Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Top Ten Relationship Problems Most Nigerians Face - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Top Ten Relationship Problems Most Nigerians Face (754 Views)

Relationship Problems / The 15 Most Common Relationship Problems And How To Fix Each One Of Them / Respect;- The Panacea To All Relationship Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Ten Relationship Problems Most Nigerians Face by Abjay97(m): 9:59am On Dec 17, 2018

Maintaining a relationship in Nigeria is actually a big deal. Though there is no perfect relationship with perfect results; there are indeed frictions and misunderstandings that must come. Handling these misunderstandings in a matured way will help the relationship grow stronger and better.

1. Finance: Many relationships hit the rocks over financial issues. Lack of money, whether it’s because of joblessness or lavish spending, is a big stress factor in relationships. The economic situation of Nigeria which has turned out for the worse in recent years has negatively affected many relationships.

.2. Lack of trust: Staying in a relationship where the partners do not trust each other is prevalent in the Nigerian society. This could be because of actions displayed by the partners. For instance, undue closeness to certain friends of the opposite sex terming them 'besties' Lack of trust is the final blow that ends relationships

3. Jealousy and insecurity: Problems like jealousy, possessiveness, anger and insecurity don’t just come when one partner is talented, beautiful, or more popular than the other; they can actually be inherent in a person and its obviously destructive.

4. Physical abuse: It’s quite common for couples to the argument here and there. But when that turns into a physical assault, the problem will worsen.
It’s important that emotions are controlled during arguments and physical abuse is never tolerated.

5. Cheating:A lot of couples break up when one of them has been unfaithful. Men and women cheat on their partner for a number of reasons, for example, when they are not satisfied in their relationship or because they are not loyal enough to their partners. Whatever the reason, never cheat in a relatonship

6. Miscommunication: When thoughts, feeling, and opinions are not communicated properly or when they are misunderstood by the other person, there will be problems.

The best way to avoid this type of problem is to be more expressive and seek or provide clarification when something seems to be misunderstood.

7. Lack of unity: When decisions are to be taken; there must be a mutual agreement. For instance, in deciding how many kids do to have.

8. Poor time management: Spend all your time in the office and never make time for your partner?

Everyone has the right to expect to spend quality time with their loved one, at least during the weekend. When that’s not fulfilled, problems must surely come.

9. Intimacy: When one person shows a lack of interest in sex, the other person starts feeling dejected.

10. Religion: A big reason for problems between couples, is one person trying to change the other; this is manifest when the two are in various religions and with the religious atmosphere in Nigeria, one member feels his/her religion should be respected more and thereafter.

https://www./2018/12/top-ten-relationship-problems-most.html?m=1
Re: Top Ten Relationship Problems Most Nigerians Face by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 17, 2018
Person wey never marry dey give advice
Re: Top Ten Relationship Problems Most Nigerians Face by LuvSwollenPussy(m): 10:04am On Dec 17, 2018
11. Terrible cultures and imbalanced societal believes and norms...a woman cannot start a conversation, only a man must provide, anybody who's not married by 30 is irresponsible, sex shd not happen on first date, a ladies needs is her boyfriends responsibility...etc

12. Over-rating marriages...marriage is by compulsion here not decision, a woman must suffer in silence even if brutalized, you must bring man home before 28, you must marry wife by force so I can see my gtandchildren. Whether you're financially bouyant or not or how you want to get d finances is nobody's business, you're just expected to do or be some things at different stages.
Re: Top Ten Relationship Problems Most Nigerians Face by Abjay97(m): 10:04am On Dec 17, 2018
Shibaraba:
Person wey never marry dey give advice
People dont read.. did you go to school?
Re: Top Ten Relationship Problems Most Nigerians Face by LuciferGospel: 10:08am On Dec 17, 2018

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Relationship Problems Most Nigerians Face by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 17, 2018
Abjay97:
People dont read.. did you go to school?

Still using school As a criteria. No wonder you're writing blogs Upandan to make it in life. If you are educated you should know that to type in pidgin means I went to school to an extent.

Sell me your blog and try your luck selling gala
Re: Top Ten Relationship Problems Most Nigerians Face by Abjay97(m): 6:54pm On Dec 17, 2018
Shibaraba:

Still using school As a criteria. No wonder you're writing blogs Upandan to make it in life. If you are educated you should know that to type in pidgin means I went to school to an extent.

Sell me your blog and try your luck selling gala
How much can you pay?

(1) (Reply)

2018 Ending: See How This Lady Stylishly Advertised For Husband On Facebook / I Masturbate With A New S*x Toy Every Day – Woman Reveals / I Want To Have 10 Kids For Ten Different Men From Different States In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.