Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,533 members, 7,854,318 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:28 PM

My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man (34910 Views)

Man And His Friend Bare Their Butts At Ex's House Because She Broke Up With Him / There Is A Girl That Am Dating We Started Dating 3 Months Ago(Help) / My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Ogaga87(m): 3:51pm On Dec 23, 2018
Shay na because the person involve nor be Dangote or Otedola abi..

Your parents get sense well, well..

Dem try for still thinking say you be baby..

All these parents won't stop
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by firstolalekan(m): 3:52pm On Dec 23, 2018
Carrywent:
cryHello dear Nairalanders, please I need your help.
I created this monica account just to hear your advices.
There is this Guy I am dating, he is a disabled but not that serious. He uses wheelchair but hardworking. We both studied in the same secondary School. We were Besties, we latter turned lovers. He is an idealist, he is also independent. Before you ask his occupation. He was an author and letter turned musical producer. Like i said he is independent. He relocated to Lagos after he finished studying music production and established his own studio in Lagos.
I love him so much. He also promised to marry me and which I have also agreed to. But we are waiting after my graduation then we keep off the marriage. The problem here is my parents those not agree in our relationship. And they are seriously fighting it. Please I need your advice cry cry cry
This is criminal here
I don't advice criminals angry
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 23, 2018
Pls marry him.
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by AmazingELixir: 3:53pm On Dec 23, 2018
lipsrsealed

Wow Diswan naa serious matter.
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Richy4(m): 3:53pm On Dec 23, 2018
He is not disabled but physically challenged stop using the word disabled.. It sounds some how to the ear..

1 Like

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by laivwire(m): 4:01pm On Dec 23, 2018
One of my half brothers had polio from childhood. Its quite bad as both legs were affected and he uses a pair of crutches. His waist downward is also thoroughly underdeveloped. He should be around 40 years now and married to one of the most beautiful 'able bodied' women I have ever seen. He has 2 masters, a politician with APC and about to run for office by 2023. He's also got 4 beautiful kids, girls and boys.

Disability is never a barrier but marriage is a serious issue. There's no backing out especially if you are a christian. Its easy to look at surviving in the short term but imagine being with him for years unending. Like someone said above which I can confirm, in marriage love is important but common sense and logic is importanter. Is he equally crazy over you or likely to look outside after he hammers especially in the music world of today.

My parents didn't support my marriage either but they later gave their consent with a grain of salt. My mind was prepared for the worst case scenario and I'm thankful I wasn't disappointed with my decision but I'm happy and blessed with pleasant surprises.

Its all up to you.

5 Likes

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by mikejj(m): 4:01pm On Dec 23, 2018
good one i celebrate you..but ask yourself the bitter question...can you live with a disable person for the next 100 years of your life...??
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 23, 2018
Carrywent:
There is this Guy I am dating, he is a disabled but not that serious. He uses wheelchair but hardworking. We both studied in the same secondary School. We were Besties, we latter turned lovers. He is an idealist, he is also independent. Before you ask his occupation. He was an author and letter turned musical producer. Like i said he is independent. He relocated to Lagos after he finished studying music production and established his own studio in Lagos.
I love him so much. He also promised to marry me and which I have also agreed to. But we are waiting after my graduation then we keep off the marriage. The problem here is my parents those not agree in our relationship. And they are seriously fighting it. Please I need your advice cry cry cry

Nothing left to say. Listen to the man that first commented.

He said it all....
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by lordimmaogidi(m): 4:06pm On Dec 23, 2018
Serious!!! If those Men On wheel Chair F*ck you ehhhh,You will be in heaven...
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 23, 2018
sounds like you really love him and he loves you too. if you leave him you might not find another love like him again and you're going to regret it.
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 23, 2018
Carrywent:
If it's love, you can't fight love. Beg your parents for their consent if they still do not agree( in which they'll eventually), then... For me all I can say is search the scriptures, because I don't want you disobeying your parents. Disobeying your parents can bring a curse. Settle the matter with God first, he'll give you the path to follow and if it's your will( because God loves his children's will) he'll surely make your parents to agree with it. The scripture( the Bible) is the answer.
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 23, 2018
Ogaga87:
Shay na because the person involve nor be Dangote or Otedola abi..

Your parents get sense well, well..

Dem try for still thinking say you be baby..

All these parents won't stop

But the Reality is that the Person is not Dangote or Otedola na...
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 4:11pm On Dec 23, 2018
1StopRudeness:
Pele, for our side, them go say the guy don knack you confirm otumokpor...which might be true...but sometimes it's just true love. I congratulate u

Ur parents love u..they don't want u to have a husband that will be a burden to u....push around, help to bath, help up the stairs....etc.i hope u are ready for the stress. Brace urself..I know what I'm saying.

However, u can let ur mum know that, a woman can marry a complete abled bodied man, and accident can make him disabled....one would shaa not divorce such a man....yinka ayefele for example
Let them know u love the guy scatter..with prayers and time....they might support...
.if not....babe.another man dey.....don't go against Ur parents because of man u jam for street
stop it man. I have a disabled cousin who is married. He never needs help for anything not even to go up the stairs. He drives himself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by tabithababy(f): 4:11pm On Dec 23, 2018
Listen to your parent or else you will regret it
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Ogaga87(m): 4:12pm On Dec 23, 2018
Noel1:

But the Reality is that the Person is not Dangote or Otedola na...

I dey drink garri now.. When I'm done I go reply you

1 Like

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 23, 2018
Ogaga87:

I dey drink garri now.. When I'm done I go reply you

Merry Drinking!
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Ogaga87(m): 4:15pm On Dec 23, 2018
Noel1:

Merry Drinking!

Lol

Funny U
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by zicoraads: 4:16pm On Dec 23, 2018
Going against one's parents concerning life time decisions like marriage can be very difficult. But sometimes, it isn't always a bad decision.
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 23, 2018
Ogaga87:

Lol

Funny U

OK Merry Christmas Gari drinking grin grin grin
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Ogaga87(m): 4:18pm On Dec 23, 2018
Noel1:

OK Merry Christmas Gari drinking grin grin grin

Lol

You're just jabbing my ribs anyhow..
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by obowunmi(m): 4:21pm On Dec 23, 2018
Carrywent:

Follow your heart. Love with the right person is beautiful.
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Notatribalist(m): 4:25pm On Dec 23, 2018
MissRaine69:
So the young lady in question made it clear that he is independent. He got to this stage of his life without this lady physically assisting him so why would she start bathing and carrying him around? What makes you think he cannot climb stairs?
The bottom line is as a society we are biased against people with a disabilities. We assume some external forces are at play, it’s contagious and disabled people should not enjoy life as we do for one reason or the other. That is just ignorance at play.
To conclude it is your life, there is no guarantee that marrying an able bodied man will yield better results.
It might take a bit of time to convince your parents but persevere with this.
Society in general needs to look at disabled people the way you do with this man. View them as people not just focus on the wheelchair as some comments seem to be doing here.
don't mind those selfish guys posting rubbish.. No one knows tomorrow. The able body man today can become disable tomorrow..

1 Like

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 23, 2018
Carrywent:

I love him so much.
It shows. It's written all over your post and it's heartwarming. Forge ahead with the relationship, girl. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Berankis: 4:39pm On Dec 23, 2018
MissRaine69:
So the young lady in question made it clear that he is independent. He got to this stage of his life without this lady physically assisting him so why would she start bathing and carrying him around? What makes you think he cannot climb stairs?
The bottom line is as a society we are biased against people with a disabilities. We assume some external forces are at play, it’s contagious and disabled people should not enjoy life as we do for one reason or the other. That is just ignorance at play.
To conclude it is your life, there is no guarantee that marrying an able bodied man will yield better results.
Society in general needs to look at disabled people the way you do with this man. View them as people not just focus on the wheelchair as some comments seem to be doing here.
May God bless you!
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by AmeLonRo(m): 4:40pm On Dec 23, 2018
Love. You need to follow your parents sometimes. they know more than you. Hope your eye will not clear later.

https://newkokoro.com/2018/12/23/why-men-need-sex-more-than-women/
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by berrystunn(m): 4:41pm On Dec 23, 2018
What do you know about love?

You love him or you feel sorry for him, that driver your emotions

What challenges have you cross with him ?
What fight?
What argument?
What level of satisfaction?

My friend listen to your parents

Young star lovers.
If you know, you will say yes
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by AreaFada2: 4:41pm On Dec 23, 2018
MissRaine69:
Plenty Amstel Malt or whatever you drink my dear. cheesy grin

Her parents are more concerned about "what people will say". Not really about whether the guy is independent or not.

Society that is largely superstitious, ignorant (even the educated) and biased cannot see beyond parochial inclinations.

Does everybody have to climb many stairs daily even? Shouldn't we start thinking of the physically challenged when designing houses and offices to ease their movement?

3 Likes

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by DavidEsq(m): 4:44pm On Dec 23, 2018
Carrywent:
Where is part of the story where ur parents chased u out of the house?

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by DavidEsq(m): 4:44pm On Dec 23, 2018
Carrywent:
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Berankis: 4:47pm On Dec 23, 2018
I have a brother, in fact the eldest son of my Dad who is disabled. In spite of his disability he is now a PhD holder, now lives in the United States with wife and 3 Children. He has a coaching centre in California and has a foundation in Nigeria which helps disabled people like him. He gives money to able bodied people like me. Even with my able body am yet to complete my MBA since 2014. What more can I say...? Life is life! Just be convinced within yourself and make your decisions. It will be well!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by goodmorning40: 4:47pm On Dec 23, 2018
It is not advisable to go into marriage without the consent of both families. If your family does not agree delay the marriage until u get their consent through gentle persuasions. Getting pregnant like some people adviced here will only make things worst. Marriage is not as blissful as you are viewing it now, it is a long rough road, u will need all the support u can get, being abandoned by your family through marriage is like travelling on a long road of emotional torture and pains.

That is not to say that marriage success depends on family consent but love is truly not enough for marriage.

Your parents have been around much longer, they have seen it all so their fears might not be unfounded. Consider their advice very closely.

Marrying a disabled man is not a ticket to bad life after all many married able bodied men but still live as ones with disabled husbands becos they do virtually everything by themselves alone. You just have to be sure you are ready for the challenges
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by able1993(m): 4:52pm On Dec 23, 2018
Sorry about that, it is just another dimension of life, pick up pieces and face it, I wish you well on your journey.....

Anyway, if you wish to be motivated about what you are doing or want to read life stories to learn from, success strategies.....then visit www.motivate.com.ng

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How I Got To Know My Boyfriend Is Married With 2 Kids - Nigerian Lady / Caught His Landlady And Co-tenant In The Act (advice Urgently Needed) / Why Are Ladies Of Dis Generation Crazy About Big Dicks?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.