Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions (91938 Views)

Peter Obi Misses NEDG Debate As Campaign Blames Hitches / 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) / Dino Melaye Prostrates For Oyedepo, Pictured With Osinbajo, GEJ At Dunamis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions by Strikethem: 11:10pm On Dec 14, 2018
EliteBeautyBlog:
If there's no shop, will there be criminals??

Those that kidnap, kill for ritual, are they not criminal

1 Like

Re: Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions by Tareq1105: 11:11pm On Dec 14, 2018
Arysexy:
Peter Obi reeling out statistical indices from his head. Thank God he stood away from the stand, else BMC urchins will lie that he came with papers.

While d short engine liar kept shouting 16yrs of PDP. Blame game as usual.

The winner is Peter Obi! So shall it be come 2019

Keep deceiving yourself. I'm very sure you were amazed by Osinbajos performance.

Some of you had said Obi has PhD in Economics and Osinbajo could not stand him in a debate.

We've seen it all

2 Likes

Re: Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions by DEGABA(m): 11:13pm On Dec 14, 2018
Tribalism is our major problem, no one wants to stand with the right winner.
Igbos said Obi is on point while Yorubas said osibanjo.
We have a bigger issue aside corruption in this country.

7 Likes

Re: Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions by rengsho: 11:15pm On Dec 14, 2018
Debate: You cannot shut economy to fight corruption – Peter Obi.
The Vice-Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Mr. Peter Obi, has criticised the anti-corruption war of the All Progressives Congress-led Federal Government, insisting that it killed jobs in the process.

Obi said this at the Vice-Presidential debate organised by the Broadcast Organisation of Nigeria and the Nigeria Elections Debate Group.

He argued that war against graft cannot be a government policy but a means to an end.

The former governor said before the current anti-graft campaign, Nigeria had more jobs and opportunities but the economy took a nosedive when the anti-corruption war started

Obi said, “It is not that you cannot fight corruption but you can fight it more aggressively while addressing economic issues. For example, in 2015, unemployment was 24 percent. Today, it is 40 per cent. In 2015, we attracted $21bn in Foreign Direct Investment but we attracted only $12bn last year. Our GDP was $500bn in 2015 while per capita was $2, 500 today it is under $1, 900.
“If you look at our stock market, we have lost over N2tn in one year. So, that is not a policy. You’re just fighting corruption, you are not creating jobs. You cannot shut down your shop and be chasing criminals.”

5 Likes

Re: Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions by Tareq1105: 11:17pm On Dec 14, 2018
Naughtysite:
Fighting corruption is that an economic policy If the economy is good people won't be willing to steal People steal because they don't want to suffer hardship

People are ever ready and willing to steal irrespective of the position of the economy
Re: Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions by menwongo(m): 11:19pm On Dec 14, 2018
Arrant nonsense! As if any of them will practice what he or she is ranting here
Re: Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions by Tareq1105: 11:20pm On Dec 14, 2018
rengsho:
The Vice-Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Mr. Peter Obi, has criticised the anti-corruption war of the All Progressives Congress-led Federal Government, insisting that it killed jobs in the process.

Obi said this at the Vice-Presidential debate organised by the Broadcast Organisation of Nigeria and the Nigeria Elections Debate Group.

He argued that war against graft cannot be a government policy but a means to an end.

The former governor said before the current anti-graft campaign, Nigeria had more jobs and opportunities but the economy took a nosedive when the anti-corruption war started

Obi said, “It is not that you cannot fight corruption but you can fight it more aggressively while addressing economic issues. For example, in 2015, unemployment was 24 percent. Today, it is 40 per cent. In 2015, we attracted $21bn in Foreign Direct Investment but we attracted only $12bn last year. Our GDP was $500bn in 2015 while per capita was $2, 500 today it is under $1, 900.
“If you look at our stock market, we have lost over N2tn in one year. So, that is not a policy. You’re just fighting corruption, you are not creating jobs. You cannot shut down your shop and be chasing criminals.”

Even when we were borrowing to pay salaries then?

Fake statistics
Re: Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions by Akanni2424(m): 11:20pm On Dec 14, 2018
The debate was really interesting .I can only see PDP ,APC and other parties representatives.I cherish Obi's responses to questions but to me he wasn't detailed enough.He was just stating the obvious and what we have heard over and over again just like the general question that was thrown to all of them concerning foreign policies.I couldn't grab any vocal point where his foreign policy will focus on and many more like that.

Osibanjo on the other hand has proven to be smart and collective.i could easily identify where most of the policies pertaining to foreign policy will focus on and they are on the economy and security. He was so able to buttress his point and let us know how he's gonna achieve what's said unlike Obi who is full of highlighting bogus ideas without how he's gonna achieve it.

How I wish Osibanjo could be the Nigeria President and Obi as the vice president.

Please you can criticize me intelligently but don't cast aspersions because it's just my opinion

7 Likes

Re: Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions by Yankee101: 11:22pm On Dec 14, 2018
This is the Presidential debate. The real one. Na them be the brain
Re: Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions by tfelicityk(m): 11:22pm On Dec 14, 2018
Go and listen to the audio properly.
teeymix16:
ure olodo....he said he was the highest purchaser of hp laptops
Re: Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions by tfelicityk(m): 11:23pm On Dec 14, 2018
OBI: DON'T CLOSE YOUR SHOP TO RUN AFTER CRIMINALS

OSINBAJO: THERE WILL BE NO SHOP IF YOU ALLOW CRIMINALS TO STEAL YOUR INVENTORY
Re: Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions by edupedia: 11:27pm On Dec 14, 2018
olaric:
I had previously made up my mind not to vote in next year's election, but Peter Obi has awaken the hope that was once dead in me. I will pass the night in Apapa where I registered so I can vote for Atiku and reject Buhari.

...fake claim for fake likes...u are not deceiving any other person than yourself...fake campaign for a thief...
Re: Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions by Nobody: 11:27pm On Dec 14, 2018
midolian:
Obi is just stammering and deviating from questions thrown at him, as if he crammed what to say regardless of questions that may come.

Osibanjo no be him mate

It's not surprising that his tribesmen are celebrating him for making no sense. They never mean well for their own.

I can't imagine Nigeria having an unintelligent man with a Davido voice as vice President

Ptui!

Everyone expects this from midolion

2 Likes

Re: Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions by maestroferddi: 11:31pm On Dec 14, 2018
rengsho:

Let somebody fault this argument...

Brainpower and compelling argument...

2 Likes

Re: Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions by Evercurious(f): 11:32pm On Dec 14, 2018
ClearFlair:

Honestly, I only know and remember PDP for two things...corruption and greed. I'm not saying the APC is filled with saints but I've seen people with really good intentions in APC. The kind of plans these people are putting together for Nigeria are mind-boggling. I am convinced that given another fours years under APC, Nigeria will blossom.

JOKE OF THE CENTURY...HAHAHHAHA

2 Likes

Re: Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions by wideawaken01: 11:34pm On Dec 14, 2018
mytime24:
Who is winning

Click

Like for Osibanjo

Share for obi

By the way vote for Atiku here. Girlchild.com.ng
Re: Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions by churchel: 11:34pm On Dec 14, 2018
ClearFlair:

Honestly, I only know and remember PDP for two things...corruption and greed. I'm not saying the APC is filled with saints but I've seen people with really good intentions in APC. The kind of plans these people are putting together for Nigeria are mind-boggling. I am convinced that given another fours years under APC, Nigeria will blossom.
FOOL like you. given another four Nigeria wil blossom. BASTARD liar. That's why you are LOW

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions by Mirriamvic(f): 11:34pm On Dec 14, 2018
Basic123:

His kinsmen,Igbo are 100% behind him both here and on nairaland (supporting him with likes) meanwhile Yorubas are divided!

Osinbajo is actually the best among them!
Your Average Then 23, Class Position 49 Out Of 50 You Are Born OlodoAnd Will Never Understand Intelligent grammar

2 Likes

Re: Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions by Ayobami7(m): 11:37pm On Dec 14, 2018
补时阶段救主
Re: Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions by churchel: 11:39pm On Dec 14, 2018
LabuleofNigeria:
"You Cant Close your Shop and Chase Criminals" indeed shocked
PDP and Atiku are prepared to loot and steal indeed

If we mistakenly free these criminals again shocked, both the shop, market, goods and store will vanish.

Come 2019 Omoluabi Osinbajo and PMB all the WAY joor !!!!
Just look at why you are like this. WASTE OF SPERM

1 Like

Re: Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions by Evercurious(f): 11:39pm On Dec 14, 2018
LabuleofNigeria:
"You Cant Close your Shop and Chase Criminals" indeed shocked
PDP and Atiku are prepared to loot and steal indeed

If we mistakenly free these criminals again shocked, both the shop, market, goods and store will vanish.

Come 2019 Omoluabi Osinbajo and PMB all the WAY joor !!!!

PLS APPLY WISDOM..PLS THINK LIKE A BUSINESS MAN?

1 Like

Re: Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions by babtoundey(m): 11:42pm On Dec 14, 2018
Enemyofpeace:
How old were you when you realised the word POLICE stands for "Public Officer for Legal Investigations and Criminal Emergencies"
Don't lie ooooo

I never knew. We learn everyday. Thank you for this.
Re: Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions by gloriana(f): 11:42pm On Dec 14, 2018
cosse:
this osinbajo is an orator abeg.smart eloquent dude
who orator hep

1 Like

Re: Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions by AmuRubber(m): 11:46pm On Dec 14, 2018
"As a Nigerian, your health budget is #5 a day"

- Peter Obi
Re: Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions by Konki: 11:46pm On Dec 14, 2018
Icon79:
I just finished watching the debate on youtube. And here's my verdict:
Yemi Osinbajo is a better debater than Peter Obi. But my biggest concern is that two of the Vice Presidential Candidates were not even able to express themselves in simple English. And I am referring to the lady and the other minor party candidate. I mean, how can you aspire to be a vice presidential when you have problems speaking basic English shocked

O pari

Who made you a judge when you equally murdered English language ? shocked

1 Like

Re: Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions by gloriana(f): 11:47pm On Dec 14, 2018
chinedumoooo:
Prof. Osinbajo remain the best in to night debate because he has appropriate answers to all the questions.
including obvious lies and senseless complaints

2 Likes

Re: Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions by candygist: 11:53pm On Dec 14, 2018
kerry57:
APC is the biggest joke in this nation, a govt that cant take responsibilities. Just listen to osibanjo's closing remarks, still blaming the past govt for the ills of the nation. Why take the position in the first place, if u can't fix these problems. Sick govt.

What exactly do you want apc to take responsibility for ? The wasted 16 years of pdp rule ?
Re: Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions by Nobody: 11:54pm On Dec 14, 2018
Datazone:
The lady in green hijab (ANN) and the Muslim man (ACPN) are not fit for the role of a VP. Their performance have been lack lustre, answers have been for questions not asked, lack of confidence, dull disposition and zero in public speaking.

So far, VP Osinbanjo and VP Obi are getting it hot.

Your statement on the man points that you are a religious bigot...Y describe him by his religion?...That's bad... Gooooosh!
Re: Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions by candygist: 11:59pm On Dec 14, 2018
Naughtysite:
Fighting corruption is that an economic policy If the economy is good people won't be willing to steal People steal because they don't want to suffer hardship

Read your comment and ask yourself if they is sense in what you are saying........?
Re: Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 15, 2018
sunnymix:
what am waiting for Buhari and Atiku to come and debate.....this one is a joke....

If dem debate make I die
Re: Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions by lonewolf777: 12:04am On Dec 15, 2018
n.
midolian:
Obi is just stammering and deviating from questions thrown at him, as if he crammed what to say regardless of questions that may come.

Osibanjo no be him mate

It's not surprising that his tribesmen are celebrating him for making no sense. They never mean well for their own.

I can't imagine Nigeria having an unintelligent man with a Davido voice as vice President

Ptui!

1 Like

Re: Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions by candygist: 12:09am On Dec 15, 2018
Fostercat:
PDP will win next year Election.

See the hailing they got after the the closing remarks. It was the loudest.

Press like to concur!!

Is it likes you will take to the economy ground

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Mr Macaroni Shares His Polling Unit Results / Are US Tax Cuts Really Helping Economy? / Rochas Okorocha's Statue Brought Down By Imolites In Owerri (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.