Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

I Am Confused! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Confused! (919 Views)

I Am Confused? / I Am Confused: Christianity Or Islam? / Part Of Evolution Theory That Got Me Really Confused....can There Be An Answer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Confused! by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 26, 2020
My wife is pregnant and we are not expecting it at all. We used protection but it failed cry . We have 2 kids already and the 2nd one is 1 year plus. I don't want any kid for now because of financial implication and the stress. It will even affect her job - she will be relieved if they know that she is pregnant. Though against our christian beliefs and moral values, I suggested that we should terminate it but she refused. I talked her into following me to a reputable hospital so we can be advised. My concerns are I don't want any child now as we can't bear all accompanying challenges. Abortion is sinful but we are left with no other choice. God help me, I don't want a child now. You know we are just managing. I need courage Lord to make the right decision. I need every advice please.

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused! by IceLip: 3:33pm On May 26, 2020
God's Plan

2 Likes

Re: I Am Confused! by Nobody: 3:35pm On May 26, 2020
IceLip:
God's Plan
I don't want this kind of plan cry
Re: I Am Confused! by Enwhen(m): 3:41pm On May 26, 2020
ttaaddee:

I don't want this kind of plan cry

This kind of Child are always great!!!

Don't kill the child, don't waste the life

In future time u will remember I told u this if u let the child live....I have countless of them that I know of today that are great.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Confused! by opera1(m): 3:53pm On May 26, 2020
"Children are the heritage of God, source of Joy and Blessings"
It is not your Will or Wish But "GOD'S WILL", leave everything to God. U shall not be ashamed But you will surely remember diz for Good 2moro.
Bible says: "Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them."
God shall surely provide everything the baby needs to survive. Pls, Don't Terminate it.

It's a baby boy and his name is "GOD'S WILL"

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused! by Jessylove96: 4:00pm On May 26, 2020
keep your child. abortion is bad
Re: I Am Confused! by Beatswim: 4:06pm On May 26, 2020
No matter how bad the situation might be... Abortion is not an option for u bro.. Pls keep that baby as u don't know tomorrow.. Be wise help is coming your way soon

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused! by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 26, 2020
Thank you all. My heart has never been heavy as this but it is well.
Re: I Am Confused! by Stephenmoka4(m): 4:58pm On May 26, 2020
U are about to give birth to someone great, let the child stay. Is this the first time that particular birth control method has failed u.
Re: I Am Confused! by Kobojunkie: 7:41pm On May 26, 2020
ttaaddee:
My wife is pregnant and we are not expecting it at all. We used protection but it failed cry . We have 2 kids already and the 2nd one is 1 year plus. I don't want any kid for now because of financial implication and the stress. It will even affect her job - she will be relieved if they know that she is pregnant.
Condoms do not come with 100% guarantee. That is why there are many other options available for those who want to avoid getting pregnant. Consider using more than one form of birth control if you want to be sure to prevent unwanted pregnancies.
ttaaddee:
Though against our christian beliefs and moral values, I suggested that we should terminate it but she refused. I talked her into following me to a reputable hospital so we can be advised.
You have Christian beliefs yet you suggested that you terminate the child already? undecided undecided undecided Abeg, spare us!
ttaaddee:

My concerns are I don't want any child now as we can't bear all accompanying challenges. Abortion is sinful but we are left with no other choice. God help me, I don't want a child now. You know we are just managing. I need courage Lord to make the right decision. I need every advice please.
Since your mind seems made up that you most definitely do not want this kid, and you already put termination on the table with your wife, what are you hear asking us for?

Anyways, there is another possible option. It is called Adoption. You can have the paper and put it up for adoption. So you and your wife can call up a good adoption agency and start looking together with a registered agent for a good home for your child.
Re: I Am Confused! by Kobojunkie: 7:42pm On May 26, 2020
opera1:
It is not your Will or Wish But "GOD'S WILL", leave everything to God. U shall not be ashamed But you will surely remember diz for Good 2moro.
God shall surely provide everything the baby needs to survive. Pls, Don't Terminate it.

That includes Almajiris right? undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused! by Kobojunkie: 7:42pm On May 26, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
U are about to give birth to someone great, let the child stay. Is this the first time that particular birth control method has failed u.
And I hope you don't think this child any greater than an almajiri? undecided undecided undecided
Re: I Am Confused! by babajeje123(m): 8:20pm On May 26, 2020
opera1:

How did you know it's a boy?

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused! by Kobojunkie: 8:22pm On May 26, 2020
Enwhen:
This kind of Child are always great!!!
How did you come by this?
Re: I Am Confused! by Enwhen(m): 9:20pm On May 26, 2020
Kobojunkie:
How did you come by this?

It's a long story, my mum expose to me about 15, successful people who I know, that their mother almost and some abortion failed during pregnancies ...I have also seen like 5 , that I know of and read about many of which some a great footballers today...
Re: I Am Confused! by Kobojunkie: 9:25pm On May 26, 2020
Enwhen:
It's a long story, my mum expose to me about 15, successful people who I know, that their mother almost and some abortion failed during pregnancies ...I have also seen like 5 , that I know of and read about many of which some a great footballers today...
I can expose you to story of millions more who were not aborted and might not meet your "greatness" criteria.

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused! by danielistics(m): 9:28pm On May 26, 2020
ttaaddee:
My wife is pregnant and we are not expecting it at all. We used protection but it failed cry . We have 2 kids already and the 2nd one is 1 year plus. I don't want any kid for now because of financial implication and the stress. It will even affect her job - she will be relieved if they know that she is pregnant. Though against our christian beliefs and moral values, I suggested that we should terminate it but she refused. I talked her into following me to a reputable hospital so we can be advised. My concerns are I don't want any child now as we can't bear all accompanying challenges. Abortion is sinful but we are left with no other choice. God help me, I don't want a child now. You know we are just managing. I need courage Lord to make the right decision. I need every advice please.

You used protection but it failed. Op be guided.
Re: I Am Confused! by Enwhen(m): 9:43pm On May 26, 2020
Kobojunkie:

I can expose you to story of millions more who were not aborted and might not meet your "greatness" criteria.

It's not a debate...it's not about those not aborted, it's about those whose parents were legally married but for financial issues tried to abborts their pregnancies...a circumstances , we are talking about , some refer to them as unwanted child....and I have only said about the ones I know , it's not an issues of whether is a must or not.
Re: I Am Confused! by Kobojunkie: 9:53pm On May 26, 2020
Enwhen:
It's not a debate...it's not about those not aborted, it's about those whose parents were legally married but for financial issues tried to abborts their pregnancies...a circumstances , we are talking about , some refer to them as unwanted child....and I have only said about the ones I know , it's not an issues of whether is a must or not.
Don't you suppose that suggesting he should have the child because it is likely to turn out a great person in future, places unnecessary and cruel burden of expectation on the child in question --- creating room for disappointment should the child not meet the expectations placed on them by the parent in question?
This child in question has no even entered the world and the parent is here asking if he should keep it or kill it. Shouldn't all possible burdens of the current and the future consequences remain with the parent?

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused! by ochibuogwu5: 10:07pm On May 26, 2020
Please do not commit abortion for any reason, ask the Holy Spirit for revelation and grace to pull through it. If God provides a child or a vision in the life of a genuine born-again, the child belongs to GOD; He owns silver and Gold. GOD is not poor not to take care of you, your wife and all your children thus "from the day of creation till date, I have never seen any man/woman who trusted in God that was ever abandoned or seen their children begging for bread" (Psalm 37:25).
This is the time to TRUST GOD THAT HE IS ABLE TO DO EXCEEDINGLY; MUCH MORE THAN WE CAN PRAY FOR OR IMAGINE (Ephesians 3:20-21)
unrighteousness (abortion) can never be acceptable to GOD as righteousness!!!

Obedience towards the word of God is better than the sacrifice of *prayer of forgiveness/repentance* after abortion; you might think it is easy to commit sin and ask for forgiveness from God then begin to leave a normal life. The guilt, trauma, fears, night-mares, pains and condemnation from sin is very disastrous to the human body and soul/mind though God forgives unconditionally but a genuine child of God should hate what HIS FATHER HATES which is sin, fear the wrath of GOD towards sin and sinners as well as flee from such wrath of God no matter whose ox is gored.

May the Holy Spirit fill you with his mercy, grace, love, support and courage to decide with your smallest faith to uphold HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS against your convenience and comfort in this matter and every aspect of your life in Jesus Name. Amen.

Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: I Am Confused! by Enwhen(m): 10:10pm On May 26, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Don't you suppose that suggesting he should have the child because it is likely to turn out a great person in future, places cruel burden of expectation on the child in question, creating room for disappointment should the child not meet the expectations placed on them by the parent in question?
This child in question has no even entered the world and the parent is here asking if he should keep it or kill it. Shouldn't all possible burdens of the current and the future consequences remain with the parent?

What expectations ??...hope you haven't taken anything this night ?.... Do u pray for bad fortune for your children in future ?, Do u know the particular child that will bring the financial break through to the family and the remaining other children ?....Only one child , can change an entirely family for better ...if u have many children do u know the particular one that will bring that fortune ?...nobody knows tomorrow , only God, as such when God has destined an event if as a man u decide to go against it because u only knows of today ...hmmm, the repercussions is always great mostly when it has to do with murder...No matter the condition, as a Christian, he has no right to kill that child..stop taking about pressure on an unborn child and expectation...the prayer of every parent is to give birth to great children... If as a parent I don't believe God to make your child great. How will God answer your prayers ??...Children are blessings .. goodnight Oga
Re: I Am Confused! by Kobojunkie: 10:24pm On May 26, 2020
Enwhen:
What expectations ??...hope you haven't taken anything this night ?.... Do u pray for bad fortune for your children in future ?, Do u know the particular child that will bring the financial break through to the family and the remaining other children ?

Enwhen:
[b]This kind of Child are always great!!![/b]Don't kill the child, don't waste the life In future time u will remember I told u this if u let the child live....I have countless of them that I know of today that are great.
You are not here praying for the child but trying to urge a man to keep a child, informing him that this kind of child are always great! Do we also agree that Almajiris are a blessing as well?
Enwhen:
Only one child , can change an entirely family for better ...if u have many children do u know the particular one that will bring that fortune ?...nobody knows tomorrow , only God, as such when God has destined an event if as a man u decide to go against it because u only knows of today
Why is it a child's place to change the fortune of an entire family?
Are these children whom you consider to be blessings to you, free slaves of some kind from God? How is what you suggest any different from what the Almajiri system does to children?
Why should anyone who does not already have his so-called fortune made expect that his child should bring it?
In most all of the Bible , the parents ensure they have enough to give the children when the children leave the next. Even after this, a second inheritance of sorts is made available to the children when the parent finally dies. In the entire Bible, God never placed the debt of the failures of the fathers on the children. So why do we do what we do pretending God is involved?
Enwhen:
hmmm, the repercussions is always great mostly when it has to do with murder...No matter the condition, as a Christian, he has no right to kill that child..stop taking about pressure on an unborn child and expectation...the prayer of every parent is to give birth to great children... If as a parent I don't believe God to make your child great. How will God answer your prayers ??...Children are blessings .. goodnight Oga
Does a parent who himself has not achieved greatness have any right to ask for his children to be great? Because as you know greatness is a burden of sorts.

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused! by Enwhen(m): 10:38pm On May 26, 2020
Kobojunkie:

You are not here praying for the child but trying to urge a man to keep a child, informing him that this kind of child are always great! Do we also agree that Almajiris are a blessing as well?

Why is it a child's place to change the fortune of an entire family?
Why place or expect that burden to be on the children?
Are these children whom you consider to be blessings to you, free slaves of some kind from God? How is what you suggest any different from what the Almajiri system does to children?
Why should anyone who does not already have his so-called fortune made expect that his child should bring it?
In the entire Bible, God never placed the debt of the failures of the fathers on the children. So do we do this, and pretend God is involved?
Does a parent who himself has not achieved greatness have any right to ask for his children to be great? Because as you know greatness is a burden of sorts.

Don't bring Almajiri into this ...Almajiri is a failed Islamic system...initial it used to be a home for all, both the rich ....despite that there are many great leadera today that passes thru the Almajiri system.

I will advice you to change the way u reason...the prayer of every parent is for their children to be greater than them .... So stop thinking upside down...Abortion is a sin in christainity.
Re: I Am Confused! by Kobojunkie: 10:42pm On May 26, 2020
Enwhen:
Don't bring Almajiri into this ...Almajiri is a failed Islamic system...initial it used to be a home for all, both the rich ....despite that there are many great leadera today that passes thru the Almajiri system.
The children themselves are called Almajiri, and according to you children are a blessing!
Enwhen:

I will advice you to change the way u reason...the prayer of every parent is for their children to be greater than them .... So stop thinking upside down...Abortion is a sin in christainity.
Why do you advice I change the way I reason? Because I challenge the way you reason? Because my reasoning suggests that the way you reason things as it concerns children is no different from how the parents of those Almajiris reasons this? Because I state that your way is not according to God, it is not even biblical to begin with? undecided undecided undecided undecided

Consider the stories of the Bible fathers - they all gave to their children, never expecting anything of them. In the parable of the prodigal son as told by Jesus, the Father was the one who gave and gave to his son ---Not the other way around.

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused! by Enwhen(m): 11:04pm On May 26, 2020
Kobojunkie:

The children themselves are called Almajiri, and according to you children are a blessing!

Why do you advice I change the way I reason? Because I challenge the way you reason? Because my reasoning suggests that the way you reason things as it concerns children is no different from how the parents of those Almajiris reasons this? Because I state that your way is not according to God, it is not even biblical to begin with? undecided undecided undecided undecided

Consider the stories of the Bible fathers - they all gave to their children, never expecting anything of them. In the parable of the prodigal son as told by Jesus, the Father was the one who gave and gave to his son ---Not the other way around.

Now I see your point...I am not saying parent should expect from their children, but it important to have children who will look after their pparent when they are old

If you are not ready for a child why involve in an unprotected sex in the first place ?, Is that the child's fault ... Now that it has happened , is abortion the solution as a Christian ?, ...if as a Christian u cry to God for provision will God not provide for u to take care of ur children ?...Mathew 7: 7...

Dont bring Almajiri to this...that's a different case entirely, can lecture u about that separately, those children are blessed, it's like a culture in many areas in the north to always drop a child for Almajiri...does not mean all of them their parent cannot take care of them...for them to be alive today is better than killing them with abortion, because when there is life , there is hope...some of the northern leaders u see today we're Almajiris before...just that it's now a failed system even as foreigners also enrol their children in the school.
Re: I Am Confused! by NuclearReactor: 11:13pm On May 26, 2020
opera1:

Na so you don start to they give the boy name now... undecided
Nothing persin no go see for Nairaland!!

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused! by Kobojunkie: 11:15pm On May 26, 2020
Enwhen:
Oga wetin ur parents do u ?? Tell me.please ...
My parents most definitely do not see their children as indentured servants in the way that you continue to describe ..... undecided
Enwhen:
My granny died at 120, 90tys she was still goin to farm , at 110 her skin was peeling off , she needed assisted and those of our relatives in the village was assisting her before she died at 120... She has her own money she was not poor , she built the house herself , the one my dad builft she rented it out...
Her relatives were assisting her, and not her own children?
Enwhen:
what issue do u have with your parent that u don't want to hear about assisting parents ??
The issue here is not with my parents but with those of you to demand that your children bear the burden of taking care of you as if they are God-provided slaves to you in that manner.
Enwhen:
... Assisting them is not about money , but let them see u for some time , play with them , they are always happy seeing their children and grand children around... Don't let abandoned your parent Alone , how can u just leave them alone , nobody to talk to, only them ... For what ?...most of them don't need ur help or money , they just want to see u around ...
You know you are trying to do a flip-flop here? Stick to the issue we were on please.
Enwhen:
Now I see your point...I am not saying parent should expect from their children, but it important to have children who will look after their pparent when they are old
Why is this of any importance? Can't the parents make arrangements to have people take care of them when they are old? Why should that be a "special" burden for the children to bear?

Enwhen:
My parent tried their best for me , but I helped my self alot , and in their old age , I will help them , in any ways , I will take care of them , make them happy ... They didn't wrong me...even if they do, I will not abandoned them , because they didn't abandoned or aborted me...
Parents are not supposed to try their best but do all it will take for them to ensure their kids are provided for in abundance... else, don't even have kids at all. Obviously, you will not see the problem with your parents because you already believe your children to be your claim to fame .... you expect them to become great and benefit your own family(this in addition to their own family)
Enwhen:
If u have issue with your parent go and settle with them and stop being Anti-Parent
I am not Anti-parents... I am instead anti-Almijiri ideas being sold outside of Almajiri culture as if is better than.

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused! by Enwhen(m): 11:28pm On May 26, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Why is this of any importance? Can't the parents make arrangements to have people take care of them when they are old? Why should that be a "special" burden for the children to bear?
I believe the guy in this case said his means of protection failed him.
Almajiris are also blessings from God given your statement that Children are a blessing from God. That is the general mentality that is shared across many faiths, so you cannot not bring them up when you are speaking of children.

Many children do hired helpers to take care of their aged parents if the many is there...infact presently in the UK, that's one job most Nigerians r doing....

God will never fail, if only they belief...faith matters alot in a case like this.

Children are blessings, you may not understand, until u find and have none....

No normal child will abandoned or allow his/her parents suffer at old age
Re: I Am Confused! by Kobojunkie: 12:24am On May 27, 2020
Enwhen:
Many children do hired helpers to take care of their aged parents if the many is there...infact presently in the UK, that's one job most Nigerians r doing...
Why don't the 'parents' do this on their own knowing that old age was imminent?
Enwhen:
God will never fail, if only they belief...faith matters alot in a case like this.Children are blessings, you may not understand, until u find and have none....No normal child will abandoned or allow his/her parents suffer at old age
In many other parts of the world, the parents themselves know to, and do plan for their own future. They do not put a yoke on their children's necks as far as their care in their old age.
In the Bible, did you read of Isaac taking care of his old father? Did you read of Jacob or Esau taking care of their father, or mother in their old age? Please do not assume that what you have there is the way it ought to be or something along those lines. If anything, it seems a lot like abuse if you ask me, cause no one deserves to be born with even that burden- seems a type of enslavement
Re: I Am Confused! by Enwhen(m): 12:47am On May 27, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Why don't the 'parents' do this on their own knowing that old age was imminent?

In many other parts of the world, the parents themselves know to, and do plan for their own future. They do not put a yoke on their children's necks as far as their care in their old age.
In the Bible, did you read of Isaac taking care of his old father? Did you read of Jacob or Esau taking care of their father, or mother in their old age? Please do not assume that what you have there is the way it ought to be or something along those lines. If anything, it seems a lot like abuse if you ask me, cause no one deserves to be born with even that burden- seems a type of enslavement

My granny died at 120, 90tys she was still goin to farm , at 110 her skin was peeling off , she needed assisted and those of our relatives in the village was assisting her before she died at 120... She has her own money she was not poor , she built the house herself , the one my dad builft she rented it out...what issue do u have with your parent that u don't want to hear about assisting parents ??... Assisting them is not about money , but let them see u for some time , play with them , they are always happy seeing their children and grand children around... Don't let abandoned your parent Alone , how can u just leave them alone , nobody to talk to, only them ... For what ?...most of them don't need ur help or money , they just want to see u around ...

My parent tried their best for me , but I helped my self alot , and in their old age , I will help them , in any ways , I will take care of them , make them happy ... They didn't wrong me...even if they do, I will not abandoned them , because they didn't abandoned or aborted me...

If u have issue with your parent go and settle with them and stop being Anti-Parent

Goodnight.
Re: I Am Confused! by Kobojunkie: 1:01am On May 27, 2020
Enwhen:
My parents most definitely do not see their children as indentured servants in the way that you continue to describe ..... undecided
Enwhen:
My granny died at 120, 90tys she was still goin to farm , at 110 her skin was peeling off , she needed assisted and those of our relatives in the village was assisting her before she died at 120... She has her own money she was not poor , she built the house herself , the one my dad builft she rented it out...
Enwhen:
what issue do u have with your parent that u don't want to hear about assisting parents ??
The issue here is not with my parents but with those of you to demand that your children bear the burden of taking care of you as if they are God-provided slaves to you in that manner.
Enwhen:
... Assisting them is not about money , but let them see u for some time , play with them , they are always happy seeing their children and grand children around... Don't let abandoned your parent Alone , how can u just leave them alone , nobody to talk to, only them ... For what ?...most of them don't need ur help or money , they just want to see u around ...
You know you are trying to do a flip-flop here? Stick to the issue we were on please.
Enwhen:

Enwhen:
Parents are not supposed to try their best but do all it will take for them to ensure their kids are provided for in abundance... else, don't even have kids at all. Obviously, you will not see the problem with your parents because you already believe your children to be your claim to fame .... you expect them to become great and benefit your own family(this in addition to their own family)
Enwhen:
I am not Anti-parents... I am instead anti-Almijiri ideas being sold outside of Almajiri culture as if is better than.
Re: I Am Confused! by Enwhen(m): 1:16am On May 27, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Oga u are Anti-Parent ....and u don't know anything about Almajiri

Only God know wetin ur parents do u...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why My Target Is No Longer Heaven / Existential Magic From Obribra / Beards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.