Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,426 members, 7,819,551 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account (42844 Views)

90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Interior Of The New Trains (Photos) / Eye-witness Report Of The Lagos-ibadan Railway, Ifo Axis, Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by jmaine: 7:57pm On Dec 24, 2018
Nothing tangible on ground yet. Alright
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 24, 2018
those who have ears would have heard when Ameachi said the project will be completed in 2019 March. he clearly said they have not completed the one going into lagos yet because there are some issues about "right of way" which need to be addressed. He also said more emphasis is on the rail leading to Ibadan from somewhere in Ogun state at the moment.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by BossOluwendy(m): 7:58pm On Dec 24, 2018
sapoyoro:

I stay in ijoko for almost a decade.

wasn't that uncompleted bridge a project of amosun?

The bridge project belongs to the Federal government I think...it is now motorable...vehicles use the bridge because of the work going on under the bridge... The bridge isn't totally completed though...
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by Nobody: 7:58pm On Dec 24, 2018
h
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by Topmaike007(m): 7:59pm On Dec 24, 2018
okay
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by iHart(m): 7:59pm On Dec 24, 2018
BillGoldberg:
This is the type of projects Buhari likes to brandish as started and completed. Its so unfortunate that we live in a time and moment where we prefer lies to truths. Imagine what billions have been spent on already. God forbid! If I upload that of second Niger bridge, you guys will shudder! I spit on this useless nation!
I challenge you to upload an eyewitness account of the second Niger bridge!!!
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by yrex01(m): 8:01pm On Dec 24, 2018
BillGoldberg:
This is the type of projects Buhari likes to brandish as started and completed. Its so unfortunate that we live in a time and moment where we prefer lies to truths. Imagine what billions have been spent on already. God forbid! If I upload that of second Niger bridge, you guys will shudder! I spit on this useless nation!
oga upload !! We waiting !!
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by Guestlander: 8:03pm On Dec 24, 2018
shadelek:
At least the work is in progress, I hope whoever wins the next election won't ignore the project. Merry Christmas and happy new year in advance to all the nairalanders

Buhari administration will be reelected and complete the project.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by OLUWABIG(m): 8:04pm On Dec 24, 2018
BillGoldberg:

Abeg pls upload it whether here or your own thread and tag me
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by BossOluwendy(m): 8:08pm On Dec 24, 2018
landmark86:
Op is sick
I mean very siiiick
Atleast the work is still in progress.
Is it not beta than 16yrs of PDP without standard railway? Am not a lover of Buhari but dia sum things he does that u av no choice but to appreciate.
Anti progress spotted

Why are you so aggressive? Did you even read the post at all? Why must you think life or nairaland is about attacking someone? I only posted what's on ground and you are ranting like this? Now I did mentioned in the post that some sections from Itori, around Ifo LG of Ogun state have been completed and those are the pics you see on here. But of course some are yet completed! Read and understand next time and not just be quick to attack someone... Peace

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by rottennaija(m): 8:10pm On Dec 24, 2018
aonag:
the only thing buhari sabi na train, cow and oil

Someday, you will add electricity, dams, roads etc

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 24, 2018
Thank God for social media. Checkmate!
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by ogunsbanjul(m): 8:12pm On Dec 24, 2018
This is the greatest project since 1999 in South west. Whether half completed or near completion thank God we can feel the impact of democracy in the region for the first time since this nascent democracy. Osibanjo,Fashola,Fowler and Obasanjo are all from the region. Despite, we all know the only man among them who Was so powerful but never used it to develop the region. Kudos

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by Tobi0123: 8:15pm On Dec 24, 2018
Good evening guyz...please help a brother...its Christmas and I have nothing on me to celebrate with...did some jobs and haven't been paid....i haven't been able to eat something tangible today.....kindly help a brother...God bless...I will drop my account details for those willing to help...thanks...merry Christmas in advance..
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by VIPERVENOM(m): 8:19pm On Dec 24, 2018
this op sef. You're taking pictures of the umcompleted roads around the railway & not the railway itself. You're telling us one thing and showing us something different
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by BossOluwendy(m): 8:21pm On Dec 24, 2018
VIPERVENOM:
this op sef. You're taking pictures of the umcompleted roads around the railway & not the railway itself.

The road you see in the pics is where the rail track is meant to be...the drainage system is being constructed, after which the ground will be prepared for the rail track and granite added to it...
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by Felixv: 8:26pm On Dec 24, 2018
shadelek:
At least the work is in progress, I hope whoever wins the next election won't ignore the project. Merry Christmas and happy new year in advance to all the nairalanders

you better pray that pdp never goes near that project or the likes of saraki will then start to claim 'federal character' as their excuse for cancelling it....

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by VIPERVENOM(m): 8:28pm On Dec 24, 2018
BossOluwendy:

The road you see in the pics is where the rail track is meant to be...the drainage system is being constructed, after which the ground will be prepared for the rail track and granite added to it...
oga those are pictures of uncompleted roads for cars.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by kentozybee(m): 8:30pm On Dec 24, 2018
BossOluwendy:
I read yesterday the account of Oga AutoreportNG about the on going work of the Lagos Ibadan railway track and promise to post pictures of the Ijoko-Agbado axis of the railway li ne ( I pass the route sometimes). As you can see in the pictures below, construction work is still going on and not near completion.
I interviewed some of the construction workers and they told me that though work is completed at Itori around Ifo, Ogun state , work is nowhere near completion around Ijoko to Agbado...all the way to Oshodi .
CornCity
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 24, 2018
shadelek:
At least the work is in progress, I hope whoever wins the next election won't ignore the project.
Merry Christmas and happy new year in advance to all the nairalanders

Big Amen to that oo

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by Hotfreeze: 8:42pm On Dec 24, 2018
BossOluwendy:

I know you well. You are a PDP supporter supporting Atiku and Atiku.

The problem with you PDP supporters is that you are like cripples laughing at the ugly shoes of an able bodied man.

In all the 16 years of PDP, mention a single achievement of PDP in that Ijoko where you stay.

In the 8 years of Daniel under PDP, mention a single achievement of PDP in that area.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by ivandragon: 8:43pm On Dec 24, 2018
capital projects like railway tracks do not get completed because new routes/tracks are added as needed.

where APC gets it wrong is always seeking to rubbish PDP at every turn.

whatever little progress the APC has made on any project is because they met partially completed works on ground, with clear plans...

PMB will also leave behind projects he would not be able to complete.

for instance, the school feeding program covers less than 24 states, if another party gets into power & improves on the food & expands it to 34 states, would it be fair to say the SFP under PMB was a failure or he didn't do well (that's for those who feel the program is good).

APC needs to tone down its propaganda & focus on getting the job done. if giving a little credit to the efforts of past administrations would create a less tense political atmosphere & foster a unity of purpose, then it is a small price for APC to pay.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by Towersport(m): 8:46pm On Dec 24, 2018
Diso60090:

No need to pardon you because we all know you are using Nokia 3310 the model one ooh
Dudes like you looking for trouble saaa
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by olajide8(m): 8:47pm On Dec 24, 2018
millionaireman:
Nigeria, a country where money is derived from oil in the east, but spent in the west and the north.

Please educate yourself properly the cardinal points are NORTH - SOUTH - EAST and WEST how much oil reserves does the east have and how much does the south have and the west? - apart from orient oil which other oil exploration company is present in the east? Doesn't that indicate the reserves in the east are next to nothing- Compare it with those in the other to regions west and south- where Forte oil, addax, Mobil, chevron, agip, shell, oando, connoil etc to mention a few, or when did the south south become east? Try to be sincere to yourself - education is not only when you can write- you also have to learn how to apply what has been learnt

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by johnjay4u2u(m): 8:57pm On Dec 24, 2018
na wa o. e don do. next news on it should be when completed
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:05pm On Dec 24, 2018
olajide8:

Please educate yourself properly the cardinal points are NORTH - SOUTH - EAST and WEST how much oil reserves does the east have and how much does the south have and the west? - apart from orient oil which other oil exploration company is present in the east? Doesn't that indicate the reserves in the east are next to nothing- Compare it with those in the other to regions west and south- where Forte oil, addax, Mobil, chevron, agip, shell, oando, connoil etc to mention a few, or when did the south south become east? Try to be sincere to yourself - education is not only when you can write- you also have to learn how to apply what has been learnt

Shell is in Abia and Imo state,
Also Geographically AkwaIbom is in the south east, so that guy is completely right.

The east is not exclusive to the Igbo.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by nonoski: 9:07pm On Dec 24, 2018
The most difficult part of the work has been done which is earthworks and concrete works.
Laying of track is a very simple work
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by ashjay001(m): 9:17pm On Dec 24, 2018
aonag:
the only thing buhari sabi na train, cow and oil

At least, una don add train undecided
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by seedorfy134(m): 9:37pm On Dec 24, 2018
Arepo side

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by AllenSpencer: 9:47pm On Dec 24, 2018
BossOluwendy:
I read yesterday the account of Oga AutoreportNG about the on going work of the Lagos Ibadan railway track and promise to post pictures of the Ijoko-Agbado axis of the railway li ne ( I pass the route sometimes). As you can see in the pictures below, construction work is still going on and not near completion.
I interviewed some of the construction workers and they told me that though work is completed at Itori around Ifo, Ogun state , work is nowhere near completion around Ijoko to Agbado...all the way to Oshodi .

So whats the point you trying to make cos I dont get
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway; An Eye Witness Account by Toseenlove: 10:06pm On Dec 24, 2018
One thing I seems not to understand about construction of drainages on nigeria roads Is why Is the drainages always so narrowly constructed. I mean u'll see a drainage which Is supposed to be constructed for Inter streets on Heavyduty Highways Smhh.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are The Four Other Seaports In Nigeria Abandoned? / What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? / Train Cuts Off Woman's Leg At Urrata, Aba, Abia State (graphic Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.