Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Food Prices Dropping Fast As Buhari's Agric Efforts Yield Fruit. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Food Prices Dropping Fast As Buhari's Agric Efforts Yield Fruit. (22507 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan's Agric Minister Vs Buhari’s Agric Minister / Amaechi Caught Sleeping In Calabar As Buhari Was Commissioning Projects (Pics / Kola Abiola Hugs Tinubu In Aso Rock As Buhari Confers GCFR On His Father. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Food Prices Dropping Fast As Buhari's Agric Efforts Yield Fruit. by yemi15(m): 10:46pm On Dec 17, 2018
Rossikki:

Not all food item prices will drop at the same time everywhere. Think, dude.

When the price of rice drops, call me then.

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Dropping Fast As Buhari's Agric Efforts Yield Fruit. by rexwalters: 10:46pm On Dec 17, 2018
almarthins:

That's for ur side. Rice for here na 16500 /17000. We even bought it at 13000 three months ago. If u ask me, no be govt be the matter na our own people they hike the price so that they can make more gain.Christmas for Nigeria na opportunity to hike prices
Don't mind these Hypocrite Nigerians,your own brother will cheat you but the easiest cliche is to blame the President.

Lazy Dawgs these opaque minded people on Nairaland will be surprised that the white man will be surprised that the black man cannot feed himself in Nigeria,he would be wondering what other work is there to do in Africa but farming,he will not be aware that they do not want to work,they want to import everything and expect the Government to subsidize it for them.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Food Prices Dropping Fast As Buhari's Agric Efforts Yield Fruit. by rexwalters: 10:48pm On Dec 17, 2018
yemi15:

When the price of rice drops, call me then.
Lazy man the least you can do if you want cheap rice is to move to Kebbi State.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Food Prices Dropping Fast As Buhari's Agric Efforts Yield Fruit. by mechanics(m): 10:48pm On Dec 17, 2018
PDP won't see this, I went to the market to buy brown beans, I do buy it between N700-N750, but to my surprise, I bought it last week at N500, that means the prices of food stuff are really crashing down.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Food Prices Dropping Fast As Buhari's Agric Efforts Yield Fruit. by Elvixbeatz(m): 10:51pm On Dec 17, 2018
Thanks man I jst visualize a fat fool speaking. A senseless 1 at dat
imam07:
I dont know wht to call u. U are baboon. Despite prices of food items are going up everyday u are talkinp patra here. In fact u are a millipede
Re: Food Prices Dropping Fast As Buhari's Agric Efforts Yield Fruit. by lastempero: 10:53pm On Dec 17, 2018
He is the one that increased it and he should be in better position to reduce the price and is still well above its normal price.

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Dropping Fast As Buhari's Agric Efforts Yield Fruit. by Rossikki: 10:56pm On Dec 17, 2018
lastempero:
He is the one that increased it.

Not true.
Re: Food Prices Dropping Fast As Buhari's Agric Efforts Yield Fruit. by ogunsj: 10:56pm On Dec 17, 2018
Brunosamel:
APC and there stupid strategy
na APC get vanguard newspaper? whether you cry or not APC will still win come 2019.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Food Prices Dropping Fast As Buhari's Agric Efforts Yield Fruit. by ofwest47(m): 11:01pm On Dec 17, 2018
Bad news for wailers and haters who still prefer agric products to be smuggled in through Benin Republic and border areas of the country.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Food Prices Dropping Fast As Buhari's Agric Efforts Yield Fruit. by rexwalters: 11:03pm On Dec 17, 2018
ogunsj:
na APC get vanguard newspaper? whether you cry or not APC will still win come 2019.

Only mllienials born after 1999 or IPob ideological thinkers will think otherwise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Food Prices Dropping Fast As Buhari's Agric Efforts Yield Fruit. by deomelllo: 11:10pm On Dec 17, 2018
mechanics:
PDP won't see this, I went to the market to buy brown beans, I do buy it between N700-N750, but to my surprise, I bought it last week at N500, that means the prices of food stuff are really crashing down.

Bountiful harvest continues to trigger food price drops across Lagos.

Nairametrics’ research on Household Food Items, conducted from major markets in Lagos State, reveals a decrease in prices for the week ended July 28, 2018.

Our composite household basket was ₦324,180 compared to ₦328,480 for the period ended July 14, 2018. This is the lowest basket price we have recorded in fourteen weeks (since the week ended April 14, 2018). Data from the survey reveals a general price decrease of about 1.3% from the last period.

https://nairametrics.com/prices-of-beans-drop-in-latest-household-food-price-survey/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Food Prices Dropping Fast As Buhari's Agric Efforts Yield Fruit. by Calers: 11:11pm On Dec 17, 2018
Sai baba maigaskiya

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Food Prices Dropping Fast As Buhari's Agric Efforts Yield Fruit. by impactx(m): 11:25pm On Dec 17, 2018
Farmers are suffering. The fall in price of foodstuffs does not correspond with fall in other things. Every other thing is still high and farmers are selling with low prices. How will they survive

2 Likes

Re: Food Prices Dropping Fast As Buhari's Agric Efforts Yield Fruit. by Rossikki: 11:37pm On Dec 17, 2018
impactx:
Farmers are suffering. The fall in price of foodstuffs does not correspond with fall in other things. Every other thing is still high and farmers are selling with low prices. How will they survive
Fertilzer prices have fallen, and they are getting more buyers due to lower prices. They won't all turn millionaires overnight, but their lives will improve.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Food Prices Dropping Fast As Buhari's Agric Efforts Yield Fruit. by berbs: 11:52pm On Dec 17, 2018
Lolzzzz....... Na for una backyard e take drop, Abi?

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Dropping Fast As Buhari's Agric Efforts Yield Fruit. by sirchi090(m): 11:54pm On Dec 17, 2018
Stop deceiving the people

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Dropping Fast As Buhari's Agric Efforts Yield Fruit. by Adefroshz: 12:03am On Dec 18, 2018
Rossikki:
FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME IN MODERN NIGERIAN HISTORY, FOOD PROCES ARE COMING DOWN.

BUHARI-NOMICS APPEARS TO BE SUCCEEDING.

Government Agric Efforts Crash Prices of Food Items in Lagos

ON DECEMBER 17, 20185

Various government efforts at revamping agriculture may have started yielding results as prices of tomatoes and pepper have reduced in major markets in Lagos. God’s market… A survey by NAN on Monday at Mile 12, Oyingbo and Iddo markets showed that a 40kg basket of tomatoes goes for N5,000, from its previous price of N10, 000 in November and N29, 000 in July.

A 50 kg basket of ‘tatashe’ (pepper) decreased from N14, 000 to N8, 000, while a basket of chilli pepper (rodo) also dropped from N13, 000 to N8, 000.

Mr Femi Odusanya, spokesperson of Mile 12 Market Perishable Foods Traders Association, said that government’s efforts in agriculture might have started yielding positive results on the prices of food.

“About two to three years ago, fertilizer, a major farming input, was sold at about N10,000 to N12, 000, but now fertilizer goes for about N6500 in the market.

“Some state governments in the North are giving tractors to farmers free of charge to plough their land and also access to improved seedlings. “Definitely, all these have impacted, one way or the other, in reducing cost of production for most farmers and the result is now evident for all to benefit from,” he said. Odusanya said that prices of the commodities might even reduce further before Christmas, due to the increasing supply from about 80 trucks to 120 trucks daily to the market. Our cost of transaction, fees, attractive — SEC boss He urged government to sustain efforts and also invest more in mechanized farming to boost food production and sufficiency in the country.

However, price of a jute bag of onions increased from N28,000 to N35,000 while one kilogramme of frozen chicken and turkey goes for N1,000 and N1,100, respectively. Live chicken is sold for between N3,500 and N6, 000, depending on their sizes. Also, a 50kg bag of rice ranges between N16, 500 and N22, 000, depending on the brand, a 25 litres of palm oil goes for N11, 500, while a measurement of “garri’’ cost N380. Some of the traders also attributed the drop in the prices of food to the massive supply of food items occasioned by harvest season. (NAN)

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/12/government-agric-efforts-crash-prices-of-food-items-in-lagos/
Rice nah 22k for market... no dey tell us say rice dey within 16-22k...

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Dropping Fast As Buhari's Agric Efforts Yield Fruit. by DavIkenna(m): 12:32am On Dec 18, 2018
Rossikki:

You must be laughing with joy, as your belly is now full, thanks to Buhari.

Hahahaha thanks to u
Make dem carry una brain dey drink garri
Using Nigerians like toilet paper since inception

2 Likes

Re: Food Prices Dropping Fast As Buhari's Agric Efforts Yield Fruit. by DavIkenna(m): 12:33am On Dec 18, 2018
yrex01:
They r coming to call it scam, lie, rubbish some will even says it Photoshop !! Lol. Only bad news is d realest to em, good one give em headache !! Nd by d special grace of God they will continue to have headaches.

God bless Nigeria
God bless Nigerians too (good wishers)
God bless Mr president !!

Yeah, February is election. If this was a year ago, would be acceptable.
So they knew all this things nd dey intentionally made nigerians to suffer for political reasons.

It's all good, God dey.

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Dropping Fast As Buhari's Agric Efforts Yield Fruit. by jaxxy(m): 1:41am On Dec 18, 2018
QuotaSystem:

Brilliant - it was only a matter of time because the North recorded a bumper harvest this year thanks to Buharinomics, hence the increase in supply which led to the price crash.

Meanwhile what has Atiku said about agriculture? Is it only selling our refineries to fellow crooks that's his only headache?

Sai Baba till 2023, then PYO till 2031 then Duke takes over cool

U know the thing about hypocrisy?? It’s stinks.

U guys think Nigerians are fools don’t you? For almost 3years food prices have been at an all time High, hunger everywhere, then 2months to elections ur making unfounded and unnecessary noise that food prices are dropping. Are u guys ok?

If these claims and if At all true came up last year I wud have applauded Apc/buhari bt 2 months to elections?? Hell no!!!!

And what gives u the ridiculous impression duke is a better man??

5 Likes

Re: Food Prices Dropping Fast As Buhari's Agric Efforts Yield Fruit. by Lilach55: 2:11am On Dec 18, 2018
Tomatoes have always been cheap this season. Rice and onion prices have always been high this season. So whats the difference BTW now and den. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Food Prices Dropping Fast As Buhari's Agric Efforts Yield Fruit. by pawesome(m): 3:49am On Dec 18, 2018
Which modern history... Who is the ediot that wrote all those things... Carry a bag of rice back to the 8k then start reducing from thia...that is what is called reduction and not inflating it and managing to get it back to its normal price that is called reduction

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Dropping Fast As Buhari's Agric Efforts Yield Fruit. by murphybo(m): 4:27am On Dec 18, 2018
Ayo4251:
Pls does that Femi odesanya knows a bag of of rice is now 19,000?
What does it cost you to read and comprehend, was it not mentioned in the article...don't always rush to comment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Food Prices Dropping Fast As Buhari's Agric Efforts Yield Fruit. by QuotaSystem: 4:42am On Dec 18, 2018
jaxxy:

U know the thing about hypocrisy?? It’s stinks.

U guys think Nigerians are fools don’t you? For almost 3years food prices have been at an all time High, hunger everywhere, then 2months to elections ur making unfounded and unnecessary noise that food prices are dropping. Are u guys ok?

If these claims and if At all true came up last year I wud have applauded Apc/buhari bt 2 months to elections?? Hell no!!!!

And what gives u the ridiculous impression duke is a better man??

Pipe down and use your medulla.

Buhari doesn't fix food prices, market forces do (demand and supply).

He focused on agriculture since he took over, how then can you blame him if we start reaping the fruits regardless of when they sprout? Besides why so bitter over good news that will benefit you and your family? Partisanship? Shame.

You're entitled to your vote like every other Nigerian. Bottom line is the minority will have their say, while the majority must have their way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Food Prices Dropping Fast As Buhari's Agric Efforts Yield Fruit. by jaxxy(m): 4:47am On Dec 18, 2018
QuotaSystem:

Pipe down and use your medulla.

Buhari doesn't fix food prices, market forces do (demand and supply).

He focused on agriculture since he took over, how then can you blame him if we start reaping the fruits regardless of when they sprout? Besides why so bitter over good news that will benefit you and your family? Partisanship? Shame.

You're entitled to your vote like every other Nigerian. Bottom line is the minority will have their say, while the majority must have their way.

From my explanation u shud know I’m not partisan bt fed up with nonsense. I equally voted in this useless govt who has no regard for lives, the masses or anybody just themselves.

I attacked goodluck and I’m attacking buhari so how is that partisan??

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Dropping Fast As Buhari's Agric Efforts Yield Fruit. by QuotaSystem: 4:50am On Dec 18, 2018
jaxxy:

From my explanation u shud know I’m not partisan bt fed up with nonsense. I equally voted in this useless govt who has no regard for lives, the masses or anybody just themselves.

I attacked goodluck and I’m attacking buhari so how is that partisan??

I'm glad you get the point.

Market forces not Buhari.

Minority say, Majority way.

Sai baba!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Food Prices Dropping Fast As Buhari's Agric Efforts Yield Fruit. by sapiosexist(m): 4:52am On Dec 18, 2018
Rossikki:
FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME IN MODERN NIGERIAN HISTORY, FOOD PROCES ARE COMING DOWN.

BUHARI-NOMICS APPEARS TO BE SUCCEEDING.

Government Agric Efforts Crash Prices of Food Items in Lagos

ON DECEMBER 17, 20185

Various government efforts at revamping agriculture may have started yielding results as prices of tomatoes and pepper have reduced in major markets in Lagos. God’s market… A survey by NAN on Monday at Mile 12, Oyingbo and Iddo markets showed that a 40kg basket of tomatoes goes for N5,000, from its previous price of N10, 000 in November and N29, 000 in July.

A 50 kg basket of ‘tatashe’ (pepper) decreased from N14, 000 to N8, 000, while a basket of chilli pepper (rodo) also dropped from N13, 000 to N8, 000.

Mr Femi Odusanya, spokesperson of Mile 12 Market Perishable Foods Traders Association, said that government’s efforts in agriculture might have started yielding positive results on the prices of food.

“About two to three years ago, fertilizer, a major farming input, was sold at about N10,000 to N12, 000, but now fertilizer goes for about N6500 in the market.

“Some state governments in the North are giving tractors to farmers free of charge to plough their land and also access to improved seedlings. “Definitely, all these have impacted, one way or the other, in reducing cost of production for most farmers and the result is now evident for all to benefit from,” he said. Odusanya said that prices of the commodities might even reduce further before Christmas, due to the increasing supply from about 80 trucks to 120 trucks daily to the market. Our cost of transaction, fees, attractive — SEC boss He urged government to sustain efforts and also invest more in mechanized farming to boost food production and sufficiency in the country.

However, price of a jute bag of onions increased from N28,000 to N35,000 while one kilogramme of frozen chicken and turkey goes for N1,000 and N1,100, respectively. Live chicken is sold for between N3,500 and N6, 000, depending on their sizes. Also, a 50kg bag of rice ranges between N16, 500 and N22, 000, depending on the brand, a 25 litres of palm oil goes for N11, 500, while a measurement of “garri’’ cost N380. Some of the traders also attributed the drop in the prices of food to the massive supply of food items occasioned by harvest season. (NAN)

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/12/government-agric-efforts-crash-prices-of-food-items-in-lagos/
I smell propaganda
Re: Food Prices Dropping Fast As Buhari's Agric Efforts Yield Fruit. by jaxxy(m): 4:54am On Dec 18, 2018
QuotaSystem:

I'm glad you get the point.

Market forces not Buhari.

Minority say, Majority way.

Sai baba!

I guess we will see who the majority is soon enough in a free and fair election.
Re: Food Prices Dropping Fast As Buhari's Agric Efforts Yield Fruit. by QuotaSystem: 4:57am On Dec 18, 2018
jaxxy:

I guess we will see who the majority is soon enough in a free and fair election.

Gbam cool

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Dropping Fast As Buhari's Agric Efforts Yield Fruit. by Nobody: 5:05am On Dec 18, 2018
lies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Orders Police To Explain Why Dino melaye Is Still Being Detained / Buhari Decorates Hassan Abubakar, The Newly Promoted PAF Commander (photos) / Looters’ Trial: FG To Put EFCC, ICPC, Others Under Surveillance —sagay.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.