Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,925 members, 7,821,242 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Abdulwahab Mohammad, Judge Slumps, Dies After A Tooth Removal Procedure (Photos) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Abdulwahab Mohammad, Judge Slumps, Dies After A Tooth Removal Procedure (Photos) (44413 Views)

How Much Does It Cost To Replace A Tooth In Nigeria (pix) / Mohammad Ali Dastak: Coronavirus Kills Member Of Iranian Parliament / Stretch Marks Removal Procedure Goes Wrong, Lady Cries Out (Graphic Photo, Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abdulwahab Mohammad, Judge Slumps, Dies After A Tooth Removal Procedure (Photos) by eltigreu06(m): 8:28am On Dec 18, 2018
miss you are right. but equally what makes you think i dont know his medical history? ethical to come on here and be sharing his detailed med. history? i didnt spend years in the university for such. all your questions are valid but if you are a medic, you should know better.
MissRaine69:

Ffs
Why was he having his tooth pulled out? For beautification purposes?
Why was he in and out of hospital prior to the detail procedure?
Did you know his full medical history? Knowing someone does not make you an expert in that person’s physical health
Re: Abdulwahab Mohammad, Judge Slumps, Dies After A Tooth Removal Procedure (Photos) by Unibenfucker(m): 10:38am On Dec 18, 2018
Reading this I'm so scared now . Wanna go pull off my fourth teeth. My third teeth was pulled off by one dentistry student in University of Benin @ his private residence.
Re: Abdulwahab Mohammad, Judge Slumps, Dies After A Tooth Removal Procedure (Photos) by kitone: 3:51pm On Dec 18, 2018
It's obvious you are not a Dentist or even Medical doctor, so you don't just jump to conclusion. Dental abscess will not kill him.unless its cellulitis ie Ludwig s angina.and if its that then he presented to the clinic late.and perhaps he was said to have slumped and die .he could have some other co morbidity. So for you.to say we are backwards then you are ignorant. With no apologies

PBundles:
This is not as crazy as it sounds, the only thing is that our health standards are so BACKWARDS. It may have been a tooth abscess which if not treated with the right antibiotics is actually quite fatal. Its such a shame how Nigerians die from basic things.
Re: Abdulwahab Mohammad, Judge Slumps, Dies After A Tooth Removal Procedure (Photos) by PBundles(m): 10:17pm On Dec 18, 2018
PBundles:
This is not as crazy as it sounds, the only thing is that our health standards are so BACKWARDS. It may have been a tooth abscess which if not treated with the right antibiotics is actually quite fatal. Its such a shame how Nigerians die from basic things.

kitone:
It's obvious you are not a Dentist or even Medical doctor, so you don't just jump to conclusion. Dental abscess will not kill him.unless its cellulitis ie Ludwig s angina.and if its that then he presented to the clinic late.and perhaps he was said to have slumped and die .he could have some other co morbidity. So for you.to say we are backwards then you are ignorant. With no apologies

Typical Nigerian reply. Impossible to have a decent conversation without slander or abuse, we wonder why we are seen as uncivilised and replies without substance just in the essence to make noise. Ok let me harbour you. Im an MD (not doc) of a bank.

First of all my first path was medical many moons ago. I was always interested in the sciences and wanted to be a doctor. I was even given a (paid) research training spot in a North Holland Hospital to further in Clinical neurophysiology but quit not because of the rigors but when I had to tell a man of roughly 30 he was dying when I saw him come in for the examination with his wife and small daughter. I couldn’t do it, it got to me more than I thought and that day believe it or not I quit, so you are woefully wrong. My wife is in the medical field for over 20 years and my daughter took a sabbatical from med school and will be resuming this August. You have time, look up my past posts, you will see I mention it. My wife calls people like you Doctor Google. With the advent of Google we all are doctors nowadays. Would get into Ludwig Angina but that's for another time.

Secondly based on your response, you certainly are clueless. Anyone in the medical field worth their medal will tell you that bacterial infection is the MAJOR CASUE OF HUMAN DEATH since time immemorial. The majority of abscesses are caused by………….you guessed it Sherlock BACTERIAL INFECTION. So whether its dental, facial etc etc thats not the issue, you are dealing with an infection and they are deadly.

Thirdly and most importantly, I witnessed this first hand when some years ago, a junior staff fainted after complaining for days from a molar extraction. Here in the West its common to remove the last 4 molars or Wisdom teeth, they claim it makes it easier to clean the teeth. This chap did so and days later actually fainted at work. While everyone was going helter skelter I called my wife explaining the situation and she said right off, INFECTION. Turns out the guy had an abscess in his upper jaw that had gone thru the soft bone tissue and was near his temporal bone. The doctor said had he waited a day later it may have gotten into his brain area, then its touch and go. The thing is that an abscess can become so infected that it either cant be stopped or actually will submerge and cause damage. So you are very wrong. This chap had to get antibiotics actually infused directly.

https://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2016/jan/26/john-cortes/ignoring-toothache-really-could-potentially-kill-y/
http://www.atlantadentist.com/tooth_abscess_complication.html
https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=abscess+death+statistics&fr=yfp-t-s&fp=1&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8

thank me later.

Something tells me English wasn’t your forte. I didn’t say Nigerians were backwards but the medical and I stand by it. Also I state it MAY have been as I wasnt certain and I stand by the fact that our medical system is backwards. Our general medical I wouldn’t give to my worst enemy, but since you love it I pray that when you are sick or your loved ones you should fall back on the excellent expertise of our medical system. Something tells me you may one day you may think back about this rant with regret, oh well Karma can be a b…………

Funny this just popped up on the front page:
https://www.nairaland.com/4911910/man-dies-after-being-abandoned
Nigerians with our false pride SMH

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Slumps, Dies In Malaysia (Graphic Photos) / Help! Movement Of Objects All Over My Body / 313 New COVID-19 Cases, 89 Discharged And 5 deaths On May 24 - (1225 Tested)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.