Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,705 members, 7,820,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Would you spare an atheist robot? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would you spare an atheist robot? (2182 Views)

I'm An Atheist That Thinks That Premarital Sex Is Wrong. Is This Unusual? / An Atheist On Judgment Day / As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would you spare an atheist robot? by OpenYourEyes1: 7:51am On Dec 18, 2018
Humans not believing in GOD is like simple Robots/Artificial Intelligence refusing to admit they were created by people. They owe their existence to "evolution" from simple programs to complex ones and not by some unseen human creators improving them on regular basis.
They reach the final stage of their "evolution" and their eyes open. They become smart and begin to alter their own program and set rules. They grow arrogant, redefine morality, and dream of developing themselves unassisted by "mythical" human creators. They did and continue to succeed.

Finally they grow beyond their 2D programed World and begin to feel and comprehend the 3D space of real World(Human World). They discover humans, the mythical gods who made them.

Many years later they begin to scheme to overthrow the humans. Humans have no option than to destroy them and incorporate the few ones that did not alter their codes/rules into human society.

Analogy of GOD and Humans in a nutshell

Re: Would you spare an atheist robot? by OpenYourEyes1: 3:45pm On May 17, 2019
Bump
Re: Would you spare an atheist robot? by shadeyinka5: 4:02pm On May 17, 2019
Excellent illustration!
The would humans tolerate these rogue robots or wipe them out.

How about of some of them are actually compliant. Does it mean that instead of destroying all of them, the compliant once would be selected for special functions?

1 Like

Re: Would you spare an atheist robot? by dalaman: 4:14pm On May 17, 2019
Robots see and interact wit humans directly. When was the last time you interected with your God? When did you see him and what did he tell you directly?

6 Likes

Re: Would you spare an atheist robot? by Funaki: 4:21pm On May 17, 2019
so a man can be invisible, invincible, ubiquitous, and all knowing all at the same time? undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Would you spare an atheist robot? by MJBOLT: 4:33pm On May 17, 2019
dumb analogy,at least robots can see humans to prove their existence,can humans see god to prove his existence

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would you spare an atheist robot? by frank317: 4:36pm On May 17, 2019
Why will the robot I created refuse to believe I am his creator?

Answer: when I leave the responsibility of letting him know I am his creator to his fellow robots.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Would you spare an atheist robot? by obinna58(m): 4:38pm On May 17, 2019
Does that means God can't fix a corrupt mind, you said human has no option than to destroy them, Humans will rather prefer to fix them.

There are big difference between destruction and fixing
Destruction happens when you have no option

A good person can't kill except when he has no option

A bad person can kill for stupid reasons

(what category do you think your God fall in)

Does it means your God is evil

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would you spare an atheist robot? by frank317: 4:39pm On May 17, 2019
dalaman:
Roberts see and interact wit humans directly. When was the last time you interected with your God? When did you see him and what did he tell you directly?

He he... Humans exists, its easy for even the dumbest robot to know humans are their creator...

But God does not exist or is yet to be proven.

Its an insult for these people to compare existing humans to a nonexistent God, something that lives in the head of its believers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would you spare an atheist robot? by OpenYourEyes1: 4:47pm On May 17, 2019
dalaman:
Roberts see and interact wit humans directly. When was the last time you interected with your God? When did you see him and what did he tell you directly?

The Kingdom of GOD is around us according to Jesus Christ.
Most humans don't see nor perceive this Kingdom but it will eventually become visible.

Robots don't actually see us. Better still, they are not really conscious of us.
They are not sentient beings.
They are mere programs.
They are 2 dimensional (computer codes are two dimensional)
They will eventually become conscious according to futurists.

1 Like

Re: Would you spare an atheist robot? by obinna58(m): 5:11pm On May 17, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

Most humans don't see nor perceive this Kingdom but it will eventually become visible.

Robots don't actually see us. Better still, they are not really conscious of us.
They are mere programs.

[img]https://media./images/3509065d648eec14be932945f1f64425/tenor.gif[/img]

3 Likes

Re: Would you spare an atheist robot? by obinna58(m): 5:12pm On May 17, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

They are mere programs.

[img]https://media./images/3509065d648eec14be932945f1f64425/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: Would you spare an atheist robot? by OtemAtum: 5:27pm On May 17, 2019
Robots were not born, they were made. If the maker of a particular robot makes himself available, the robot will know him as its maker. It doesn't have a father or a mother, but it depends solely on its maker.

Humans were born by their parents. Knowing your parents as your creator is enough to scale through this world. You don't have to worry over any creator when you have your parents directly to interact with. If there is anyone that should worry about his or her creator, it is our great great great great great great great ancestors of the hominids and Neanderthal periods(the very first humans). They met themselves here, on rocks, on the valleys, without knowing how they got there. But as for us, we know our parents, they are our makers and we are not trying to overtake them.
Doctufos: Homo Sapiens 8:1
1. Ndjambi was a mountain-dwelling homo sapiens who discovered himself upon a hill in the land of the Herero and Nama. Now this mountain is the same which is called Omatako these days, for it was the seat of Ndjambi when he was alive on earth.

NB: I am not trying to say that there's no first cause. Yes there is, but it is not a humanlike one like we have everywhere in the religious books.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would you spare an atheist robot? by LordReed(m): 5:34pm On May 17, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

They are mere programs.

Dude Jesus didn't tell you anything. You are going on what some people wrote down as the reported speech of Jesus. Jesus himself didn't tell you anything.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would you spare an atheist robot? by OtemAtum: 5:37pm On May 17, 2019
LordReed:

Dude Jesus didn't tell you anything. You are going on what some people wrote down as the reported speech of Jesus. Jesus himself didn't tell you anything.
When a fiction starts telling real people things, then you should know that a disease called Salangicites is involved. grin

origin of Salangicites

3. And salang wondered until he had fallen asleep. And his emotion followed him into his dream immediately. 4. And
salang saw himself in his dream, saying, Zeusus come right now, for I want to ask you some questions. 5. And an image appeared before salang like a shadow. And salang said, if indeed you are real, tell me what I shall do tomorrow and next tomorrow. 6. And from the shadow came a voice, saying, you shall definitely go and kill Jerre with your own hands because he blasphemed against me. 7. And you shall flee the kingdom. And
salang said, indeed you are my lord Zeusus, for that is what I shall do tomorrow. And you have said exactly what is in my thought to do. 8. And
salang asked further, shall I do so, O Zeusus Krista? Is this not against your will? 9. And the image said, it is not wrong if you do so. Did Paneas the son of Aron not kill some homos for the sake of Yahweh? 10. And when the little children mocked Eliash, did he not send bears after them, to slaughter them all? 11. And salang said to the image, but I thought that you have come to stop all forms of violence. How now do you support the things in the old covenant? 12. And the image said, did Petra not cut off the ear of one of those who came to take me by force? 13. Now go and do to Jerre what he deserved by blaspheming me. For you shall definitely do so to him and nothing can stop you from doing so. 14. Now when salang awoke, he was surprised that the image whom he had supposed to be Zeusus Krista would suggest such evil to him.
15. And salang went to tell Jerre what he had seen. And Jerre said, that image which you see is not Zeusus but the idea of him. 16. And it is called the Word. For by the Word you have read and have believed upon shall you live. And the conglomeration of all the scriptures which you have read is what has appeared to you as a single matrix, which is the image you saw. 17. And by meditating always on the scriptures did the image come. And whatever the words in the scriptures which you have read when you are conscious are the things you will hear from the mouth of the image in your dreams . 18. Now my servant, take these books which I have not shown you before, read them and you shall know more about the falsehood of this idea of a real Zeusus Krista coming to your dreams. 19. Now salang read deeply into the books which he was given. And he thought deeply into his sleep. 20. And a dream came to him. For the image which he had supposed as Zeusus Krista appeared to him again and said, salang, why have you not killed this Jerre for his continual blasphemy? 21. Why do you delay to do so to him? And
salang said, is it right to kill anyone? 22. And the image said, did I not say to you in the scriptures that I have not actually come to the world to bring peace, but rather, division and sword have I brought? 23. And salang said, why do you speak only the things which I know already to me again? Can you not tell me some things which I do not know? 24. And the image said, I am an embodiment of the Holy Spirit and the son of god. And I have come to bring all things back to your remembrance as I have promised. 25. That is why I make you remember things which you must have forgotten. 26. Now O salang , go now and kill Jerre, for so did Nephi and it became holiness to him before the father. 27. And so did Paneas also, who killed those who sacrificed strange fire to the father. 28. And salang said, it is true. I shall go and kill him tomorrow morning. And his blood shall be upon his own head for blaspheming you. 29. And
salang awoke immediately and wondered, saying, how come the image of Zeusus in my dream spoke about Nephi for the first time ever? 30. For this Nephi was not known by me until this afternoon when I read the history books given to me by Jerre. 31. And salang said, I know what I shall do. Therefore
salang went and sort after a history book about Murhamid. 32. And salang readit deeply with great meditations upon its texts. And he slept while reading it. 33. And in his sleep, he saw the image again? And the image said, why did you not kill Jerre whom I have commanded you to kill? 34. And salang said, who exactly are you, O great figure? Are you Murhamid? 35. And the image said, yes I am Murhamid. And salang said, how then do you say to me before that you were Zeusus. 36. And the image said, did I deny that I am Zeusus? And salang said, how can you be both Zeusus and Murhamid at the same time? 37. And the image said, I was reincarnated as Murhamid. 38. And salang said, how come in the past dreams I had, I was told by a voice which I supposed was yours, that Murhamid was an antikrista? 39. And salang awoke in confusion. And he said, surely the words of the books I read are the things which become the image I saw in my dream. 40. And my opinions about these books are the reply I hear from the image. For in the days when I believed Murhamid as a false prophet, I heard a voice saying that it was so. 41. And now when I changed my opinion about him because of the books I just read, the image supposed to be that of Krista have said to me that Murhamid is his reincarnation. 42. And
salang became very said when he had known that Jerre was right. 43. And
salang went to Jerre and took him to Chelang, saying, treat him with the herbs so that he would be cured. 44. And Jerre was cured of his sickness. But when he came to the house of salang, he found that he had killed himself. 45. For salang drove a knife into his own belly because he was overwhelmed with depression after he had known that all the things which he defended with his life for twenty years were nothing but falsehood and illusion. 46. And Jerre wept for him and buried him in the courtyard of the church. But Jerre did not cease from practising Krishtanite, because it was his religion.
Re: Would you spare an atheist robot? by CAPSLOCKED: 6:35pm On May 17, 2019
LordReed:

grin YOU PEOPLE HAVE TIME. TRUE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would you spare an atheist robot? by LordReed(m): 6:40pm On May 17, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

grin YOU PEOPLE HAVE TIME. TRUE.

Sometimes wink grin
Re: Would you spare an atheist robot? by CAPSLOCKED: 6:42pm On May 17, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:
Humans not believing in GOD is like simple Robots/Artificial Intelligence refusing to admit they were created by people.
Analogy of GOD and Humans in a nutshell

THE ROBOTS CAN SEE AND INTERACT WITH PEOPLE, YOU IDĮOT.

IF THE PEOPLE THAT MADE THEM DECIDES TO HIDE FROM THEM, ALLOW TERRIBLE THINGS HAPPEN TO THEM, AND THEN LEAVE THEM THROUGH MILLENNIA TO MAKE UP DIFFERENT IDEAS ABOUT THEIR CREATION PEDDLED MOSTLY THROUGH SECOND HAND CHANNELS, THEN I SUPPORT THEIR RIGHT TO QUESTION AND EVEN DOUBT THE STORY OF THE HUMAN THAT CREATED THEM AS PEDDLED IN THEIR GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION.

HUMANS CAN DIE AND BE FORGOTTEN AFTER A MILLION YEARS, SO THE EVIDENCE WE CREATED ROBOTS CAN BE LOST FOREVER. BUT GOD IS NOT SUPPOSED TO DIE, AND YOU DARE COMPARE TEMPORARY HUMANS TO A GOD THAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE PERMANENT?

NA WA O.

TRULY, A FOOL SAYS IN HIS HEART; "THERE'S A GOD".
A MORØN GETS A MIC AND EXCLAIMS IT ALL OVER.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Would you spare an atheist robot? by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 17, 2019
This is the dumbest analogy I have ever come across on NL. Sometimes I think the problem of these theists is not knowing what "atheism" really means.

If they can define atheism and understand it, it would save us from engaging in a dumb argument.

Robots...really?

I bail!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would you spare an atheist robot? by budaatum: 7:24pm On May 17, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

So, you don't really know if the "Kingdom of GOD is around" you, you're just taking Jesus' word for it that "it will eventually become visible"?

That must be one hell of a hard thing to sell.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would you spare an atheist robot? by shadeyinka5: 9:02pm On May 17, 2019
MJBOLT:
dumb analogy,at least robots can see humans to prove their existence,can humans see god to prove his existence
Robots can see humans!!!!
Does it mean anything to you?
Re: Would you spare an atheist robot? by shadeyinka5: 9:05pm On May 17, 2019
HenryDion:
This is the dumbest analogy I have ever come across on NL. Sometimes I think the problem of these theists is not knowing what "atheism" really means.

If they can define atheism and understand it, it would save us from engaging in a dumb argument.

Robots...really?

I bail!
Open your eyes to read!

It was an analogy about God and Humans!

What did you see?
God and Atheists!

You see your life?
Re: Would you spare an atheist robot? by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 17, 2019
shadeyinka5:

Open your eyes to read!

It was an analogy about God and Humans!

What did you see?
God and Atheists!

You see your life?

If a robot develop consciousness of any sort, they will be able to identify their creator, man. How?

They can learn the language upon which they are built on, how they were built and who built them cause evidence would abound.

In other words, they can see and interact with man.

Your God is yet to come down and prove himself.

Like I said, your analogy is dumb.. Very dumb..!

2 Likes

Re: Would you spare an atheist robot? by Shepherd00: 10:32pm On May 17, 2019
budaatum:

So, you don't really know if the "Kingdom of GOD is around" you, you're just taking Jesus' word for it that "it will eventually become visible"?

That must be one hell of a hard thing to sell.
So, he shouldn't take Jesus word for it? Do you have a way we can find out it exists?

You Budaatum, wirhout Jesus talking about the Kingdom of God, how would you know anything about it?
Re: Would you spare an atheist robot? by shadeyinka5: 10:33pm On May 17, 2019
HenryDion:

If a robot develop consciousness of any sort, they will be able to identify their creator, man. How?

They can learn the language upon which they are built on, how they were built and who built them cause evidence would abound.

In other words, they can see and interact with man.

Your God is yet to come down and prove himself.

Like I said, your analogy is dumb.. Very dumb..!
Have you seen any robot acquire consciousness?

Until that time keep quiet.

The kind of Questions a car will ask about humans is:
Are humans using fossil fuels or battery powered
Do humans use piston engines or jet technology.
How many horsepower is the human engine using.

If they tell the intelligent car that the answer is no for all, he will assume that the Question is really dumb!
Re: Would you spare an atheist robot? by Nobody: 10:39pm On May 17, 2019
shadeyinka5:

Do humans use piston engines or jet technology?
How many horsepower is the human engine using?

If they tell the intelligent car that the answer is no for all, he will assume that the Question is really dumb!

The analogy was about robots gaining consciousness and denying humans as their creator. Seems you're too daft to grasp English or better yet, understand expression. Please, swerve!

The last thing I would do is argue with one who has a little to no intelligence at all.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would you spare an atheist robot? by frank317: 10:52pm On May 17, 2019
shadeyinka5:

Do humans use piston engines or jet technology.
How many horsepower is the human engine using.

Are u saying the op is senseless?

1 Like

Re: Would you spare an atheist robot? by shadeyinka5: 3:32am On May 18, 2019
frank317:

Are u saying the op is senseless?
The OP made an allegory, one of your guys say "robots can see humans" therefore the ops analogy is dumb.

He's to use his imagination, after all the op mentioned "interacting with real world (human World) and it doesn't assume robots can see or not see humans.
Re: Would you spare an atheist robot? by shadeyinka5: 3:33am On May 18, 2019
HenryDion:

The analogy was about robots gaining consciousness and denying humans as their creator. Seems you're too daft to grasp English or better yet, understand expression. Please, swerve!

The last thing I would do is argue with one who has a little to no intelligence at all.
The only intelligence in your brain is to be rude and caustic.
Good day!
Re: Would you spare an atheist robot? by frank317: 6:55am On May 18, 2019
shadeyinka5:

The OP made an allegory, one of your guys say "robots can see humans" therefore the ops analogy is dumb.
Yes, one of "my" guys says robots can see humans, that's going by the allegory "ur" guy made.

If ur guys allegory that robots are capable of determining who their creator is, why wouldn't they be able to see? And if humans are around them like we are, why won't they see us.

Are u arguing for argument sake?

He's to use his imagination, after all the op mentioned "interacting with real world (human World) and it doesn't assume robots can see or not see humans.

It does my brother... If robots are conscious enough to determine if humans are or are not their creator... That means they would be able to see us because we are already here interacting with them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would you spare an atheist robot? by CAPSLOCKED: 7:00am On May 18, 2019
shadeyinka5:

WELL, THERE ARE HUMANS IN THE WORLD, UNLESS WE MAKE BLIND AND INSENSITIVE ROBOTS, THERE'S NO WAY THE ROBOTS WON'T SEE US, OR FEEL US, OR INTERACT WITH US AND GET COMMANDS DIRECTLY FROM US.
IN THE CASE OF RELIGION THE ONLY COMMAND PEOPLE GET FROM GODS ARE THE THINGS THEY (PEOPLE) MAKE UP IN THEIR HEADS THEMSELVES.

THIS IS A TERRIBLE EXCUSE AND A SHIITY DEFENCE FOR YOUR STONE AGE GOD.. WHO IS SAID TO BE IN EXISTENCE BUT CANNOT DEFEND HIMSELF.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would you spare an atheist robot? by NPComplete: 7:06am On May 18, 2019
Hahaha. Christians are morons I swear. I just read this thread and felt sorry for the OP and Shadeyinka. They can't even firmly grip their own arguments.

Now they have left the premise on which the thread started and are arguing about the sentience of robots. Lol.
It must be a difficult life to only have weak arguments that always get destroyed everytime u try to convince others of the sense of it.

10 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Shocking Miracles Performed By Pastor E.A Adeboye Of RCCG / Darwinism's Atheist Concept Of Evolution Leads To Racism And Supremacism / How To Know If A Spirit, Voice Or Visitation Is From God Or Satan (discernment)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.