Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,039 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

'Port Harcourt Is Not Safe': Man Who Saved A Girl From Rape Attacked (Graphic) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 'Port Harcourt Is Not Safe': Man Who Saved A Girl From Rape Attacked (Graphic) (44595 Views)

Herdsmen Slit Man’s Throat For Attempting To Save Sister From Rape (photo) / Man Killed In Zamfara While Trying To Protect Wife From Rape On Wedding Night / 17-Year-Old Girl From Delta, Trafficked To Mali For Prostitution Is Stranded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Port Harcourt Is Not Safe': Man Who Saved A Girl From Rape Attacked (Graphic) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:38pm On Dec 20, 2018
snowking:
My brother bayelsa is worse o, even on a broad Day light with a police check point the rob you and nothing happens.. Ask about Tombia roundabout
That is serious! shocked shocked
Re: 'Port Harcourt Is Not Safe': Man Who Saved A Girl From Rape Attacked (Graphic) by mmadu5(m): 7:48pm On Dec 20, 2018
Leave ph come to Ghana and enjoy peaceful life

1 Like

Re: 'Port Harcourt Is Not Safe': Man Who Saved A Girl From Rape Attacked (Graphic) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 20, 2018
Residents of port Harcourt are not helping matters. You avoid late nights, they figured that out and started robbing you in broad day light. Then the best residents could think of is mind your own business while the nearest passer by gets robbed.

Y'all don't know you are giving these animals more power. What they will do next will shock you. By the time they start to knock from door to door after sending text messages to each residents from street to street, una eye go open.

5 Likes

Re: 'Port Harcourt Is Not Safe': Man Who Saved A Girl From Rape Attacked (Graphic) by walesho(m): 7:57pm On Dec 20, 2018
post=74029289:

That is serious! shocked shocked

You are right oooo, because I serve there

1 Like

Re: 'Port Harcourt Is Not Safe': Man Who Saved A Girl From Rape Attacked (Graphic) by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 8:09pm On Dec 20, 2018
mineANDurs:
Lots of men are turning into beasts. Watch how they will shift the blame to the girl for attending the night show.
As long as they are concerned, women should hide in their homes to avoid rape.
Everyone has the right to free movement at time of the day.
WE ARE HUMANS NOT ANIMALS.

The country ain't safe for now,stay in ur father's house .He/she who has ears,let him/her hear.
Re: 'Port Harcourt Is Not Safe': Man Who Saved A Girl From Rape Attacked (Graphic) by JastSiryin(m): 8:38pm On Dec 20, 2018
Slynation:
This guy is lucky....
A lot have died trying to form superman in cases like this, Just don't try it next time, a responsible girl will stay at home latest 6pm!!
What do you mean by "responsible"... What about those who have to stay out late because of work? Or those going for a religious event, are they also irresponsible? . We're gradually letting evil people dictate how we live our lives and you're here talking responsible instead aiming the blame at those in charge of ensuring our collective safety.

4 Likes

Re: 'Port Harcourt Is Not Safe': Man Who Saved A Girl From Rape Attacked (Graphic) by trexzee: 8:42pm On Dec 20, 2018
quentin06:
sorry bros, but only lunatics and criminals seek night life in ph, the streets arent safe when its 6pm, even policemen dont venture out anyhow when its 6.
Wow, this is sad and I'll be staying there for a year
Re: 'Port Harcourt Is Not Safe': Man Who Saved A Girl From Rape Attacked (Graphic) by passey: 8:44pm On Dec 20, 2018
Valerie47:
So she shouldn't go out in the night cause rapists Like you are on the loose!

Please PH is not your ideal city ooo. And his advice is valid not because he is a rapist but that is the reality in PH. We all have codedly designed self imposed curfews to remain alive.
You go out in the night at your own peril. It is not a matter of human rights. Na person wey dey alive dey get right to movement.

This is a city where police, cultists, kidnappers, ritualists, community boys and thieves can target innocent folks for gruesome crimes and robbery!

3 Likes

Re: 'Port Harcourt Is Not Safe': Man Who Saved A Girl From Rape Attacked (Graphic) by passey: 8:54pm On Dec 20, 2018
koyyes:
Residents of port Harcourt are not helping matters. You avoid late nights, they figured that out and started robbing you in broad day light. Then the best residents could think of is mind your own business while the nearest passer by gets robbed.

Y'all don't know you are giving these animals more power. What they will do next will shock you. By the time they start to knock from door to door after sending text messages to each residents from street to street, una eye go open.

My dear leave grammar, it is hot in PH and survival is the number one rule! When you self become resident there nobody go show you road... Eye go clear you!

1 Like

Re: 'Port Harcourt Is Not Safe': Man Who Saved A Girl From Rape Attacked (Graphic) by Gerrard59(m): 8:56pm On Dec 20, 2018
Not surprised at all. When I resided there, it was the same phenomenon. The city nay the state has more than enough potentials to be an El-dorado but her leaders abi rulers have ruined it coupled with the bellicose nature of the indigenes. An average Ijaw or Ikewerre person is naturally belligerent and cacophonous.

I'm yet to see a relatively peaceful state and capital city in the south south like Akwa Ibom and Uyo. Unfortunately, Akpabio and his cohorts are bent on introducing that pugnacious model to the state.

4 Likes

Re: 'Port Harcourt Is Not Safe': Man Who Saved A Girl From Rape Attacked (Graphic) by anibi9674: 9:03pm On Dec 20, 2018
saying port Harcourt is not safe is not true.
Re: 'Port Harcourt Is Not Safe': Man Who Saved A Girl From Rape Attacked (Graphic) by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 20, 2018
passey:

My dear leave grammar, it is hot in PH and survival is the number one rule! When you self become resident there nobody go show you road... Eye go clear you!

Survival? Did you read my comment well at all? From the look of things, sane people won't be able to survive there at all. They will have to abandone their jobs, businesses and properties.

Is that what you want?
Re: 'Port Harcourt Is Not Safe': Man Who Saved A Girl From Rape Attacked (Graphic) by otokx(m): 9:15pm On Dec 20, 2018
The good thing about the security situation in PH is rarely do innocent bystanders get killed though they may be traumatized.

2 Likes

Re: 'Port Harcourt Is Not Safe': Man Who Saved A Girl From Rape Attacked (Graphic) by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:49pm On Dec 20, 2018
What does one expect from a state governed by wicked wike?
Re: 'Port Harcourt Is Not Safe': Man Who Saved A Girl From Rape Attacked (Graphic) by Friend01(m): 10:05pm On Dec 20, 2018
davibid:
Nigeria is turning into a den of cultists, ritualists, yahooing (419), rapists, suicid bombers etc

Nigeria which way? cry

PH these days is something else.
It is like a daily dosage of killings by cultist here and there.
Ameachi, Wike and other top politicians from that state should find a way of ridding off this malaise that has taken over the place once known as the 'garden city.'

1 Like

Re: 'Port Harcourt Is Not Safe': Man Who Saved A Girl From Rape Attacked (Graphic) by Friend01(m): 10:07pm On Dec 20, 2018
VictorRomanov:

Used to think you were balanced and reasonable.

I now know better.

My bros, He is right on this and what he said is reasonable.
Terrorism aside, PH is now like a killing zone were youths are now competing for number of death.
It is sad.
Re: 'Port Harcourt Is Not Safe': Man Who Saved A Girl From Rape Attacked (Graphic) by maxzzo1(m): 10:14pm On Dec 20, 2018
Stupidity is any where safe in Nigeria What happen to Badeh?
Re: 'Port Harcourt Is Not Safe': Man Who Saved A Girl From Rape Attacked (Graphic) by aadoiza: 10:18pm On Dec 20, 2018
abdulkayus:
Na wa oooo, and yet some people will open their mouth to be abusing and cursing the North up and down. I have said it and keep on saying it, North is far more secure than many states and cities in the south. Apart from boko haram issue in the extreme part of borno state, most state in the North are super safe.
Imagine on this thread, people saying that once it is 6pm, everyone should be home and not got out. Lol. Hahaha hahaha hahaha haha, when in kano here, 6pm is still like afternoon where everyone is moving around freely and some business moving on. Sometimes I do go home around 10 or 11pm without any fear of anything.
Last week, had a friend that travel to neighbouring Zaria around 9pm for pepper business and come back around 2am,without any hitches or fear of anything.
Omo, we dey e joy for this north oooo.
Guy, I have loved the North ever since my NYSC days in gida dubu, dutse, jigawa. Kano is actually my target, just don't know how to relocate there.
Re: 'Port Harcourt Is Not Safe': Man Who Saved A Girl From Rape Attacked (Graphic) by Platony(m): 10:57pm On Dec 20, 2018
temmypotter:
To think about how I spent the whole year as a Corper in that city and didn't get my stuff snatched even once still baffles me.

Some months back while I was still serving, I was in a cab enroute rumuola when we passed the corpse of a young man just there killed that very morning and everyone was walking past like "its a normal thing"

I froze bro

I know personally three people whose phones and valuables were snatched from them at that ogbunabali garrison area

Me too,...I stayed in ph for close to 3 decades, its a nice place to stay depending on d area.
.....PH is a 9ice place to stay if u mind ur biz and d way u move about,..d areas u go to, d pple u relate wit. Dnt kip late nites especially if u dnt av a valid ID & a private car or a reliable cab guy.

Beautiful & Lively PHC..

I LOVE PH CITY. smiley wink

1 Like

Re: 'Port Harcourt Is Not Safe': Man Who Saved A Girl From Rape Attacked (Graphic) by abdulkayus(m): 10:59pm On Dec 20, 2018
aadoiza:

Guy, I have loved the North ever since my NYSC days in gida dubu, dutse, jigawa. Kano is actually my target, just don't know how to relocate there.

U can relocate if you want. Business is moving on very fine. There are many cosmopolitan areas u can stay if u don't want to stay in core Hausa areas. Housing is cheap, cost of living is OK and security is guaranteed.
Re: 'Port Harcourt Is Not Safe': Man Who Saved A Girl From Rape Attacked (Graphic) by aadoiza: 11:15pm On Dec 20, 2018
abdulkayus:

U can relocate if you want. Business is moving on very fine. There are many cosmopolitan areas u can stay if u don't want to stay in core Hausa areas. Housing is cheap, cost of living is OK and security is guaranteed.

Of course I'm aware of the good security the North has got to offer. I'm getting some training in auto repair, but don't know if Kano would be a great place to launch myself in this new career path of mine.
Re: 'Port Harcourt Is Not Safe': Man Who Saved A Girl From Rape Attacked (Graphic) by MurphyTheory99(m): 12:28am On Dec 21, 2018
Some are saying no where is safe in 9ja just to shift blame that it not wike government fault but buhari. Very sad indeed.

1 Like

Re: 'Port Harcourt Is Not Safe': Man Who Saved A Girl From Rape Attacked (Graphic) by 11doubledee: 1:31am On Dec 21, 2018
mineANDurs:
Lots of men are turning into beasts. Watch how they will shift the blame to the girl for attending the night show.
As long as they are concerned, women should hide in their homes to avoid rape.
Everyone has the right to free movement at time of the day.
WE ARE HUMANS NOT ANIMALS.
Sis dis is not US or Europe.This is PH.
I thought those in Rome act like Romans.
Re: 'Port Harcourt Is Not Safe': Man Who Saved A Girl From Rape Attacked (Graphic) by lonelydora: 1:32am On Dec 21, 2018
post=74024743:
The most DANGEROUS state in Nigeria.
We wonder how many people get killed there on a daily basis!
May God keep protecting his own people o!

Many people lose their lives on daily basis. In one week, 7 people have been gunned down in broad daylight around my area.

1 Like

Re: 'Port Harcourt Is Not Safe': Man Who Saved A Girl From Rape Attacked (Graphic) by dabiton: 1:43am On Dec 21, 2018
koyyes:

Survival? Did you read my comment well at all? From the look of things, sane people won't be able to survive there at all. They will have to abandone their jobs, businesses and properties.

Is that what you want?

Sane people live there but with lots of caution. Survival in this context means trying as much as possible to avoid trouble and live to keep on pursuing your business. How exactly do you think normal folks without weapons can confront cultists that can start a gun fight when ManU beats arsenal?
You try to avoid wahala so that you can continue your hustle, I guess. It is bad and sometimes these crimes are committed by security agents.
The system there enables the behavior and the criminals usually rise on the economic ladder. So for them, crime pays.
Re: 'Port Harcourt Is Not Safe': Man Who Saved A Girl From Rape Attacked (Graphic) by Nobody: 5:34am On Dec 21, 2018
trexzee:

Wow, this is sad and I'll be staying there for a year

avoid night life ,dont follow their girls unless you want your head in a basket.

1 Like

Re: 'Port Harcourt Is Not Safe': Man Who Saved A Girl From Rape Attacked (Graphic) by Nobody: 5:36am On Dec 21, 2018
koyyes:

that the mind set here, i dont care mindset, they re so full of themselves yet empty upstairs, just have to live with it.
Re: 'Port Harcourt Is Not Safe': Man Who Saved A Girl From Rape Attacked (Graphic) by Nobody: 5:40am On Dec 21, 2018
JastSiryin:
What do you mean by "responsible"... What about those who have to stay out late because of work? Or those going for a religious event, are they also irresponsible? . We're gradually letting evil people dictate how we live our lives and you're here talking responsible instead aiming the blame at those in charge of ensuring our collective safety.

which religious events, most of the persons carrying out these acts are pastors, church workers, they collect your personal details and profile you for attack, areas where these vice happens are populated with churches, avoid nights o, you ve been warned.
Re: 'Port Harcourt Is Not Safe': Man Who Saved A Girl From Rape Attacked (Graphic) by VictorRomanov: 5:52am On Dec 21, 2018
Friend01:

My bros, He is right on this and what he said is reasonable.
Terrorism aside, PH is now like a killing zone were youths are now competing for number of death.
It is sad.

Guy, I live in PH, work here and all what know. I should know it better than someone who doesn't live in the state.

We are not scared of walking in crowded place because some suicide bombers will blow themselves up, or someone would open fire on people drinking in a bar or that some loony would drive his struck into innocent people. It is the usual crime that every major city experience.

Granted there cult clashes in rural communities, but that is common in most Niger Delta communities. We ve heard news of beheading in rural communities in cross river state. Would you now say the state is the most dangerous?

Politics shouldnt make us not have sense. Please.
Re: 'Port Harcourt Is Not Safe': Man Who Saved A Girl From Rape Attacked (Graphic) by mikolo4us: 6:56am On Dec 21, 2018
Aro mate @work...
Re: 'Port Harcourt Is Not Safe': Man Who Saved A Girl From Rape Attacked (Graphic) by Friend01(m): 8:49am On Dec 21, 2018
VictorRomanov:

Guy, I live in PH, work here and all what know. I should know it better than someone who doesn't live in the state.

We are not scared of walking in crowded place because some suicide bombers will blow themselves up, or someone would open fire on people drinking in a bar or that some loony would drive his struck into innocent people. It is the usual crime that every major city experience.

Granted there cult clashes in rural communities, but that is common in most Niger Delta communities. We ve heard news of beheading in rural communities in cross river state. Would you now say the state is the most dangerous?

Politics shouldnt make us not have sense. Please.

PH is a big city and we can't use your own claim as the conclusive answer to what is happening there when people from the same place are complaining,even news coming from that end is not even helping matters.
In all, we pray for safety for everyone over there.
But the state government need to do more to curb this malaise.
Re: 'Port Harcourt Is Not Safe': Man Who Saved A Girl From Rape Attacked (Graphic) by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 21, 2018
mvem:
...you are an idiot...
young man you are the greater idiot!! What kind of people do you expect to see in nightclubs surely touts, cultist etc? Nigeria youth and double standard, you want to be like Zuckerberg, ben Carsey, Barack Obama but you invest most of your time in frivolities.Useless yahoo guy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Two Airforce Officers Arrested For Locking Boy In Car Boot (pictured) / Henry Chibueze Aka Vampire Killed At Last / "I Prefer Little Girls To Satisfy My Urge" - Arrested 25 Year Old Pedophile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.