuring accountability. Those are the holes in the basket of corruption being plugged.

You should have attended a proper school.

Bros you dull no be small. Let me elaborate on what I meant maybe this time you can see the nuisance in your position. grin

There is no legal system in this world that is not built on the back of cultural values and get fine tuned as the culture evolves.

Let me give you examples; Saudi as at today their culture is inter-twined with Islam and this forms the basis of their legal system.

Nigeria is not a mono-religion country we adopted (was given) the British legal system that has a strong basis on religion norms in which their culture back then was deeply rooted in. In other to appease the Islamic section of the country the Islamic (sharia) part that caters for the need of those whose cultural norms are now tied to Islam and the "traditional court/lower court" system that address traditional issues that are tied to cultural norms at the very least level of our judiciary system so to speak.

Not quick long the anti-gay law was passed and almost all the country people were happy and the argument of the law makers were that it is against our culture. So bros no legal system exist separately from the cultural values of the society in questions and the legal system evolves in the same direction as the cultural system of the society. As at today our cultural values which have embedded religion in it (both Islam and Christianity ) will also find a balance point that serves both religion/cultural interest. Which is world apart from what China practices.

Please go and examine things and try to reason.
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by ezkimow(m): 10:16pm On Dec 14, 2018
yrex01:
cheers no dey win election !!

Issokay, see you at the polls
Hehehe
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 14, 2018
Binikingdowm:
Osibanjo should go and meet his darlings

Governance isn't for him

Buh bros, how much were you paid? You're doing a nice job.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by jomoh: 10:17pm On Dec 14, 2018
naunasabi:

One of the reason we voted APC was because they promised to deliver? PDP of 16 years is behind us what is before us now is APC of 3 years plus.

If you fire an employee that can't do his job and you employ someone else that claims to be capable what would you do each time you ask the new guy to deliver and he goes "boss I can't deliver because the last guy did a bad job?" Will you keep paying him or cut him lose after three years plus?

I understand you and Osinbajo was getting to the point of addressing it when he was cut off.

The question was ease of doing business and Obi was saying Nigeria is 124 presently and making a case of the infrastructure in NPA being poor.

Osinbajo replies him in his rebuttal that Nigeria fell 64 places under PDP but has risen about 28 places in 3years. Meaning PDP met it at like 80something but left it at 150something now it’s risen 20something places(under APC) to 124.

Osinbajo also reminded him PDP was in power for 16years so who’s to blame for the infrastructure.

If you sack someone for being poor, that person doesn’t have the right to come back and complain of how poor things has being. Obi was not even talking about the present he was talking about infrastructure. He has no right whatsoever to do so as long as he’s flying PDP.

4 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Binikingdowm: 10:18pm On Dec 14, 2018
deomelo:
Obi the lying Obigotry is your typical ipob, they love to make dumb, silly, ignorant and unintelligent comparison with other countries.

What's own with China? Do we have anything in common?

Is Nigeria a communist dictator country?

Can obi as a public official in China build malls and multi-billion Naira properties or even evade taxes without getting shot at the firing squad?

Can Atiku as a global bribe taker and international lawbreaker contest to be the president of China and not even get sentenced to death?

These looters really should be thankful that Nigeria is not China.
so Atiku is corrupt abi?

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Socialsunny14(m): 10:18pm On Dec 14, 2018
*ASK A NIGERIAN POLITICIAN WHAT THEY THINK ABOUT THIS HOT WEATHER CONDITION* *Journalist*: What are your thoughts on this heat Nigerians are complaining about? RESPONSES: *LAI MOHAMMED*: this is the result of PDP’s misrule, they stole the ozone layer. *FEMI ADESINA*: Mr. President promised us change and that includes change in temperature. CHANGE IS HERE, EMBRACE IT. *AKINWUMI AMBODE*: We have signed a $ 10million deal with LG to install air conditioners across the Lagos skyline. *IBE KACHUKWU*: I assure you the heat will disappear by 2pm,29th May. *BUKOLA SARAKl*: Tinubu wanted the heat to be more than this but i opposed him, out of my love for Nigeria and that is why they are witch-hunting me. *GOODLUCK JONATHAN*: This heat was not this bad when I left office/power but Nigerians did not appreciate me. *ADAMS OSHIMOLE*: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala stole the N100 billion meant for temperature control Research. *NASIR EL RUFAI*: We are in talks with General Electric to see how they can generate power for Kaduna from the heat. *RAUF AREGBESOLA*: I have just approved payment of January salary so that Osun workers can buy hand fan. *ALIKO DANGOTE*: Next week, we are commissioning the Dangote Fan Factory; by 2030 Australia will be buying fans from us. *BEN MURRAY-BRUCE: *tweets* when Naira is weak and inflation is high automatically there will be heat. This is common sense. *NGOZI OKONJO-IWEALA*: Under the last administration there was no political will to address climatic change: *PRESIDENT BUHARI: From USA* ... this heat is corrupt because Nigeria is corrupt and I will fight every form of corruption involved and responsible for this heat and every corrupt person responsible for this heat will go to jail. Beware of Nigerian politicians .....lol

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (52) (Reply)

Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President / Bulama Mustapha: Aisha Buhari Reacts To Daily Trust Cartoon On Hanan's Wedding / Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.