Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,261 members, 7,815,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Updated Price Of Grains And Location. - Agriculture (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Updated Price Of Grains And Location. (234505 Views)

Updated Prices Of Grains and long grain paddy rice From, Niger State. / Updated Price Of Livestock And Location / Updated Prices Of Grains And Vegetables From Madallah Market In Niger State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Updated Price Of Grains And Location. by Maryam1234(f): 6:26pm On Dec 04, 2020
shariff84:
there is special sack(PIC) for that purpose. Beans can last up to 3years without spoiling .
Please how can I get this special sac,I won't mind if it's going to be way billed! I will call you Dan-Allah.
Re: Updated Price Of Grains And Location. by amerengues(m): 10:49pm On Dec 04, 2020
Maryam1234:
Please how do we preserve maize and beans from weevil's?

Purdue Improved Crop Storage (PICS).
Re: Updated Price Of Grains And Location. by Uyoukowise: 4:29am On Dec 05, 2020
PLS TRY TO UPDATE US WITH PRICE
SOME ONE IS SELLING LOCAL RICE 1600 TO 1700 HERE AND IS LIKE RICE HAS COME DOWN,I WANT TO ORDER NEXT WEEK
Re: Updated Price Of Grains And Location. by shariff84: 6:04am On Dec 05, 2020
Uyoukowise:
SOME ONE IS SELLING LOCAL RICE 1600 TO 1700 HERE AND IS LIKE RICE HAS COME DOWN,I WANT TO ORDER NEXT WEEK
OK,1stly the price of local rice is even going up in the north due to 3 reasons:-1-high demand of paddy rice by companies.2-high demand of local rice by suppliers due to Christmas.3-kidnapping and banditry, even farmers are not save from this menace in the north.As of yesterday,you will spend 17,800 to make one 50kg bag of local rice in my place.that's why iam not selling less than 18k5.if someone is selling 16000-17000 I don't know there source. Then prices:-maize 14k,beans 24k,suyabeans 18k,millet 16k,sorghum 16k,bambara nut 20k,paddy rice 14k,groundnut shelled 32k,unshelled 10k.
Re: Updated Price Of Grains And Location. by jades5050(m): 12:27pm On Dec 05, 2020
[url][/url]
Uyoukowise:
Yes you are right I experience such too here in ibadan the point is there is some rice farmer too in SOUTHWEST , SOUTH SOUTH and from the EAST too, but they are not much has the NORTHERN as you can see this is the season of grains and it's off peak period for wholesale sellers , you can buy and store it for the season of peak period , that's the reason I'm studying the market price , even imported Rice as been import into the country, and price has dropped all this affected me too , kudos to my supplier from Niger State @ shariff84 I understand he can guide anyone on how to preserve all this grain as well so this is time to buy at large and store that's what the business all about
Re: Updated Price Of Grains And Location. by iretinyeee(f): 2:27pm On Dec 05, 2020
Sir u mentioned a special sack use to preserve beans. Pls what is d cost of d sack? Secondly I want to know d best time to store beans cos it seems d price is going down
Re: Updated Price Of Grains And Location. by Teetee777: 3:26pm On Dec 05, 2020
jades5050:
[url][/url]
Yes you are right I experience such too here in ibadan the point is there is some rice farmer too in SOUTHWEST , SOUTH SOUTH and from the EAST too, but they are not much has the NORTHERN as you can see this is the season of grains and it's off peak period for wholesale sellers , you can buy and store it for the season of peak period , that's the reason I'm studying the market price , even imported Rice as been import into the country, and price has dropped all this affected me too , kudos to my supplier from Niger State @ shariff84 I understand he can guide anyone on how to preserve all this grain as well so this is time to buy at large and store that's what the business all about
You have a good point but the major problem is the endsar protest that happened, the custom were not on the road, boarder was forced to open and the people used the opportunity to smuggle rice into the country till today the boarder are not the same again.
So, all these affected the local rice in South West, people are not eating local rice again, they are looking for foreign rice due to the cheap price, the foreign rice are now selling at the rate of 22k to 24k/50kg depending on how you get it, infact if you go to saki in Oyo State you will buy it at the lowest price there.
My point is that if you want to hoard the local rice, try it to be minimal, because our boarder are not the same again since endsar protest.
Re: Updated Price Of Grains And Location. by jades5050(m): 5:40pm On Dec 05, 2020
Teetee777:

You have a good point but the major problem is the endsar protest that happened, the custom were not on the road, boarder was forced to open and the people used the opportunity to smuggle rice into the country till today the boarder are not the same again.
So, all these affected the local rice in South West, people are not eating local rice again, they are looking for foreign rice due to the cheap price, the foreign rice are now selling at the rate of 22k to 24k/50kg depending on how you get it, infact if you go to saki in Oyo State you will buy it at the lowest price there.
My point is that if you want to hoard the local rice, try it to be minimal, because our boarder are not the same again since endsar protest.

Madam teetee777 I'm aware of that because I do sell both imported rice and local rice , Ibadan that's where I'm residing , I have supplier of imported rice from idiroko , imeko , saki , and some side smugglers their price varies but in lower price while some big Guy's imports , imported rice through ships to Lagos to distribute it to some wearhouse , so rice has been import into the country through ships that's what make me to hold on , on local rice , even some people that says they don't like imported rice start asking for it because the price has dropped down , while talking about custom, custom officer has been double and strengthen at the border and on the road ask any smuggler they will tell you how the road is all about now , so you're on your own if you travel to border to buy imported Rice, moreover you can still order for other commodities is only rice that we have issue we for now , you can call shariff84 is the only man from the north that I can guaranteed for anyone to do business with and will not run away with your money
Re: Updated Price Of Grains And Location. by shariff84: 6:34pm On Dec 05, 2020
iretinyeee:
Sir u mentioned a special sack use to preserve beans. Pls what is d cost of d sack? Secondly I want to know d best time to store beans cos it seems d price is going down
I think the sack is 500 per one and the best time to buy beans for storage is December ending-early January.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Updated Price Of Grains And Location. by kennethfranc(m): 11:18pm On Dec 06, 2020
shariff84:
I think the sack is 500 per one and the best time to buy beans for storage is December ending-early January.
Please what about maize storage
Re: Updated Price Of Grains And Location. by confluence: 3:25am On Dec 07, 2020
@ Shariff84, prices of beans and rice crashes in Taraba state, what is the update from your side
https://dailytrust.com/price-of-paddy-and-locally-processed-rice-drops-in-taraba
Re: Updated Price Of Grains And Location. by emmaachile2(m): 4:47am On Dec 07, 2020
confluence:
@ Shariff84, prices of beans and rice crashes in Taraba state, what is the update from your side
https://dailytrust.com/price-of-paddy-and-locally-processed-rice-drops-in-taraba
I just bought 100kg honey beans at 26,000 while the white and brown was 27000 as at two days ago.
Maize was 15,000
Re: Updated Price Of Grains And Location. by amerengues(m): 4:54am On Dec 07, 2020
confluence:

That’s interesting to know! I will be glad to know the varying prices from farmers/suppliers. Going through the web, I realized paddy was relatively cheaper last time this year. God help us in this country
Re: Updated Price Of Grains And Location. by confluence: 5:21am On Dec 07, 2020
Emma, long time brother, I hope it come down well. Are You around in LKJ? Did you buy it in Lokoja
emmaachile2:

I just bought 100kg honey beans at 26,000 while the white and brown was 27000 as at two days ago.
Maize was 15,000

1 Like

Re: Updated Price Of Grains And Location. by Teetee777: 7:08am On Dec 07, 2020
confluence:
Oya now, anybody with the direction to taraba from Lagos or ibadan, let's go there
Re: Updated Price Of Grains And Location. by confluence: 8:52am On Dec 07, 2020
Let’s go there grin[right][/right] grin
Teetee777:

Oya now, anybody with the direction to taraba from Lagos or ibadan, let's go there
Re: Updated Price Of Grains And Location. by shariff84: 9:18am On Dec 07, 2020
Teetee777:

iam doubting this news ooo,I know the price of beans will reduce but I doubt maize price crash to 10k because no maize this year. But pls people from taraba should confirm this news.
Re: Updated Price Of Grains And Location. by confluence: 9:33am On Dec 07, 2020
Check the daily trust website link I provided
shariff84:
iam doubting this news ooo,I know the price of beans will reduce but I doubt maize price crash to 10k because no maize this year. But pls people from taraba should confirm this news.
Re: Updated Price Of Grains And Location. by shariff84: 10:27am On Dec 07, 2020
confluence:
Check the daily trust website link I provided
OK, stuff has reduced prices even where iam but not as taraba own.suyabeans 16k instead if 18k,maize 13k instead of 15k,sorghum 12k instead of 16k,millet 13k instead of 15k.that's update as of today.
Re: Updated Price Of Grains And Location. by Ameboperoo(m): 12:30pm On Dec 07, 2020
shariff84:
OK, stuff has reduced prices even where iam but not as taraba own.suyabeans 16k instead if 18k,maize 13k instead of 15k,sorghum 12k instead of 16k,millet 13k instead of 15k.that's update as of today.
What of beans?
Re: Updated Price Of Grains And Location. by shariff84: 12:50pm On Dec 07, 2020
Ameboperoo:

What of beans?
brown 22k,white 20k
Re: Updated Price Of Grains And Location. by Ameboperoo(m): 2:17pm On Dec 07, 2020
shariff84:
brown 22k,white 20k
Thanks
Re: Updated Price Of Grains And Location. by jades5050(m): 5:47pm On Dec 07, 2020
shariff84:
brown 22k,white 20k

Shariff84 as an economist what price do you think the price of beans can come down to as per the situation about what is happening in the north
Re: Updated Price Of Grains And Location. by Pierced(f): 6:04pm On Dec 07, 2020
shariff84:
brown 22k,white 20k

There are 2 type of brown beans...... honey beans or milk beans?

What's the price for honey beans and milk beans?
Re: Updated Price Of Grains And Location. by kennethfranc(m): 9:09pm On Dec 07, 2020
shariff84:
Pls how much will it cost to deliver 100kg of maize to Nsukka Enugu State?

1 Like

Re: Updated Price Of Grains And Location. by jades5050(m): 9:19pm On Dec 07, 2020
Pierced:

There are 2 type of brown beans...... honey beans or milk beans?

What's the price for honey beans and milk beans?
There are more than 2 (two) brown beans presently in the market here in Ibadan we have ,
1) drum beans
2) oloyin gidi ( original honey beans)
3) oloyin pelebe ( the small honey beans)
4) olo drum
5) olo beans
6) Niger drum
Anyone too can contribute to this as per other brown beans that are not list or other name for the one listed above , correction or addition to this thanks , oloyin milk are called milk beans here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Updated Price Of Grains And Location. by shariff84: 10:28pm On Dec 07, 2020
jades5050:

Shariff84 as an economist what price do you think the price of beans can come down to as per the situation about what is happening in the north
I think the cheapest beans price will fall this year is between 15-17k.

1 Like

Re: Updated Price Of Grains And Location. by shariff84: 10:31pm On Dec 07, 2020
jades5050:

There are more than 2 (two) brown beans presently in the market here in Ibadan we have ,
1) drum beans
2) oloyin gidi ( original honey beans)
3) oloyin pelebe ( the small honey beans)
4) olo drum
5) olo beans
6) Niger drum
Anyone too can contribute to this as per other brown beans that are not list or other name for the one listed above , correction or addition to this thanks , oloyin milk are called milk beans here
yes its true brown beans has more than 6 different types.

1 Like

Re: Updated Price Of Grains And Location. by emmaachile2(m): 11:15pm On Dec 07, 2020
confluence:
Emma, long time brother, I hope it come down well. Are You around in LKJ? Did you buy it in Lokoja
Its Lokoja market

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (112) (Reply)

Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* / Starting An Oil Palm Plantation / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.