Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,082 members, 7,821,722 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Men Who Eat Okra Become Impotent!!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men Who Eat Okra Become Impotent!!! (1791 Views)

If You Find Out That Your Husband Is Impotent After Marriage, What Will You Do? / Re: Coping With An Impotent Husband And My Journey Into Adultery / Nasarawa Bride Dumps Groom On Wedding Day, 'I'm Too Young To Marry Impotent Man' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Who Eat Okra Become Impotent!!! by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 18, 2018
An average African child will always choose okra soup over every other, it is a favorite dish that is savored with great relish. Okra, also known as gumbo, is a native African herb belonging to the mallow family. Although it originates from Africa, it is largely cultivated in the Southern United States and the West Indies, primarily because it is long and bears many seeds; the flowers of Okra are large and yellow, resembling that of hibiscus. It is often used in making soups and stews, and sometimes as cooked vegetable. A Nigerian nutritionist/biochemist, who is also a senior research officer at the Federal Institute of Industrial Research (FIIRO) Oshodi, Lagos, Ochuko Erikainure says “one hundred grams of Okra has been reported to meet over twenty percent of the daily values which the body needs. It contains a rare combination of carbohydrates, vegetables, minerals and vitamins”. However, he also identified that Okra contains a unique substance called
gossypol .
Gossypol is a natural polyphenol and a derivative of the cotton plant known for inhibiting the production of sperm, among other effects. A Jiangxi based research conducted in 1929 traced low male fertility to the consumption of unrefined cottonseed oil; further investigations identified gossypol as the infertility-causing-constituent in cotton. While recognizing that Okra contains dietary fibers in high proportions, Erikainure maintained that “gossypol inhibits sperm production and motility by blocking several enzymes that are highly important in energy metabolism in sperm and sperm producing cells”
In some countries as China, gossypol has been tested and administered as oral contraceptive for men, it has also been discovered that it possesses anti-malarial properties while studies are on-going to prove it can be used in preventing and treating cancer. Aside inhibiting enzyme systems that play crucial roles in spermatogenesis, gossypol also promotes the side effects of hemolytic anemia since its toxicity to erythrocytes leads to cell deaths. In adverse conditions, fatigue, diarrhea, nausea, altered taste sensation, emesis is also experienced.
While Okra retains its many health benefits, people are advised to consume them regular, as Erukainure noted, “including okra in our daily diet along with physical healthy exercise routine will prevent and treat diabetes, meaning that Okra plant contributes to a more active lifestyle”. However, experts insist that men who intend to make babies should abstain from Okra and any other food that contains gossypol, at least within the period of this intention; the idea behind this advice is to ensure the maintenance of fertile, motile and good amount of sperm.
click here to read more https://egboemmanuel./2018/12/17/men-who-eat-okra-become-impotent/
Re: Men Who Eat Okra Become Impotent!!! by kunleweb: 9:44am On Dec 18, 2018
Makes sense
Re: Men Who Eat Okra Become Impotent!!! by ojun50(m): 9:51am On Dec 18, 2018
Nothin person no dey hear
Re: Men Who Eat Okra Become Impotent!!! by JasonScoolari: 9:54am On Dec 18, 2018
So you mean that my SW blodas who cannot do without Amala and the hydraulic soup stands a high risk of infertility? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men Who Eat Okra Become Impotent!!! by FlutterDollar99(m): 10:02am On Dec 18, 2018
What if I eat it with pounded yam or Amala?
Re: Men Who Eat Okra Become Impotent!!! by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 18, 2018
FlutterDollar99:
What if I eat it with pounded yam or Amala?
doesn't change anything...
Re: Men Who Eat Okra Become Impotent!!! by hisgrace090: 10:26am On Dec 18, 2018
GOSSYPOL THE ENEMY OF SPARM.
Re: Men Who Eat Okra Become Impotent!!! by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 18, 2018
hisgrace090:
GOSSYPOL THE ENEMY OF SPARM.
Indeed an enemy
Re: Men Who Eat Okra Become Impotent!!! by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 18, 2018
JasonScoolari:
So you mean that my SW blodas who cannot do without Amala and the hydraulic soup stands a high risk of infertility? grin
funny!
But remember that Okra has many benefits as stated in the article, it is only necessary for men who are in 'baby-making-period' to abstain from it or at least regulate its use.
Re: Men Who Eat Okra Become Impotent!!! by habsydiamond(m): 2:00pm On Dec 18, 2018
Okra na slow motion be that soup ooo... Which one I've infertility again for okra...I better no chop any draw soup again be that...b4 another one go dey cause ebola nao.. undecided undecided
Re: Men Who Eat Okra Become Impotent!!! by bobokeshington: 5:29pm On Dec 18, 2018
I love my okro even with gossypol
Re: Men Who Eat Okra Become Impotent!!! by ednut1(m): 6:39pm On Dec 18, 2018
Cheap lies
Re: Men Who Eat Okra Become Impotent!!! by Shishanwaaba(m): 8:22pm On Dec 18, 2018
So la-la is impotent ?
Re: Men Who Eat Okra Become Impotent!!! by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 18, 2018
ednut1:
Cheap lies
please how?
Re: Men Who Eat Okra Become Impotent!!! by ednut1(m): 8:31pm On Dec 18, 2018
EmmaEgbo:

please how?
the research was not conclusive nd raw okro was used on lab rats. Do we even eat raw okro
Re: Men Who Eat Okra Become Impotent!!! by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 18, 2018
ednut1:
the research was not conclusive nd raw okro was used on lab rats. Do we even eat raw okro

Does heat destroy gossypol or reduce its potency?
very important you find out...
Re: Men Who Eat Okra Become Impotent!!! by FlutterDollar99(m): 7:27am On Dec 23, 2018
EmmaEgbo:

doesn't change anything...
good that means I will make use of okra and ogbono combination
Re: Men Who Eat Okra Become Impotent!!! by nodeKWKLFL: 12:20pm On Dec 23, 2018
FlutterDollar99:
good that means I will make use of okra and ogbono combination
Little ogbono and lots of okra with cow legs, any shot fired na goal scoring. Ask very well. I rest my case.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Seven (7) Reasons To Start Taking Cannabis (weed) Tea. [photos] / Why Ladies Loves Tall Guys The Reason Would Shock You / That Rapist On Nairaland ( Shocking Discoveries)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.