Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills (34644 Views)

Channels TV Addresses Dame Patient As President Of Nigeria [photo] / Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 / Has Anyone Heard A Word From Dame Patience Recently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by Engen(m): 4:19am On Aug 05, 2010
pls stop deceiving your self,  English has become part of us, in this age and time you ought to speak English with all clarity and stop bringing shame on us, Including all those journalist that muffled their words,
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by fonfon: 4:36am On Aug 05, 2010
The Truth is leadership is innate or learned, for crying loud if you find yourself in such position, you must make efforts to improve ur communication skills.

Go and sit down,in china they speak chinese ,in India they speak Hindi ,gujurati,marati,the grman speak and go to school in german .You dont have your own identity abeg forget.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by fonfon: 4:39am On Aug 05, 2010
The Truth is leadership  is innate or learned, for crying loud if you find yourself in such position, you must make  efforts to  improve your communication skills.

Go and sit down,in china they speak chinese ,in India they speak Hindi ,gujurati,marati,the grman speak and go to school in german .You dont have your own identity abeg forget
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by occam(m): 5:39am On Aug 05, 2010
Very funny grin. sometimes it's difficult to change from pidgin English to English. ppl, no need to sweat this; we understand what she's saying.

he carry second (this is old pidgin)
this is funny too: go siddon my friend (go and sit down). very common expression during a heated discussion
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by yek: 5:48am On Aug 05, 2010
make una free madam joo. . .
she no fit impress una with her spoken english - gini mezia- she's first lady u cant even boo if she 'shoots' in ur presence that maks her a bigger person and with all ur english abilities where are u ?
why not concentrate on the tree stump in ur eye . . .

maw fuckers
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by Nizoral(f): 7:15am On Aug 05, 2010
Abeg permit me 2 spik my own here. Al dis people wey dy 4m english na una package 4 here, una go dy 4m english because she manage spik una dy find fault. Al dis fault finders, dm no perfect oh. I here say person compare turai with patience hahahahahaha i laf in pidgin shey d person d kolo abi e jxt deaf con dumb at d same time, atleast patience spik pidgin, i no wetin turai dy spik weda na englihausa i no no. So u guys shud stop al dis baldergdash.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by edujoy(m): 8:03am On Aug 05, 2010
Foolish thread sad
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by yemmight(m): 8:15am On Aug 05, 2010
Like husband, like wife.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by dustydee: 8:17am On Aug 05, 2010
She can be excused, but not all the time, remember the George Bush blunders "the childrens are here"
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by rasputinn(m): 8:19am On Aug 05, 2010
@ OP

Sharrap did it easy to carry second before
mschewwwwww
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by hushy(m): 8:30am On Aug 05, 2010
come not only first ladies are affected, even their hubby too, wetin yar adua dey talk, see obj then, that guy english na war, "you nko" all of them no sabi pass to dey thief, so make just bone their side cos una just dey talk, and na una pocket e dey go, that one no say make dem no thief. mumu eagles play dem collect some money upon say dem no gree beat anybody this girls come try reach final dem dey give dem scholarship wey no go work out. God go punish all of una for that top place wey dey disturb Nigeria.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by chosen04(f): 8:32am On Aug 05, 2010
agabaI23:

You dey emit bullet here and yet you are casting aspersion on someone. Time to shut it.

. . . . .Veruy funny

Its only a small mind that considers a keyboard error as a bullet you can even tell by just looking at the statement. . . . . .

Thank God, there is no keyboard error in speaking. Its nothing but a wonderfully articulated bullet by a Phd holder!

Beaf:

Don't mind chosen04.

I actually put the post you quoted in the grammar checker here http://ed.grammarly.com/
It came up with 14 problems. . . In about 50 words!!! shocked
Thats a whopping 28% error rate!

. . . . . .Comedian of the Federal Republic

And you didnt bother to put uncle Joe and aunty Dame's grammer in your checker? Hope its not cos they are both  from Niger Delta?

agabaI23:

Don't run ke? I said something about the rubbish you wrote earlier. God check the post I quoted from you. It made no meaning and it was impossible for me to say anything

I think someone has answered you though after you corrected your shyyt.

Like I said earlier, please your English is awful and you have no right to throw stones.

Most times you dont sound reasonable . . . . . . sorry sensible!
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by agabaI23(m): 8:36am On Aug 05, 2010
chosen04:

. . . . .Veruy funny

Its only a small mind that considers a keyboard error as a bullet you can even tell by just looking at the statement. . . . . .

Thank God, there is no keyboard error in speaking. Its nothing but a wonderfully articulated bullet by a Phd holder!

. . . . . .Comedian of the Federal Republic

And you didnt bother to put uncle Joe and aunty Dame's grammer in your checker? Hope its not cos they are both  from Niger Delta?

Most times you dont sound reasonable . . . . . . sorry sensible

You are right . . . . .not
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by chosen04(f): 8:44am On Aug 05, 2010
agabaI23:

You are right . . . . .not

Accepting the infacts/truths??
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by kemisuga(f): 9:13am On Aug 05, 2010
Please enroll your children for free English Language class here!
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by agabaI23(m): 9:13am On Aug 05, 2010
So if GEJ  tells you that he typed 'runned' , 'any progressive leader who dont' and 'T[b]his the position of the vice president inferior by any standard? if not in only the grammatical expression of a Phd holder[/b]?' in error will you not be hyperventilating?

No you will be here slagging him off.
chosen04:

Accepting the infacts/truths??
Accepting what? Do you work with basket mouth?
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by fyneguy: 9:22am On Aug 05, 2010
^^^^^Keyboard error for RUNNED?

Please I will like to buy your keyboard. I can push it into the guiness book of records and earn some $$  grin
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by agabaI23(m): 9:26am On Aug 05, 2010
fyneguy:

^^^^^Keyboard error for RUNNED?

Please I will like to buy your keyboard. I can push it into the guiness book of records and earn some $$  grin  

Inaa Chosen04. Zo mana. Akweghi market fa. Keyboard nawane? grin

Onye apari!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by martinosi: 9:47am On Aug 05, 2010
olas2u:

Go and sit down,in china they speak chinese ,in India they speak Hindi ,gujurati,marati,the grman speak and go to school in german .You dont have your own identity abeg forget.

So our political leaders should be speaking
like people that do not have a basic grasp of the English
Languague Politics is about representing peopls
and if you cant do it then just shut up like the way the UK
Prime Minister David Cameron wife does!!!
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by pritypeety(f): 9:56am On Aug 05, 2010
One first lady I still give it to now is Late Mrs Stella Obasanjo
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 05, 2010
martinosi:

So our political leaders should be speaking
like people that do not have a basic grasp of the English
Languague Politics is about representing peopls
and if you cant do it then just shut up like the way the UK
Prime Minister David Cameron wife does!!!

thats sums it up. no problem if the first lady has the erudition of a preschooler, or cannot string two sentences togehtehr - just do what others with similar handicaps do - keep out of public speaking instead of making a fool of yourself
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by Abbeyme: 10:29am On Aug 05, 2010
We all cannot continue to quote Mrs Jonathan out of context. If anyone is having the full interview or review; let such a person publish same. The Dame can just be in a light mood at the occassion or at that instance of that grammar and could also be at leisure at other previous instances quoted before this incidence. So, in my humble opinion, I guess she is not entirely wrong nor criminal to express herself by herself - either or not as the firstlady of our Country.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 05, 2010
It seems like many folks here are having difficulties in dealing with their low self-esteem problems, hence they are laboriously looking for scape goats.

Colo-mentality is indeed one hell of a disease. grin
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by elewedu(m): 10:56am On Aug 05, 2010
What do you expect from our "wafee" first lady, i bet she is one of the best in her clime. However the most important thing is that she has communicated, whether it is in good english or pidgin, she is still better than the likes of patrick obahiagbon. I beg ,make una free am jooooo.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by UyiIredia(m): 11:05am On Aug 05, 2010
try this for communication skills  grin grin >>>"mummy, i want to go to chinese to learn how to speak china" >>> courtesy of my junior brother LMFAO  grin grin

MORAL OF MY STORY >>> I've seen English murdered by Nigerians on CNN >>> our first lady try jooo !!!
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by slimnike(m): 11:08am On Aug 05, 2010
U call that communication! From a First Lady. Abah. lipsrsealed
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by chidichris(m): 11:10am On Aug 05, 2010
this life is somehow. most of us here can speak english from now till next year without a mistake but they will never have the opportunity to be on local, national not to talk of international tv to address us yet those who cannot speak broken had, have and will continue to have the opportunity to address us.
i will suggest those sabi english shld go and speak their grammer to the birds while mrs. goodluck continues with her blunders with us.
no one is complete in life. let us enjoy what we have as every man/woman has his or her calling.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by Roliks09: 11:13am On Aug 05, 2010
This is a topic which has been on my mind. The spoken English of our leaders is bad, and I think we deserve better. But who'll demand? Is it Nairalanders whose written English is nothing to write home about? Even the OP made terrible mistakes.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by Roliks09: 11:13am On Aug 05, 2010
This is a topic which has been on my mind. The spoken English of our leaders is bad, and I think we deserve better. But who'll demand? Is it Nairalanders whose written English is nothing to write home about? Even the OP made terrible mistakes.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by Theblessed(f): 1:35pm On Aug 05, 2010
occam:

Very funny grin. sometimes it's difficult to change from pidgin English to English. ppl, no need to sweat this; we understand what she's saying.

he carry second (this is old pidgin)
this is funny too: go siddon my friend (go and sit down). very common expression during a heated discussion

Thanks, good man! Ignore those who are whiter than the whites themselves. 

They think English is their forefathers tongue! One could obviously sense some peoples jealousy in their comments here and, I wonder if it were their mothers, sisters and aunties how better could they use English language therefore, I say, go on Mrs Jonathan, enjoy your position. wink wink wink wink
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by eyanpataki: 1:45pm On Aug 05, 2010
English I believe is not only a foreign language but our official language
So there is every cause for we to be fluent in it,
but if there is any who is not good
start reading brighter grammar today
recommended for the Lady, lol
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 05, 2010
it is not easy to take first shakabula - leave our first shelling machine alone o angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Have Left PDP – Edwin Clark / Children Draw To Recount Their Boko Haram Experiences (Photos) / Comparing Tinubu's First 21 Days To That Of Buhari In 2015