Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,488 members, 7,958,481 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:22 PM

It’s ‘unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘with Less Resources’ - Fashola - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It’s ‘unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘with Less Resources’ - Fashola (12632 Views)

Adelabu to Nigerians: Expect Improved Power Supply Between Six Months and a Year / 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide / Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It’s ‘unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘with Less Resources’ - Fashola by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 24, 2018
danot1030:

No bro, Ikotun area
Ok. This improvement is almost everywhere though.

2 Likes

Re: It’s ‘unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘with Less Resources’ - Fashola by Godblesspmb: 8:10am On Dec 24, 2018
Yankee101:
More lies

Please vote APC out already
stop fooling your self, power has really improve.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: It’s ‘unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘with Less Resources’ - Fashola by efighter: 8:14am On Dec 24, 2018
Yankee101:
More lies

Please vote APC out already

4 + 4 = 8

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It’s ‘unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘with Less Resources’ - Fashola by efighter: 8:18am On Dec 24, 2018
easynetsms:
So u actually sat down and ur mind told u to say D's rubbish ... Eh Mr. Minister

Check my signature for cheap internet service

Go and sell your cheap internet service to Atikuloot and Obituary. I won't buy internet from a PDP supporter because it's going to be fake. 4 + 4 = 8

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It’s ‘unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘with Less Resources’ - Fashola by PapaAdanna: 8:19am On Dec 24, 2018
AFONjas and deceit are 5 and 6...
Re: It’s ‘unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘with Less Resources’ - Fashola by VULCAN(m): 8:21am On Dec 24, 2018
If you are observant, you will notice that 95% of those screaming power has improved registered on Nairaland this year 2018. The remaining 5% registered since 2016

Dumb as mess BMC's.

Sweating hard for that 30k

1 Like

Re: It’s ‘unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘with Less Resources’ - Fashola by mechanics(m): 8:24am On Dec 24, 2018
Not in all states, Niger state is still in darkness, how I wish the power in maiduguri be diverted to Niger state.
Re: It’s ‘unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘with Less Resources’ - Fashola by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 24, 2018
Fat lies!
Re: It’s ‘unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘with Less Resources’ - Fashola by Chikpat(m): 8:27am On Dec 24, 2018
seguno2:

If he is working with Buhari and APC, he is programmed to tell lies.
It is in their DNA.

What is a lie in what the minister said? Be sincere

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It’s ‘unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘with Less Resources’ - Fashola by mescapee: 8:29am On Dec 24, 2018
deji17:
It’s ‘Unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘With Less Resources’, Says Fashola

Channels Television
Updated December 23, 2018

The Minister of Power, Works, and Housing, Mr Babatunde Fashola, says the Muhammadu Buhari administration has improved power supply in the last three years.

He told Channels Television on Sunday that although the government has yet to completely fulfil the promise made in 2015, even those criticising the present administration would not argue the improvement in the power sector.

“We set very high aspirations and we will get there, and what I am saying today is that we have improved on what we met, and that is unarguable and unimpeachable,” Fashola said during his appearance on Sunday Politics.

He added, “And we have done so in shorter time and with less resources. Let their (the critics) sympathisers continue to weaponise the challenges they created but the truth is that we are the ones solving the problems that we met.

“That’s why we sought the office because we think we are better than them and we have proven that we are.”

It's 'Unarguable' We Have Improved Power 'With Less Resources', Says Fashola
Mr Babatunde Fashola speaks during an interview on Sunday Politics on December 23, 2018.
The minister explained that there was a need to invest in power, whether on the part of the government or the private sector or from both sides if the sector must develop.

According to him, it is important for the people to compare where they are to where they are coming from, and the promises made by the present administration.

Fashola revealed that upon his assumption of duty in 2015, he set out a clear agenda for the ministry that it would first seek to achieve incremental power, saying it was already yielding results.

“We are producing more power than what we met; we are transmitting more power than what we met, and we are distributing more power than what we met,” he said.

He added, “I met 4,000MW; we have added three (thousand) more – 1,000MW per year. Our raw rate is a thousand megawatts (MW) every year.

“Since I came, we have completed projects they didn’t complete, we have evacuated 800 containers they left at the port; that’s mediocre administration… they didn’t administer a government.”

The minister, however, admitted that the numbers were not as important as the experience of Nigerians who were the consumers.

He noted that the government has not gotten to its destination yet, but the people can attest that power supply has improved in the last three years.

“Nigerians will tell you, on the average, that they are spending less money on buying diesel, they are spending less money on buying petrol for their generators.”

While the people still spend money on fuel in the case of a power outage, Fashola insisted that the case was not the same compared to the previous administration.

He stressed states like Kebbi were getting about 24 hours of power supply because there was a local arrangement in place to ensure people pay for the electricity consumed.

The minister added that he got a report from some residents of Maiduguri, the Borno State capital recently that the government should reduce the “24-hour” power supply in their area because they cannot afford to pay for it.

On power supply off the national grid, he said, ”We have been innovative, we are targeting market, we are targeting universities, we are promoting individuals and businesses to get their own energy under the existing regulations that we have championed.”

“So, we have a mini-grid policy … and I see a very clear path to solving this problem. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t remain.”

https://www.channelstv.com/2018/12/23/its-unarguable-we-have-improved-power-supply-with-less-resources-says-fashola/

And the tariff rose what figure in 2014 to what figure in 2018?
Re: It’s ‘unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘with Less Resources’ - Fashola by easynetsms(m): 8:33am On Dec 24, 2018
efighter:

Go and sell your cheap internet service to Atikuloot and Obituary. I won't buy internet from a PDP supporter because it's going to be fake. 4 + 4 = 8

I realised that most Buhari supporters are unlettered that's why we are still here today. If u can list 5 tangible thing Buhari has done that has moved Nigeria forward I will now know that u have won..
Re: It’s ‘unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘with Less Resources’ - Fashola by Cinacci124: 8:39am On Dec 24, 2018
"We have achieved more with less resources," the new APC mantra....... undecided

1 Like

Re: It’s ‘unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘with Less Resources’ - Fashola by Godblesspmb: 8:43am On Dec 24, 2018
Princedapace:

Don't mind them. Nigerians are so wicked. The power, the rail, the agriculture, etc are all GEJ programmes which he started and went really far. GEJ only spent one term. The other two years were war for him becus of yaradua's death. Even the one term was serious war for him becus of Boko haram and the kidnapped girls. Just that GEJ was a gentle man and these useless apc members intimidated him. GEJ I hated but had serious programmes. His agricultural minister was the best ever. GEJ did a lot in the power sector which could have been far better if he had continued. Some of GEJ projects started maturing now. It is so sad that this useless party can't swallow their ego. The foundation for power and rail system and our aviation sector were built by GEJ. U see these ones, called APC, they have done nothing.
what of the recession,? what of Boko Haram? what of corruption? Who's foundation are they? I belief u ll say they are not PDP foundation. AKUYA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s ‘unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘with Less Resources’ - Fashola by egopersonified(f): 8:44am On Dec 24, 2018
Here in Benin, it's 3 hours a day, thanks fashola for making our dreams come true
Re: It’s ‘unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘with Less Resources’ - Fashola by jidxin(m): 8:47am On Dec 24, 2018
ImperialYoruba:
Correct!

We went from 7days without power under GEJ to where now sef if we dont get power in a 24 hr period we begin to grumble. Buhari and Fashola don take power spoil us small.

We thank you Minister
what exactly do you want to gain from peddling lies as obvious like this?
Re: It’s ‘unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘with Less Resources’ - Fashola by deji17: 8:49am On Dec 24, 2018
Cinacci124:
"We have achieved more with less resources," the new APC mantra....... undecided

Yes o. Doing more with less revenue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It’s ‘unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘with Less Resources’ - Fashola by jidxin(m): 8:49am On Dec 24, 2018
PassingShot:
Children of hate, anger and frustration will say it's a lie or propaganda.

They're born blind with propaganda, prejudice and hateful politics that they can't see anything good in this government.

The attached picture says everything about them.

pls ooo....from ur pix below what is traders money or Npower
Re: It’s ‘unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘with Less Resources’ - Fashola by Godblesspmb: 8:53am On Dec 24, 2018
Here in Jos power has really improve
GOD BLESS BUHARI

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It’s ‘unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘with Less Resources’ - Fashola by shigoawesu(m): 8:55am On Dec 24, 2018
With all sincerity power supply has improve, we should know we can't get stable i mean uninterrupted power supply within a short period. What I keep telling people is that if we have been having this kind of improvement for the last 15yrs we will not be where we're today. So if we see something good let say it, we are actually expecting magic from this government which is not fair.we want them to do all what past government could not do in the last 16years within 2years. Let think

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It’s ‘unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘with Less Resources’ - Fashola by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 24, 2018
Why do Yorubas celebrate lies from APC?

there is no light anywhere in Nigeria again..

You barely have 3 hours light per day now, some places don't even see light at all.
Re: It’s ‘unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘with Less Resources’ - Fashola by paskilo247(m): 9:01am On Dec 24, 2018
Channels should have invited a minister of power under PDP to explain his own side story. Look what at he said, they have improved power they didn't improve, we v completed projects they didn't completed, Nigerians are buying fuel n diesel at lesser pices, Nigerians re paying lesser electric bills than they paid b4
Re: It’s ‘unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘with Less Resources’ - Fashola by mudiana(m): 9:04am On Dec 24, 2018
If you stay in Benin like me, this news is not for us cos we no dey see light. Benin no dey inside "fashola Nigeria with improved power"
Re: It’s ‘unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘with Less Resources’ - Fashola by Oblang(m): 9:08am On Dec 24, 2018
DonFreshmoney:
Any sane person will know it's the investment into the power sector of 4-8 years ago by pdp administration that APC is reaping the benefits now.

Only fools will believe that APC just came to power 3 years ago, and transmission Distribution and generation indices shoots up like that.

Yes part of those investments is to leave 800 containers of power equipments at the port. U are quick to attribute whatever gains in this govt to PDP but will never agree they lay the foundation to the current hardship the country is going through...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It’s ‘unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘with Less Resources’ - Fashola by sleemomymy: 9:08am On Dec 24, 2018
genius43:
With less than 8 hours a day currently as against 20hours a day in 2015, I can see great improvement.

Me when I see fashola
PEOPLE LIKE YOU CAN NOT BE HELP. YOU ARE SUCH A PARTETIC LIER.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It’s ‘unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘with Less Resources’ - Fashola by exlink10(m): 9:10am On Dec 24, 2018
is fashola in nigeria at all?

this man self
Re: It’s ‘unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘with Less Resources’ - Fashola by exlink10(m): 9:11am On Dec 24, 2018

this man self
Re: It’s ‘unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘with Less Resources’ - Fashola by exlink10(m): 9:11am On Dec 24, 2018

this man self
Re: It’s ‘unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘with Less Resources’ - Fashola by genius43(m): 9:11am On Dec 24, 2018
sleemomymy:
PEOPLE LIKE YOU CAN NOT BE HELP. YOU ARE SUCH A PARTETIC LIER LIAR.

Like we stay in the same location, ass-licker. The truth we always be bitter to the BMC's.

Re: It’s ‘unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘with Less Resources’ - Fashola by Princedapace(m): 9:13am On Dec 24, 2018
Godblesspmb:
what of the recession,? what of Boko Haram? what of corruption? Who's foundation are they? I belief u ll say they are not PDP foundation. AKUYA

Bros, forget this pdp and apc of a thing.. Pdp is just a party. Apc is just a party. Make una get small sense. Many people in apc today were there in pdp. I don't see things in the party way bro. Even Buhari has ruled nigeria before.

GEJ did just one term and he really tried. He initiated remarkable projects and ideas. TSA was his project, he started the aviation rebranding project, he embarked on the rail and power project, the fertilizer project in the agric sector was his initiative, etc. Which corruption are u attributing to pdp? The same people who committed the corruption are in apc. Or is Tinubu a saint? Or is Buhari a saint? Or is Buhari's nephew a saint?

My brother, I'm not here to drag corruption with u. Nigerian leaders are corrupt. See Orji Kalu who brought Abia state down is also an apc member. Look at Apkabio too. Make una understand that pdp and apc are mere parties and humans make up these parties. These humans can switch to any party at anytime.

But that shouldn't take away the projects and ideas started by GEJ. GEJ built more universities for northern Nigeria than any of their leaders ever did. The illiteracy in the region was too much and contributed badly to spread of Boko haram. He started education programme for them. He build universities and pry and secondary schools for them to take away their youths from the street. GEJ problem was that he contested after Yaradua died. Northern and yrouba Muslims hated him for that. If not for the stupid war they brought and spread during his regime, that man would av done quite much for the country. Hw understood the basics of leadership and gave sound men and women opportunity to work for the country. Unfortunately, many people took advantage of the Boko haram war to enrich them selves. That same thing is happening now. People are still getting richer due to the war.
Finally, the corruption going on by members of apc is huge. I really wish u watched the video interview by one of the presidential candidates recently, u may understand better. The issue is when fighting corruption, u fight the cause, not just the people. U need to understand why this corruption takes place. What are the methods used by these people. U try and fix these things. That was what GEJ tried to do with TSA, that was what he tried to achieve by hunting down ghost workers etc. Like one of the presidential candidates said, the same corruption taking place under pdp is still happening now. Why? The people who did this corruption have switched parties too and the loopholes that causes this corruption have not been fixed.

It is like fighting Yahoo boys when u have not addressed unemployment. It can't work.
Re: It’s ‘unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘with Less Resources’ - Fashola by Oblang(m): 9:17am On Dec 24, 2018
aolawale025:

How many plants have fasola built to have added 3000MW
He met 7000MW
That's the fact

https://naija247news.com/2015/07/17/nigeria-electricity-generation-hits-new-all-time-peak-of-4656mw/
Re: It’s ‘unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘with Less Resources’ - Fashola by snowball11(m): 9:18am On Dec 24, 2018
israelmao:
Tell us how many power stations you built and how many states enjoy stable power supply as you promised?

These are questions Nigerians should be asking! How many power stations has the APC government built in the past 3years to improve generation capacity from 4000MW to 8000MW? undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BudgIT: State-Of-states 2022 Edition Released / State Governors, Others Consulted On Water Bill –FG / Anambra Election: Bishop Kukah Speaks After Peace Accord Signing In Awka: Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.