Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,779 members, 7,831,509 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu (13700 Views)

Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate / FG Orders Removal Of Kingsley Moghalu's Presidential Campaign Posters In Abuja / Any PDP Candidate Can Defeat Buhari — Turaki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by Doyin2(m): 8:30pm On Dec 22, 2018
bootstrap:
1. Except he plans to run as a dictator or bribe the entire national and state assembly members to do his bidding, how exactly does he plan to make the restructuring work? Ordinary constitution amended, the National Assembly finds it a Herculian task, talk less of doing an entire overhaul of the system these same people are benefiting from. This is akin to asking the National Assembly to reducing their pay. With different persons hving a different idea of how the nation shld be restructured... the debate will go on forever at the assemblies

As I see it... the only thing we can do as a nation is to work within the system we currently have and try to perfect it as much as we can. Or there is a war or some major tragedy, a dictator takes over and “orders” the restructuring.

So... no, his idea is just a pipe dream.

You captured my thoughts.

Different versions on how to restructure Nigeria.
I doubt if up to 10% of Nigerians and legislators believe in regional restructuring.

Therefore any candidate wanting to win election, based on a specific type of restructuring, is already a failure!

3 Likes

Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by mu2sa2: 8:30pm On Dec 22, 2018
The only way this igbo man can win any appreciable votes is if his brethren vote en mass for him. But they are rooting for a Fulani northern Muslim against a fellow igbo Christian southerner. Take heart (mazi) moghalu, since your own people aren't voting for you, don't expect others to. All the grammar you are blowing goes to no issue, you are losing mightily to a Fulani northern Muslim.

3 Likes

Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by graphycode(m): 8:33pm On Dec 22, 2018
mu2sa2:
A
??
Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by clerkent(m): 8:33pm On Dec 22, 2018
we know you ar sent to divide vote.but only your family wil vote for you.
Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:33pm On Dec 22, 2018
Moghalu the dreamer.
Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 22, 2018
Vickwinners:
I love Prof Moghalu.

Amongst all the candidates we got here, this guy and Oby have got ideas and strategies that could take us really far.

It's just sad both of them are not going anywhere. That's the reality
That's why I keep saying that NIGERIA is finished
Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by Iskra: 8:37pm On Dec 22, 2018
Buhari the corruption time machine...wheather it's 1976 and 2.8billion naira missing or 2018 with his coterie of saintly thieves or 2045 if he could be President again...it would be the same story of stealing while fighting corruption...I have never seen a better description of chasing your own tail like the man called Buhari ...you can't give what you don't have. You can't ooze corruption and fight it at the same time

1 Like

Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by Rhea(f): 8:37pm On Dec 22, 2018
Adeitanajoke:

I am the only presidential candidate today that has laid out a very clear vision of constitutional restructuring. I will give you my lecture at the Nigerian Political Science Association Annual Conference in the South East zone which I gave sometime in October at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. There I laid out a very clear vision of restructuring, going beyond people just using the term to seek votes. I am not using restructuring as just a phrase to catch votes.

I believe that Nigeria cannot survive if we are not constitutionally restructured. By that I mean Nigeria must be re-federalized. We must be brought back to becoming a proper federation. To be very clear about what I mean, restructuring is not just devolution of powers, state police. That in itself is not restructuring. It is a part of restructuring, but in and on itself, is not restructuring.

So, there is a 419 version of restructuring and there is the real restructuring of Nigeria. Any restructuring that is not accompanied by a fundamentally new constitution, that recreates a proper federation for Nigeria, as was done in 1963 constitution, will not address the problem.

The problem, as we said, is structural. As president, I will lead this process of restructuring Nigeria, working closely with the National Assembly and the state assemblies.

So, my vision of restructuring is one in which Nigeria is returned to being a federation, that’s number 1. Number 2, in which that federation is structured on the basis of the central government and sub-national government that are the geopolitical zones, which will become economic zones, not on the basis of states I want to be very clear. I believe that the federating unit should be zones or regions.

Please, speaking seriously, I believe Nigeria should have a merit-based presidency so that we can actually make progress. We should stop rotating inside poverty. We are rotating inside poverty. Do you like that?

Don’t worry about money. It does not matter. If money were everything, there are some candidates in this race who would have been president some 25 years ago. They have been at it since then. They have not. But, they have always had a lot of money.

Let us be careful about the worship of money. Money is necessary to run an election in terms of logistics and messaging. But, I want you to know that in this country, what we have is a political industrial complex in which politics have become the biggest business in town.

social intervention projects, giving traders money is vote buying. Let me give you a quotation from the Christian Holy book. “Some trust in their chariots, others trust in horses; But, we will call upon the name of our God.”

I want you to understand something that we are in a historical moment in Nigeria. People are tired of the recycled old politicians. Our people want something new. You are under-estimating the strength of that feeling. But because I have gone across the whole country talking to ordinary Nigerians, I know far more accurately how people feel. So, there is nothing impossible about defeating an incumbent. Mr. Buhari defeated an incumbent, right? And that person ceded power.

https://all-gists..com/2018/12/how-i-will-defeat-buhari-kingsley-moghalu.html

Only the enlightened ones will cast a vote for him. Unfortunately, decades of misrule in Nigeria has converted most Nigerians into hungry peasants who constantly seek where the next bowl of soup comes from. And for as long as most Nigerians fall under that category, the likes of Moghalu face an uphill task in winning at the national level. I would have expected him to contest for governor and let his impact be felt in a state. Besides the president, the governor is the next most powerful office from whence to impact the lives of Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 22, 2018
One of the few I respect in the race

1 Like

Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 22, 2018
Imortal001:
In ur dreams ba?
Be ready to leave in abject poverty
Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by Mccullum: 8:45pm On Dec 22, 2018
Well it seems he had his visions which will face blockage because executive can't requested for returning to 1963 type of constitutional amendment in this political atmosphere of Nowadays.

Good of and worth to be president, he may try again in 2023 after Buhari regime because next level is the key to steady progress of our economy.

1 Like

Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 22, 2018
biosilicon:

You and sowore united together would have given the ruling class sleepless nights.
Yea they should team before February 2019 polls
Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by kareemkamil(m): 8:46pm On Dec 22, 2018
Every one won defeat Buhari
Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 22, 2018
Kennitrust:
I don't know what

Some people are just making jokes of this presidential stuff
That is why the country can not grow. We can't be like US if we don't start from somewhere.
Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by mu2sa2: 8:47pm On Dec 22, 2018
graphycode:

??
Mr man, 'A' is the first letter of the alphabet - your double quotation marks is unknown to the civilised world.
Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by degamemaster(m): 8:50pm On Dec 22, 2018
Oh if only Nigerian political sphere is a level playing ground for all the candidates to prove themselves and get voted based on their capabalities, this mn would have been coasting to the victory post. But, we know it's like that so, he is as good as not having contested.
Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by samkal(m): 8:53pm On Dec 22, 2018
OmoNwa:

It's good to dream, dreams comes true you know

Not in this present generation will that dude defeat either Buhari or Atiku.

Most of those that would vote lacks critical thinking.
Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 22, 2018
I see many youths condemnating this man by saying it is not possible yet they clamour for economic growth. Many of them still think those old men has anything reasonable to offer. If Nigerians don't stand their ground to vote young mind this country will be doom for life. For those still thinking that Buhari will go anything reasonable, you are all dreaming. For those still hoping that Atiku will restructure, I pity una because a leopard can't change it's skin.

2 Likes

Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by Hafeezcodex1(m): 8:58pm On Dec 22, 2018
Mr Joseph stop dreaming and wake up from ur dream abeg u...

Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by stt201: 9:02pm On Dec 22, 2018
The man

Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by yinkeys(m): 9:04pm On Dec 22, 2018
Most of the candidates aren't campaigning.
I haven't seen Moghalu touring the North for example
Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by Yopcity: 9:05pm On Dec 22, 2018
Prof, in a sane country people like u would be ''top contenders'' but in a zoo like naija, sorry u are on ur own!
Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by Yopcity: 9:12pm On Dec 22, 2018
stt201:
The man

All these noise about sowore should stop, being an activist or good journalist is very différent from public administration.

Lets get serious, Sowore has zero experience in governance and the présidency of nigeria is too big a position to experiment with.

Kingsley Moghalu and Oby Ezekwesili are far more qualified. Simple truth.

3 Likes

Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by Richmelvin33(m): 9:13pm On Dec 22, 2018
We have just two parties in Nigeria PDP and APC the rest are just Christmas party
If u know u know

1 Like

Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by 77up(m): 9:23pm On Dec 22, 2018
There I laid out a very clear vision of restructuring, going beyond people just using the term to seek votes. I am not using restructuring as just a phrase to catch votes

Just like Atiku is doing now but unfurtenately, the gullible, fool idiot stupid slowpoke of pig of Biafra criminals supporting PDP are falling for that already.
Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by Yankee101: 9:31pm On Dec 22, 2018
You're not in the count

Rural Nigerians have never heard of you
Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by Ubdavis(m): 9:47pm On Dec 22, 2018
Do like this. Abeg no talk am again. No try talk this thing outside.
Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by lereinter(m): 9:51pm On Dec 22, 2018
stevnwigw1:
YPP will have my vote for President federal republic of Nigeria come 2019 by Gods grace.

pls don't waste your vote

moghalu should work with obi

atikulated 2019
Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by Ayobami7(m): 9:55pm On Dec 22, 2018
底重磅转会大新闻
Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by Ayobami7(m): 9:56pm On Dec 22, 2018
年底重磅转会大新闻
Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by gidgiddy: 10:00pm On Dec 22, 2018
Moghalu makes a good case with his version of constitutional restructuring and re-federalizing. Unfortunately for Moghalu, much of the North does not want restructuring of any kind. So while Moghalu's message will be appreciated in the South of Nigeria, it will count for nothing in the North.

2 Likes

Re: How I Will Defeat Buhari — Kingsley Moghalu by spiritedtete: 10:33pm On Dec 22, 2018
This is my future candidate... He just needs to grow his wings more.

Nevertheless... I want PMB In 2019.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Admit That We Failed To Give Nigerians Refinery –Kachikwu / Beautiful Photos Of General Babangida's Mansion / Abdullahi Gana Muhammadu And NSCDC’s Scorecard!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.