Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,024 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus - Religion (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus (45533 Views)

David Ibiyeomie: Daddy Freeze Is A Bastard For Insulting Oyedepo, My Father / Prophet Ufuoma Bernard: "No More Tithing In My Church, Daddy Freeze Is Right" / Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by willyede(m): 11:15am On Jan 13, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
SMH, I have just realised you are more confused than a chameleon trapped in a box of skittles
Was God in the beginning, in support of tithing, in the Eden?

I am sorry to say alBHAGDADI, but there is an awful lot of empty rhetorics written in your post and others similar to yours
and I believe the reason is due to the poor understanding of the meaning ""no one knew Melchizedek birth or death"
All due to poor understanding of why it was Melchizedek, Abraham opted to give the spoils of war tithe to
Poor understanding of the customary law behind the tithe Abraham gave
Poor understanding of the circumstances of how the Levi got given the office of the priesthood
Plenty and lots of poor understandings, there are too much to continue mentioning

There you will bring your burnt offerings, your sacrifices, your tithes,
your sacred offerings, your offerings to fulfill a vow, your voluntary offerings,
and your offerings of the firstborn animals of your herds and flocks.

- Deuteronomy 12:6

Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
- Malachi 3:8

Of course, tithing is not offering, if it was offering, like you mistakenly assume it to be,
then there wont be a distinction between tithes and offerings, as being shown in Deuteronomy 12:6 and Malachi 3:8 above

The Greek original word, "die", used in Matthew 23:23, means, it is necessary, to tithe
and so when that necessity is over, that duty or responsibility to tithe, is no longer required or needed
It was under that present circumstances alBHAGDADI, that Jesus says to tithe, and not the thereafter

alBHAGDADI, the only tithes to God are:
1) the Levitical tithe aka Mosaic Law tithe, which are given to the priest (e.g. Levite)
and
2) the Abraham type of tithe, given to a priest cum king (i.e. Melchizedek)
- see #3 below

Other tithes in a secular world context (i.e. tenth, 1/10, 10% and possibly 0.1) alBHAGDADI are given
1) at pagan temples to priest(s) (note alBHAGDADI extra biblical references will be provided upon request, same with #3 below)
2) Upon the king's demand's (note alBHAGDADI bible references will be provided upon request)
3) to local ruler cum priest worthy of the consideration, after taking up arms, go to fight and winning battle fight(s) or war

This is breaking it further down for easier understanding alBHAGDADI:
1) There is obligatory tithe imposed by the Mosaic law (i.e. the Levitical tithe also known as the Mosaic Law tithe)
2) There is obligatory tithe imposed by the christian gatherings law
(i.e. ecclesiastical tithe, where christian gatherings, taxes its members tenth, 1/10, 10% and possibly 0.1 too, of their financial income)
3) There is obligatory tithe imposed by custom law (i.e. Abraham's tithing was done, due to the social setting of that time)
4) There is obligatory tithe imposed by monarchy law (i.e. tenth of seed and of vineyards, given to the king's officials and servants)

Now, there is another, which is voluntary tithe,
The nuance in this sort of tithe or tithing, is that it isn't imposed by the Mosaic law, not by christian gatherings law or by any custom law
It so happens or occurs, when FREELY, one DECIDES to GIVE, a tenth of one's financial standing,
as a form of contribution or donation toward's Kingdom purposes, aid or means

In fact, the tithing subtle difference, is that it is NOT obligatory or imposed

Bible writers and God use the terms, tenth and tithe interchangeably
So if I voluntarily give 10%, a tenth or 10 out 100 of my money contribution or donation toward's Kingdom purposes, aid or means,
I technically have given a tithe,
Considering that it is not a taxed, obligatory or imposition tithe, then I am free, to go ahead giving it

All tithes or tithings, are a form of giving
but NOT all giving are a tenth, tithe or tithing
because the giving could more or less than a tenth, tithe or tithing

The Bible's message today, is about a revolutionary way of giving, where believers are instructed or urged as in 2 Corinthians 9:7 above

Giving could be 50% today, as in 50% equals half of your money
Giving could be 10% next month, as in 10% equals a tithe, tenth, or 10 out 100 of your money
(i.e. voluntary tithe, voluntarily giving 10%)
Giving could be 100% following month, as in 100%, equals all of your money
Giving could be 0% following month after, as in 0%, equals zero goes out of your money
Could decide to give 1% month following after, as in 1%, equals 1 out 100 of your money
The giving cycle is not fixed, it might repeat or not repeat itself
How much you give, changes according to the ammount or percentage, you willingly decide to give

It is the freedom, to give whatever you're comfortable with cheerfully
This sort of giving regardless of the percentages is desirable but not obligatory
Without stipulating amounts to give, you're are being trusted to know, to do the 3 right things

You must each decide in your heart how much to give.
And don't give reluctantly or in response to pressure.
(i.e. you shouldn't be sorry that you gave or feel forced to give)
"For God loves a person who gives cheerfully."

- 2 Corinthians 9:7

It is obligatory, taxed or imposed tithing that Christians cannot tithe

It is imposed tithing, which is dead with the law
and believers are not obligated to perform any form of imposed tithing

alBHAGDADI, correctively, the Bible teaches the "church" the revolutionary way of giving,
where believers are instructed or urged in 2 Corinthians 9:7 above, to do

2 Corinthians 9:7, by the way actually, is a rehashed principle God HAS always endorsed,
as evident in
Exodus 25:2, Exodus 35:29, Deuteronomy 15:10 & 1 Chronicles 29:9

Go check out Exodus 25:2, Exodus 35:29, Deuteronomy 15:10 & 1 Chronicles 29:9 alBHAGDADI
God is doing a full circle with this

Bravo! Encore!! You could see I am impressed
reading you scoring multiple own goals all over your post and elsewhere on this thread. Bwahahaha ha.

alBHAGDADI now jokes apart
Look, here is a chance after you've finished reading ALL I've posted up here, to redeem your image and self
1/ Why alBHAGDADI, did Abram had to tithe, because it certainly was not because he was asked by God to?
2/ Why did Jacob vow to give tithe to God when he said "I will surely give You a tenth."?
3/ Why alBHAGDADI, was it that, it was after 400 years plus of Jacob's vow, that God had the temerity to demand tithe from Israel?
4/ Now alBHAGDADI, don't believe the sold lie that Jacob tithed,
but if you do and are a victim of that deception
please tell how, where, why, how and whom Jacob could have possibly tithed?
5/ Following on with #1 above, what's the significant reason why it's Melchizedek who was Abraham's preferred choice to hand over tithe to?
6/ What would you accept and agree as the common denominator in all biblical tithe giving (e.g. Abraham's tithe and the Levitical tithing) is?

Let me see how you react and respond to the above simple six questions
cc Mobilia, nelsonoba, OkCornel, openmine
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by olaolutreasure(m): 3:46pm On Jan 19, 2019
Is voracious reading one of your new year resolution? Here is an opportunity for you...
Zion Library is the city of the Learned, the Mount of the informed.
Just in a click, find yourself transported to Zion...
https:///HOKka0QZA06E5KnrVAhgpq
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Amujale(m): 7:43pm On Apr 08, 2020
Jesus is a fictitious character that never existed.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Amujale(m): 7:43pm On Apr 08, 2020
According to African history, the name 'Jesus' is associated with pain, misery, death and slavery.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Amujale(m): 7:48pm On Apr 08, 2020
There isnt one genuine shred of evidence to substantiate the existence of the 'Jesus' character.

Jesus is a fake god.

In all reality, the name Jesus is generally associated with death, deceit, deception, misery, pain and slavery.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Amujale(m): 7:49pm On Apr 08, 2020
The African Gods are the only true and proper ones.

Not to be conflated with the Almighty God.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:36pm On Oct 22, 2023
kotaru:

You're getting it all wrong, it is not about greed, but about doing what is right. No matter how long you hold unto a wrong doctrine it will not make it right. As a child of God you should be teachable, especially when there is ample scriptural prove.

All forms of Legalistic ordinances (like Legalistic Tithing) will eventually birth self-righteousness or sin-consciousness , and this is very dangerous. There is no need for all this, Christ has brought a better way which is "Love". The Law is Bondage while Christ is Liberty.
Please endeavor to read Acts 15:1-32. Shalom Shalom
Hello!
Please let's chat here! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Photos Of Nigerian Churches With Funny Names. / TB Joshua Showed That Ajoke Was Adopted, Not His Biological Daughter (Video) / Dr. Intercessor Jehovah Buys His Third Hummer Limousine, Shows It Off In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.