Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) - Politics (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) (117582 Views)

2023: ARISE News Presidential Debate (Live Updates) / 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) / See What Buhari Is Taking With Him To Daura If He Loses 2019 Election - Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Newznow: 10:19pm On Dec 14, 2018
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 14, 2018
Thank God I watched it. All I heard is if we do everything well, everything will work fine, it is the "ingine" (like say we dey ladipo) that drives the economy) No terms, it is like a lay man debate., ofcourse except the Prof.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Socialsunny14(m): 10:21pm On Dec 14, 2018
laurel03:
I like your write up but since 1999 no sitting president in Nigeria participated in debate .
jonathan did in 2015 when Buhari boycot. I watched it

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by ojtech8291: 10:23pm On Dec 14, 2018
We have all the vice presidents. They all performed credibly well, ANN candidate inclusive. It is not easy. The question is can they make the final decision? The answer is no. I like the YPP vp, She spoke audaciously. What about Galadima? He was hitting nails straight down. The ANN candidate , She always wanted to speak the truth but lacks words or short of words. She represents the real common man in this debate. I BELONG TO NOBODY BUT BELONG TO EVERYBODY.

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Binikingdowm: 10:23pm On Dec 14, 2018
writerights:

Buh bros, how much were you paid? You're doing a nice job.
I don't need to be paid to see the truth.

Pdp is bad yes but Buhari and osibanjo are devils

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by naunasabi: 10:23pm On Dec 14, 2018
jomoh:

I understand you and Osinbajo was getting to the point of addressing it when he was cut off.

The question was ease of doing business and Obi was saying Nigeria is 124 presently and making a case of the infrastructure in NPA being poor.

Osinbajo replies him in his rebuttal that Nigeria fell 64 places under PDP but has risen about 28 places in 3years. Meaning PDP met it at like 80something but left it at 150something now it’s risen 20something places(under APC) to 124.

Osinbajo also reminded him PDP was in power for 16years so who’s to blame for the infrastructure.

If you sack someone for being poor, that person doesn’t have the right to come back and complain of how poor things has being. Obi was not even talking about the present he was talking about infrastructure. He has no right whatsoever to do so as long as he’s flying PDP.

I agree with most of your points but saying that Obi has no right whatsoever to do so is making the same mistake Buhari made with his 5% speech. Even GEJ has the right to ask! If Buhari happens to loss election next year he has the right in the future to query any present government on issues that he himself failed to address. As long as we are Nigerians it is our constitutional right and that should not be denied anyone. Because if you started saying Obi does not have the right because he belongs to a different party where exactly are we going to draw the line?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by deomelo: 10:29pm On Dec 14, 2018
uboma:

The more you comment, the more you expose your low IQ.

Are you saying that if the USA government truly want to arrest Atiku, they cannot do it till he steps foot on their soil?

Again lemme spoon-feed you. We have what is called Interpol.

Once someone in Nigeria has been investigated and there is sound proof that this person is guilty of a crime. All the US government needs to do is work with the Nigerian Police to arrest this guilty person and send him to the US for prosecution.

If you read my previous comments here on Nairaland, I have never supported the agitation for Biafra. Intact Nnamdi Kanu and his followers are clowns. And same for you too because you have failed to prove that you benefited from attending schools.

You can't write meaningful sentences. You have poor grammar.

You have a very long way to go, boy!

Sadly for you, you can not dictate to the US how to run their justice system, they have extensive US congress/US government report on Atiku laundering millions of dollars through their banking system, Atiku to them is the face and poster boy for corruption in Africa.

Instead of defending Atiku or making corrupt excuses for him, why not just face the real issue which is the money laundering laws he violated? Why not just defend him by saying they did not trace the bribe money he took frSiemensens to his bank account in the US.

It is up to the US to determine how to deal with Atiku, obviously, keeping undesirable elements and global bribe takers, crooked, corrupt and lawless people like Atiku from entering their country seems like the best punishment for now, but I can assure you, let him land the US which is impossible because of VISA ban, they will open his file and prosecute him accordingly.

You can sit on the internet and defend crooks like Atiku all day long, but athieku dodging and refusing to enter the US is smarter than you.

7 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by gwmlogistic: 10:30pm On Dec 14, 2018
naunasabi:

I agree with most of your post but saying that Obi has no right whatsoever to do so is making the same mistake Buhari made with his 5% speech. Even GEJ has the right to ask! If Buhari happens to loss election next year he has the right in the future to query any present government on issues that he himself failed to address. As long as we are Nigerians it is our constitutional right and that should not be denied anyone. Because if you started saying Obi does not have the right because he belongs to a different party where exactly are we going to draw the line?
I like where you are coming from, yes everybody has a right to ask for better governance. I would have thought that obi would have been more vocal on his achievements in the private sector and as governor for 8years. How he turned things around would have been a great selling point.
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by farem: 10:30pm On Dec 14, 2018
socialmediaman:
Did they also send Buhari the questions ahead of time for Jan 19? That’s the only way he’ll attend the presidential debate.

Wake up from your dementia

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Ugosample(m): 10:31pm On Dec 14, 2018
Ekinematics:
They don't want Peter Obi to refer to China with his killer points and yet APC went to China to borrow grin

You can imagine the irony cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by oyoikire: 10:32pm On Dec 14, 2018
Ekinematics:
On Corruption
You can't close down your shop and be chasing criminals ~ Peter Obi

If your shop is Empty you can't sell Market ~ Yemi Osinbajo

Me~ I will rather stay in my shop and setup security measures to catch criminals while I sell market cheesy
can we see another youth we are talking about? Nobody has ever said you should close the shop and be chasing thief. Efcc, icpc and other anti corruption agencies were there to be running after thieves. What osinbajo was saying is simple and reasonable. If you have a business and a thief like atiku steal all your goods, what would you be selling in an empty store? The first thing is stop selling or lock up your store and report the case to the police for assistance to catch the thief for you. If you know the thief directly you can report him to police.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by naunasabi: 10:33pm On Dec 14, 2018
gwmlogistic:

I like where you are coming from, yes everybody has a right to ask for better governance. I would have thought that obi would have been more vocal on his achievements in the private sector and as governor for 8years. How he turned things around would have been a great selling point.

Your observation is apt on that. I wonder what his advisers based their judgments on for not encouraging/coaching him to rally his points around that.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by deomelo: 10:35pm On Dec 14, 2018
www.nairaland.com/attachments/8247742_aa_png321532365639f31b3b9f8ea8be0c6be2

The Subcommittee contacted Siemens about this allegation and also reviewed the
Citibank account records. The Subcommittee identified Citibank records showing three wire
transfers from Siemens AG, in 2001 and 2002, that together provided over $1.7 million to
Ms. Douglas’ personal checking account at Citibank. This chart identifies those wire transfers.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8268769_dtcdbfvx4amxtge_jpeg61aadeb2c5696fca41f86d7ad426a8f7

4 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by gwmlogistic: 10:35pm On Dec 14, 2018
naunasabi:

Your observation is apt on that. I wonder what his advisers based their judgments on for not encouraging/coaching him to rally his points around that.
Well you have to be very careful with this things. Might just have been a smoking gun that others might take advantage of.
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by uboma(m): 10:36pm On Dec 14, 2018
deomelo:

Sadly for you, you can not dictate to the US how to run their justice system, they have extensive US congress/US government report on Atiku laundering millions of dollars through their banking system, Atiku to them is the face and poster boy for corruption in Africa.

Instead of defending Atiku or making corrupt excuses for him, why not just face the real issue which is the money laundering laws he violated? Why not just defend him by saying they did not trace the bribe money he took frSiemensens to his bank account in the US.

It is up to the US to determine how to deal with Atiku, obviously, keeping undesirable elements and global bribe takers, crooked, corrupt and lawless people like Atiku from entering their country seems like the best punishment for now, but I can assure you, let him land the US which is impossible because of VISA ban, they will open his file and prosecute him accordingly.

You can sit on the internet and defend crooks like Atiku all day long, but athieku dodging and refusing to enter the US is smarter than you.

Your last sentence puts you away. How is Atiku dodging and refusing to enter the US when the authorities have denied him VISA after applying for one?

By the way, who says that one must go to the US first before contesting for the position of the President of Nigeria?

If they had evidence to nail him, the US government would have done that a long time ago.

This is not saying that Atiku is a saint. None of our politicians are saints, not even PMB.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 14, 2018
Binikingdowm:
I don't need to be paid to see the truth.

Pdp is bad yes but Buhari and osibanjo are devils

Lol... Can only imagine how big this truth is. You simply a jobless miscreant.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Iziq(m): 10:39pm On Dec 14, 2018
Wantedmiller:

Security that will chase the thief or catch the thief?

Security is for what?
that will protect the shop. the security i mean does not necessarily mean police. but basic amenities and enabling environment
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by tonex360: 10:40pm On Dec 14, 2018
If you allow thieves to steal all your items in the shop, there would be no shop - PYO 2018

My question. How many thieves have you caught?

You keep chasing and you have never caught, for good 3 years and you locked down your shop. Tell me how hunger will not kill your family.

Obi really got you here.

The person you are referring to as a thief was a saint in your party.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by arejibadz(m): 10:40pm On Dec 14, 2018
assuming Nigeria was a serious country ND ready to progress osinbajo and Peter obi shud b d ones contesting for president not buhari/atiku

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by naunasabi: 10:42pm On Dec 14, 2018
farem:

Wake up from your dementia

We are all against GEJ for not showing up. So because GEJ and co did bad Buhari should be given free reign to go to town?

I am sorry for you guys this is not about party or tribe loyalty this is about your future and that of our unborn generation. Our loyalty as the youth of this country lies in moving the country forward. Like I pointed out in a previous post we the ordinary man has to do what is right for us, party loyalty or tribe loyalty when it comes to politics has never been in the interest of the ordinary man. Both those that voted for APC and PDP in the last election are feeling the heat. Go to Benue both APC and PDP loyalists are being butchered as a result of insecurity.

I am yet to read anywhere or heard that whenever the attackers attack they spare the lives of those that voted Buhari or became more aggressive to those that voted PDP. Please shine your eyes. Tell me when was the last time anyone of your family member went to the market or petrol station to buy something and he or she was given a reduced or pre-Buhari price because he/she voted for APC? Tell me the last time you had power just because you support APC and your friends that supported PDP were systematically denied power supply because of their political affiliation? Please it is time we the youths of this country let the politicians understand that our voice matters, we did it during last election let's do it again.

If whoever we voted for in the coming election fails to deliver something tangible within 4 years no second term for them. If we do it on three straight election-cycle trust me these politicians will wake up and do their jobs.

8 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by akinselurea: 10:44pm On Dec 14, 2018
princedhapur:
Two million vehicles in Nigeria ?

Peter Obi, your lies has hit heaven

Oga Obi should come to Apapa axis of Lagos to count only Dangote trailer alone self
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by doublewisdom: 10:44pm On Dec 14, 2018
Obi is the real MVP. See arguments backed with facts and figures. grin grin grin
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by naunasabi: 10:47pm On Dec 14, 2018
gwmlogistic:

Well you have to be very careful with this things. Might just have been a smoking gun that others might take advantage of.

Or maybe on a national scale the VP may have made nonsense of Obi's achievement in Anambra.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by gwmlogistic: 10:51pm On Dec 14, 2018
naunasabi:

Or maybe on a national scale the VP may have made nonsense of Obi's achievement in Anambra.
With more resources at his disposal, there should be something to fight for even if it was just in the private sector
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by senatordave1(m): 10:53pm On Dec 14, 2018
writerights:

Lol... Can only imagine how big this truth is. You simply a jobless miscreant.
Am shocked that you even paid attention to him, nobody here noticed him.let him continue to wallow in foolery and idleness

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by naunasabi: 10:53pm On Dec 14, 2018
gwmlogistic:

Look I understand that china Should be a a basis for comparison. What I am saying is for someone that has been on the corridors of power not pointing to anything they achieved to undermine the current administration is worrisome. Can you imagine a democratic candidate (usa) on a debate platform and not laying claims and bringing examples from when Obama was president?

You are right. We all know that since the creation of Nigeria no single administration can pin-point anything tangible that they have done. Nothing worth sharing nothing ground breaking has been done by anyone. Right from Shagari to date. So what exactly do you expect him to draw on? Even the VP all he was trying to put forward as achievements is just normal BAU. Nothing worth sharing. It is sad bro we are in a deep shit as a nation but most people just don't get it.
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Okoyeebos: 10:55pm On Dec 14, 2018
AgbariOjukwu1:

What's Anambra State IGR today?

Less than what Ogun makes in a day.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by UnchangeableGod: 10:55pm On Dec 14, 2018
Willie2015:
Nice debate, really enjoy the debate with 3 plates of pepper soup

Peter and Prof perform exceptionally....

We expect Peter Obi to attack Prof aggressively.... sincerely he did not disappoint...

We expect Prof to absorb these attacks and soak the pressure.... He did just fine ....

Any one of them, Peter or Prof will make a fine President...

But the destiny of 200 million Nigerians rests in the Hand of Buhari a school cert Holder or Atiku, a diploma holder

Hmmmmmmmm!
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by gwmlogistic: 10:59pm On Dec 14, 2018
naunasabi:

You are right. We all know that since the creation of Nigeria no single administration can pin-point anything tangible that they have done. Nothing worth sharing nothing ground breaking has been done by anyone. Right from Shagari to date. So what exactly do you expect him to draw on? Even the VP all he was trying to put forward as achievements as just normal BAU. Nothing worth sharing. It is sad bro we are in a deep shit as a nation but most people just don't get it.
True and very sad
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by jumobi1(m): 10:59pm On Dec 14, 2018
fartkay:

Na now I know.

Tot it was a word itself
Never knew its an acronym

And Policia in the acronym for what in Spanish? Don’t get bamboozled.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (Reply)

Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President / Bulama Mustapha: Aisha Buhari Reacts To Daily Trust Cartoon On Hanan's Wedding / Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.