Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,513 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Lincoln Unveils The Special-edition Continental With Suicide Doors. (PHOTOS) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lincoln Unveils The Special-edition Continental With Suicide Doors. (PHOTOS) (24130 Views)

Russians Turned ₦81m Bentley Continental GT Into The World's Most Luxurious Tank / Confirmed: Rolls-royce Cullinan SUV Is Coming With Suicide Doors (photos) / Mercedes-Benz Unveils The All-New 2019 G550 G-Wagon (2) (3) (4)

Lincoln Unveils The Special-edition Continental With Suicide Doors. (PHOTOS) by TechCapon(m): 10:47am On Dec 24, 2018
TechCapon

Ford luxury sub-brand Lincoln has unleashed the latest edition of the Lincoln Continental to mark it’s 80th anniversary. Bentley also has it’s own luxury model know as the Continental so don’t get it mixed up. The company says only 80 units of the 80th anniversary limited edition will be made. The Lincoln Continental is a luxury brand. It has been using the suicide door design since 1961 which is the car’s most iconic design.

However, the Continental was killed in 2002 by the company only for it to be revived in 2017. David Woodhouse, Lincoln designer general says in a statement “The center-opening doors became synonymous with the Lincoln Continental, even though they were only featured primarily in the ’60s”. “When you open the doors, it’s like a welcoming gesture.” Kemal Curic, Lincoln chief designer, told Digital Trends at the car’s unveiling.

The name “suicide doors” came about as a result of wind rushing past could blow the door open on older car. Especially when the car is on top speed but that’s no longer the case with the newer models. Although the Rolls-Royce still uses the “suicide doors,” it has completely gone out of fashion

Under the hood, the car uses the same 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged V6 engine, which produces 400 horsepower and 400 pound-feet of torque. The V6 is mated to a six-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive. Although the car debuts as a 2019 model, it will be produced well into 2020.

Lincoln is already taking orders for the 80 cars which will mark it’s 80th anniversary. Not withstanding, the cars will be delivered to customers in 2019.

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/lincoln-unveils-special-edition-continental/

Re: Lincoln Unveils The Special-edition Continental With Suicide Doors. (PHOTOS) by Emeskhalifa(m): 1:43pm On Dec 24, 2018
This is marvelous!!!

hmmm make i go dey hawk my data first, we go buy am too wan dey

need mtn data? Check HERE 1GB 650.

Re: Lincoln Unveils The Special-edition Continental With Suicide Doors. (PHOTOS) by youngzeal1: 1:44pm On Dec 24, 2018
Hey
Re: Lincoln Unveils The Special-edition Continental With Suicide Doors. (PHOTOS) by Lexusgs430: 1:44pm On Dec 24, 2018
Remain umbrella.....

Re: Lincoln Unveils The Special-edition Continental With Suicide Doors. (PHOTOS) by OBTMOS(m): 1:44pm On Dec 24, 2018
Uh

Re: Lincoln Unveils The Special-edition Continental With Suicide Doors. (PHOTOS) by Compliant(m): 1:44pm On Dec 24, 2018
Nice

SUICIDE DOOR INDEED
Re: Lincoln Unveils The Special-edition Continental With Suicide Doors. (PHOTOS) by Josnac(m): 1:45pm On Dec 24, 2018
Please does the doors help someone to commit suicide??

Modified:

Biko can someone here who has enough money he's not using just help me get this car, me I want to actually see what will happen if at the speed of 220km/hr I decide to open the doors..

17 Likes

Re: Lincoln Unveils The Special-edition Continental With Suicide Doors. (PHOTOS) by naijaguy123456(m): 1:46pm On Dec 24, 2018
Am cruising around town in this by this time next year , AMEN.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lincoln Unveils The Special-edition Continental With Suicide Doors. (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 24, 2018
Nice Ride

Re: Lincoln Unveils The Special-edition Continental With Suicide Doors. (PHOTOS) by lilmax(m): 1:47pm On Dec 24, 2018
test drove this though, no biggie
Re: Lincoln Unveils The Special-edition Continental With Suicide Doors. (PHOTOS) by abiaumo(m): 1:48pm On Dec 24, 2018
The spare part of this kind motor fit buy u second hand motor.
Re: Lincoln Unveils The Special-edition Continental With Suicide Doors. (PHOTOS) by Emmy3(m): 1:48pm On Dec 24, 2018
I know that those who didn't read or understand the content will think it's a door meant for suicide.

"I pledge to Buhari my President
To be faithful loyal and honest
To stand with him in 2019 Election and beyond
To campaign for him with all my strength
To defend his dignity and
Thumbs up a honor at him
So help me God."

Kindly share and like, if you pledge, too

NPower ID
N-HEALTH-2017-000001908608

Re: Lincoln Unveils The Special-edition Continental With Suicide Doors. (PHOTOS) by abiaumo(m): 1:50pm On Dec 24, 2018
Josnac:
Please does the doors help someone to commit suicide??

LOL.
Re: Lincoln Unveils The Special-edition Continental With Suicide Doors. (PHOTOS) by bjt(m): 1:50pm On Dec 24, 2018
aruikes:
Poverty died die die , poverty die...

check my signature

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lincoln Unveils The Special-edition Continental With Suicide Doors. (PHOTOS) by Hadone(m): 1:51pm On Dec 24, 2018
JUBRILBuhari deserve this one
Re: Lincoln Unveils The Special-edition Continental With Suicide Doors. (PHOTOS) by morikee: 1:53pm On Dec 24, 2018
Chai see heaven on Earth
Re: Lincoln Unveils The Special-edition Continental With Suicide Doors. (PHOTOS) by Emperor2463(m): 1:53pm On Dec 24, 2018
8 Signs She Enjoys Having S3_x With You (Pics) ADVLTS ONLY!

https://legitnewsblog..com/2018/12/8-signs-she-enjoys-having-s3x-with-you.html?m=1
Re: Lincoln Unveils The Special-edition Continental With Suicide Doors. (PHOTOS) by wink2015(m): 1:54pm On Dec 24, 2018
Senator Dino Melaye representing kogi must be doing blin blin and blinking his greedy eyes for flashy western countries built cars.

Trust our politicians they will be very desperate to steal from our collective commonwealth to acquire this high tech road machines.

God Almighty should save us from their penchant greed. Amen

Re: Lincoln Unveils The Special-edition Continental With Suicide Doors. (PHOTOS) by sole26: 1:54pm On Dec 24, 2018
abiaumo:
The spare part of this kind motor fit buy u second hand motor.

Tell poverty to die by fire from ur life.
Re: Lincoln Unveils The Special-edition Continental With Suicide Doors. (PHOTOS) by mcdude1(m): 1:55pm On Dec 24, 2018
Emoney over to you..

Re: Lincoln Unveils The Special-edition Continental With Suicide Doors. (PHOTOS) by Sgbate(m): 1:58pm On Dec 24, 2018
lilmax:
test drove this though, no biggie
babh i hail thee
Re: Lincoln Unveils The Special-edition Continental With Suicide Doors. (PHOTOS) by Holankill(m): 1:59pm On Dec 24, 2018
Re: Lincoln Unveils The Special-edition Continental With Suicide Doors. (PHOTOS) by abiaumo(m): 2:00pm On Dec 24, 2018
sole26:

Tell poverty to die by fire from ur life.

Being able to read & and not understand what you just read is a terrible way to exist. cry

Re: Lincoln Unveils The Special-edition Continental With Suicide Doors. (PHOTOS) by remi4ever(m): 2:02pm On Dec 24, 2018
Now, Thats a cold ass Auto..
Re: Lincoln Unveils The Special-edition Continental With Suicide Doors. (PHOTOS) by IAmPhiL(m): 2:03pm On Dec 24, 2018
naijaguy123456:
Am cruising around town in this by this time next year , AMEN.
stop praying fam, get your ass to working things out
i bet many prayed this last year. Instead of recycling the same prayer point, work towards the goal and you´d be next to give thanks.

just saying

fröliche Weihnachten!!!

Re: Lincoln Unveils The Special-edition Continental With Suicide Doors. (PHOTOS) by staytravel: 2:06pm On Dec 24, 2018
remi4ever:
Now, Thats a cold ass Auto..

Indeed!
Re: Lincoln Unveils The Special-edition Continental With Suicide Doors. (PHOTOS) by lenghtinny(m): 2:08pm On Dec 24, 2018
Whether Suicide or suitside doors, this is what you call automobile
Re: Lincoln Unveils The Special-edition Continental With Suicide Doors. (PHOTOS) by Abdul3391(m): 2:15pm On Dec 24, 2018
Lexusgs430:
Remain umbrella.....
And spirit of estacy
Re: Lincoln Unveils The Special-edition Continental With Suicide Doors. (PHOTOS) by staytravel: 2:21pm On Dec 24, 2018
interesting

10 Interesting Things You Didn’t Know About Lamborghini / The Ondo Auto Rally In Pictures (PHOTOS) / Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94