Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,375 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) (7047 Views)

Pdp: An Association Of Failures (written On September 3, 2010 At 1:01am) / Jarus' Exclusive Interview With Nuhu Ribadu / Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 03, 2010
Towards A Better Section: 03/August/2010
Before I'm accused of being too serious about this Mod thing, let me state clearly that I so much believe in NL that I do quote it in my contributions to national discourses in no less media than Thisday, Sun, Daily Trust,Nigeria Village Square etc.

Before unveiling my 5-point programmes, let me clarify some issues that may come up:

1, PERSONAL VIEWS: Like any other person, I have my personal views on varying issues. Being a Mod will not make me drop these views, but I promise not to use my position to suppress dissenting views or impartially promote my personal views. Having engaged in various discussions on this section in the last 3 years, most of my takes on issues are well known, notably approval of current CBN reforms with only a few reservations; advocate of one Nigeria and disbeliever in split as solution; belief that North  and South are both guilty of teh current mess the country is in; and many other personal opinions which are well known here. But will I use my Mod status to promote these views? No. I will continue to engage in discussions, marshaling my views on neutral ground. So my good friend, Naijaking, you are safe lol. It is also good to clarify here that I am a Muslim, and in fact the Mod of Muslims section for over a year, but I guarantee fairness to everybody irrespective of religious or ideological persuasion.

I hereby unveil the following as my initiatives toward making this section a better place. Note that I’m not creating any new rule, they are all carved within the general forum rules. They are just my ideas on how to make this section better, and they don’t contradict the general forum  rules. The general forum rules remain sacrosanct and I will enforce them to letter

1, Good Titles, Serious Forum: I personally have a soft spot for good grammar, but bad grammar is not an offence. So I will not tamper with any post for bad grammar, but I may edit titles as much as possible if grammar acrobatic is committed in titling the thread. Titles that are at variance with thread message/import, which could be misleading, will also be reframed. The raison d’etre here is to give visitors and first timers the impression that this is a serious site, and goes beyond the ‘online playing ground of some internet-addicted teenagers’. No less a personality than Professor Pius Akinsanmi, the Canada-based NEXT columnist and NVS editorial board member comes here.

2, The Tribalism Monster: Well, this is the most cancerous malady here and I will not deceive myself to say I can totally eradicate it, but I will use persuasion skills to encourage them to post such topics in the Tribalism and Sectionalism section, while using my moving, locking, deleting and warning powers to keep it at bay. I will also not hesitate to recommend for ban stubborn offenders.

3, Hall of Fame/Hall of Shame: Part of my initiative to make this forum fun-filled, is to open a thread called NL Politics section Hall of Fame and Hall of Shame. At the end of every month we shall be inducting a personality(not Nairalanders, but our political leaders, etc) that has been in the news for the wrong reason in the month for the former hall and for the right reason(if any) for the positive reason for the latter category. It’s gonna be interesting

4, Complaint Bureau: A thread shall also be opened for politics section contributors to voice out their grievances about the Mods, or other members, or lodge complaint about issues. Instead of taking rules into your hand, this will also be a medium to report provocative members. This is initiated to reduce fighting

5, The Grand Debates: I am also introducing a thread to be called 'The Grand Debate Arena', which will serve as official thread to discuss topical issues.Topical issues like CBN reforms, zoning, etc shall be discussed at lenght, and the thread will be guarded. We will be inviting members from both sides of the debate to slug it out.

Together we can ahve a great section!
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by Beaf: 10:24pm On Aug 03, 2010
I'm loving this. But as for thread titles and good grammar, I hope the mapster doesn't kill your dream before it is born. grin
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by Katsumoto: 10:30pm On Aug 03, 2010
Beaf:

I'm loving this. But as for thread titles and good grammar, I hope the mapster doesn't kill your dream before it is born. grin

You too dey find trouble.  cheesy
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by dayokanu(m): 10:31pm On Aug 03, 2010
Hey candidate Jarus.

Your mouth is wsweet like those yeye Politicians.

How do you plan to address the major scourge on this forum, Your own very good friend

Alhaji Dr, Professor, Oluwo, Otunba, Eze, Imama, Reverend Pastor, GO, Arch-Bishop, Most Reverred, Maazi Musiwa.

Aside English can we also post in Batu?

What of thread titles like

JARUS: I HAVE TELL YOU, OFFA IS BIGGER THAN CANADA EVEN THE REDEEMED PASTOR IN NORTH AMERICA KNOW THIS FROM UNILORIN

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 03, 2010
Rolling on my bed laffing my ass off, batu is allowed
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by ProAnti: 10:42pm On Aug 03, 2010
dayokanu:

Hey candidate Jarus.

Your mouth is wsweet like those yeye Politicians.

How do you plan to address the major scourge on this forum, Your own very good friend

Alhaji Dr, Professor, Oluwo, Otunba, Eze, Imama, Reverend Pastor, GO, Arch-Bishop, Most Reverred, Maazi Musiwa.

Aside English can we also post in Batu?

What of thread titles like

JARUS: I HAVE TELL YOU, OFFA IS BIGGER THAN CANADA EVEN THE REDEEMED PASTOR IN NORTH AMERICA KNOW THIS FROM UNILORIN

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
ROTFLOL

Una no go kill me for Nairaland.
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by ProAnti: 10:51pm On Aug 03, 2010
@ Jarus,

You are ONE of the moderators in this section. What are your plans for an effective mod-mod collabo.
Coming up with these fantastic ideas gives the impression that Aisha2 and other prior mods were ineffective and/or not creative.

Were these the ideas that got you the job?

[size=5pt]Wetin konsain me 4 dis mata? [/size]
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by EzeUche22(m): 11:00pm On Aug 03, 2010
Ok I shall be serious in these threads. I actually support serious discussions.
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 03, 2010
Politics section has always had two Mods, its a section that requires constant, almost minute by minute watch which is not possible, after all the Mod cannot be online 24/7, so it is necessary to have more than 1 person overseeing it. Ditto for other hot sections of Roamance and Religion. So it doesn't in anyway mean Aisha2 is inefficient.These plans do not mean this section was in limbo before. In fact, of all the 5
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by Nobody: 11:09pm On Aug 03, 2010
Of all the 5, only two of them address a current problem. Others just seek a way of adding extra value to the section. Aisha is a lady I like to work with, she even sent me a PM to welcome me and explain one or two things to me. So expect a cordial working relationship.
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by olaolabiy: 11:10pm On Aug 03, 2010
@Jarus,
I like the idea of good use of English. There should be no room for poor grammar. We want refined and informed characters here, please.
Let's all help Jarus.
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by asha80(m): 11:15pm On Aug 03, 2010
ola olabiy:

@Jarus,
I like the idea of good use of English. There should be no room for poor grammar. We want refined and informed characters here, please.
Let's all help Jarus.

Tell that one to Mapomeji
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by Katsumoto: 11:34pm On Aug 03, 2010
asha 80:

Tell that one to Mapomeji

He is not the most ignorant or uncouth poster in this section?
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by Nobody: 11:45pm On Aug 03, 2010
Jarus:

Before I'm accused of being too serious about this Mod thing, let me state clearly that I so much believe in NL that I do quote it in my contributions to national discourses in no less media than Thisday, Sun, Daily Trust,Nigeria Village Square etc.

Before unveiling my 5-point programmes, let me clarify some issues that may come up:

2, The Tribalism Monster: Well, this is the most cancerous malady here and I will not deceive myself to say I can totally eradicate it, but I will use persuasion skills to encourage them to post such topics in the Tribalism and Sectionalism section, while using my moving, locking, deleting and warning powers to keep it at bay. I will also not hesitate to recommend for ban stubborn offenders.

I don't agree with that softly-softly method. You definitely do need to be more heavy-handed in permanently excluding the tribal wind-up merchants and ethnic supremacists that have done so much to deface nairaland.
It is surely not enough just to move their posts from section to section or to allow them to resurface with different user names after a supposed suspension,
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by debosky(m): 11:46pm On Aug 03, 2010
5 point plan? cheesy

Jarus you too much. cool
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by DisGuy: 12:34am On Aug 04, 2010

Jarus you are too much jare carry go!!

But in the name of God I beg you restrict this hall of fame, vanguard newspaper style post to nairaland or general discussion levels, i know you enjoy being a budding autobiographer but please not in this section

3, Hall of Fame/Hall of Shame: Part of my initiative to make this forum fun-filled, is to open a thread called NL Politics section Hall of Fame and Hall of Shame. At the end of every month we shall be inducting a personality(not Nairalanders, but our political leaders, etc) that has been in the news for the wrong reason in the month for the former hall and for the right reason(if any) for the positive reason for the latter category. It’s gonna be interesting

for politicians at the end of the year is better
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by DrKitaun(m): 1:19am On Aug 04, 2010
Toward or towards ?

Nice game plan but i wonder why you are sounding like the sole mod in the politics section. You should have released it in a manifesto form not this ''I don arrive style" LOL !
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by Nobody: 1:28am On Aug 04, 2010
rotfl!!! oloriburuku ni kitaun yi sha grin grin grin
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by OAM4J: 1:49am On Aug 04, 2010
Oh! just noticing you are now a moderator here.

Just co-moderate the section fairly and we will be fine. Welcome and good luck.  cool

modified
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by Nobody: 6:52am On Aug 04, 2010
Thanks, Dis Guy, for the 'Towards' correction. Saw it since but posting from phone, can't modify. Ok, how about Hall of shame for political personalities in the news for wrong reason? May drop 'Hall of fame' but methink we should not only harp on the negatives in our country, the positives should also be commended, especially when we have someone doing one.
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by philip0906(m): 7:11am On Aug 04, 2010
@tensor777
Except u want 2 loose "customer". . .tribalism sells big time here grin grin grin
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 04, 2010
maybe we need a propaganda subsection for all those bukola /fashola/chime is doing well threads
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by blacksta(m): 10:49am On Aug 04, 2010
Flipping Hell  - I think i heard that one before 7 point agenda sorry yours is 5 point agenda . Hop sha that you will see through -
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by DisGuy: 2:14pm On Aug 04, 2010
Jarus:

Thanks, Dis Guy, for the 'Towards' correction. Saw it since but posting from phone, can't modify. Ok, how about Hall of shame for political personalities in the news for wrong reason? May drop 'Hall of fame' but methink we should not only harp on the negatives in our country, the positives should also be commended, especially when we have someone doing one.

Dr Kit made the correction

Hall of Fame and Shame is cool but not on a monthly basis- we need them to be consistent all year long to acknowledge their good works
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 04, 2010
Dis Guy:

Dr Kit made the correction

Hall of Fame and Shame is cool but not on a monthly basis- we need them to be consistent all year long to acknowledge their good works
Thanks. Noted.
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 04, 2010
philip0906:

@tensor777
Except u want 2 loose "customer". . .tribalism sells big time here grin grin grin
Now that is very glaring. lipsrsealed
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 12, 2010
4, Complaint Bureau: A thread shall also be opened for politics section contributors to voice out their grievances about the Mods, or other members, or lodge complaint about issues. Instead of taking rules into your hand, this will also be a medium to report provocative members. This is initiated to reduce fighting
Already delivered, and working ok.
Others will also be unveiled step by step.
Thanks
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by dayokanu(m): 5:13pm On Aug 12, 2010
Jarus:

Already delivered, and working ok.
Others will also be unveiled step by step.
Thanks

Dividend of moderatorship within weeks? Is this Nigeria? I cant believe.

jarus should contest for President else all Nairaland men would also go on sex-strike with their wives.
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 12, 2010
dayokanu:

Dividend of moderatorship within weeks? Is this Nigeria? I cant believe.

jarus should contest for President else all Nairaland men would also go on sex-strike with their wives.
aahhh, see how u dey take me play  grin grin grin
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 01, 2013
UPDATE: January 1, 2013

Dear Nairaland politics section contributors and guests, for reasons that are personal, I have decided to call it quit as Nairaland Politics Section Moderator effective today. I have communicated to the Administrator through appropriate channel and it's been accepted.

I want to seize this opportunity to thank everyone that made my 29 months stewardship here worthwhile. From the CEO himself, who, warts and all, is still a good guy to the COO, Mukina, a very wonderful sister to OAM4J, a great guy, to all my moderator colleagues at the hallowed chamber, to all members of this great section, to all my teeming admirers, some of whom make me feel embarrassed with the mentorship emails I get from time to time, to all guest-viewers. It's been very wonderful working with you guys, some of whom have gone beyond online platform in our relationships offline. Sometimes, I wonder if I truly deserve the goodwill.

Taking stock, when I was given this position some 29 months ago, I set out my agenda. Let's review them:

1, Good title, serious forum: To a great extent, we achieved this. We have been able to achieve seriouis titles to threads, rather than those mischievous titles we used to have in the past. Great thanks to my colleague, who joined me later, OAM4J, who has also worked assidiuosly to achieve this through quick retitling of mischievously titled thread.

2, Tribalism monster: we achhieved significant headway in this regard for the better part of 2010 to early this year. But unfortunately, the monster has since returned. Personally, from experience, I don't think this can be totally eliminated. It is a national cancer, only reflective on NL here. Frankly, no amount of bans can change such people. I only pity them.

3,Hall of fame and shame: To God be the glory, we achieved this and it is one of the many initiatives we introduced to add both fun and recognition to this section. We scored 100% here.

4, Complaints thread: we also achieve this. We opened conplaints clinic to attend to forumers complaints. We achieved 100 pages and the second thread is also thirty page plus now. That is our success. We are one of the first sections to start this.

5, Grand Debate: We started at last. This initiative has also been rated as one of the best things to happen to NL Politics section.

Altogether, I think I achieved up to 90% of what I set out to do and there is no more auspicious time to throw in the towel than now.

This section is now the most visited and I think we have you all to thank for that.

I still remain an active member of Nairaland and committed to the Nairaland project.

Thank you all.

7 Likes

Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 01, 2013
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by GARRIx7(m): 8:48pm On Jan 01, 2013
Damn!!!

WTF is going on??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ipob Call On Biafrans To Sign Petition To Un For Secession. / Most Important CIA/MI6 Agents In Nigeria In Other Of Seniority / What I Saw On Aljazeera News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.