Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,434 members, 7,826,682 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills (34676 Views)

Channels TV Addresses Dame Patient As President Of Nigeria [photo] / Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 / Has Anyone Heard A Word From Dame Patience Recently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by Akosbaba(m): 2:14am On Aug 09, 2010
^^^we already have Nigerian english,it's called pidgin english.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by PhysicsQED(m): 2:48am On Aug 09, 2010
A "Nigerian English" is just not possible. The amount of change Nigerians inject into the language is way greater than what Americans, Australians, Canadians, etc, put into English.

Anyway, Nigeria HAS had well spoken leaders, contrary to what someone stated on the first page of this thread, in the persons of Ahmadu Bello, Zik, and Awolowo. Don't know about Balewa. Possibly Murtala Mohammed. More than likely Macaulay was very articulate.

The only clip of one of these leaders speaking that I could find a link to was Ahmadu Bello, with his semi-British English, and the clip, incidentally enough is actually criticizing him by exposing his biases.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D504h_1x4ws&feature=related
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by mikeoscar: 6:29pm On Aug 09, 2010
My dear, am tired too oh, worst for me is that i have to be there sometimes to listen to her live. The sad part is that she is such a nice person with s good heart but why she did not go to school when her husband was getting PHDs makes me wonder. Anyway, her husband adores and worships the groud she works on even with her bad grammer, perharps that is what gives her so much confidence. When a man loves a woman and treats her well, she will be so full of confidence no matter how other people see your short comings as long as her husband does not see it or comment she no go send

Is this a case of pot calling kettle black? otherwise you both have been listening or writing to one another "LIVE" tongue tongue.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 09, 2010
@poster
my dear, u skipped d main one. my ears nearly exploded when i heard it: something about nigeria being the "proud of africa". kai!
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by ow11(m): 7:20pm On Aug 09, 2010
Both of them need better speech writers and elocution classes. . .ELSE They mandate that loud mouth (Akunyili) to standardise Pidgin English and make it our second official language whilst standardising the our own 'Nigerian Standard English' like the Indians, Americans and Australians have done. In that case saying 'the girls carry second' would be considered correct in Nigerian English.

She needs to ensure we have 1. Nigerian Standard English (NE) as our official language 2. Nigerian Pidgin English as our second official language as Haitians have 2 versions of French.

Her ministry is Information and CULTURE!!
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by favouredjb(f): 9:43pm On Aug 09, 2010
Please its not easy to carry second,naija no dey carry last!that woman needs a someone to coach her like so many other people have suggested here,and she needs to get her voice trained asap!she also needs a stylist, I don't understand the money to accomplish all this is available so what is the dame waiting for?
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by PhinaBrown: 2:54pm On Aug 10, 2010
obiom or whatever your name is, is it a crime for somebody to make a mistake in spoken english?. How many times did you correct the speeches of our former president - Olusegun Obasanjo. Or that of the former vice president - alhaji abubakr atiku or better still, are you trying to suggest to the president for follow his predecessor's idear of dumbing his realy wive for a second wife because of her inability to speak fine in public? Common guy, this president is down to earth. He respect peoples opinion including his. So if you feel, the first lady does not have a good command of spoken english, then apply as a consultant english teacher, in fact, the job is yours. tatapho. you no go mind your business. Amibo. Abi na only you hear when she talkam! lol.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by favouredjb(f): 11:17am On Aug 11, 2010
Made a mistake,"someone"not a someone
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by obiem(m): 11:27am On Aug 11, 2010
PhinaBrown:

obiom or whatever your name is, is it a crime for somebody to make a mistake in spoken english?. How many times did you correct the speeches of our former president - Olusegun Obasanjo. Or that of the former vice president - alhaji abubakr atiku or better still, are you trying to suggest to the president for follow his predecessor's idear [b]of dumbing his realy wive [/b]for a second wife because of her inability to speak fine in public? Common guy, this president is down to earth. He respect peoples opinion including his. So if you feel, the first lady does not have a good command of spoken english, then apply as a consultant english teacher, in fact, the job is yours. tatapho. you no go mind your business. Amibo. Abi na only you hear when she talkam! lol.

Where did this one jump out from to attack me? See ur written english, ur case is even worse than that of the dame. It's not your business only if you decide to make it yours. Advice work on your english dear Phina Brown and fro the records, it's obiem not obiom!

favouredjb:

Made a mistake,"someone"not a someone

Tanx favouredjb for that one
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by DisGuy: 9:06pm On Aug 21, 2010
Oh boy just watched the woman again on NTA addressing women on Education, some of the women listening behind her were LMTAO!!!

she sounds like one town crier

She needs to address the nation on Health particularly Obesity  shocked
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by Nobody: 5:30am On Aug 22, 2010
Jonathan needs to change his wife, Dame is not worthy of a first lady, that is why you men should be watching and be selective before you said i do, is english is catastrophic, and talk like a kindergathing kid and her mouth na wahh when she dey talk, sometimes Mrs Anenih will be laughing at her back when she is talking they will be making jestering of her, watch it well well.

Na wah 4 Dame she is just a t.rash
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by DisGuy: 4:11pm On Aug 22, 2010
barnabasj:

Jonathan needs to change his wife, Dame is not worthy of a first lady, that is why you men should be watching and be selective before you said i do, is english is catastrophic, and talk like a kindergathing kid and her mouth na wahh when she dey talk, sometimes Mrs Anenih will be laughing at her back when she is talking they will be making jestering of her, watch it well well.

Na wah 4 Dame she is just a t.rash

you mean o, you mean that slow dude should change his wife just like that he likes them big and in control- cash madam!, you'll notice both of them are pretty much rubbish when addressing the public- havent you noticed he's never granted an interview with any journalist in nigeria or say the FT. he sounds pretty much like the average nairlander and that's upping his status! You should hear him speak when wade of Senegal visited at the state house
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by ladygaga(f): 12:06am On Oct 06, 2010
I'm sure Hausa was not the language of communication in her university.

come to my school now and see how a student and lecturer relate in hausa,
the most annoying thing is dat just because they are hausas they are passed whether they deserve it or not!
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by TPS360: 1:20am On Oct 06, 2010
We cant compare Nigeria to germany of china . We have over 250 dialects and using that has an excuse is just pathetic. She is the first lady of the so-called giant of Africa
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by moderattor: 6:30pm On Jan 16, 2011
idiotic critics!
How many of your mothers can speak better english?
Ok ok lets step it down a little. . .
How many of ur gurlfriends can 'spoke' better english?
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by Riot5000: 9:09am On Jan 17, 2011
DON'T FORGET HER CHUNKINESS, PATIENCE Jonathan.
How much FATTER can she get before she starts blocking the SUN?
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by dayokanu(m): 10:33pm On Sep 14, 2011
Madam don come again oooo

Re: Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills by ojsmscom(m): 7:01pm On Jul 27, 2014
Onye si ka oburu ya,oburu ya oga eme gini

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Recession: 3 Nigerian National Assets Buhari Must Not Sell- RMAFC / MC Oluomo Steps Down As NURTW Chairman In Lagos / Dino Melaye Moved From DSS Health Facility To SARS Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.