Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,703 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Bury Your 2023 Presidential Ambition, PDP Tells Osinbajo - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bury Your 2023 Presidential Ambition, PDP Tells Osinbajo (20166 Views)

As Vice President You Can’t Waive Your Immunity, Lawyer Tells Osinbajo / ‘Bury Your Head In Shame’ – Oyegun To APC / Femi Kuti Tells Osinbajo: I Won't Support Buhari At Felabration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bury Your 2023 Presidential Ambition, PDP Tells Osinbajo by abbey621(m): 6:16pm On Dec 24, 2018
UnchangeableGod:
I can't say if these evils occuring in this administsration will happen or not under Atiku. It is when he gets there, we will know. If he does same, let him be voted out until we get it right. My message is that we eschew tribalism and vote based on performance and fulfilment of promises. Once our politicians know that Nigerians are not sentimental but vote based on performance, they will sit up and not take us for granted. God bless Nigeria.

Are you saying a VP of 8 years had no control over certain aspect of the economy? Are you saying such a person had no control over the extra judicial/ethnic/religious killings? Ok I accept Buhari has failed, must we recycle another past leader? Is the solution to failure adding more failure?
Re: Bury Your 2023 Presidential Ambition, PDP Tells Osinbajo by Felixv: 6:17pm On Dec 24, 2018
UnchangeableGod:
That is not the point Sir. You accused me of being 'ignorantly subjective' but could not substantiate, only to resort to hatred and ignorance induced insults. I don't blame you Sir, since you have been defeated and know not what else to say. "By their fruits, ye shall know them". You don't know my family, do you?
Even if our Vice President is better educated than we all, so the best way to prove it is to tell people to vote based on primordial and base ethnic sentiments as opposed to voting based on proven capability, performance and track records! What an educated fellow indeed!

ok....

as I stated earlier --nobody will put a chain on your neck and drag you to the polls..whomever you vote for is your constitutional right.

Prof can say what he likes,and as a APC member he would certainly ask 'his followers' to vote for his party so 'we' can claim the 2013 ticket.

happy xmas.
Re: Bury Your 2023 Presidential Ambition, PDP Tells Osinbajo by SaintLucia: 6:22pm On Dec 24, 2018
UnchangeableGod:
Do you know what the Southwest said about Nigeria after the injustice of June 12, 1993? Maybe, you were not born then. Do you know what the Niger Deltans did to our oil wealth as a result of injustice and killing of Ken Saro Wiwa and eight other Ogoni leaders? However, the presidency of Olusegun Obasanjo, a Yoruba from the Southwest and Goodluck Jonathan, a Niger Deltan helped to create a sense of belonging for them in the Nigerian project. It does not mean that every problem in the Southwest and Niger Delta have been solved because their sons had gotten to the highest office in the land. Not at all. But it shows that there is indeed the true feeling of One Nigeria for them. Part of Nigeria's problem is self-centeredness and ethnocentricism. I hope we come out of it. God bless Nigeria.
Opomu what did the southwest say about June12? Do u think you are chatting with someone born in the 90s? Abi have u ever heard any tribe in Nigeria referring to the country as ZOO aside your useless tribe from the potopoto region?
Re: Bury Your 2023 Presidential Ambition, PDP Tells Osinbajo by UnchangeableGod: 9:11pm On Dec 24, 2018
SaintLucia:
Opomu what did the southwest say about June12? Do u think you are chatting with someone born in the 90s? Abi have u ever heard any tribe in Nigeria referring to the country as ZOO aside your useless tribe from the potopoto region?
I thought I was charting with an adult.
Re: Bury Your 2023 Presidential Ambition, PDP Tells Osinbajo by UnchangeableGod: 9:28pm On Dec 24, 2018
Felixv:

ok....

as I stated earlier --nobody will put a chain on your neck and drag you to the polls..whomever you vote for is your constitutional right.

Prof can say what he likes,and as a APC member he would certainly ask 'his followers' to vote for his party so 'we' can claim the 2013 ticket.

happy xmas.
You are still missing the point. No one says that the Vice President should not campaign for his party. But as the Vice President of Nigeria, I think it is demeaning for him to ask people to vote purely on ethnic lines. IMO, it is base, primordial and divisive. In order words, Nigerians outside Yoruba land who believe the Vice President is competent should not vote for his party because they are not Yorubas. On what basis then should the Hausas, Igbos, Fulanis, Tivs, Ibibios, Ijaws, Kanuris, Urhobos, Idomas, Igalas, Nupes, Biroms, Ebiras, etc vote for his party? Are you implying that 'his followers' are only from the Southwest? If that is the case, he is the Vice President of the Southwest, whereas his position is a national, not sectional one. Compliments of the season.
Re: Bury Your 2023 Presidential Ambition, PDP Tells Osinbajo by UnchangeableGod: 9:42pm On Dec 24, 2018
abbey621:

Are you saying a VP of 8 years had no control over certain aspect of the economy? Are you saying such a person had no control over the extra judicial/ethnic/religious killings? Ok I accept Buhari has failed, must we recycle another past leader? Is the solution to failure adding more failure?
Friend, there is only one President and Commander -in-chief at a time. The Vice President only does what the president allows him to do otherwise there would be clashes which would be detrimental to the interest of the Vice President. That is why there are usually radical political and ideological changes when a former Vice President becomes a substantive or even acting President. In this regard, we can only judge Atiku by his performance if elected and sworn in as President. Complements of the season.
Re: Bury Your 2023 Presidential Ambition, PDP Tells Osinbajo by Felixv: 9:56pm On Dec 24, 2018
UnchangeableGod:
You are still missing the point. No one says that the Vice President should not campaign for his party. But as the Vice President of Nigeria, I think it is demeaning for him to ask people to vote purely on ethnic lines. IMO, it is base, primordial and divisive. In order words, Nigerians outside Yoruba land who believe the Vice President is competent should not vote for his party because they are not Yorubas. On what basis then should the Hausas, Igbos, Fulanis, Tivs, Ibibios, Ijaws, Kanuris, Urhobos, Idomas, Igalas, Nupes, Biroms, Ebiras, etc vote for his party? Are you implying that 'his followers' are only from the Southwest? If that is the case, he is the Vice President of the Southwest, whereas his position is a national, not sectional one. Compliments of the season.

We are going back and forth over nothing..

Osinbajo said Saturday, that the South West would take a shot at the presidency at the end of Buhari’s tenure in 2023. There is no gurantee!!! --he said a 'shot' meaning we would prove our worth.

2019 will show who his followers are ---we shall see who would vote for him and buhari

But we don't expect much from the SS or SE and we certainly do not care.

if the SS and SE want to be part of the APC struggle for control in 2023 then this is the time to prove their case.
Re: Bury Your 2023 Presidential Ambition, PDP Tells Osinbajo by SaintLucia: 8:45am On Dec 25, 2018
UnchangeableGod:
I thought I was charting with an adult.
Pele o Samuel Ajayi Crowther.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2019: Jonathan’s Kinsmen Allege Ex-president, Wife Working For Opposition / Fire Outbreak At Ayede Power Station, Akinyemi, Ibadan (Video) / PIB: South-West Governors, Senators, Reps To Meet In Abuja On Tuesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.