Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,468 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize (32649 Views)

Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1973 Before He Grew White Hair / Wole Soyinka With Other Nobel Laureates In 1986(throwback Photo) / Wole Soyinka Receiving The Nobel Award For Literature In 1986(throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize by TAO11(f): 5:59pm On Dec 22, 2018
IkonBee:

I'm only responding cos you can spell, unlike the other miscreants. Anyway, you're a bum, for calling my people ingrates.

The problem with Nigerians is that they don't read, they prefer guessing and assuming. And, it's becoming a tradition in Yoruba land.

Back to the base, Soyinka shared the sentiments of many Biafrans hence, he wished his folks could champion for the creation of Odua republic. He knew succession was the best for a Fulani-dominated Nigeria.

However, Soyinka never fought for Biafra. When he traveled to Biafra to calm the growing tensions, the federal government accused him of collaborating with the biafrans. Then the FG put him in solictary confirment for 2years.

Soyinka didn't fight any battle for Biafra. Stop assuming or guessing like the regular Yoruba man, pick a book and read.

In light of the tuition-free history session you just attended courtesy BluntBoy, is it safe for me to conclude that you will, going forward, spread a message of love and not of hate; and that you will never be ungrateful to messiahs of Biafrans like Kongi?

If yes, then I will advise that you advise your kinsmen to also stop being ingrates.

Thank you grin grin

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize by myettiallah: 6:18pm On Dec 22, 2018
zanogo:

fortunately, you are a nobody, and your opinion doesnt count.
Lool
Trying to convince a nobody into knowing what actually gave the first cultist his nobel prize?
Now how dumb can you be?
Re: Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 22, 2018
naijapips04:
first abi only Nobel prize ? Achebe is still greater than him.

No need to call Achebe in your write up.
Re: Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize by dochenaj: 7:19am On Dec 23, 2018
Nollywoodpics:
Prof wole Soyinka Shares adorable photo of 1986 when he won his first Nobel price.

Wow. See more photos below

Gist From Praizenews ; http://www.praizenews.com/woke-soyinka-shares-throwback-photo-of-1986-when-he-won-his-first-nobel-price/

And if I may ask, how many Nobel "price" has he won since then that you'll chose to qualify this as the first.

And point of correction, it is not "price" but "prize".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Online Writing Jobs You Should Do Today / Free E-books Download! / What Lurks In The Dark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.