Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,539 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) - Politics (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) (117663 Views)

2023: ARISE News Presidential Debate (Live Updates) / 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) / See What Buhari Is Taking With Him To Daura If He Loses 2019 Election - Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by olafum1(m): 11:00pm On Dec 14, 2018
farem:

Wake up from your dementia

U r silly?

Were they elected to compete at incompetences?
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Nfora: 11:00pm On Dec 14, 2018
After this debate,Nigeria is moving to the next level.
Clearly Osinbajo is a better economic team leader.
A professor of law teaching Obi economics!
Labour is not the only factor of production
:DAfter this debate,Nigeria is moving to the next level.
Clearly Osinbajo is a better economic team leader.
A professor of law teaching Obi economics!
Labour is not the only factor of production

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Pzman2: 11:07pm On Dec 14, 2018
Punch line ...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Pzman2: 11:09pm On Dec 14, 2018
I have always said it voting Atiku is like welcoming the theifs we pursued b4.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by naunasabi: 11:10pm On Dec 14, 2018
Pzman2:
Punch line ...

"Fighting corruption is not an economic policy"

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by donnie(m): 11:11pm On Dec 14, 2018
oyoikire:
can we see another youth we are talking about? Nobody has ever said you should close the shop and be chasing thief. Efcc, icpc and other anti corruption agencies were there to be running after thieves. What osinbajo was saying is simple and reasonable. If you have a business and a thief like atiku steal all your goods, what would you be selling in an empty store? The first thing is stop selling or lock up your store and report the case to the police for assistance to catch the thief for you. If you know the thief directly you can report him to police.

So APC locked store and used 3 years to report to police? And it seems like they haven't reached police station yet.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by NessaBoo(f): 11:13pm On Dec 14, 2018
writerights:

Lol... Can only imagine how big this truth is. You simply a jobless miscreant.

Lolz, just imagine... Important critical issues are being discussed and that one was busy peddling and fabricating the misrepresentation and distortion of reality. Typical modus operandi of someone that has nothing cogent or intelligible to offer. The smear campaign on Osinbajo is dead on arrival already.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 14, 2018
naunasabi:

Bros you dull no be small. Let me elaborate on what I meant maybe this time you can see the nuisance in your position. grin

There is no legal system in this world that is not built on the back of cultural values and get fine tuned as the culture evolves.

Let me give you examples; Saudi as at today their culture is inter-twined with Islam and this forms the basis of their legal system.

Nigeria is not a mono-religion country we adopted (was given) the British legal system that has a strong basis on religion norms in which their culture back then was deeply rooted in. In other to appease the Islamic section of the country the Islamic (sharia) part that caters for the need of those whose cultural norms are now tied to Islam and the "traditional court/lower court" system that address traditional issues that are tied to cultural norms at the very least level of our judiciary system so to speak.

Not quick long the anti-gay law was passed and almost all the country people were happy and the argument of the law makers were that it is against our culture. So bros no legal system exist separately from the cultural values of the society in questions and the legal system evolves in the same direction as the cultural system of the society. As at today our cultural values which have embedded religion in it (both Islam and Christianity ) will also find a balance point that serves both religion/cultural interest. Which is world apart from what China practices.

Please go and examine things and try to reason.

You are clearly bereft of any modicum of intelligence.

Your focus is China.

China has 4 main religious roots which can be said to form a large part of Chinese culture and they are Buddhism, Chinese folklore, Taoism, Confucianism and Christianity.

However the laws of China do not discriminate when being netted out.

If you are found to be corrupt regardless of whatever cultural or religious roots you are from, your will be hanged. Period!

Coming here to spew what you have no clue about is just agonising to read.

Don't quote me again with your ignorantiam fallacy again please.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by rengsho: 11:19pm On Dec 14, 2018
��......Audience responded soundly with applause to @PeterObi on his closing remarks on vice presidential debate and shouted when Obi quoted Buhari “in March 2015 if I don’t deliver choose a president and he asked “Have they delivered? Audience shouted Noooo and shouted PDP,......POWER!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by deomelllo: 11:19pm On Dec 14, 2018
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Nobody: 11:27pm On Dec 14, 2018
Senatordave1 and sarrki will deactivate their accounts tomorrow morning
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Nobody: 11:28pm On Dec 14, 2018
Deomelllo : a 27years old young man with bad intentions
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by globemoney01: 11:30pm On Dec 14, 2018
doublewisdom:
[s]Obi is the real MVP. See arguments backed with facts and figures. [/s] grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by globemoney01: 11:30pm On Dec 14, 2018
Elder0001:
Senatordave1 and sarrki will deactivate their accounts tomorrow morning

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by deomelllo: 11:33pm On Dec 14, 2018
lmao @ Obigotry aka AFRICAN CHINA

grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Dee60: 11:45pm On Dec 14, 2018
There are only 2 serious parties in Nigeria. The debate has shown that.

ANN is a total joke. The lady did not convince at all. She showed how shallow some of our graduates are! I am sure she has her own good part and may mean well, but she will find it difficult to communicate at high levels if she is elected.

YPP tried a bit. She however showed absence of drive and energy.

I thought of voting Ezekwesili until this evening. Her vice had little to offer. He sounded quite shallow and unconvincing.

Osinbajo was nervous a bit at the start. Yes, it is always difficult as an incumbent. But he later picked up and showed why some people regard him as the best VP Nigeria has ever had. PDP is trying hard to taint his record but they have failed.

Obi rolled out a lot of figures without looking at any paper. That is always good if your figures are right. But it shows intellectual arrogance if they are not. One great genuis once said that you dont need to cram what you can always refer to. It turns out that a few of the figures he rolled out are not true. If I scored Obi 8 out of 10 before the debate, the score has suddenly gone down to 5. He may have performed as a governor (some of his people say NO to this) but he probably should carry his argument to the Parliament. PDP will use him and dump him within 3 months. They dont have time for his grammar.

At the end of the day let everyone choose what is best for them and may God save Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by naijaseeker: 11:54pm On Dec 14, 2018
oyoikire:
can we see another youth we are talking about? Nobody has ever said you should close the shop and be chasing thief. Efcc, icpc and other anti corruption agencies were there to be running after thieves. What osinbajo was saying is simple and reasonable. If you have a business and a thief like atiku steal all your goods, what would you be selling in an empty store? The first thing is stop selling or lock up your store and report the case to the police for assistance to catch the thief for you. If you know the thief directly you can report him to police.

I am trying to understand the argument here, first

Nobody has ever said you should close the shop and be chasing thief. Efcc, icpc and other anti corruption agencies were there to be running after thieves

However,

The first thing is stop selling or lock up your store and report the case to the police for assistance to catch the thief for you.

OK, you should not close the shop, but you should lock it up.

It was so easy when PDP was in power. We know there is corruption, we know people are looting, however Naira was stable.

Now, it is all confusing. Have we closed the shop or locked up the shop? Do we have fuel subsidy or not? Have we defeated Boko Haram? technically? Has generating power become rocket science? If the administration did not deliver, are we to vote them off as they told us to?

At the end of all these, Naira has significantly lost value, many businesses have closed shop to report to the police, the traffic held them up for 3 years at Poland, London and other places.

Eskiz, make I prepare for my own debate with my children on christmas

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by naunasabi: 11:59pm On Dec 14, 2018
Tetehjewels:

You are clearly bereft of any modicum of intelligence.

Your focus is China.

China has 4 main religious roots which can be said to form a large part of Chinese culture and they are Buddhism, Chinese folklore, Taoism, Confucianism and Christianity.

However the laws of China do not discriminate when being netted out.

If you are found to be corrupt regardless of whatever cultural or religious roots you are from, your will be hanged. Period!

Coming here to spew what you have no clue about is just agonising to read.

Don't quote me again with your ignorantiam fallacy again please.

For the record stop embarrassing yourself. I never said said that Chinese law is discriminatory but that all legal system is built on a country's cultural/religious experience. Of course what I wrote is agonizing for your to read given your mental ability just how it will be agonizing for someone with elementary school level education trying to read a text on concept of advanced physic. grin

Half education is dangerous. Can you disprove my position that most places that I pointed out that there legal system is based to a large extent on their cultural values/religious leaning? Can you tell me with your half-assed education how Chinese system of executing someone convicted of corruption is going to fit into ours that is rooted partly in our religious/cultural system and forward looking into operating a western-styled democratic system?

Like my previous post you never addressed any of my points and this one as well I know that you don't have the mental capacity to think logically let alone understand how legal systems are conceived and developed and what they are based on.

Because China's economic system is a good model does not mean that their legal system is worth emulating at least part it. That American has a vibrate economy does not mean that most European countries looking for how to improve their health system will adopt the American system.

Since you are too slow to understand that we can learn something from China without adopting the barbaric element of their legal system. As for China's legal system it is built on the back of Chinese culture/religion. If you have the mental capacity to understand scientific paper maybe you should start with "Chinese legal tradition and modernization" when you are done reading it am sure you will find related references in there as well.

I know that this will go over your head I will just leave it here for the young minds on this forum. Chinese legal system like every other system around the world is build on a country's cultural/religion experiences. As their cultural and religion experiences envolve so is the legal system. No legal system is developed without taking into consideration the country's cultural and religion experience.
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by wristbangle: 12:02am On Dec 15, 2018
Listened to the debate and I must say PYO is flawless with his submission.

Obi did a bit with his answers but not as expected especially with his supposed intimidating business etiquette profile.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by naunasabi: 12:06am On Dec 15, 2018
deomelllo:

11 million functional cars or 11 million registered cars or 11 million road Worthy cars?
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by deomelllo: 12:25am On Dec 15, 2018
naunasabi:

11 million functional cars or 11 million registered cars or 11 million road Worthy cars?

Silly and pointless ipob question

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by wristbangle: 12:29am On Dec 15, 2018
Willie2015:
Nice debate, really enjoy the debate with 3 plates of pepper soup

Peter and Prof perform exceptionally....

We expect Peter Obi to attack Prof aggressively.... sincerely he did not disappoint...

We expect Prof to absorb these attacks and soak the pressure.... He did just fine ....

Any one of them, Peter or Prof will make a fine President...

But the destiny of 200 million Nigerians rests in the Hand of Buhari a school cert Holder or Atiku, a diploma holder

Apt comment bro
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 12:33am On Dec 15, 2018
Stalwert:
“I bought the highest number of computers by any African government - 30,000” ~Peter Obi

In the first term,
@kfayemi
bought and distributed 48,000 Samsung laptops (30,000 for students and 18,000 for teachers) in #Ekiti State

#peterobilies
have sense for once obi ruled more than 8 years before fayemi and fayemi become gov. Recently and he is still ruling so there is chance that he breaks obi's record!!
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by mrvitalis(m): 12:37am On Dec 15, 2018
AmazingELixir:

That question should go to you.... you're exhibiting every sign of chemical inducement.

Even independent candidates in the US participate in debates

Show me a picture of all the over 30 presidential candidate we had in the last USA elections debating...

Only republicans and democrats debate... ( trump and Hilary) or you thought this where the only political parties in the USA?
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Nobody: 12:42am On Dec 15, 2018
IBBG:
sentiments aside. Obi is killing it. you can't talk about the economy without numbers and statistics to back them up. Those condeming him, are simply doing so out of blind sentiments. These statistics gives a clear and grim picture of where we are as a country. Those trying to distract our thoughts with the claims that Obi is comparing Nigeria to China; Is it not the same china this administration was cheering how they have secured major trade deals with ranging from infrastructure? China is a success today and a model any country serious about her future should try to emulate. So Obi is absolutely in order.
numbers and statistics without proffering a simple solution. A pity.
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Nobody: 12:50am On Dec 15, 2018
IamAtikulate:

Mumu no good, have you heard of benchmarks before?
Ode oponu!!! Benchmarking a 3.5year administration with China that started over 15 years ago forgetting that your useless party destroyed Nigeria for 16 good years. You can see your life outside, Mr Robot! It's just unfortunate how a miscreant like you sleep with your eyes closed at night.... Nigerians are wiser now; we are only going to the NextLevel
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Nobody: 12:55am On Dec 15, 2018
danthamccoy:

Lmao. You must think cars are people. 1 car per 100 people sounds about right for Nigeria. Think before insulting your betters.
Is that how they taught you in school? Your certificate needs to be withdrawn, if you're even a graduate at all. You're such an unfortunate person
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Nobody: 1:06am On Dec 15, 2018
Kingv:

Check your dictionary for the meaning of 'Analogy'
Guy, you are a dunce! You're such an embarrassment to your school if you are a graduate at all. Like father, like son.... rolling out ersatz figures without remorse. Party of the rogues!

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by buharitill2023: 2:25am On Dec 15, 2018
Ekinematics:
On Corruption
You can't close down your shop and be chasing criminals ~ Peter Obi

If your shop is Empty you can't sell Market ~ Yemi Osinbajo

Me~ I will rather stay in my shop and setup security measures to catch criminals while I sell market cheesy
and that is what buhari is doing by telling efcc to catch the criminals while work on the economy is going on.
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by buharitill2023: 2:39am On Dec 15, 2018
naunasabi:

"Fighting corruption is not an economic policy"
what did you know about economic policy?
According to peter obi, economic policy is about importation or about buying and selling
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by buharitill2023: 2:46am On Dec 15, 2018
donnie:

So APC locked store and used 3 years to report to police? And it seems like they haven't reached police station yet.

and PDP use 16yrs to do the stealing?

Even in 3yrs with nothing in the shop to sell after PDP looted everything in the shop that cause recession,
The shop now has more goods to sell after the recession

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (Reply)

Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President / Bulama Mustapha: Aisha Buhari Reacts To Daily Trust Cartoon On Hanan's Wedding / Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.