Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,973 members, 7,821,406 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Oga Obi, No One Is Closing Shop To Pursue Any Thief - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oga Obi, No One Is Closing Shop To Pursue Any Thief (2196 Views)

Don't Vote For The Infidel, Obi, No Matter How Corrupt The Muslim Is - Cleric / Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola / Sowore: Peter Obi No Different From APC Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oga Obi, No One Is Closing Shop To Pursue Any Thief by 9jatriot(m): 2:00pm On Dec 15, 2018
From GEJ, to FFK, to Fayose, to Atiku, to Dino, to Saraki and now recently to Peter Obi, anytime it comes to corruption, these guys make statements that seem to always suggest their inherent support for corruption. That is why, although statements like "Stealing is not Corruption" or "fighting corruption is not an economic policy" may be semantically correct, the problem is, every discerning mind can tell that they are a subtle attempt at suggesting corruption is being over emphasized and should not be tackled.

Now to the most recent by Peter Obi, the new kid in the block, he is reputed to have said, "you can't close your shop and go pursuing a thief". I dare Peter Obi to send any of his boys to one of the main market in Onitcha to go into a shop and steal an item of value from that shop so that we can experiment if this new theory of his is true.
Well. I do not blame him. If Fr Mbaka has spent less time trying to get Obi to make a donation rather than spend more time teaching him the bible, he probably would have taught him the parable of the lost sheep, where the story shows how the Sheperd left the 99 sheep to go and look for just one that was missing. At least Obi is a Christian and cannot claim not to know that story.

Now to the crux of the matter. Governance did not stall in the last 3 years, even though a lot of attempts were made to recover stolen funds. If Peter Obi is not aware, a lot of roads are being built, repaired and delivered making them more motorable.

The airports are being fixed and look less of an eyesore. I do not even want to go into the railways. Is it the rice archor program aimed at making Nigeria self sustaining?
If Nigeria had closed shop when pursuing the thieves, would the 43B in the federal reserves that his gang of corrupt associates are wishing to get their hands on, be possible?

Oga Obi, no one is Closing Shop to Pursue any Thief, what we have is a Magu performing his duty, Amechi performing his duty, Fashola performing his duty and the finance section in conjunction with CBN providing policy guidance that had ensured that even though we got into recession, we did not sink like Venezuala did but rather climbed out in record time that has even marveled IMF.

The China he kept making reference to will behead him in less than 3 months of taking you to court if you are found to be corrupt, that means if it was China, some of his friends that include Metuh, FFK and co would have been history by now if we were in China.

Anytime I see pictures of Atiku and his gang of friends, all I see is an Ali baba and the 49 thieves who have been denied access to the state funds for about 3 years now and another 4 years of that will lead to their extinction.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oga Obi, No One Is Closing Shop To Pursue Any Thief by Newznow: 2:05pm On Dec 15, 2018
Watch video of Peter obi saying You can't shut down your shop and be chasing criminals"-
@PeterObi
#Debate2019 #VicePresensidentialDebate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzrb68WV8Aw
Re: Oga Obi, No One Is Closing Shop To Pursue Any Thief by PureMe01: 2:20pm On Dec 15, 2018
op tell that to osibande

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oga Obi, No One Is Closing Shop To Pursue Any Thief by MadamExcellency: 2:44pm On Dec 15, 2018
Osinbajo was only allowed to counter Obi because the debate was rigged in his favour.

Why always ask Obi's input before allowing Osinbajo to reply?

Osinbajo looked bewildered when it happened he was asked for closing remark before Obi hence he couldn't articulate his points together because he had none other than countering Obi's policies.

Another thing I noted was that Osinbajo misunderstood the idiom Obi put forward about keeping Shop open. It is only a trader on alert that keeps his goods from thieves. Not a deserter pushing excuses.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oga Obi, No One Is Closing Shop To Pursue Any Thief by netpro(m): 2:55pm On Dec 15, 2018
Atiku, Wang obi, saraki and their crew have not hidden their goal to return to the looting days. The very first policy they announce after returning from Dubia was the intention to sell National assets.

To call them criminals is an understatement.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oga Obi, No One Is Closing Shop To Pursue Any Thief by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 15, 2018
netpro:
Atiku, Wang obi, saraki and their crew have not hidden their goal to return to the looting days. The very first policy they announce after returning from Dubia was the intention to sell National assets.

To call them criminals is an understatement.

All of you supporting APC will live to regret it...

8 Likes

Re: Oga Obi, No One Is Closing Shop To Pursue Any Thief by netpro(m): 3:27pm On Dec 15, 2018
thunderfirebuha:

All of you supporting APC will live to regret it...

You be alive and witness the 2nd term of Buhari. Soon you will stop atikulooting and start screaming "no referendum, no erection" grin grin grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oga Obi, No One Is Closing Shop To Pursue Any Thief by mekaboy(m): 3:47pm On Dec 15, 2018
If shop was open you would attract investors. You have not spent a dime on refineries and have not been able to get investors to work on them.

6 Likes

Re: Oga Obi, No One Is Closing Shop To Pursue Any Thief by DMerciful(m): 3:49pm On Dec 15, 2018
Corruption this corruption that....It's not an economic policy

3 Likes

Re: Oga Obi, No One Is Closing Shop To Pursue Any Thief by Goke7: 4:04pm On Dec 15, 2018
Nigeria is joking if it thinks that Corruption is not the main issue, if you like build roads, improve infrastructure and improve the economy, if you don't fight corruption, all your achievements will be eroded. Nigeria has indeed made giant strides since independence in 1960 but all has been eroded and continues to be eroded by the monster called corruption. I stand with the op.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oga Obi, No One Is Closing Shop To Pursue Any Thief by budaatum: 4:15pm On Dec 15, 2018
Goke7:
Nigeria is joking if it thinks that Corruption is not the main issue, if you like build roads, improve infrastructure and improve the economy, if you don't fight corruption, all your achievements will be eroded. Nigeria has indeed made giant strides since independence in 1960 but all has been eroded and continues to be eroded by the monster called corruption. I stand with the op.
With corruption, those roads would never be completed nor would infrastructure and the economy improve. They'd be like buckets with big holes in the bottom that you pour water in but it never fills up.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oga Obi, No One Is Closing Shop To Pursue Any Thief by budaatum: 4:20pm On Dec 15, 2018
DMerciful:
Corruption this corruption that....It's not an economic policy
Of course it isn't. When corruption is being fought the corrupt have their economy stifled. Why else are thieves screaming "corruption is not economic policy", if not because they are starving!?

Buhari seriously turned off the source of pigs' trough feeding!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oga Obi, No One Is Closing Shop To Pursue Any Thief by DMerciful(m): 4:24pm On Dec 15, 2018
Buhari did this Buhari did that.....Why are you people making a god out of him? Is it not same Bubu that his wife said 2 men are holding captive? grin
budaatum:

Of course it isn't. When corruption is being fought the corrupt have their economy stifled. Why else are thieves screaming "corruption is not economic policy", if not because they are starving!?

Buhari seriously turned off the source of pigs' trough feeding!

1 Like

Re: Oga Obi, No One Is Closing Shop To Pursue Any Thief by budaatum: 4:31pm On Dec 15, 2018
DMerciful:
Buhari did this Buhari did that.....Why are you people making a god out of him? Is it not same Bubu that his wife said 2 men are holding captive? grin
Not a god, just much less of a devil than that thief!

I just can't imagine the sort of people who would rather have Atiku as president! Destroyers of our nation, perhaps? Oh, you will eat under him. But you'd be eating your own flesh!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oga Obi, No One Is Closing Shop To Pursue Any Thief by DMerciful(m): 5:00pm On Dec 15, 2018
4 yrs of Bubu's ineptitudes and incompetence is not enough to cure your cultlike followership? Las las you go dey alright
budaatum:

Not a god, just much less of a devil than that thief!

I just can't imagine the sort of people who would rather have Atiku as president! Destroyers of our nation, perhaps? Oh, you will eat under him. But you'd be eating your own flesh!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oga Obi, No One Is Closing Shop To Pursue Any Thief by budaatum: 5:07pm On Dec 15, 2018
DMerciful:
4 yrs of Bubu's ineptitudes and incompetence is not enough to cure your cultlike followership? Las las you go dey alright
Seriously? No! 16 years of pdp stealing is enough to cure me of stupidity! Godman! They are so shameless, they couldn't come up with new people but that Atiku! Can they possibly think we Nigerians are so stupid?

Some might be, but I'd rather starve! We are not all thieves!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oga Obi, No One Is Closing Shop To Pursue Any Thief by 9jatriot(m): 5:11pm On Dec 15, 2018
budaatum:

Seriously? No! 16 years of pdp stealing is enough to cure me of stupidity! Godman! They are so shameless, they couldn't come up with new people but that Atiku! Can they possibly think we Nigerians are so stupid?

Some might be, but I'd rather starve! We are not all thieves!

"I'd rather starve! We are not all thieves" Quote of the day.
Without meeting this guy I can tell that he abhors stealing, corruption, theft, yet a prospecting VP like Peter Obi would want us to accept the thieves around and move on, afterall they did not steal everything that day, we can manage what they left behind.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oga Obi, No One Is Closing Shop To Pursue Any Thief by budaatum: 5:23pm On Dec 15, 2018
9jatriot:

"I'd rather starve! We are not all thieves" Quote of the day.
Without meeting this guy I can tell that he abhors stealing, corruption, theft, yet a prospecting VP like Peter Obi would want us to accept the thieves around and move on, afterall they did not steal everything that day, we can manage the remaining ones.
It's shameful! Some Nigerians would say "all Nigerians are thieves" to justify their own stealing, yet, ask them if their mothers and fathers are thieves, they are quick to say they are not!

I don't know if Obi is a thief, but a vote for Atiku is a vote for a thief. If you want more corruption in Nigeria, vote for Athiefu! Only thieves would vote for him!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oga Obi, No One Is Closing Shop To Pursue Any Thief by NIGHTMARE0O7: 5:39pm On Dec 15, 2018
Goke7:

U guys are just pathetic, and only blinded by h hatred.
Some says he is fighting corruption yet all he do is witch hunting.
Some1 collection a whopping 5million dollars in cash yet he did nothing about it.

Y'all supporting this failure called buhari are all sick.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oga Obi, No One Is Closing Shop To Pursue Any Thief by 9jatriot(m): 5:59pm On Dec 15, 2018
If the anger of PDP is that the fight is selective, then what we would have been hearing from their camp would have been, "we will not be selective in our fight against corruption" but yet the feelers we keep getting is that, we will be corrupt, you too can be corrupt, as long as the money somehow flows. Every decent human being should cringe at such a posture, and yes decent humans are sometimes assumed sick, so no surprises.

A decent human being will say for example; "I'd rather starve! We are not all thieves"

NIGHTMARE0O7:

U guys are just pathetic, and only blinded by h hatred.
Some says he is fighting corruption yet all he do is witch hunting.
Some1 collection a whopping 5million dollars in cash yet he did nothing about it.

Y'all supporting this failure called buhari are all sick.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oga Obi, No One Is Closing Shop To Pursue Any Thief by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 15, 2018
Is like this op no go school

Chaiii

Common sense is not common.....illiteracy is a disease

Read and get sense.

4 Likes

Re: Oga Obi, No One Is Closing Shop To Pursue Any Thief by 9jatriot(m): 6:12pm On Dec 15, 2018
Using your own dialogue, Obi in his second response says, send your boy: The following are the boys being used at the moment, so you have said nothing new.

Policy: You have execute order as one of the boys, you have whistle blower policy, you have money laundering policy and a host of other polities
EFCC; headed by Magu is another boy sent to do the chasing while the ministers, VP and President keep on doing their job.

There is no way you guys can wriggle your way out of this, PDP and her supporters have a body language that suggest that they are at home with corruption that is your definition of common sense. How pathetic.

Juliusmalema:
Is like this op no go school

Chaiii

Common sense is not common.....illiteracy is a disease

Read and get sense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oga Obi, No One Is Closing Shop To Pursue Any Thief by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 15, 2018
9jatriot:
Using your own dialogue, Obi in his second response says, send your boy: The following are the boys being used at the moment, so you have said nothing new.

Policy: You have execute order as one of the boys, you have whistle blower policy, you have money laundering policy and a host of other polities
EFCC; headed by Magu is another boy sent to do the chasing while the ministers, VP and President keep on doing their job.

There is no way you guys can wriggle your way out of this, PDP and her supporters have a body language that suggest that they are at home with corruption that is your definition of common sense. How pathetic.

Half education is vanity...

I refer you to Dr Chris Imafidon for proper training on ethics and rudiments....infact meaning of critical thinking.
Re: Oga Obi, No One Is Closing Shop To Pursue Any Thief by 9jatriot(m): 6:25pm On Dec 15, 2018
Thanks for referring me to someone higher than you in your camp who is better able to engage in critical thinking. How do I find Dr Chris please?
Juliusmalema:

Half education is vanity...

I refer you to Dr Chris Imafidon for proper training on ethics and rudiments....infact meaning of critical thinking.

1 Like

Re: Oga Obi, No One Is Closing Shop To Pursue Any Thief by NIGHTMARE0O7: 6:29pm On Dec 15, 2018
9jatriot:
If the anger of PDP is that the fight is selective, then what we would have been hearing from their camp would have been, "we will not be selective in our fight against corruption" but yet the feelers we keep getting is that, we will be corrupt, you too can be corrupt, as long as the money somehow flows. Every decent human being should cringe at such a posture, and yes decent humans are sometimes assumed sick, so no surprises.

A decent human being will say for example; "I'd rather starve! We are not all thieves"

I Neva mentioned PDP or APC in my comment.
But here u are with ur normal PDP APC bla bla
This is not about part about Nigerians as masses.
Some1 was given 5million dollars as bribe( just calculate the amount in naira) undecided
yet the president who is "fighting corruption" does nothing about it.
And y'all see nothing wrong with that,
you are more concerned about party rather than how it concerns you as a Nigerian citizen...
It's sad the level this country has degenerated to due to biasness..

Na look I just Dey look una

2 Likes

Re: Oga Obi, No One Is Closing Shop To Pursue Any Thief by 9jatriot(m): 6:33pm On Dec 15, 2018
If your anger is just about Gaduje, then his day will surely come. No one should escape the wheel of justice with regards to corruption.

NIGHTMARE0O7:

Some1 was given 5million dollars as bribe( just calculate the amount in naira) undecided
you are more concerned about party rather than how it concerns you as a Nigerian citizen...

1 Like

Re: Oga Obi, No One Is Closing Shop To Pursue Any Thief by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 15, 2018
9jatriot:
Thanks for referring me to someone higher than you in your camp who is better able to engage in critical thinking. How do I find Dr Chris please?

The more reason I say this op no go school.

Your thinking na only upper iweka.

Oochim....lolzzzz

am done with you.

I have more valuable time than to engage u.
Re: Oga Obi, No One Is Closing Shop To Pursue Any Thief by NIGHTMARE0O7: 6:41pm On Dec 15, 2018
9jatriot:
If your anger is just about Gaduje, then his day will surely come. No one should escape the wheel of justice with regards to corruption.

U call it anger but I call is saying what Is right.
U are still seeing it from PDP APC angle.
I would have still say the same thing no matter who is an involved.
How can 1man collect 5million dollars(this is crazy) as bribe under "corruption fight era" and up till now he is not in jail or at least under Court case.

And u are saying his time will come, when will the time come?
When the president has closed the case.

1 Like

Re: Oga Obi, No One Is Closing Shop To Pursue Any Thief by 9jatriot(m): 6:52pm On Dec 15, 2018
Your first statement says all those who support PMB do not have sense, I am yet to see you condemn the man who says we should not pursue the thieves. Because, using Peter obi's policy, he is suggesting that Gaduje be allowed to go free as are many others.

If you really want to support what is right, then you should condemn this and not hide under this am not PDP or APC mantra.

NIGHTMARE0O7:

U call it anger but I call is saying what Is right.
U are still seeing it from PDP APC angle.
I would have still say the same thing no matter who is an involved.
How can 1man collect 5million dollars(this is crazy) as bribe under "corruption fight era" and up till now he is not in jail or at least under Court case.

And u are saying his time will come, when will the time come?
When the president has closed the case.

1 Like

Re: Oga Obi, No One Is Closing Shop To Pursue Any Thief by Ovamboland(m): 7:09pm On Dec 15, 2018
NIGHTMARE0O7:

Yet you all complained when an account suspected of being used for money laundering was frozen because it belongs to a PDP governor who had immunity. Efcc waited till his tenure ran out.
Now you want Buhari to go and arrest a governor who has immunity or do what exactly?

2 Likes

Re: Oga Obi, No One Is Closing Shop To Pursue Any Thief by NIGHTMARE0O7: 8:18pm On Dec 15, 2018
Ovamboland:

Yet you all complained when an account suspected of being used for money laundering was frozen because it belongs to a PDP governor who had immunity. Efcc waited till his tenure ran out.
Now you want Buhari to go and arrest a governor who has immunity or do what exactly?
Exactly what I mean, you have shot urself in d foot.

"suspected" ,Yet he froze the account.
But video caught the other one red handed And The corruption fighter suddenly went blind

1 Like

Re: Oga Obi, No One Is Closing Shop To Pursue Any Thief by NIGHTMARE0O7: 8:20pm On Dec 15, 2018
9jatriot:
Your first statement says all those who support PMB do not have sense, I am yet to see you condemn the man who says we should not pursue the thieves. Because, using Peter obi's policy, he is suggesting that Gaduje be allowed to go free as are many others.

If you really want to support what is right, then you should condemn this and not hide under this am not PDP or APC mantra.

That's how u people twist comment when did Peter obi did that please? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari In Bayelsa. Crowd Is Seriously Warming Up / BREAKING: Court Grants PDP, Atiku’s Request To Play Video / Osinbajo Speaks On DSS Court Invasion, Sowore's Rearrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.