Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest (72052 Views)

Maiduguri Residents Commend Satomi For Subsidising Fuel / Zambia Now Enjoys 24 Hours Electricity / 24 Hours Electricity In My Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Denikayan: 10:12pm On Dec 18, 2018
asuustrike1:

It is the best because you save cost.

That meter automatically pegs your usage. If I have it at the back of my mind am paying just 15k for unlimited access, I feel more comfortable

Thats just me....

Leave all running, Even when I return at night and no light, The house feels so cold and still would have access to hot water

You feel me? Like I said, Its just me
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 18, 2018
tete7000:

See as you talk as if prepaid meter is something they go to supermarket and get off the shelves. If it is that straightforward, everyone would have it, who likes to pay for something he doesn't use. The problem is that Buhari government since they came onboard has ensured the meters are not available. All these caption of 24hrs uninterrupted light is just a ruse, if you read well, you will understand what people are complaining of is outrageous billing. BEDC here in Asaba are doing the same, giving a moderate electric using household a bill of N23000 monthly with light that is barely available. The most ironic part is they disconnect you and still keep bringing more outrageous bill for power they themselves cut off. Buhari govt is a colossal failure.

In Maiduguri they even beg some of these people to pay for prepared meter...but they usually refuse, due to heavy appliances they usually use
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Kazal999: 10:14pm On Dec 18, 2018
No light wahala..
Now there's light wahala .

I no con understand again oo
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Elxandre(m): 10:15pm On Dec 18, 2018
xcelentattitude:

In my hometown Area in Ibadan (olororo, challenge), They still ration the light and we only have light from say maybe 12am - 5am. When the light is completely useless to you, abi pesin no go sleep? The light is in sharp contrast with that of where I live in Abj.
If they even give light at night I will be happy.
Imagine someone getting light at 4am to dawn even iin this hot season. sad
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by xcelentattitude(m): 10:17pm On Dec 18, 2018
Elxandre:

If they even give light at night I will be happy.
Imagine someone getting light at 4am to dawn even iin this hot season. sad

Abi oo.
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by pawesome(m): 10:19pm On Dec 18, 2018
I no longer care about billing... If them like, make them bring 200k bill for the month, Na still 3k I go pay... After all when they come to meter you, your debts will be cleared for free

1 Like

Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by ofwest47(m): 10:23pm On Dec 18, 2018
24 hr.power supply up North unlike South West especially Ogun State and Ondo state despite having high built power stations in their areas but with no single drop of part of the supply through the construction of a 330/132 kV substation in the area concerned rather the entire load is sent to the national grid for the states with no power stations to enjoy 24 hr. uninterrupted power supply while the real power supply producers continue to stay in black outs. Fashola it is over to you let the power supply producing areas enjoy part of their products.
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by ZUBY77(m): 10:23pm On Dec 18, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
I believe it, because I have had such experience. 33kv lines are straight from TCN and have power flowing 247 except it trips on fault or TCN's maintenance. So on the average, they may be having upto 20hours monthly supply. If YEDC is to bill, they will bill for the energy they draw from transmission, so they will end up overbilling majority of the people that are on direct connection

And you think this is happening in Maidugri of all places?

1 Like

Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 18, 2018
Denikayan:

That meter automatically pegs your usage. If I have it at the back of my mind am paying just 15k for unlimited access, I feel more comfortable

Thats just me....

Leave all running, Even when I return at night and no light, The house feels so cold and still would have access to hot water

So you prefer estimated billing even if it is outrageous?.
Since you love it that way your electricity company will be smiling to the bank

1 Like

Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Elephantking: 10:24pm On Dec 18, 2018
NIGERIA sai BABA!!! sai BUHARI!!!!!!!!!
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Ikinternational: 10:28pm On Dec 18, 2018
efighter:

Since you drug pushers, kidnappers and armed robbers are more creative and productive, kindly use your creativity and productivity to generate and distribute light to your houses and companies. ISI EWU......

they're all that n still better than you. anuofia

4 Likes

Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Princeton92(m): 10:30pm On Dec 18, 2018
Lie oo, I disagree with this news!
I'd support 20/7 OR 22/7 but not 24/7...
What happened to us in the West, South N East?
Heyyyyyy!!!!!.....
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Denikayan: 10:37pm On Dec 18, 2018
asuustrike1:

So you prefer estimated billing even if it is outrageous?.
Since you love it that way your electricity company will be smiling to the bank

I have experienced both worlds and know estimated billing pays for me

I get 15k a month fixed and I love it. Even if I put an industrial AC or grinding machine in my house, they will still bring 15k AT THE END OF THE MONTH
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 18, 2018
Denikayan:

I have experienced both worlds and know estimated billing pays for me

I get 15k a month fixed and I love it. Even if I put an industrial AC or grinding machine in my house, they will still bring 15k AT THE END OF THE MONTH
I had experienced similar thing but I received the shock of my life when the bill started increasing. Those NEPA staffs as I call them knew that we pay certain amount on monthly basis yet they increased our bills so as to pay more whereas my peeps on prepaid metre pay less yet they still use all their gadgets. This time around they use energy saving bulbs instead of the yellow one. This is in addition to other appliances they have.Since the electricity company has target to meet, they astronomically increase their charges in order to recoupe what they had spent on purchasing electricity from Genco.

1 Like

Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Denikayan: 11:06pm On Dec 18, 2018
asuustrike1:

I had experienced similar thing but I received the shock of my life when the bill started increasing. Those NEPA staffs as I call them knew that we pay certain amount on monthly basis yet they increased our bills so as to pay more whereas my peeps on prepaid metre pay less yet they still use all their gadgets. This time around they use energy saving bulbs instead of the yellow one. This is in addition to other appliances they have.Since the electricity company has target to meet, they astronomically increase their charges in order to recoupe what they had spent on purchasing electricity from Genco.

Let me pray they dont increase mine. Been running for like 14months now.
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by MrSly(m): 11:10pm On Dec 18, 2018
efighter:

Since you drug pushers, kidnappers and armed robbers are more creative and productive, kindly use your creativity and productivity to generate and distribute light to your houses and companies. ISI EWU......
What do they do with power supply in Bornu state? Maybe to enable Boko haram bomb factory to function at full capacity.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Slurity(m): 11:31pm On Dec 18, 2018
crazygod:
Make prepaid meters available.
even with prepaid meter, they are likely to pay more. we use prepaid meter here is Ogun state with steady power Suppy and I pay between 11-18k every months
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by HazzanTazzan(m): 11:40pm On Dec 18, 2018
Nigerianization:
Get prepaid meters then.

Please reserve the protests for sensitive issues
This one no follow

The prepaid meter that you have provided ?
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Gkemz: 11:45pm On Dec 18, 2018
The only solution to this is to get a prepaid meter, not to reduce the number of hours.
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by goat22: 11:58pm On Dec 18, 2018
NIGHTMARE0O7:
grin

My guy you dey sell beans Abi? how much for 4 cups? make you delay like before oh!
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Nigerianization(m): 11:58pm On Dec 18, 2018
HazzanTazzan:

The prepaid meter that you have provided ?

No be fight abeg. I am only emphasizing that 24 hours of power supply should not warrant a protest.

They should rather protest against crazy billings and insist on prepaid meters.
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by 9gerian: 11:59pm On Dec 18, 2018
I doubt if the bills would be reduced even they asked. What is lacking are prepaid meters; and the Distribution Companies would not give because that will end the fraudulent bills that the customers get. This is as the government looks on...

So let the company direct the supply to Lagos and other high end states...

As we already paid in advance for years of power supply that we did not and still do not get.

Wiseandtrue:

This people and backwardness eeeeh undecided

Why not just request for billing reduction undecided

1 Like

Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Opharhe: 12:10am On Dec 19, 2018
myboy2111:

Maiduguri not Yola...The name of the company is Yola Electricity Dist. Coy
Yes the company's name is Yola Electricity distribution company but It's Maiduguri residents who are protesting not Yola. I guess it's because Yola is the regional electric centre there.
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Opharhe: 12:12am On Dec 19, 2018
duduade:
Please can't Maiduguri people transport the light to Lagos
Abi o. Or to Warri sef. �
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Ken4Christ: 12:41am On Dec 19, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
They are prolly on 33kv line. They should protest to be metered and not reduction in availability

They won't give them meters. They make more money from the current system. Besides, what they charge you is not the same as the record they keep. It's part of the corruption going on in Nigeria. They should form an association and take the case to court. You need light but you should be charged for what you consume. The metering system is the way to go.
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by fidtopade: 1:30am On Dec 19, 2018
efighter:

what sense have you made?
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by exlink10(m): 1:32am On Dec 19, 2018
I have not seen a country as primitive and stu.pid as Nigeria. which kind news be this now?

first of all, the news is a blatant lie cuz no pictures to buttress the claim and the source self is questionable.

but wait ooo, maiduguri abi watin dey call them that is being ravaged by boko haram are having 24 hours electricity while Lagos or other developed cities that needs this light hardly see it. How stu.pid and foolish is this if its even tru?

i feel like vomiting on reading this news. And what is more annoying is that the primitive people there don't even know that there something called prepaid meter which they should protest to given one instead protesting the availability of electricity.

i just wish Americans or even Ghanaians dont see this news. so fo.olish.

1 Like

Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Ngwamankillyou(m): 2:30am On Dec 19, 2018
Uncivilised bunch of tree climbers. I heard one hopeless animal saying drug pushing as if his families don't take drugs... Jealous inferior apes we share country with.. Separation is only the answer to know who's the best of all black race.
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by BrokenCock: 4:07am On Dec 19, 2018
duduade:
Please can't Maiduguri people transport the light to Lagos
i swear! Na only for north these constant light dey oh! Ones u cross lokoja upwards na steady light.

PH still dey ration light since 1990.
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by GEJDHERO: 4:18am On Dec 19, 2018
xcelentattitude:
Is the OP smoking weed? How can someone work from 7pm to 4pm. Abi, Is the person working 'anticlockwisely' ni. And please, don't judge my choice of grammar, if it isn't in your dictionary, add it.
I believe it's typing error.He meant 7am to 4pm.
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Abagworo(m): 4:19am On Dec 19, 2018
History has been made by Buhari. It has never happened in Nigeria from 1960 to 2015 that communities and cities get more power supply than required. Next level!
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by GEJDHERO: 4:20am On Dec 19, 2018
Denikayan:

Thats just me....

Its dangerous leaving such appliances on when no one its at home.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chukwuma Ochonogor: We Are Offering Nigerians 6 Million Naira Loan Within a Day / Dave Umahi Building Project In Abakaliki, Ebonyi (Photos) / FFK Shares Edited Photo Of Buhari In Chains, Held By Asari Dokubo For Hanging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.