Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,703 members, 7,813,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) (52201 Views)

OAU Sacks Professor Richard Akindele Over Sex For Mark Scandal / Professor Richard Akindele's Wife & Church Members React To Sex For Mark Scandal / "OAU Professor, Richard Akindele, Also Asked Me For Sex" - Graduate In Ireland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) by obontami: 12:24pm On Dec 18, 2018
See the ugly girl wey Dem dey send you go jail on top.

Shame on you, fool!
Re: Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) by Souqwaqif: 12:25pm On Dec 18, 2018
See the ugly kpomo wet fall this man destiny,may God Almighty not allow me fall like this in Jesus name,as for those reading this depend on Gods help by receiving him to your life as Lord and personal saviour,because if na by power that stinking kpomo for no fit fall that great man but no be by power na by God alone.
Re: Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) by sharpwriter(m): 12:33pm On Dec 18, 2018
jeff1607:

if your mentality wasn't crude you would have understood my statement

it would be difficult to get a job is different from she won't get a job, even if she does get a job , eyes would be on her to see her fail

she can start a business but men would be wary of her but women would recommend her as a p.A to their cheating husbands.

can you have her in your employ and not be scared?

@the bolded...Why should you be scared? If your works are clean, you shouldn't be scared, but if your works are evil, then you may be scared. Even if you toast her and she no gree, there is still no harm; but when you want to use your position or power to force someone against his or her will, the be ready for consequences. angry

2 Likes

Re: Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) by sharpwriter(m): 12:38pm On Dec 18, 2018
Joyboy1:

When will Nigeria be sane for God's sake. So u mean this lady has done wrong for crying out! So you mean if she happens to be your daughter......you are going to disown her. We are all saying Nigeria needs to be clean....So how can Nigeria be clean?

It is clear some people here on Nairaland are insane......you don't need to marvel....some of them are are animals and they even feel entitled to be pacified for wrong behaviors. You see why God isn't in haste to pick people's call. The average nature of a man is to oppress; unless a man retrains himself to create a right environment by understanding that other humans have feelings like him will he cease to be an oppressor.

2 Likes

Re: Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) by SolexxBarry(m): 12:43pm On Dec 18, 2018
kamez:
chai. women destroying men since the days of Adam and Samson...

dunno if I should feel sorry for the man... but I really hope other lecturers learn from this

Please stop trying too hard to proof your foolishnesss

A man abused his position by sleeping with helpless female students for marks and you are here spewing rubbish

I hope a man with long dickk shifts your wife's womb to give her a job, ODE
Re: Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:46pm On Dec 18, 2018
jeff1607:
thank God the law but still it would be difficult for the lady to secure employment
shut up dee foolishness kill u there
Re: Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) by Ugosample(m): 12:47pm On Dec 18, 2018
jeff1607:

if your mentality wasn't crude you would have understood my statement

it would be difficult to get a job is different from she won't get a job, even if she does get a job , eyes would be on her to see her fail

she can start a business but men would be wary of her but women would recommend her as a p.A to their cheating husbands.

can you have her in your employ and not be scared?

Why would an employer be scared of her if he/she does not have sinister motives

She will be fine
Re: Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) by highness25(m): 12:49pm On Dec 18, 2018
YoungLionken:
Just 24 months!? Too small and cheap
Too small? Make your papa just lock you for room for 24hrs only then will you know that one's freedom is something one needs not to joke with.
Re: Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) by highness25(m): 12:50pm On Dec 18, 2018
YoungLionken:
Too small? Make your papa just lock you for room for 24hrs only then will you know that one's freedom is something one needs not to joke with
Re: Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) by izzyvol(m): 12:52pm On Dec 18, 2018
grin because of one cheap pussy
Re: Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) by kamez(m): 12:58pm On Dec 18, 2018
SolexxBarry:

Please stop trying too hard to proof your foolishnesss

A man abused his position by sleeping with helpless female students for marks and you are here spewing rubbish

I hope a man with long dickk shifts your wife's womb to give her a job, ODE

it's alarming that we have fools on nairaland who can read but cannot understand.....oga go back and read my comment over and over again and tell me where i supported the man's action.. if only nairaland was a place where u can meet people face to face I swear i go slap sense into ur head.. but of course it's a faceless forum so idiots like u can always showcase their epic foolishness...

over 10 people quoted my comment and somehow u are the only goat who picked offense with what I wrote.. so it's either u don't understand simple written English, or u really a fool, or u maybe u are just seeking for attention

1 Like

Re: Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) by monex(m): 1:01pm On Dec 18, 2018
Eponyeeboz:

If that lady starts an NGO campaigning against sexual harassment, she would go farther than any job can push her.

she is not the hero here.

The professor was tried for abuse of office: a crime against the state.

Let's not forget that Monica attempted to influence her marks positively by seeking an unprofessional audience with the lecturer. Unless i read the story false:

Phone call excerpts:

“... Me that agreed to do something. I know what I meant. If you don’t trust me forget about it. If I wouldn’t do it, why should I give you audience in the first place. If I am not interested in doing it, I won’t give you audience. “The other person has come and I told her straight away because there is nothing I can do to bail that person out and her mark is even better than your own. The person scored 39 while your own is 33...”

She finally failed the course amongst other courses and was de-registered from the school as she couldn't complete her degree in the stipulated time. That was her last year and was the desperation the randy Prof. wanted to take advantage of.
Re: Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) by WaffenSS(m): 1:08pm On Dec 18, 2018
jeff1607:
thank God the law but still it would be difficult for the lady to secure employment

Why? Because she recorded a deviant?
Re: Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) by WaffenSS(m): 1:08pm On Dec 18, 2018
slawomir:
Isoright

Justice is too good

It makes you feel alive

He is only going to spend a year in jail
Small o

Jail sentence na day and night

24 months

2 years
Re: Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) by aarlynk: 1:12pm On Dec 18, 2018
A lesson to others. undecided
Re: Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) by slawomir: 1:12pm On Dec 18, 2018
WaffenSS:

24 months

2 years

Na day and night them dey calculate
So na 12 months the man go spend
Re: Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) by mechanics(m): 1:16pm On Dec 18, 2018
Good, justice at last.
Re: Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) by Kinjikitile(m): 1:16pm On Dec 18, 2018
Please There are many lectures to be jailed in imo state university owerri.. There are many of them there.. Many female students deserve justice.. they are afraid to open up... This country needs restructuring..
ICPC go to IMSU.
ICPC many defensless students needs your help.. ICPC go to IMSU. Many female students deserve justice.
Re: Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) by WaffenSS(m): 1:17pm On Dec 18, 2018
slawomir:

Na day and night them dey calculate
So na 12 months the man go spend

Eh?

Where u get that from?

A full day is 24 hours

If they keep you in jail or prison for one day, that's a full 24 hours, not 12 hours.

Shor
Re: Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) by tete7000(m): 1:21pm On Dec 18, 2018
Really pitiable!
Re: Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) by vivaciousvivi(f): 1:23pm On Dec 18, 2018
maestroferddi:
Thought it was a suspended sentence?

Bloggers and senseless sensationalism...

The judge rejected the terms of the plea bargain, including a suspended sentence, community service and an option of a fine.
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/17/africa/nigerian-professor-jailed-in-sexual-assault-case-intl/index.html

Do some research before you make certain statements please
Re: Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 18, 2018
YoungLionken:

Technically it's just a year

A day counts as 2 days in the prison

1 Like

Re: Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 18, 2018
kamez:
chai. women destroying men since the days of Adam and Samson...

dunno if I should feel sorry for the man... but I really hope other lecturers learn from this

In this case how can you say such a thing? What of lecturers that destroy young girls lives? I am a 100% sure that this Prof would be bitterly regretting his actions

1 Like

Re: Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) by KingThreatzz: 1:27pm On Dec 18, 2018
adioolayi:

Why Are you saying she will be stigmatised for voicing out I don't think so.

I will not employ her sha
Re: Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 18, 2018
WaffenSS:

Eh?

Where u get that from?

A full day is 24 hours

If they keep you in jail or prison for one day, that's a full 24 hours, not 12 hours.

Shor

A day is counted as 2 days in the PRISON
Re: Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) by maestroferddi: 1:31pm On Dec 18, 2018
vivaciousvivi:

The judge rejected the terms of the plea bargain, including a suspended sentence, community service and an option of a fine.
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/17/africa/nigerian-professor-jailed-in-sexual-assault-case-intl/index.html

Do some research before you make certain statements please
You are the one who needs proper schooling...

What happened to give some background to the story to bring readers up to speed with the developments as they unfolded?

The reason most people view blogging with derision is that it, more often than not, lacks substance and originality...

The writer of this article is the one who has an onus to have researched their topic before presenting it to the public...
Re: Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 18, 2018
jeff1607:
why?
Re: Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) by vivaciousvivi(f): 1:41pm On Dec 18, 2018
maestroferddi:
You are the one who needs proper schooling...

What happened to give some background to the story to bring readers up to speed with the developments as they unfolded?

The reason most people view blogging with derision is that it, more often than not, lacks substance and originality...

The writer of this article is the one who has an onus to have researched their topic before presenting it to the public...
Common sense is clearly not common.
oh well, Cheers bro! wink
Re: Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) by wiseman2011(m): 1:41pm On Dec 18, 2018
cool that served him right please..... .....
Re: Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) by Ayobami7(m): 1:43pm On Dec 18, 2018
Good for him
Re: Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) by maestroferddi: 1:47pm On Dec 18, 2018
vivaciousvivi:

Common sense is clearly not common.
oh well, Cheers bro! wink
When a low IQ annoyance proffers an advice...
Re: Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) by SeyiObj: 1:53pm On Dec 18, 2018
Victni:

Justice Maureen Onyetenu of the Federal High Court in Osogbo, yesterday, sentenced Professor Richard Akindele to 24 months imprisonment for demanding sex from one of his students, Monica Osagie.

Justice Onyetenu gave the judgement after listening to arguments of counsel to the ICPC and the defendant. The sentence followed his change of plea from not guilty to guilty. He was pictured bowing down his head in shame after the verdict.
This will serve as a deterrent to others doing this shameful act.

Source: https://www.gistvic.com/2018/12/exclusive-pictures-of-moment-oau-sex.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Arrest 3 Dowen School Students Over Sylvester Oromoni’s Death / Nairaland 2015 UNI/POLY Census(rep Your School) / Question Of The Day: Which Part Of The Body Organ Never Rest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.