Stats: 3,150,693 members, 7,809,619 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

I Am A Nigerian Cybersecurity expert In The US, Ask Me Anything - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Am A Nigerian Cybersecurity expert In The US, Ask Me Anything (18866 Views)

How To Begin A Career In Cybersecurity Without Previous Knowledge / Free Cybersecurity Course Worth N240,000 offered by ICSI UK / CyberSecurity: GRC, CYSA+, AWS, CCSK, CCSP, CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CISM (2) (3) (4)

Re: I Am A Nigerian Cybersecurity expert In The US, Ask Me Anything by erjo: 5:27am On Jan 08, 2022
Ayodejioak:

Absolutely. Shoot me an email.
On a high level, actually working on virtual mentorship project, incase you or anyone else is willing to jump on the bandwagon. Ideas welcome!

Re: I Am A Nigerian Cybersecurity expert In The US, Ask Me Anything by erjo: 5:30am On Jan 08, 2022
Ayodejioak:

On a high level, actually working on virtual mentorship project, incase you or anyone else is willing to jump on the bandwagon. Ideas welcome!

Have messaged you
Re: I Am A Nigerian Cybersecurity expert In The US, Ask Me Anything by erjo: 9:47pm On Jan 09, 2022
Ayodejioak:

Hello bro. You haven't replied my mail
Re: I Am A Nigerian Cybersecurity expert In The US, Ask Me Anything by naifykendo: 10:33am On Feb 06, 2022
Please how long does it take to learn cyber security and does it permit one to get a remote job/work remotely?
Re: I Am A Nigerian Cybersecurity expert In The US, Ask Me Anything by ifec92: 1:39pm On Feb 08, 2022
Good day op
Please don’t mind me as I’ll like to be plain and that might make me sound like a child

I studied computer science but I’ll be sincere with you, it was not exciting as we only read to pass the exams! Coupled with me not being very serious, our lecturers back then didn’t make it fun .No practicals whatsoever!! This made me lose so much interest in programming..

After school , didn’t do any I.t job up till now but really wish to go into I.T

Now I’m being given an offer to study MSc cybersecurity in the uk later this year, I really don’t know my capacity yet but I want to ask if I should go for it and if I can blend well or can I change the course to more easy one while I try to develop myself on the cybersecurity path via udemy and cybrary you mentioned earlier…. Please just advise me on what to do
I just feel I’m wasting away .. ��‍♂️��‍♂️
Re: I Am A Nigerian Cybersecurity expert In The US, Ask Me Anything by Tinoh21(m): 7:25am On Feb 09, 2022
I need a guide on courses to learn under Cybersecurity. I've completed Cybersecurity Awareness and Innovation on Coursera.
What next should i study?
Re: I Am A Nigerian Cybersecurity expert In The US, Ask Me Anything by Nobody: 7:50am On Feb 13, 2022
ifec92:
Good day op
Please don’t mind me as I’ll like to be plain and that might make me sound like a child

I studied computer science but I’ll be sincere with you, it was not exciting as we only read to pass the exams! Coupled with me not being very serious, our lecturers back then didn’t make it fun .No practicals whatsoever!! This made me lose so much interest in programming..

After school , didn’t do any I.t job up till now but really wish to go into I.T

Now I’m being given an offer to study MSc cybersecurity in the uk later this year, I really don’t know my capacity yet but I want to ask if I should go for it and if I can blend well or can I change the course to more easy one while I try to develop myself on the cybersecurity path via udemy and cybrary you mentioned earlier…. Please just advise me on what to do
I just feel I’m wasting away .. ��‍♂️��‍♂️

Since you have an interest in cybersecurity and you have an offer for later this year, I would advise you go to Cybrary.it, the bulk of their cybersecurity courses are free, even the subscriptions are cheap too. Start by taking the course “Introduction to IT and Cybersecurity” on Cybrary. It is one of the best online platform for cybersecurity training.
They also have hands-on-skills training too but you would have to subscribe to access those like $24 monthly or so.

YouTube is also great, look for Professor Messer, he does study groups on CompTIA A+, N+ and Security+

Re: I Am A Nigerian Cybersecurity expert In The US, Ask Me Anything by Nobody: 7:56am On Feb 13, 2022
Tinoh21:
I need a guide on courses to learn under Cybersecurity. I've completed Cybersecurity Awareness and Innovation on Coursera.
What next should i study?
Cybersecurity is broad, it has a lot of areas under it. Which one you should go for determines what catches your fancy.

There is the Technical aspect of Cybersecurity and we also have the GRC(Governance, Risk and Compliance)
Under the technical aspect, we have areas like: Penetration Testing, Incidence Responder, Cybersecurity engineer, SOC analyst, security analyst and so on. Under GRC, we have the Audit guys, risk analysts and so on. Theirs is just to make sure the technical guys are complying with the organizational policies and procedures and other auditing stuffs.

Browse through each of these areas online and see which one you have interest in, you can check the job roles on each of them too.
Re: I Am A Nigerian Cybersecurity expert In The US, Ask Me Anything by ifec92: 5:34am On Feb 14, 2022
Simran94:

Since you have an interest in cybersecurity and you have an offer for later this year, I would advise you go to Cybrary.it, the bulk of their cybersecurity courses are free, even the subscriptions are cheap too. Start by taking the course “Introduction to IT and Cybersecurity” on Cybrary. It is one of the best online platform for cybersecurity training.
They also have hands-on-skills training too but you would have to subscribe to access those like $24 monthly or so.

YouTube is also great, look for Professor Messer, he does study groups on CompTIA A+, N+ and Security+

Thank you so much for this piece…God will bless you

Re: I Am A Nigerian Cybersecurity expert In The US, Ask Me Anything by Sarang(f): 3:42am On Feb 16, 2022
Ayodejioak:

I am interested.
I sent a pm
Re: I Am A Nigerian Cybersecurity expert In The US, Ask Me Anything by Brooke60(f): 3:10pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ayodejioak:

Hi, I just started my journey into cyber security, been reading & watching videos on YT. I have my first cert from Cisco too. I plan to go for masters in Cyber Security soon even though I studied English as first degree. Do you think it will work? Any advice for me please?
Re: I Am A Nigerian Cybersecurity expert In The US, Ask Me Anything by Timshin(f): 10:16pm On Apr 07, 2022
Hey, Ay good evening...please i just sent you a mail...am having issues with my studies in cyber security and i need to talk to you privately..Thanks

It's just another day here, working within the Blue team of one of America's largest IT firm, downing my Cheetos and my Maltina ($6 per bottle).

I stopped biting, ask me anything!!

Cc: lalasticlala, 1forall, CrazyMan[/quote]
Re: I Am A Nigerian Cybersecurity expert In The US, Ask Me Anything by Timshin(f): 10:17pm On Apr 07, 2022
[color=#006600][/color]
Timshin:
Hey, Ay good evening...please i just sent you a mail...am having issues with my studies in cyber security and i need to talk to you privately..Thanks

It's just another day here, working within the Blue team of one of America's largest IT firm, downing my Cheetos and my Maltina ($6 per bottle).

I stopped biting, ask me anything!!

Cc: lalasticlala, 1forall, CrazyMan
Re: I Am A Nigerian Cybersecurity expert In The US, Ask Me Anything by Timshin(f): 10:18pm On Apr 07, 2022
[/color]
Timshin:
[color=#006600]
Re: I Am A Nigerian Cybersecurity expert In The US, Ask Me Anything by Prettyy: 9:46am On May 02, 2022
Pass your IT certification exam

Re: I Am A Nigerian Cybersecurity expert In The US, Ask Me Anything by Yohans(m): 12:33pm On May 02, 2022
Brooke60:
Hi, I just started my journey into cyber security, been reading & watching videos on YT. I have my first cert from Cisco too. I plan to go for masters in Cyber Security soon even though I studied English as first degree. Do you think it will work? Any advice for me please?
It will work, just search online for schools that give admissions for Msc in cybersec to students from a non IT background and I'm sure you'll find tons of them.
Re: I Am A Nigerian Cybersecurity expert In The US, Ask Me Anything by justBreathe: 6:16pm On May 31, 2022
Ayodejioak:

Splendid idea..

Will this be free for students, please?
Re: I Am A Nigerian Cybersecurity expert In The US, Ask Me Anything by DEBUU: 9:14pm On May 31, 2022
Following
Re: I Am A Nigerian Cybersecurity expert In The US, Ask Me Anything by wowmagonline: 8:08am On Jun 21, 2022
How much does USA cybersecurity earn monthly

Check this link below to see that of nigeria
Re: I Am A Nigerian Cybersecurity expert In The US, Ask Me Anything by wowmagonline: 8:09am On Jun 21, 2022
How much does USA cybersecurity earn monthly

Check this link below to see that of nigeria

https://www.techlecturer.com/cyber-security-salary-in-nigeria/
Re: I Am A Nigerian Cybersecurity expert In The US, Ask Me Anything by depoty: 11:23am On Aug 19, 2022
For your Cyber Security Training and SEIM for your organization talk to ERP Software Management Pty Ltd.

Businesses Have Become Bigger Targets For Cyber Criminals Because They Have Fewer Defense Resources To Protect Mission Critical Applications.

The first step for organizations to maintain cyberspace security is an awareness and understanding of cyber vulnerabilities. This empowers organizations to implement effective controls in order to mitigate risks in their organization.

Our Team of expert are CISM, CISA,ISO, CEH certified and experience in Cyber Security.

"Our domain expertise, process management skills and change management capabilities provides customized solutions to help YOU gain competitive edge"

For demonstration and more information
Web: www.erpsm.co.za
Email: info@erpsm.co.za
WhatsApp: +27787544267

Office address:
Innovation Worx, Scale End , Halfway House Estate
Midrand, South Africa.

Re: I Am A Nigerian Cybersecurity expert In The US, Ask Me Anything by Okoliogechi: 8:57am On Dec 15, 2022
Ayodejioak:

Great question.
Most tribe have a saying that translates to the fact that every bad has an iota of goodness. That being said, I do more of giving out tips, tricks and fastest routes rather than bore you with epistle.

1. Enrol in a school (community colleges are way cheap) and major in CS - computer science.

Can I major in Information technology?

2. While in school, start preparing for your entry level certifications ( CCNA, CompTIA N+ etc). The interesting fact is how your classes will overlap with some 80% of the certification coursework.

I ll be digging deep very soon!
Re: I Am A Nigerian Cybersecurity expert In The US, Ask Me Anything by CBNwords(m): 11:47am On Dec 15, 2022
Brooke60:

I'm in this same shoe as you too. I read English but planning to move to the UK for MSc in cybersecurity. My question to all who are already experienced in this is "IS CYBER SECURITY A GOOD PAYING CAREER?" I'm hearing people chanting praise songs more on data science
Re: I Am A Nigerian Cybersecurity expert In The US, Ask Me Anything by SayNo2SmallPrik: 9:41pm On Jul 03, 2023
CBNwords:

I'm in this same shoe as you too. I read English but planning to move to the UK for MSc in cybersecurity. My question to all who are already experienced in this is "IS CYBER SECURITY A GOOD PAYING CAREER?" I'm hearing people chanting praise songs more on data science
Na good salary you dey find. You think CybSec na bread and beans
Re: I Am A Nigerian Cybersecurity expert In The US, Ask Me Anything by CBNwords(m): 5:47am On Jul 04, 2023
SayNo2SmallPrik:

Na good salary you dey find. You think CybSec na bread and beans

Lols, I got an unconditional cyber security offer @Chester, na the money wey I never fit gather. I've been practising cyber security for quite a long time now as an Cyber security awareness team lead, so I know what I'm venturing into bro. But in all, no matter how we try to cover it, income is a determinant why we want to up skill and each for better place.

How Much Was The First Salary You Ever Earned? / Questions A Job Seeker Shouldn't Ask In An Interview. / Customs Remove HND Dichotomy, Promote 3487 Officers