Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,083 members, 7,818,240 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? (49474 Views)

Beautiful Picture Of Cotonou. When Will Nigeria Be Like Cotonou? / M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? / Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by kabna(m): 2:17am On Mar 19, 2011
collinsfbi:

Nice comment from a reasonable brain.

I am a Nigerian and I have been to Ghana B4, precisely in September 2007. I was there in Accra for two weeks and within these two weeks, I was able to visit a lot of places in Ghana which include Port of no return (port used during slavery) Independent square, katoka Int'l Airport, University of Legon, different beaches and shopping malls and a museum which I could not remember their names.

First and foremost, naija is a better place same as Ghana but the way Ghana developed in a geometric proportion since 2007 up till date is a good example in which Nigeria government can imitate. Nigeria is bigger in size, enormous in population (154,728,892) and greatly developed in crimes channeled by our parents who make it hard to develop Nigeria compare to the small size of Ghana in geographical estimation and population (24,339,838). It's a general bliv that nation’s capitals are exceptionally beautiful in structures and diverse social amenities. Abuja, Nigeria is nice so also Accra Ghana is wonderful but Accra is a wonderful place to live compare to Abuja. 24/7 electricity supply, road network is awesome, citizens are law abiding, low crime rate, high security and less corruption compare to Nigeria frustrating power supply, lack good road network, citizens are above d law, high crime rate at home and abroad, lack of security and corruption everywhere. These are the reasons why you see many Nigerians leaving Abuja, Nigeria for Accra, Ghana.

In Nigeria for instance, we have everything it takes to develop the country but corruption will never allow it. Let's take for example in Jan. 29 2007, Nigeria agreed to supply Ghana 80megawatts of electricity which increased Ghana power supply whereas the Federal capital alone did not enjoy stable power supply. Abuja road network is a little better, come to Lagos and enjoy everyday 10 hours stable traffic jam or travel to south west, East or North through Ore-express way and enjoy 24/7 road blocks by policemen and robbers who extort pple in cash and kind through violation and gunshot. The [size=20pt]picture[/size] below is an example of a situation in Nigeria Lagos-Ore Express way in which women without cash were violated while men without money and women who refused violation were asked to lie down while the driver of the heavy bus was asked to drive over them all at gun point.

Talking about currency, I think Ghana cedi is far better now compared to our Naira. The present cedi was introduced on July 3, 2007, and was equal to 10,000 old cedi when redenomination saw four zeros lopped off the value. Old Ghana cedi code is GHC while the new Ghana cedi code is GHS, the old GHC has an exchange of 1USD to 15,210GHC but at present, 1US Dollar = 1.54567 Ghanaian New Cedi which means 1GHS is higher in value than 1USD, if u think am wrong then find out the current exchange rate for the new GHS to USD.

It's my bliv that Nigeria will be better but I don't think betterment will come soon because those that Nigeria needs for change have all ran for safety in diaspora. Home will always be home no matter the period of time spent abroad and if we do not fight for freedom now, nobody will fight for us. Let us stop making a comparism, let’s come together to find solution to naija upheavals.

Gbammmmmm over and out.

oh this story really saddens me eventhouugh am not nigeNigerianhave lost appetite for the discussion can we still be making those comparisma after such oh god this truly is heart aching
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by collinsfbi(m): 1:51pm On Mar 21, 2011
^^When did this incident happened?
Early last year (2010)

oh this story really saddens me eventhouugh am not nigeNigerianhave lost appetite for the discussion can we still be making those comparisma after such oh god this truly is heart aching
It's not that Nigeria is not good or Nigerians are bad though there bad places and bad Nigerians across the globe but what we need is God intervention and all will be well. Pple are really suffering in Nigeria that is why u see many pple engaging in crime.

Gbammmmmmmmmmmmm over and out
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by chamber2(m): 6:25pm On Mar 21, 2011
Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana?

I will never support or dream for Nigeria to be like Ghana.Why can't Nigeria be like Malaysia,Qatar etc?Why Ghana for Christ sake.Nigeria can surpass whatever good thing in Ghana within 6 months.That accident was every unfortunate but it happens in all developing countries.Few weeks ago the Malaysian police discovered that some hoodlums block high ways in the early hours of the day thereby causing accidents and subsequently robbing their victims whether dead or alive.When most people visit the capital cities of most countries they conclude that all is well.

I agree that Nigeria does have problems,but the case is not a hopeless one as presented by some people here.Most Nigerians feel inferior when they travel abroad as a result of this mindset.They believe the next person is better than they are,they therefore take to crime because their mindset has it that they r not qualified for jobs.Filipino is not better than Nigeria,but they have a better mindset.They get jobs anywhere they are and live relatively well without taking to crime.Please stop making us feel inferior,and don't set a low standard for us by wishing that Nigeria becomes Ghana.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by collinsfbi(m): 10:27am On Mar 22, 2011
Nigeria can surpass whatever good thing in Ghana within 6 months
Indeed Nigeria can surpass Ghana but forget in 6months or whatever. We have been battling for the betterment of this country for the past 50yrs and up till now there is nothing to write home about. Pls say something else.

Most Nigerians feel inferior when they travel abroad as a result of this mindset. They believe the next person is better than they are, they therefore take to crime because their mindset has it that they r not qualified for jobs.
Was it inferiority complex that made many Nigerians home and abroad to engage in crime? It's simply caused by frustration and laziness. Besides many were baptized with the water of frustration from birth and wherever they go, many believe they can never make it life unless engage in evil and illegal activities. It is their belief that is working against them up till today because whatever you conceive with your mind and your heart and spirit can believe in it, then that is what you will achieve.

Please stop making us feel inferior
Nobody can make anybody feel inferior unless you set the standard for yourself. I have seen graduates without job selling recharge cards across the street, some engaging in shoe making and they ended being great pple in life. I have heard story of a graduate lady who refused sexual harassment in order to get a job and she decided to start a small buy and selling business with 5k capital and ended well. Many graduates are engaging in bus boy work popularly known as (bus conductors). Many are doing all these because they don't wanna engaging in crime and not becos of inferiority complex. Is it same inferiority complex that makes many parents to sacrifice their children to rituals all because they wanna get rich? What about many Nigerian ladies engaging in sexual business home and abroad, do we call this same inferiority complex or laziness and greediness?

Let's forget inferiority complex pls and let's address issue in the normal way. Nigeria can never be like Ghana becos we have what it takes to be the best. Only God intervention can turn our situation around in Nigeria.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by chamber2(m): 1:46pm On Mar 22, 2011

Let's forget inferiority complex pls and let's address issue in the normal way. Nigeria can never be like Ghana becos we have what it takes to be the best. Only God intervention can turn our situation around in Nigeria.

God bless you for this last part.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by collinsfbi(m): 2:07pm On Mar 22, 2011
God bless you for this last part.
God bless you too but that is just the fact.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Gbenge77(m): 3:08pm On Mar 22, 2011
I dont think there is any basis for comparison.Poverty is endemic in GHANA while also be challenged infrastructurally.GHANA will perpetually play second fiddle to NIGERIA
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by kabna(m): 3:21am On Mar 24, 2011
i am begin to suspect this forum is been manipulated. my very sensible comment has consistently been flagged as spam. why?
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by collinsfbi(m): 12:08pm On Mar 24, 2011
i am begin to suspect this forum is been manipulated. my very sensible comment has consistently been flagged as spam. why?
I don't think so, there is nothing like manipulation in NL, I think you should check ur composition very well and make sure it does not contain any copied words from other site.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by PetroDolla: 8:57pm On Mar 25, 2011
Kai naija piple and their sense of delusion! You guys can badmouth Ghana all you can, something Nigerians are particularly good at. But I see boku,boku Nigerians on the streets of Accra every day, and more are coming every single hour. And by the way, how do you measure one country being better than another? Is it by looking at which of them has more mansions even where there is no electricity to power lifts, limousines when there are no good roads to drive them on, private jets etc. I guess most of you guys don’t realise that more people in Ghana have access to electricity, good roads, health care, potable water, food, education and security than people in Nigeria? Frankly, we can debate which is better between Ghana and Nigeria, but for me, I know if Ghana is ahead of Nigeria in all the indices i mentioned, then what is there to compare? Of course, unless you want to tell me one percent of the population being stupendously rich is a good measure of the quality of life of the generality of the people.

Now, if you want to get a good sense of how Nigeria is performing in terms of the quality of life of the average Nigerian, then why don’t you refer to the UNDP Human Development Index report? I suggest all of you should go and read that first before talking about what you don’t know anything about. In terms of the quality of life of ordinary folks, Nigeria compares with countries like Liberia,Chad, Somalia etc
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by kabna(m): 10:38pm On Mar 25, 2011
collinsfbi:

I don't think so, there is nothing like manipulation in NL, I think you should check your composition very well and make sure it does not contain any copied words from other site.

mate are you implying that i have been plagarising? certainly not. that was a piece i typed very sensibleindeed but the moderators wants this animousity to continue so they flagged me out i still hold to my suspicion this forum appears to be manipulated.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by chamber2(m): 10:43pm On Mar 25, 2011
GHANA                                          NIGERIA

Capital                                             Accra                                             Abuja

Population                                       24,233,431                                   152,217,34

GDP(ppp)                                         $38.143 billion (2010 est)             $374.323 billion(2010 est)

Per capita                                        $1,600                                           $2,459

HDI (2010)                                      0.467(low)                                      0.511 (medium)

Comparison to the world                201                                                 182
(per capita income)                

Labor force                                     10.56 million (2010 est.)                  48.33 million (2010 est.)

Distribution of income                     39.4                                                  43.7
(Gini index)

Inflation rate                                 10.9%                                                 13.9%

Electricity - consumption:              5.702 billion kWh (2007 est.)              19.21 billion kWh (2007 est.)

More Info?
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ni.html
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/gh.html

People come here and start saying rubbish without simple research.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by kabna(m): 9:57pm On Mar 26, 2011
chamber2:

GHANA NIGERIA

Capital Accra Abuja

Population 24,233,431 152,217,34

GDP(ppp) $38.143 billion (2010 est) $374.323 billion(2010 est)

Per capita $1,600 $2,459

HDI (2010) 0.467(low) 0.511 (medium)

Comparison to the world 201 182
(per capita income)

Labor force 10.56 million (2010 est.) 48.33 million (2010 est.)

Distribution of income 39.4 43.7
(Gini index)

Inflation rate 10.9% 13.9%

Electricity - consumption: 5.702 billion kWh (2007 est.) 19.21 billion kWh (2007 est.)

More Info?
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ni.html
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/gh.html

[uote]
well your so called simple research has failed to list the percentage populace living below the poverty line in both countries 28% in ghana and an embarrassing 70% in nigeria. when people therefore make assertions that ghana is better than nigeria, they mean there is a high percentage of poverty or for that matter poor people in the midst of a wealthy nation than ghana also a wealthy nation by its own standards. refer to the very CIA facts page . you clearly are subjuctive in your choice of figures
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by chamber2(m): 10:09pm On Mar 26, 2011
[uote]
well your so called simple research has failed to list the percent[b]age populace living below the poverty line in both countries 28% in ghana and an embarrassing 70%[/b] in nigeria. when people therefore make assertions that ghana is better than nigeria, they mean there is a high percentage of poverty or for that matter poor people in the midst of a wealthy nation than ghana also a wealthy nation by its own standards. refer to the very CIA facts page . you clearly are subjuctive in your choice of figures

1.The HDI(human development Index) contains most of those factors.You can also search for GINI co efficient for the two countries.It will show you how equitably or otherwise income is distributed b/w the both countries.

2.Yes,i did not include all the reports in the CIA.I only picked important parameters and therefore provided the link for further information.But which ever way you look at it,Nigeria is definitely better than Ghana.

If i truly mean well for Nigeria,I shouldn't even be comparing her with Ghana.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by collinsfbi(m): 11:05am On Mar 27, 2011
Kai naija piple and their sense of delusion!
As a Nigerian, I consider this as insult, try to avoid insult next time when making a comparism. pls take note
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by steve13(m): 7:13am On Mar 28, 2011
How will sum one in his right senses compare ghana to nigeria?it dosent make any sense,nigeria is better than many countries that are better than ghana,I don't wanna talk much on this.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by PetroDolla: 11:40am On Mar 29, 2011
Collinsfbi, I guess it's all good when your people heap insults on Ghana on this forum, but very offensive when an 'inappropriate' comments are made about Nigerians,huh?

Now I will answer the fella who wasted space with that neblous CIA statistics.

Again it is all good to highlight the huge volume revenue accruable to the Nigerian state on account of massive oil sales. On paper, Nigeria looks good when the oil money is equitably shared among its 160million souls,or even applied in a manner that can develop the country.But we all  know very few Nigerians smell the oil money,huh? Goodluck will take his own, OBJ go take im share,IBB sef,plus Abdulsalami. Even sef Buhari,Danjuma and EK Clark dem all go take their share, plus the govs dem. How much of the money quoted by CIA gets to fix the roads,schools,hospitals and electricity that Nigerians desperately need? That is the crux of the matter,not some mundane statistics.

I still stand by what I said that more Ghanaians have access to potable water, electricity,motorable roads,health care,security,food etc than Nigerians. How else do you measure how a country or community is doing without refering to access to these basic amenities? Of course if it is about which of these countries has more mansions,limos and throws obscene parties,then I give it naija.But if it is about which of the two countries has a higher standard of living, then of course it is a no-contest,in my opinion.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by chamber2(m): 3:33pm On Mar 29, 2011
Collinsfbi, I guess it's all good when your people heap insults on Ghana on this forum, but very offensive when an 'inappropriate' comments are made about Nigerians,huh?

Now I will answer the fella who wasted space with that neblous CIA statistics.

Again it is all good to highlight the huge volume revenue accruable to the Nigerian state on account of massive oil sales. On paper, Nigeria looks good when the oil money is equitably shared among its 160million souls,or even applied in a manner that can develop the country.But we all know very few Nigerians smell the oil money,huh? Goodluck will take his own, OBJ go take im share,IBB sef,plus Abdulsalami. Even sef Buhari,Danjuma and EK Clark dem all go take their share, plus the govs dem. How much of the money quoted by CIA gets to fix the roads,schools,hospitals and electricity that Nigerians desperately need? That is the crux of the matter,not some mundane statistics.

I still stand by what I said that more Ghanaians have access to potable water, electricity,motorable roads,health care,security,food etc than Nigerians. How else do you measure how a country or community is doing without refering to access to these basic amenities? Of course if it is about which of these countries has more mansions,limos and throws obscene parties,then I give it naija.But if it is about which of the two countries has a higher standard of living, then of course it is a no-contest,in my opinion.

Your problem is that you seem to be ignorant of basic statistical measures.What is HDI and what does it measure?In your previous post you claimed that Ghana is faring better than Nigeria in all indices of development such as HDI,now you are changing your statement,claiming to have lost confidence in the indices which you once valued.Also, try and get the GINI value for the both countries and then compare the level of equity in income distribution.

The truth is that,Ghana was once a hopeless country,but now there seem to be some improvements over what it used to be and the whole world is happy for them.But that does not mean that Ghana is by any means comparable to Nigeria.I see Nigeria becoming the China and Japan of Africa.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by PetroDolla: 8:52pm On Mar 30, 2011
Chamber2, let me educate you on a few things. You said “Ghana was once a hopeless country.” Well, I can see that most Nigerians can’t get tired reminding Ghanaians of a regrettable episode in the history of that great country. Now listen, it doesn’t matter how often you fall, but the ability to get up and move on is what matters. Yes, Ghana ran into a very turbulent era in the late 70s,80s and 90s, and it is to the credit of all the beautiful and hard-working people of that great country that Ghana is back on its feet today. What you probably don’t know is that before Ghana fell on hard times, it had one of the best economies on the continent. Ask your compatriots who flooded Ghana in their millions in those good days. Governor Akala is one of them,Mike Awonyinfa is another. There are many,many Nigerians who today occupy top positions in your country who were born and spent their childhood in Ghana before the Busia govt booted most of them out. Trust me, Ghana was a very prosperous country in the 60s and mid-70s. Now as Nigerians mock Ghanaians for that sad chapter in their history, I hope you are praying that your own country does not fall on such hard times. In your typical haughty attitude, I can hear you say ‘tufiakwa’ it can’t happen. But if there is one country in the world today that could plunge into unbridled anarchy and collapse, it is Nigeria. With elections around the corner, you better get on your knees and prayer like you’d never done before. A got some very frightening statistics last night about the level of political violence in your country. I don’t give damn whether Nigeria is better than Ghana, as you are arguing. But so long as I know more Ghanaians have access to potable water, electricity,education,security,food, health care etc. I really don’t give a jack! You can wallow in your delusions for all you want. The people will always vote with their feet, and we all know where your people are going to these days.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by chamber2(m): 1:15am On Mar 31, 2011

Chamber2, let me educate you on a few things. You said “Ghana was once a hopeless country.” Well, I can see that most Nigerians can’t get tired reminding Ghanaians of a regrettable episode in the history of that great country. Now listen, it doesn’t matter how often you fall, but the ability to get up and move on is what matters. Yes, Ghana ran into a very turbulent era in the late 70s,80s and 90s, and it is to the credit of all the beautiful and hard-working people of that great country that Ghana is back on its feet today. What you probably don’t know is that before Ghana fell on hard times, it had one of the best economies on the continent. Ask your compatriots who flooded Ghana in their millions in those good days. Governor Akala is one of them,Mike Awonyinfa is another. There are many,many Nigerians who today occupy top positions in your country who were born and spent their childhood in Ghana before the Busia govt booted most of them out. Trust me, Ghana was a very prosperous country in the 60s and mid-70s. Now as Nigerians mock Ghanaians for that sad chapter in their history, I hope you are praying that your own country does not fall on such hard times. In your typical haughty attitude, I can hear you say ‘tufiakwa’ it can’t happen. But if there is one country in the world today that could plunge into unbridled anarchy and collapse, it is Nigeria. With elections around the corner, you better get on your knees and prayer like you’d never done before. A got some very frightening statistics last night about the level of political violence in your country. I don’t give damn whether Nigeria is better than Ghana, as you are arguing. But so long as I know more Ghanaians have access to potable water, electricity,education,security,food, health care etc. I really don’t give a jack! You can wallow in your delusions for all you want. The people will always vote with their feet, and we all know where your people are going to these days.

Well,it does not also matter where Nigeria is today,what matters is where she is going.Nigeria has lots of potentials which Ghana and Ghanians will only dream to have.The April election will come and go and Nigeria will keep on moving contrary to what your ''backyard'' statistics may have shown you.

But i tell you one thing,in the next few years to come you will definitely come here and withdraw your statement about the giant of Africa.We will beef up security at the borders so that Ghanians don't come in again as usual.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by PetroDolla: 9:33am On Mar 31, 2011
Abeg, let’s hear word o jare! We’ve been hearing about Nigeria’s potentials since ,  I guess it’s become a mantra for clueless bigots like you don’t even seem to see the direction your country is heading. Yes, we all pray Nigeria will remain one and thriving after the elections. But this will happen not because of anything Nigerians did to ensure that, but by the grace of God. It is only the mercy of God that is preserving your country because most of your people-including your rulers- frankly don’t care a hoot about your country.I've met several of them and know their mindset. Some of us are tired of the ‘Nigerian potential’ which exist in a few delusional minds. When will that ‘potential’ become a reality, for God’s sake?

Again, you don’t make sense when you say “We will beef up security at the borders so that Ghanaians don't come in again as usual”. Well, I really don’t know which part of the world you currently live, but it is not a secret that that tide changed long time ago and now Nigerians are flocking to Ghana every second. I guess you didn’t know that,huh? And did you say Nigeria is a giant? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, I don’t want to laugh this morning, Some giant indeed!

And do you have to go about telling people you are a giant? We know a giant when we see one.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by kabna(m): 7:49pm On Mar 31, 2011
chamber2:

1.The HDI(human development Index) contains most of those factors.You can also search for GINI co efficient for the two countries.It will show you how equitably or otherwise income is distributed b/w the both countries.

2.Yes,i did not include all the reports in the CIA.I only picked important parameters and therefore provided the link for further information.But which ever way you look at it,Nigeria is definitely better than Ghana.

If i truly mean well for Nigeria,I shouldn't even be comparing her with Ghana.

my friend i prefer to think that you are smart, for you to confidently claim superiority based on figures compiled by someone else is said. you are clearly defined by figures. when nigeria is noted as having the third highest cases of hiv in the world with perharps the highset level of inequality in the world you confidently defend your appalling state with figures that awe all know are clearly manipulated . so what will be your argument come two years when Ghana's oil production makes the statistics very better for her and surpasses yours. you need to exercise critical thinking and compare reality with reality than comparing statistic with statistics which more often than not are very different from situations on ground.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by chamber2(m): 8:20pm On Mar 31, 2011
my friend i prefer to think that you are smart, for you to confidently claim superiority based on figures compiled by someone else is said. you are clearly defined by figures. when nigeria is noted as having the third highest cases of hiv in the world with perharps the highset level of inequality in the world you confidently defend your appalling state with figures that awe all know are clearly manipulated . so what will be your argument come two years when Ghana's oil production makes the statistics very better for her and surpasses yours. you need to exercise critical thinking and compare reality with reality than comparing statistic with statistics which more often than not are very different from situations on ground.

You have made no sense,yes nothing sensible. Your friend from Ghana started the issue of statistics and I quoted available records.If you don't believe in records/statistics why then did you go to school?When you can easily learn your physics or chemistry from your environment.
Stop comparing Ghana with Nigeria,it makes no sense at all.Nigerians live better than Ghanians.Nigeria has the highest number of educated people in Africa,they attend the best schools in the world and are found in all most all professions.Nigeria has the 6th largest natural gas reserve in the world and tops 8th in OPEC oil production.Agriculture wise,Nigeria has among the highest arable farms in sub-Saharan Africa.Accra is only comparable to Calabar,which is just a state capital in Nigeria.Nigeria has the highest number of universities in sub=Saharan Africa with world class intellectuals.Nigerians are respected in the world of arts.Nigeria tops Ghana and every other country in sub Saharan Africa in the entertainment scene.Nigerian students are adjudged worldwide as being of superior intellectual standing when compared with their mates in other African countries.

I can only agree that Nigeria has some leadership issues to fix and we are not ignorant of that.Plans are on top gear to push the cabals out of power.

I can go on and on.These are the realities you r talking about right?
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by kabna(m): 12:29am On Apr 01, 2011
you lack the true meaning of education. the wholepoint of a degree( which am beginingt to doubt if u have any) is to be a critical thinker you do not confuse reality with figures. life is not about figures. yes stats are samples from reality but if you care to lnpw every statistics hypothesis is based on assumptions. it is these assumtions that makes every statistician use the figures only as a guide but not as authority. my friend u seriuosly lack critical thinking. you have only gone through education and come out as most people average.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by kabna(m): 12:37am On Apr 01, 2011
@chamber2 and what makes your ignorant self think ghanaians do not attend good schools in the world? highest no of educated people for where? in no may be yes but as a percentage per populace definately no no. boy u are at best half informed and at worst oblivious. you are very vain to think 6th largest gas reserves by itself translates into tangible impacts on peoples lives. dont you get it? the situation the ground does not match the potentail nigeria has. untill then nigeria isn;t in no shape or form better than ghana period. take it or leave it but the truth is absolute.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by reindeer: 7:06am On Apr 01, 2011
@Poster, why you dey compare villa to face me-i face you?
you dey compare jacuzzi to bathing by the river
dey compare Bentley to bicycle
abeg Nija no fit be like ghnana lai lai grin
Waterbed and rafia no dey the same league grin grin
Next time ask why nija no be like SA
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by chamber2(m): 2:21pm On Apr 01, 2011
you lack the true meaning of education. the wholepoint of a degree( which am beginingt to doubt if u have any) is to be a critical thinker you do not confuse reality with figures. life is not about figures. yes stats are samples from reality but if you care to lnpw [/b]every statistics hypothesis is based on assumptions. it is these [b]assumtions that makes every statistician use the figures only as a guide but not as authority. my friend u seriuosly lack critical thinking. you have only gone through education and come out as most people average.

You lack basic education.why couldn't you spell those words correctly?or were you not taught simple spelling rules while in primary school?Your expressions sound so incoherent,and yet your status reads ''UK.''
Statistics are detached from reality and are meant to aid decision making.I quoted simple statistical figures to guild our discussion, yet your poorly prepared brain wouldn't allow you recognise it's importance.As a ''graduate'' as you claimed,what evidence do you have to support your assertions?Note,90% of Nairalanders are super-intelligent people,they do not take YES to be an answer.So,you got to support whatever thing you claim with verifiable evidence.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by kabna(m): 3:02pm On Apr 02, 2011
chamber2:

You lack basic education.why couldn't you spell those words correctly?or were you not taught simple spelling rules while in primary school?Your expressions sound so incoherent,and yet your status reads ''UK.''
Statistics are detached from reality and are meant to aid decision making.I quoted simple statistical figures to guild our discussion, yet your poorly prepared brain wouldn't allow you recognise it's importance.As a ''graduate'' as you claimed,what evidence do you have to support your assertions?Note,90% of Nairalanders are super-intelligent people,they do not take YES to be an answer.So,you got to support whatever thing you claim with verifiable evidence.

have you ever wondered that this is a social forum and for that matter writing here is no academic exercise thereore one can use any form of writing as long as your readers can comprehend what you are writing. I must say you are very stupid to think not answering yes even to what makes sense means you are intelligent. on the contrary it reveals your ignorant arrogant nature. niaralanders and for that matter nigerians intelligent than all sub saharan africans? on which planet.
Bush egoistic man who does not have the ability to separate reality from fiction or faction. undiscerning low level man who thinks he has to claim superiority to affirm his identity. i pity you
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by kabna(m): 3:18pm On Apr 02, 2011
@chambers. My expressions are very consistent with my thoughts. for you, you lack the capacity to reason laterally. for you everything has to be black or white. That is why you will claim superiority with statistics neglecting the deep suffering of your own people. comparing figures which are largely inconclusive to the subject matter. and boy dare not compare your bush self to moi. we are not in the same class. sorry mate. you are as i stated earlier at best half educated and at worst ignorantly arrogant.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by chamber2(m): 3:19pm On Apr 02, 2011
have you ever wondered that this is a social forum and for that matter writing here is no academic exercise thereore one can use any form of writing as long as your readers can comprehend what you are writing. I must say you are very silly to think not answering yes even to what makes sense means you are intelligent. on the contrary it reveals your ignorant arrogant nature. niaralanders and for that matter nigerians intelligent than all sub saharan africans? on which planet.
Bush egoistic man who does not have the ability to separate reality from fiction or faction. undiscerning low level man who thinks he has to claim superiority to affirm his identity. i pity you

hahaha,let me tell you,because this is a social forum does not mean you have to continuously make grammatical blunders.For your information,I and most readers here find it very difficult reading meanings into your post.You are even unable to convince me on how Ghana is better than Nigeria,both in fact and fiction.So,no need wasting my time with an intellectual deficient slowpoke like you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerians In UAE Say They Are Being Forced To Leave Today / Photo Of The Bus Driver Involved In Fatal Accident That Killed 8 Edo Indigenes. / Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.