Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu (13687 Views)

Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate / FG Orders Removal Of Kingsley Moghalu's Presidential Campaign Posters In Abuja / Any PDP Candidate Can Defeat Buhari — Turaki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by Adeitanajoke(f): 2:07pm On Dec 22, 2018

I am the only presidential candidate today that has laid out a very clear vision of constitutional restructuring. I will give you my lecture at the Nigerian Political Science Association Annual Conference in the South East zone which I gave sometime in October at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. There I laid out a very clear vision of restructuring, going beyond people just using the term to seek votes. I am not using restructuring as just a phrase to catch votes.

I believe that Nigeria cannot survive if we are not constitutionally restructured. By that I mean Nigeria must be re-federalized. We must be brought back to becoming a proper federation. To be very clear about what I mean, restructuring is not just devolution of powers, state police. That in itself is not restructuring. It is a part of restructuring, but in and on itself, is not restructuring.

So, there is a 419 version of restructuring and there is the real restructuring of Nigeria. Any restructuring that is not accompanied by a fundamentally new constitution, that recreates a proper federation for Nigeria, as was done in 1963 constitution, will not address the problem.

The problem, as we said, is structural. As president, I will lead this process of restructuring Nigeria, working closely with the National Assembly and the state assemblies.

So, my vision of restructuring is one in which Nigeria is returned to being a federation, that’s number 1. Number 2, in which that federation is structured on the basis of the central government and sub-national government that are the geopolitical zones, which will become economic zones, not on the basis of states I want to be very clear. I believe that the federating unit should be zones or regions.

Please, speaking seriously, I believe Nigeria should have a merit-based presidency so that we can actually make progress. We should stop rotating inside poverty. We are rotating inside poverty. Do you like that?

Don’t worry about money. It does not matter. If money were everything, there are some candidates in this race who would have been president some 25 years ago. They have been at it since then. They have not. But, they have always had a lot of money.

Let us be careful about the worship of money. Money is necessary to run an election in terms of logistics and messaging. But, I want you to know that in this country, what we have is a political industrial complex in which politics have become the biggest business in town.

social intervention projects, giving traders money is vote buying. Let me give you a quotation from the Christian Holy book. “Some trust in their chariots, others trust in horses; But, we will call upon the name of our God.”

I want you to understand something that we are in a historical moment in Nigeria. People are tired of the recycled old politicians. Our people want something new. You are under-estimating the strength of that feeling. But because I have gone across the whole country talking to ordinary Nigerians, I know far more accurately how people feel. So, there is nothing impossible about defeating an incumbent. Mr. Buhari defeated an incumbent, right? And that person ceded power.

https://all-gists..com/2018/12/how-i-will-defeat-buhari-kingsley-moghalu.html

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by Imortal001: 2:11pm On Dec 22, 2018
In ur dreams ba?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by stevnwigw1: 3:22pm On Dec 22, 2018
YPP will have my vote for President federal republic of Nigeria come 2019 by Gods grace.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by Oblitz(m): 7:51pm On Dec 22, 2018
Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by philips007(m): 7:51pm On Dec 22, 2018
Good
Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by biosilicon: 7:52pm On Dec 22, 2018
Adeitanajoke:

I am the only presidential candidate today that has laid out a very clear vision of constitutional restructuring. I will give you my lecture at the Nigerian Political Science Association Annual Conference in the South East zone which I gave sometime in October at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. There I laid out a very clear vision of restructuring, going beyond people just using the term to seek votes. I am not using restructuring as just a phrase to catch votes.

I believe that Nigeria cannot survive if we are not constitutionally restructured. By that I mean Nigeria must be re-federalized. We must be brought back to becoming a proper federation. To be very clear about what I mean, restructuring is not just devolution of powers, state police. That in itself is not restructuring. It is a part of restructuring, but in and on itself, is not restructuring.

So, there is a 419 version of restructuring and there is the real restructuring of Nigeria. Any restructuring that is not accompanied by a fundamentally new constitution, that recreates a proper federation for Nigeria, as was done in 1963 constitution, will not address the problem.

The problem, as we said, is structural. As president, I will lead this process of restructuring Nigeria, working closely with the National Assembly and the state assemblies.

So, my vision of restructuring is one in which Nigeria is returned to being a federation, that’s number 1. Number 2, in which that federation is structured on the basis of the central government and sub-national government that are the geopolitical zones, which will become economic zones, not on the basis of states I want to be very clear. I believe that the federating unit should be zones or regions.

Please, speaking seriously, I believe Nigeria should have a merit-based presidency so that we can actually make progress. We should stop rotating inside poverty. We are rotating inside poverty. Do you like that?

Don’t worry about money. It does not matter. If money were everything, there are some candidates in this race who would have been president some 25 years ago. They have been at it since then. They have not. But, they have always had a lot of money.

Let us be careful about the worship of money. Money is necessary to run an election in terms of logistics and messaging. But, I want you to know that in this country, what we have is a political industrial complex in which politics have become the biggest business in town.

social intervention projects, giving traders money is vote buying. Let me give you a quotation from the Christian Holy book. “Some trust in their chariots, others trust in horses; But, we will call upon the name of our God.”

I want you to understand something that we are in a historical moment in Nigeria. People are tired of the recycled old politicians. Our people want something new. You are under-estimating the strength of that feeling. But because I have gone across the whole country talking to ordinary Nigerians, I know far more accurately how people feel. So, there is nothing impossible about defeating an incumbent. Mr. Buhari defeated an incumbent, right? And that person ceded power.

https://all-gists..com/2018/12/how-i-will-defeat-buhari-kingsley-moghalu.html

You and sowore united together would have given the ruling class sleepless nights.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by Shortyy(f): 7:52pm On Dec 22, 2018
Lmao poor Buhari. Every Tom Dick and Harry now wants to defeat him. Eiyah

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by OmoNwa: 7:52pm On Dec 22, 2018
Imortal001:
In ur dreams ba?

It's good to dream, dreams comes true you know

2 Likes

Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by helinues: 7:52pm On Dec 22, 2018
Sleeping. Wake me up after he might have won

2 Likes

Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by elyte89: 7:52pm On Dec 22, 2018
Am sure if APC or PDP have a candidate in ur family for d head of d family position,u might still be defeated grin grin,

7 Likes

Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by Kennitrust(m): 7:53pm On Dec 22, 2018
I don't know what

Some people are just making jokes of this presidential stuff

5 Likes

Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by SoldierBoy1(m): 7:54pm On Dec 22, 2018
I actually like this man.

4 Likes

Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by finalboss(m): 7:54pm On Dec 22, 2018
Dreams
Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by LotusFan: 7:57pm On Dec 22, 2018
I try to avoid Nigerian politics but he does appear to be a very good candidate.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by Oluwaseyi456(m): 7:57pm On Dec 22, 2018
Even me can defeat Buhari
Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by Vickwinners: 7:58pm On Dec 22, 2018
I love Prof Moghalu.

Amongst all the candidates we got here, this guy and Oby have got ideas and strategies that could take us really far.

It's just sad both of them are not going anywhere. That's the reality

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 22, 2018
An average Nigerian youth do not believe someone like you or Sowore can be like Trump in Nigeria. Mental slavery. They rather support recycled thieves.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by Lordofthewest(m): 8:03pm On Dec 22, 2018
Lmao...this one can't even defeat sowore, oga calm down we would make you CBN governor in Sowore's administration or pata pata minister of finance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 8:03pm On Dec 22, 2018
Does Buhari know anything? Olodo Man

1 Like

Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by Groovenaija360(m): 8:04pm On Dec 22, 2018
cheesy

At this stage any thing

Even a goat can defeat BUHARI

Without rigging

3 Likes

Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by Jonadull: 8:04pm On Dec 22, 2018
SPOILT9JAOLOSHO:
Does Buhari know anything? Olodo Man
You that is not Olodo .
Who knows your father ?

3 Likes

Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by versashee: 8:04pm On Dec 22, 2018
I doubt if you can even win Local government chairmanship election.
Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:08pm On Dec 22, 2018
Ok. All the best to all the presidential candidates.

1 Like

Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by bootstrap(m): 8:09pm On Dec 22, 2018
1. Except he plans to run as a dictator or bribe the entire national and state assembly members to do his bidding, how exactly does he plan to make the restructuring work? Ordinary constitution amended, the National Assembly finds it a Herculian task, talk less of doing an entire overhaul of the system these same people are benefiting from. This is akin to asking the National Assembly to reducing their pay. With different persons hving a different idea of how the nation shld be restructured... the debate will go on forever at the assemblies

As I see it... the only thing we can do as a nation is to work within the system we currently have and try to perfect it as much as we can. Or there is a war or some major tragedy, a dictator takes over and “orders” the restructuring.

So... no, his idea is just a pipe dream.

8 Likes

Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 8:09pm On Dec 22, 2018
Jonathan:

You that is not Olodo .
Who knows your father ?
Yeye! kiss the truth or hang ursef.. He thinks it is by coming to read fake achievement.
You are not even ashamed to be supporting someone who is incompetent in all ramifications
Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by sheDD(m): 8:12pm On Dec 22, 2018
Nnahhhh
Bloggers sef
Where is the correlation between what u captioned and the content!!!?

1 Like

Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by Purposeciti: 8:12pm On Dec 22, 2018
Support him, he'll help you...abi
Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by tolugar: 8:16pm On Dec 22, 2018
In him I'll waste my vote come 2019 and leave for the next 4yrs with clear conscience.

Unlike Baba I gave my vote and am still battling with regrets for the past 4yrs

11 Likes

Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by deleo16(m): 8:17pm On Dec 22, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
An average Nigerian youth do not believe someone like you or Sowore can be like Trump in Nigeria. Mental slavery. They rather support recycled thieves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by CentiLion(m): 8:18pm On Dec 22, 2018
In as much as I love this Guy to be the next president..we all know you have lost the race even before the whistle is blown...
#AtikulatingObidiently2019.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

All Herdsmen In Ebonyi To Carry Identity Cards - Government / Magaret Obi Holds Town Hall Meeting With Women In Niger State / Snatched Mace: APC Condemns Attack On Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.