Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,116 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

My Parents Do Not Accept Her. Should I Go Ahead? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Parents Do Not Accept Her. Should I Go Ahead? (1801 Views)

My Fiancee Betrayed Me: Should I Go Ahead With The Marriage Plans? / Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? / Should I Accept Her Back After Several Months? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Parents Do Not Accept Her. Should I Go Ahead? by bianconerriii(m): 8:04am On Dec 18, 2018
I have been dating this lady for a year plus and we are taking it to the next level. Her parents like me and have encouraged her to settle down. On the other hand, I took her to my parents and they told me she isn’t the one for me. Reason being that she parties a lot and probably pretending just to rope me in. They told me “if you so choose to continue, you do not have our blessings”.

In honesty, she indeed likes to party at any giving opportunity. I’ve spoken to her about it and she is willing to change. Two of my close friends have adviced me to stay clear of her because people hardly change. I’m in the biggest dilemma of my life so far. Ignore my parents advice and regret later or listen and just let her go in peace?
Re: My Parents Do Not Accept Her. Should I Go Ahead? by madridguy(m): 8:15am On Dec 18, 2018
Listen to your parent and let her go.
Re: My Parents Do Not Accept Her. Should I Go Ahead? by AryEmber(f): 8:16am On Dec 18, 2018
Do you like parties too?

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Do Not Accept Her. Should I Go Ahead? by boomssey(f): 8:16am On Dec 18, 2018
Capital NO!

1 Like

Re: My Parents Do Not Accept Her. Should I Go Ahead? by pryme(m): 8:19am On Dec 18, 2018
bianconerriii:
I have been dating this lady for a year plus and we are taking it to the next level. Her parents like me and have encouraged her to settle down. On the other hand, I took her to my parents and they told me she isn’t the one for me. Reason being that she parties a lot and probably pretending just to rope me in. They told me “if you so choose to continue, you do not have our blessings”.

In honesty, she indeed likes to party at any giving opportunity. I’ve spoken to her about it and she is willing to change. Two of my close friends have adviced me to stay clear of her because people hardly change. I’m in the biggest dilemma of my life so far. Ignore my parents advice and regret later or listen and just let her go in peace?

Tell her you are not sure of marrying her, because your reasons, then give her time and see what happens.

Marriage is a lifelong contract, you must be ruthless when choosing a partner.

You are a Juve fan you saw how CR7 dumped Madrid ruthlessly (pun intended)

4 Likes

Re: My Parents Do Not Accept Her. Should I Go Ahead? by Jayslicky: 8:35am On Dec 18, 2018
The decision is in your hands.
1. If you go against your parents advice, can you live without them showing any concern on your marriage.
2. Are u sure your fiancee would change, her excessive going to parties can mix her with the wrong people.
3. If you go with your parents advice, can you live without your fiancee, you may never fall in love with someone else which may cause depression which it ain't good.
4. Have you weighed the advantages of getting married to her and the disadvantages, this will help a lot in your decision making.
5. Can your fiancee handle the pressure from your parents non involvement in the marriage.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Do Not Accept Her. Should I Go Ahead? by LuciferGospel: 8:35am On Dec 18, 2018
bianconerriii:

Your parents have poisoned your mind & I suggest you return the favour.

Two drops of Sniper should do the trick.

Thank me later.

I wish you a Happy Married Life in advance.
Re: My Parents Do Not Accept Her. Should I Go Ahead? by Oyindidi(f): 9:14am On Dec 18, 2018
madridguy:
Listen to your parent and let her go.
well said
Re: My Parents Do Not Accept Her. Should I Go Ahead? by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:26am On Dec 18, 2018
I can never support entering a marriage where the parents are not agreeable.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Do Not Accept Her. Should I Go Ahead? by ImaIma1(f): 10:50am On Dec 18, 2018
It is not about your parents really. It is about you. Project in 3years from now...will you be fighting over all the money she is spending on parties and attires? Or how she might neglect the children to attend a party.

There are some habits that are hard to let go. Look at the kind of friends she keeps and her lifestyle generally. Can you cope with it if she doesn't change? Because marriage doesn't change people instead it magnifies their faults.

If you can sincerely answer this questions and you are still convinced you want to marry her, then good luck.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Do Not Accept Her. Should I Go Ahead? by zicoraads: 6:14pm On Dec 18, 2018
PrimadonnaO:
It's not even about the parents being in agreement or not. I have seen countless marriages where the parents were not in agreement, but later accepted. My parents are a good example.

But, what my concern is is what the parents are pointing out. That partying a lot is a red flag that should not be ignored.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Do Not Accept Her. Should I Go Ahead? by marvin906(m): 6:17pm On Dec 18, 2018
very tricky situation.. I think you should weigh your options and ask yourself if she's Worth it

Re: My Parents Do Not Accept Her. Should I Go Ahead? by bochy8: 6:20pm On Dec 18, 2018
My guy, ladies who party alot do not have any intention of settling down. Any good looking guy at the club will take her home for servicing, i have been in your shoe once. Start avoiding her

3 Likes

Re: My Parents Do Not Accept Her. Should I Go Ahead? by ecstasy357(m): 6:30pm On Dec 18, 2018
bianconerriii:

In all sincerity I hope you guys story will end with "happily ever after."

Ok...answer these questions
1) Do you have a problem with her party lifestyle?
2) If no, do you think once you guys are married she will change?
3) If yes, then ya only deceiving ya self.

NB: Pple don't change for others, they do for themselves.
Marriage doesn't change pple; marriage is only a tittle. What she is before marriage is what she's gonno b after marriage.

But if you love her party life, go ahead with it. Let ya parents know ya d one leading her to d parties.
Selah!
Re: My Parents Do Not Accept Her. Should I Go Ahead? by magabounce(m): 6:29am On Dec 19, 2018
1 word dude
Re: My Parents Do Not Accept Her. Should I Go Ahead? by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 19, 2018
Has she changed? people don't change in marriage, if she can't change in relationship, forget it
Re: My Parents Do Not Accept Her. Should I Go Ahead? by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:52am On Dec 19, 2018
zicoraads:

It's not even about the parents being in agreement or not. I have seen countless marriages where the parents were not in agreement, but later accepted. My parents are a good example.

But, what my concern is is what the parents are pointing out. That partying a lot is a red flag that should not be ignored.

This example you gave about your parents, you weren't the one getting married, right?
Re: My Parents Do Not Accept Her. Should I Go Ahead? by ImaIma1(f): 8:56am On Dec 19, 2018
PrimadonnaO:

Sometimes it could be the parent's selfish interest. Realize that parents are humans. My friend shunned his mum's disagreement to the person he wanted to marry especially because it was because of tribe.

The mum had to give in when she saw that her son put his foot down.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Do Not Accept Her. Should I Go Ahead? by Randy100: 9:01am On Dec 19, 2018
Your life, your marriage. You are the only one to bear the consequences wether good or bad. Forget ur parent and marry her.
Re: My Parents Do Not Accept Her. Should I Go Ahead? by zicoraads: 9:31am On Dec 19, 2018
PrimadonnaO:

This example you gave about your parents, you weren't the one getting married, right?
Point being, sometimes, a parents agreement or not has nothing to do with how a marriage will eventually turn out. And just like someone just said, sometimes, it may be that their lack of support is because of selfish interests.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Do Not Accept Her. Should I Go Ahead? by bianconerriii(m): 12:11am On Feb 21, 2019
zicoraads:

Point being, sometimes, a parents agreement or not has nothing to do with how a marriage will eventually turn out. And just like someone just said, sometimes, it may be that their lack of support is because of selfish interests.

No be lie...las las everybody get their own agenda for mind.
Re: My Parents Do Not Accept Her. Should I Go Ahead? by Biglittlelois(f): 12:12am On Feb 21, 2019
Don't marry without your parents blessings, very important.
Re: My Parents Do Not Accept Her. Should I Go Ahead? by Apination(m): 4:00am On Feb 21, 2019
Just look at the way you want to sell your destiny in broad daylight undecided
Re: My Parents Do Not Accept Her. Should I Go Ahead? by Nobody: 4:39am On Feb 21, 2019
bianconerriii:

You are just infatuated, you know the right thing to do!!
Re: My Parents Do Not Accept Her. Should I Go Ahead? by cjeriia: 7:43am On Feb 21, 2019
bianconerriii:

Ignore @ ur own peril. People do not change. Once it's ingrained, its difficult to leave the habit
Re: My Parents Do Not Accept Her. Should I Go Ahead? by MissRaine69(f): 7:52am On Feb 21, 2019
So going to a party is a demarcation of character? I can think of 100 who attend church without fail but live very sordid lives.
You do not elaborate much, parties a lot as in every day? Weekends? That’s the only issue? Going to parties?
Does she have a job?
A career?
Is there anything disgraceful she has done other than enjoy herself?
Is is a problem for you?
Saying she is not for you without any explanation is very unfair on you. An explanation based on fact is in order not just “we don’t approve”.
Maybe she should not marry you, as you are expecting a whole of everything and not really looking past a few superficial issues.
Re: My Parents Do Not Accept Her. Should I Go Ahead? by Koralords: 9:18am On Feb 21, 2019
Therein lies your problem you taking it to the next level no one want to go to the next level ,if you had promptly artikulated would not have problem
On a serious note don't ever marry a girl without your families consent ,marriage crashes but family stays for ever

1 Like

Re: My Parents Do Not Accept Her. Should I Go Ahead? by Femi316: 10:09am On Feb 21, 2019
bianconerriii:

bros go ahead and marry her na your paent go decide for you
Re: My Parents Do Not Accept Her. Should I Go Ahead? by bianconerriii(m): 10:14am On Mar 02, 2019
Koralords:
Therein lies your problem you taking it to the next level no one want to go to the next level ,if you had promptly artikulated would not have problem
On a serious note don't ever marry a girl without your families consent ,marriage crashes but family stays for ever
God bless you Sir!

(1) (Reply)

Keep Going My Love .... I Want You To Bleep Me . I Like This . / A Bestie Who is Playing The Boyfriend Role. / I Love This Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.