Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,788 members, 7,851,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:06 AM

Let's Have Your Complaints Here - Politics (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Have Your Complaints Here (115491 Views)

We Get Many Complaints Against Obasanjo Foundation –UK Commission / Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here / How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Jarus(m): 2:12pm On Apr 19, 2011
Bawss1:

This thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-650061.0.html should not be allowed on Nairaland.

I think it amounts to e-bullying. People who have issues with forum members should take their fight elsewhere and not waste NL server resources on such things.
Thanks but discussing Nairaland personalities is not exactly a crime, but it should be done at the right section.
That was why I moved the thread from Politics to Nairaland section.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Banned4GEJ: 3:21pm On Apr 19, 2011
To :Jarus and Aisha2.
MUAMI was banned since yesterday and have sent several messages to be unbanned to no avail. I thought we were having politics without bitterness here?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Jarus(m): 4:54pm On Apr 19, 2011
^^^^
Neither of us can ban. I'm not sure whether it's spambot or banning authorities that ban you. I will take it up and see what went wrong.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by muami(m): 6:44pm On Apr 19, 2011
Jarus:

^^^^
Neither of us can ban. I'm not sure whether it's spambot or banning authorities that ban you. I will take it up and see what went wrong.
Thanks Jarus.Im back!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by gokuu(m): 6:57pm On Apr 19, 2011
Jarus, pls 'recoome' was banned 4 posting unconfirmed rumour. Pls he promises to be decorous! Pls unban recoome.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by gokuu(m): 6:57pm On Apr 19, 2011
Jarus, pls 'recoome' was banned 4 posting unconfirmed rumour. Pls he promises to be decorous! Pls unban recoome.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Banned4GEJ: 10:48pm On Apr 19, 2011
m
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Genius100: 12:52am On Apr 20, 2011
Jarus, there is a tribalism thread. Why are you not moving all the threads that are centered around tribes to the tribalism forum? This is really getting nauseating. If you moderators can't do your job, please quit.

I bet you guys I can transform this forum in 1 week if I become a moderator. Any thread that starts with Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa should simply be moved to the tribalism forum. How hard is that? This is 2011, and idiots are still disparaging entire ethnic groups while you moderators watch,
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Jarus(m): 9:38am On Apr 20, 2011
Banned4GEJ:

@Jarus

MUAMi has been banned again for posting a state by state analysis of voters turnout.Please unban MUAMI
gokuu:

Taken up.

Genius100:

I bet you guys I can transform this forum in 1 week if I become a moderator. Any thread that starts with Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa should simply be moved to the tribalism forum. How hard is that? This is 2011, and idiots are still disparaging entire ethnic groups while you moderators watch,
I also said teh same thing before getting there.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by nedu666: 10:22am On Apr 20, 2011
1.jarus pls explain why there is a section for ethnic and tribal warfare when all u need to do is delete the topic.
2.pls explain why you allow people to repeat post continually i.e. same topic in 7 to 10 posts
3. pls explain why there are more tribal and ethnic posts than other topics.

let me give u a piece of my mind, this site gives us a bad image, a foreigner that stumbles into this site and sees the level of insults traded, genocide wishes, people gloating over tragedies of other nigerians will conclude that we are a nation of nitwits. i personally hardly visit because every single topic even in sex, food, movies ends up with tribal insults along the line.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Jarus(m): 10:51am On Apr 20, 2011
1.jarus pls explain why there is a section for ethnic and tribal warfare when all u need to do is delete the topic.
I'm not the forum owner. The forum owner considers it necessary. And I reason with him. Tribalism and sectionalism is not about insults and name calling alone, you know.

2.pls explain why you allow people to repeat post continually i.e. same topic in 7 to 10 posts
It's a serious issue we are battling. We try to lock, and sometimes delete, multiple threads. But sometimes, same issue can be looked at from different perspectives, maybe thru different newspaper accounts or poster intention to use the story for own argument/point, different from what other posters used it for.

3. pls explain why there are more tribal and ethnic posts than other topics.
I don't have an answer to this. That's the general mindset of many Nigerians. And I can't stop a person from opening tribal threads. I can only act on it when it contravenes forum rules. Sectional threads ordinary dont contravene forum rules.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by OAM4J: 2:27pm On Apr 20, 2011
Jarus:

I also said teh same thing before getting there.

lol grin

Dont tell me it is an hopeless situation. grin
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Genius100: 6:37pm On Apr 20, 2011
Jarus:

I'm not the forum owner. The forum owner considers it necessary. And I reason with him. Tribalism and sectionalism is not about insults and name calling alone, you know.
It's a serious issue we are battling. We try to lock, and sometimes delete, multiple threads. But sometimes, same issue can be looked at from different perspectives, maybe thru different newspaper accounts or poster intention to use the story for own argument/point, different from what other posters used it for.
I don't have an answer to this. That's the general mindset of many Nigerians. And I can't stop a person from opening tribal threads. I can only act on it when it contravenes forum rules. Sectional threads ordinary dont contravene forum rules.

While you are busy pontificating over borderline threads that inevitable lead to ethnic fights, the forum is going to the dogs. Make your job easier and simply move any thread to ascribe  traits to an entire ethnic group to the tribalism forum. People that wish to engage in that kind of discussion can go there and have a field day without spoiling the user experience for those of us that want to discuss politics. How hard is that?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by SAKUR: 3:31am On Apr 21, 2011
What is wrong with Nairaland today?I have been having problem getting into the site.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by OAM4J: 6:45am On Apr 21, 2011
SAKUR:

What is wrong with Nairaland today?I have been having problem getting into the site.

I experienced it too. I guess the owner was carrying out some maintenances/upgrade or something like that.

And dont tell me you were expecting to be notified beforehand, NL is a mini Nigeria, am sure NEPA doesn't give you any notice/warning before dem take your light.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Jenifa1: 7:44am On Apr 21, 2011
Jarus,
could you try to find out what's going on in the fashion section. It's run down with advertisements it's hard to participate in any conversation. when I checked the moderator's profile, she hasn't been on NL since last year!!
can you appeal to seun or mukina to get someone to moderate the fashion section plz
thank you!! cheesy tongue grin
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Blazay(m): 9:25am On Apr 21, 2011
[size=30pt]504 Gateway Time-out[/size]

See "evoh" spirit!

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

E be like say Nairaland need donations too o! cheesy
Thank God for full-time employment.
If una need donations to prevent crashes . . .please lemme know. kiss

I have been trying to download and upload my 'frontal' view for the weekend to my 'customers'. . .but no luck.

Please, some of us are gainfully employed and this is my 11th night in a row of working. I have 6 more to go. . .
Could you fix this 'sluggish' sointin so we don't fall asleep at work?

This is my month to make money for Uncle Sam. . .we are talking 5 paychecks in one month. cool
You are sabotaging my efforts to keep awake so my PRECIOUS semi-conscious, doped-up, ballistic, fetal patients weighing less than than 1kg being monitored continuously, do not quench on my professional licence. Nairaland. . .I am counting on you please. I have absolutely NO intentions of relocating to Nigeria in this my lifetime. . . deported, extradicted, de-naturalized or excommunicated.

Taink you!

Pleaaaaase. . .ANYTHING not to log on to that dryyyyyyyyyyyyy NVS full of bush okoro and local Yoruba peeps pleaaaaaase! cheesy
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Ystranger: 2:37pm On Apr 21, 2011
^^^

ICU nurse

Good for you Blazay!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by jason123: 3:16pm On Apr 21, 2011
I could not get access to this site yesterday, whats up with that?? Even today, its been poor.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Beaf: 3:18pm On Apr 21, 2011
Jarus:

Jarus:

I do not think there is a single person that is remotely satisfied with the highly upsetting degree of racism on display on NL. The site is very poor in that respect, I shudder to think how any foreigners happening on NL would view us.
This is amplified by the fact NL is almost always at the top of any google search for Nigerian matters; so for foreigners who might be researchers, students, the curious, news agencies etc, NL is the first port of call. . . And what a sickening impression!

I have few doubts that it affects the welfare of Nigerians abroad, because of foreigner perceptions from NL of what the Nigerian mind is like. Even worse is the impression potential investors will get from a cursory glance at NL; first impressions matter.

The soiling of the Nigerian image must be an issue to the site admins, but the rampant racism will also hit them in the pocket. This is because most people are turned off by the bigotry and simply leave the site or refuse to participate.

The worst offenders in current times are, Eko Ile, ekt_bear, bk.babe and Zno.
These people need to be banned outright if NL is serious about curbing the menace. However, the incongruence between NL's declared intentions and observable reality can be summed up by viewing the profile statistics of one of NL's worst bigots, Eko Ile. They show that he has only 4% of his posts in the "Racism, Tribalism, Sectarianism" section. How come? At least 50% of Eko Ile's posts have a racist undertones, so his statistics provide shocking proof that certain people seem to be getting away scott-free with blue murder.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by AljUche: 5:09pm On Apr 21, 2011
Beaf:

The soiling of the Nigerian image must be an issue to the site admins, but the rampant racism will also hit them in the pocket. This is because most people are turned off by the bigotry and simply leave the site or refuse to participate.

The worst offenders in current times are, Eko Ile, ekt_bear, bk.babe and Zno.
These people need to be banned outright if NL is serious about curbing the menace. However, the incongruence between NL's declared intentions and observable reality can be summed up by viewing the profile statistics of one of NL's worst bigots, Eko Ile. They show that he has only 4% of his posts in the "Racism, Tribalism, Sectarianism" section. How come? At least 50% of Eko Ile's posts have a racist undertones, so his statistics provide shocking proof that certain people seem to be getting away scott-free with blue murder.

ekt_bear is not a tribalist u hater

show me a post he has shown to be a tribalist undecided

u are even worse than him
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by ektbear: 11:05pm On Apr 21, 2011
lmao @ Beaf
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Mobinga: 11:39am On Apr 22, 2011
Jarus:

Thanks but discussing Nairaland personalities is not exactly a crime, but it should be done at the right section.
That was why I moved the thread from Politics to Nairaland section.
Thanks for this intelligent reply.
Apparently Bawss1 and Mukina are not in that train of thought.

The thread is now locked and I was banned, for no reasonable reason.
What was there was " a silly attack on a nairalander". What I can't comprehend is how that was an attack, yet alone silly? I was stating my view of my fellow member, and I got banned. How was that an attack?
Apparently there are conflicting rules and regulations.

Secondly, Since we get banned for attacks, I recommend that anyone who opens a thread solely to mock the first lady's english or to insult the president by using silly words like "reetard, odechukwu, mooron" should also be banned. Let alone opening threads to "Predict GEJ's next gaffe".
That is all. And yes there are subliminal messages above.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by DisGuy: 2:18pm On Apr 22, 2011
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-651502.32.html

someone on this thread thinks its a good idea to post dead peoples pictures even though has absolutely nothing to do with the current violence
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by EzeUche3(m): 3:27pm On Apr 22, 2011
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-652312.0.html

Can someone clean this religious thread. It is Good Friday and I do not want to see it defiled. undecided
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Ystranger: 4:12pm On Apr 22, 2011
Mods, what are you doing? NL politics section seems to have gone to the dogs.

This thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-652390.0.htmll should not be allowed on Nairaland.

Ezeuche, Beaf, Seanet, Alj Uche and Jason are trying to e-bully me. I am not taking this lightly, and neither should you. I think something needs to be done ASAP. I am really terrified for my life The type of Hate that is being spewed on that thread is unprecedented, even by Fstranger's Standard.

Please do something about it. Delete the thread and ban all posters on that thread. Please, i am counting on you guys. Dont fall my hand oooo
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by seanet02: 4:18pm On Apr 22, 2011
Ystranger:

This thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-652390.0.htmll should not be allowed on Nairaland.

Ezeuche, Beaf, Seanet, Alj Uche and Jason are trying to e-bully me. I am not taking this lightly, and neither should you. I think something needs to be done ASAP. I am really terrified for my life The type of Hate that is being spewed on that thread is unprecedented, even by Fstranger's Standard.

Please do something about it. Delete the thread and ban all posters on that thread. Please, i am counting on you guys. Dont fall my hand oooo
Te ba Pe ke to delete oruko mi kuro nibeyen,
ZOdabi pe e ti yo abi?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by alex14(m): 4:21pm On Apr 22, 2011
@ mod, why was[b] alex101[/b] banned?

Can you lift ban please? Others have been posting things that are more derogatory and still don't get banned. Or is there some kind of "tribal profiling" on

nairaland? Well, if such exist(s), I won't be suprise since nairaland mirrows the so called "one nigeria" cool
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by AljUche: 5:01pm On Apr 22, 2011
thanks mod cool
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Katsumoto: 6:33pm On Apr 22, 2011
Ystranger:

This thread:

seanet02:

Te ba Pe ke to delete oruko mi kuro nibeyen,
ZOdabi pe e ti yo abi?

LWMKD

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by DisGuy: 8:14pm On Apr 22, 2011
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-652504.0.html

another daft person posting dead pics
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by semid1(m): 12:49pm On Apr 23, 2011
Jarus,

Biko, helep me message Oga or Amazon make dem untag my post in the thread below from the spambot and unban me

Nigerian Academia In Diaspora

Thanks wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (101)

Nate Sam (MC Focus): Kaduna Winners Chapel Suicide Bomber's Facebook Name / Inside Sanusi Lamido's New House In Awe, Nasarawa / Donald Trump To Chase Nigerians Out Of US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.