Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,373 members, 7,864,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:17 AM

Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected (15693 Views)

Jimi Agbaje: I Have Not Joined The APC, Disregard Falsehoods / Tinubu: My Government Will Dismantle Bottlenecks In Mining Sector / MASSOB: Don’t Build Toll Gates In South-East Else We Will Dismantle It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by Sirpaul(m): 3:03pm On Dec 24, 2018
hmmmmm Ambode said same... only for him to come in and increase the toll

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by babtoundey(m): 3:07pm On Dec 24, 2018
Emodeee:
honestly. I find it hard to believe politicians nowadays. same way the incumbent told us he was going to make a naira equal a dollar. just vote for your conscience. as the spirit leads. don't believe their manifesto.

The difference between us is, you find it hard to believe them while I don't even have to think of believing them at all. Voting in Nigeria is turning to be an effort without results.
Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by sammhi(m): 3:07pm On Dec 24, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Lagos is a one of APC govt most robust wallet.
Lagos could have been much better if not for the single party system. Just look at the federal level and how PDP went to sleep for 4 tenures.
I don't understand your post but seriously we are being shortchanged at all levels . Lagos has received over 35bn $ in 20 years .what have they to show for this ?
Is it this road repairs ....?
Lekki epe road we are paying for it ...ikoyi bridge we paid for it
Gbagada general Hospital is PPP
So what exactly have Lagos government done in 20 years that one can look to ? So much pilfering of the resources
Both Federal and Lagos have been shortchanging the citizens
It's all fraud and Massive one at that

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by sammhi(m): 3:09pm On Dec 24, 2018
Sirpaul:
hmmmmm Ambode said same... only for him to come in and increase the toll
Ambode can't do it ....he was reporting to a chairman who appointed him
Until another party takes over .we would continue to have this shortchanging

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by 27Pushing30: 3:22pm On Dec 24, 2018
Corrinthians:
Agbaje has the IQ of a typical Wawa Miscreant. cheesy
u

I swear the UK where roads are heavily tolled nko? The problem isn’t the toll gate but the cost (fare )
Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by 27Pushing30: 3:24pm On Dec 24, 2018
SchoolZinicc:
The choice to continue to pay toll on that road and the choice to pass freely belongs to Lagosians alone.

2019 is your time to choose.

Look at the traffic now that we’re paying and the road is smooth ... now imagine the traffic when we’re not paying and the road is left bad.
Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by emerged01(m): 3:27pm On Dec 24, 2018
In a country we want to stop relying federal government. If Paying toll gate is telling on your salary, park from that area and move to iyana ipaja,okoko,ikorodu,Ajangbadi. We wey dey pay no complaingrin
Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by sunnyajaks: 3:30pm On Dec 24, 2018
OhiOfIhima:
Removing the tollgate would have been so good but Tinubu n his clones can pay any amount to make sure you didn't pronounce winner even if u win... Lagos has been hijack by cabals long time ago.
Mr man stop deceiving yourself agbaje has no political capacity to win lagos state even PDP as party.......lagos belong to apc

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by foxton: 3:31pm On Dec 24, 2018
kolnel:
lol

Eradication of tolls is not the best way to go
There are tolls everywhere In developed countries too

I would be more comfortable saying
I will be accountable for the tolls collected on our roads

Agbaje should find something more tangible to campaign with and not hatred towards Tinubu
U must be a bafoon. We complain about hard times yet one man is taking undue advantage of the people and ur here defending him. U must be a cast from ,the roots'

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by foxton: 3:35pm On Dec 24, 2018
27Pushing30:
u

I swear the UK where roads are heavily tolled nko? The problem isn’t the toll gate but the cost (fare )
OBJ banned tollgate allover the country during his tenure and the heavens didnt fall

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by sunnyajaks: 3:40pm On Dec 24, 2018
Mr agbaje look for something better off to camping on not all this tinubu hatred issue.........go and learn politics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by jaxxy(m): 3:41pm On Dec 24, 2018
Niorte:
From Lekki, you're going to Shoprite, you pay toll fee, you forget something at home, you pay another fee....you go back again, you pay another fee....APC is simply wicked

Dismantling the toll gate isn’t the issue, it’s more about how the road is maintained and the revenue is utilized. Also there is an alternative route option available.
Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by PapaAdanna: 3:42pm On Dec 24, 2018
My brother JIMI, I really wish you could win this Lagos poll come 2019, to disrupt this evil dynasty set up by that ugly looking creature that the whole Afonja tribe are scared of.

Wishing you luck JIMI AGBAJE

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by mynaijadj(m): 3:43pm On Dec 24, 2018
Just the way Buhari told us he will remove subsidy.abi?
AutoJoshNG:
The governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Lagos State, Jimi Agbaje, has vowed to remove the Lekki Toll Gate, if voted into power in 2019.

Agbaje described the fee being collected at the toll gate as illegal.

The PDP guber candidate noted that though the toll gate was built by a concessionaire, it had since been bought over by the Lagos State Government.

He wondered why residents were still being forced to pay tolls to pass.

Agbaje was responding to the one-hour toll-free passage recently given to all motorists by his All Progressives Congress counterpart, Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

Agbaje said, “Unfortunately, the toll gate is opaque because no one knows its financial records. So, asking people on your campaign trail and others to pass without paying for just one hour is absurd and regrettable.

“Good road is a fundamental right of citizens and we promise to deliver on this and many other things.

“At the moment, most Lagos roads are impassable because of their poor condition. Now, motorists are compelled to pay heavily for passage.

“How about the so-called alternative routes? Ideally, government should have provided alternative routes to the Lekki Toll Gate, but the available alternate route is in a terrible shape, so everybody is forced to use the toll gate and pay.

“Therefore, yesterday’s drama by the governorship candidate of the APC is a farce. Nobody was deceived by the party’s action which also smacks of disrespect and bondage.”

Credit:   dailypost.ng

https://autojosh.com/ill-dismantle-lekki-toll-gate-if-elected-jimi-agbaje/

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 24, 2018
Just for the singular act I ready for for this man.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by bibiking7(m): 3:54pm On Dec 24, 2018

That will cause issues for other PPP projects and also reduce our IGR.

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by Max24: 3:54pm On Dec 24, 2018
kolnel:
lol

Eradication of tolls is not the best way to go
There are tolls everywhere In developed countries too

I would be more comfortable saying
I will be accountable for the tolls collected on our roads

Agbaje should find something more tangible to campaign with and not hatred towards Tinubu
But are the so called tolls everywhere also not accountable like Lagos own ? Oga, Agbajes main problem is not tolling but lack of accountability which is a basic requirements everywhere - remember he recentlly challenged them about domesticating FOI law.

2 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by akdjr(m): 3:56pm On Dec 24, 2018
Another reason why this man can never set his foot into Lagos state government house in his entire lifetime. If I am to advice him, this man should just contest for senate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by Corrinthians(m): 3:56pm On Dec 24, 2018
VaselineCrew:

You see what I say about black man being cursed?

Look at this exhibit right here and study "it".

Someone proffers a solution to a problem that affects everyone, yet the exhibit above belittles the man calling out said solution that would actually be a boon to it.

Study this thing above, in it may lie the keys to unraveling the mysteries behind the retrogression of the black man.
Mynd44, rule 2 on multiple counts.

Take note.
Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 24, 2018
Agbaje or Ogbanje?

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by Niorte: 4:08pm On Dec 24, 2018
jaxxy:

Dismantling the toll gate isn’t the issue, it’s more about how the road is maintained and the revenue is utilized. Also there is an alternative route option available.
It is not about the alternative route. The road does not deserve to be tolled.

It is wickedness to support the govt on their wicked acts for partisanship's sake.

The good of the majority should be prime. People before party

2 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by Ajibel(m): 4:09pm On Dec 24, 2018
Jimi is right on this one. I don't think that toll is needed any longer.

If they won't demolish the toll, at least reduce the fee or make the alternative routes better.

They can also make the revenues more transparent, so that those paying the toll will know what it's being used for.

3 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by RougeTv(m): 4:09pm On Dec 24, 2018
Lol
Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by ajayiopy: 4:10pm On Dec 24, 2018
IS NOT A GOOD IDEA,ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS TO REDUCE THE CHARGE.
Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by seangy4konji: 4:11pm On Dec 24, 2018
That toll Myst have collected 300k from me... Is it d hold up

Ikoyi own self will collect his own...

Bastard...

Tinubu go enter babalawo house if he see this. Use my money flexing at boudillon

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by Yankee101: 4:12pm On Dec 24, 2018
Very important

Tinubu monies must be stopped

Toll gates to get home. Not on an interstate area but within the city!

2 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by Niorte: 4:15pm On Dec 24, 2018
bibiking7:

That will cause issues for other PPP projects and also reduce our IGR.

Please what issue will it cause? Have they not realised their money? Do you know how much they make per hour? Where did Sanwo-Olu get the money to pay for a free passage for one hour? Do you know how many vehicle move along on hourly basis?

Why is the state govt shielding the deal from the populace.

I tell you, Nigerians are the number one problem of Nigeria.

Those company you called private companies are the companies of the "thieving politicians".

Is Alpha beta a private company without politician influence?
Is LCC a private company without politician influence?
You can as well call Oriental Hotel a private company but we know who controls them all.

3 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by shugabasbn: 4:15pm On Dec 24, 2018
I will rather pay much to drive on durable, motorable road than what will are experience. In as much as the fees is using judiciously ba wahala
Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 24, 2018
Corrinthians:
Mynd44, rule 2 on multiple counts.
Take note.

What did he do?

2 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by sinola(m): 4:25pm On Dec 24, 2018
REDshouse:
Unfortunately u won't get there......
We won't he if we agree.... Is high time we liberate ourselves from all these mortgaged life all these greedy politicians has set us to....
It will be the best thing that will happen o us living in lekki, ajar environs.
My family and I spends grossly 1200 everyday just on that God forsaken traffic. IMAGINE, saving that money for 365 days.... Kai

2 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected by izzou(m): 4:36pm On Dec 24, 2018
Corrinthians:
Agbaje has the IQ of a typical Wawa Miscreant. cheesy

Oh he is right

You may hate the messenger, but the message is on point

That road has existed since Adam slept with Eve. A government expanded it and started collecting toll till forever.... How does that make any sense?

Ikoyi link bridge is appropriate for tolls, but not an existing road.

Oops.... You haven't been to Lagos sef grin

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Have Evidence Ogunlewe Was Collecting Money From Tinubu- PDP / 2023: Ahmad Lawan Assures APC Of Victory As Osinbajo Meets APC Senators / Buhari Unaware Of Support Groups’ Promises To Nigerians In 2015 – Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.