Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,697 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Our Teens, Their Dressing, A Moral Decadence, Who Do We Blame? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Our Teens, Their Dressing, A Moral Decadence, Who Do We Blame? (19215 Views)

Moral Decadence Of Ladies / Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? / What Can We Say About Moral Decadence In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Teens, Their Dressing, A Moral Decadence, Who Do We Blame? by skeed19: 8:15am On Aug 05, 2010
My people,
i tell you of a truth, i cried yesterday when i saw a girl whose parents bearly fed well, dressed with half of her bosom outside, the trousers she wore is such that the furos of her buttocks was out, with beads, and a terrible scaring make-up, and i heard the mother saying, have a great day my sweet daughter.
My people have you observed how our children have gone mad with dressing? some they call show me your bosom, low-weast, hot bosoms, etc, please who is to blame for this societal stigma, that has brought about a moral decadence in our society? sometimes u even see some old women dressing in a seductive manner, please whats all these odd dressings for? parents, teens, youths, please comment. Who si to blame? the parents, society, peer pressure, etc, who?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Teens, Their Dressing, A Moral Decadence, Who Do We Blame? by invisible2(m): 8:29am On Aug 05, 2010
Too much TV, very busy parents like mums who work in banks.
Re: Our Teens, Their Dressing, A Moral Decadence, Who Do We Blame? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 05, 2010
That's a good question. Some girls wear revealing clothing to impress the guys. And some
just want to look good, but they don't realize that they look slutty. Who is to be blame?
well blame the fashion industry undecided It's the recent fashion amongst teens and young adults
now and it's still going to be around for a while.

In conclusion, Some women wear revealing clothes coz it's their style thats what
they like to wear.

P.S there are more important issues to stress about. Like global warming, and environmental issues.
I would care less what other people wear really, as long as it doesn't directly affect me.
Re: Our Teens, Their Dressing, A Moral Decadence, Who Do We Blame? by Sissy3(f): 1:15am On Aug 06, 2010
i cried yesterday when i saw a girl whose parents bearly fed well, dressed with half of her bosom outside, the trousers she wore is such that the furos of her buttocks was out, with beads, and a terrible scaring make-up, and i heard the mother saying, have a great day my sweet daughter.

story.
Re: Our Teens, Their Dressing, A Moral Decadence, Who Do We Blame? by Nobody: 1:21am On Aug 06, 2010
~Sissy~:

story.

Lol, I might see the girl now and not see what the big deal is all about. That's the irony of talks like this.
Re: Our Teens, Their Dressing, A Moral Decadence, Who Do We Blame? by Nwaka77: 3:28am On Aug 06, 2010
@Poster

Why do you care and how does one's dressing affect the price of fish in the market? Here in America some teens also dress revealing but do you see American society loosing sleep over it? Have you finished wondering why in this 21st century, in the year 2010 you people back in Naija are still living like cave men and women without electricity and lack of basic infrastructure? And you are here loosing sleep over how people dress! Talk about misplaced priorities! angry

4 Likes

Re: Our Teens, Their Dressing, A Moral Decadence, Who Do We Blame? by LadyDee1(f): 2:42pm On Aug 06, 2010
skeed19:

My people,
i tell you of a truth, i cried yesterday when i saw a girl whose parents bearly fed well, dressed with half of her bosom outside, the trousers she wore is such that the furos of her buttocks was out, with beads, and a terrible scaring make-up, and i heard the mother saying, have a great day my sweet daughter.
My people have you observed how our children have gone mad with dressing? some they call show me your bosom, low-weast, hot bosoms, etc, please who is to blame for this societal stigma, that has brought about a moral decadence in our society? sometimes u even see some old women dressing in a seductive manner, please whats all these odd dressings for? parents, teens, youths, please comment. Who si to blame? the parents, society, peer pressure, etc, who?

The parents are to blame. Simple.
If I had a 10 year old dressing like that, abi i go siddown watch am?

Parents need to start from day 1 but unfortunatly when the kids have already grown thats when they think they can start with the morals talk,
Too late, damage has been done undecided undecided
YES, society and peers can be an influence but not if you have parents who have taught you and shown you otherwise.
Re: Our Teens, Their Dressing, A Moral Decadence, Who Do We Blame? by skeed19: 4:08pm On Aug 06, 2010
@Nwaka77, if truelly you have ever left the sores of Nigeria, good for you, the way you talk, i see gross imaturity in you, see never mind your nationality, as long as u are black, you are an African, so stop decieving urself.
@Sissy, no one begged you to contribute here, if you don't like a post kindly go.
i really dislike people who don't use their brains to reason, this is a post that affects our societal norms and culture, we have watched our kids driffed from our culture and here some funny people are buy calling a poison chemical.
Please some of you need to check your brains.

1 Like

Re: Our Teens, Their Dressing, A Moral Decadence, Who Do We Blame? by Sissy3(f): 11:44pm On Aug 06, 2010
skeed19:

@Sissy, no one begged you to contribute here, if you don't like a post kindly go.
i really dislike people who don't use their brains to reason, this is a post that affects our societal norms and culture, we have watched our kids driffed from our culture and here some funny people are buy calling a poison chemical.
Please some of you need to check your brains.

LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Our Teens, Their Dressing, A Moral Decadence, Who Do We Blame? by mutter(f): 2:32am On Aug 07, 2010
I let my kids dress modern but not indecent.
I would never tolerate certain things ad my kids are aware about it.
I don`t let my girls wear high heels, and make up.
Maybe when there is a special occasion, then decent make up, that one does not notice, no lipstick etc.
I don`t let my boys go showing their boxer shorts halfway angry

1 Like

Re: Our Teens, Their Dressing, A Moral Decadence, Who Do We Blame? by adim2(m): 4:25am On Aug 07, 2010
@poster

You have done a great job. Our people talk say na small shit dey spoil yash. some people just because dem dey outside go forget say been be blacks, dem go wan copy oyinbo, dem go forget wetin oyinbo do us and still dey do us. still oyinbo no accept them.

At this time, what could be more pressing than stressing on the level of moral decadence affecting the contemporary African society. if you have seen the season movie 'Spartacus' and you like the decadence been perpetuated there, then dressing in our society won't be a problem to you. but if not, then it will become a great concern to you. I love the story line of Spartacus but disliked it because of the dressing and moral decadence in the movie (duo that was how Rome was then sha.). Our body is meant to be our utter most asset but thanks to recent trends in fashion called 'dressing', I can now see some slippers breast free of charge, scary pubic hairs, dirty boxers, ugly ass etc, even when i don't ask for one. I am not righteous but i add morality to my dressing. I stopped sagging the day i knew sagging originated from prison, and to me i believe every institution has failed us ranging from the family to school, religious institutions to government, etc. it is like the choice given to man by God will prove to become his greatest undoing in the near future.
@ Rokiatu
I believe we need to worry about these problems more than global warming oh. we can still control global warming, but can not control a child that think he/she has outgrown his/her parent.

To all,
Let us not wait till when we become parents to realize the gravity of the decadence because then it might be too late.
Re: Our Teens, Their Dressing, A Moral Decadence, Who Do We Blame? by no1madman(m): 10:22am On Aug 07, 2010
i don't give a damn!
Re: Our Teens, Their Dressing, A Moral Decadence, Who Do We Blame? by mutter(f): 10:35am On Aug 07, 2010
The dressing problem already starts with the kids.
There is no more children's fashion. Kids now wear cloths made for adults only in smaller sizes.
Even for babys you have some outfits on the market now sad
I see many little girls of African decent at about 9- 10 running around here with outrageous cloths, heavy make up and attachments and wigs not appropriate for kids.
It just looks cheap and these kids get exposed faster to sexual experiences, even from older men.
Re: Our Teens, Their Dressing, A Moral Decadence, Who Do We Blame? by luap: 4:19pm On Aug 09, 2010
mutter:

The dressing problem already starts with the kids.
There is no more children's fashion. Kids now wear cloths made for adults only in smaller sizes.
Even for babys you have some outfits on the market now sad
I see many little girls of African decent at about 9- 10 running around here with outrageous cloths, heavy make up and attachments and wigs not appropriate for kids.
It just looks cheap and these kids get exposed faster to sexual experiences, even from older men.

Capitalism at it's worst. The fashion industry is marketing to children for the Almighty dollars. It infuences the western world, and before you know it you have a generation of slutty children. How can you combat world culture?"fashion industry"
Re: Our Teens, Their Dressing, A Moral Decadence, Who Do We Blame? by whiteroses(f): 11:37pm On Aug 11, 2010
was this in nigeria, too many skanky hoes in that country, my cousin had a house party one girl wore a funky top, skirt and boot, a bit dumb but fair enough as she turned back i realised her top was a scarf shocked i wanted to give her my cardigan, you cant blame anyone but themselves but why would you even blame them let them wear whatever as soon as a decent dresser walk past them they will realize how cheap they look
Re: Our Teens, Their Dressing, A Moral Decadence, Who Do We Blame? by Tournel(m): 1:59pm On Sep 19, 2015
skeed19:
My people,
I don't see anything wrong with that dress. Just say you like her. Please parents especially Nigerians should leave us to advance. Please!
Re: Our Teens, Their Dressing, A Moral Decadence, Who Do We Blame? by cbravo3: 5:12pm On Apr 24, 2017
THE MORALITY OF ABORTION AMONGST TEENAGERS IN THE CONTEXT OF JOSEPH FLETCHERS SITUATION ETHICS
http://www.bravoprojecthelp.com/philosophy/morality-abortion-amongst-teenagers-context-joseph-fletchers-situation-ethics/
Re: Our Teens, Their Dressing, A Moral Decadence, Who Do We Blame? by Goldman360: 1:51pm On Oct 03, 2017
Philosophical Appraisal Of Joseph Fletcher’s New Morality

Fletcher is a major proponent of situation ethics. In his book entitled: Situation Ethics (the new morality), he presented to us an individual freedom and individual responsibility within an ethic of love. He attempts to free man from legalism by providing a system of decision-making, which presupposes individual responsibility and states that everyman must decide for himself what is right.

http://www.scharticles.com/philosophical-appraisal-joseph-fletchers-new-morality/
Re: Our Teens, Their Dressing, A Moral Decadence, Who Do We Blame? by Ishilove: 3:00am On Oct 04, 2017
Saw an elderly woman wearing a pair of tights that aggressively displayed her very dimpled ass. If mama can wear such, how much less hormone driven teens?
Re: Our Teens, Their Dressing, A Moral Decadence, Who Do We Blame? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 04, 2017
I dislike people like op so much
Re: Our Teens, Their Dressing, A Moral Decadence, Who Do We Blame? by shirgles(m): 5:28am On Oct 08, 2017
Parent's are to blame for poor child care. Most parents don't have moral values to start with
Re: Our Teens, Their Dressing, A Moral Decadence, Who Do We Blame? by koolnd: 12:04pm On Aug 03, 2018
Morality of Abortion amongst Teenagers in the Context of Joseph Fletchers Situation Ethics

In essence, the morality of abortion and pregnancy becomes even more difficulty to decide in the cases of the teenagers, the moment one start putting into consideration; the psychological effects, the social effect and the medical consequences of both option whether to abort or not to...

http://www.scharticles.com/morality-of-abortion-amongst-teenagers-in-the-context-of-joseph-fletchers-situation-ethics/
Re: Our Teens, Their Dressing, A Moral Decadence, Who Do We Blame? by lilmax(m): 12:12pm On Aug 03, 2018
"don't care about what people say"
"do what makes you happy"
dress the way you like as far you are not hurting anyone "
"people should learn how to mind their business"
"do not judge people"
"your life your business"
"you can be a slut and a moral person"

should I say more? grin

this world is heading for destruction

forgot this one "you can't change anyone" cheesy
Re: Our Teens, Their Dressing, A Moral Decadence, Who Do We Blame? by Amanda333(f): 4:39pm On Aug 03, 2018
Honestly am gonna blame the parents
This modern wives concentrate on child's physical out look, they want receive praises, madam ur child is smart, her dressing is charming bla bla bla. later they end up raising morally decayed teens. ���
Re: Our Teens, Their Dressing, A Moral Decadence, Who Do We Blame? by mrbaba18(m): 5:11pm On Aug 03, 2018
D parents should b blamed especially d mothers cus dy are incharge of d children dressing nd men should b mindful d kind of women dy marry cus pig wil always begot a pig

(1) (Reply)

Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man / My Mom Doesn't Appreciate Me. How Do I Handle This? / Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.