Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,839 members, 7,817,479 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

First Fruit: Don't Let Anyone Tell You Not To Give To God In 2019 - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / First Fruit: Don't Let Anyone Tell You Not To Give To God In 2019 (21378 Views)

Don't Let Anyone Lick Your Private, It's Demonic - Rev. Bernard Achiuior / The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You / Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Fruit: Don't Let Anyone Tell You Not To Give To God In 2019 by Bondinus(m): 1:16pm On Jan 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
Blame such churches, not the doctrine.
Since you don't go to church, and according to you, you have started today. Mention one good thing in helping the NEEDY your church or some churches have done?
Re: First Fruit: Don't Let Anyone Tell You Not To Give To God In 2019 by Zivaharry(m): 1:18pm On Jan 01, 2019
chiommy123:
I blame those going to church with their Bible but they don't open it to read.
seriously, somebody told me about tithe, then I ask him can I give to somebody in need......he said no, I should take it to the temple of God, the I ask again.....but bible said u as a human is a temple of the holy spirit..... And God is a spirit(Trinity)... He jux kept quiet.

2 Likes

Re: First Fruit: Don't Let Anyone Tell You Not To Give To God In 2019 by philsbaba: 1:18pm On Jan 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

You don't understand what increase means. Perhaps you think it means an increase in salary. No.

Increase as used in the verse is talking about any addition to your pocket, this includes Monthly additions which you receive as salary. So your January and other monthly salary should have ten percent paid to God.

Stop being greedy and give unto God what belongs to God else you will be robbing him. Even when there's no hardship, you will still not pay God a dime. After paying 10%, God will ensure you love better with the 90% left than you would with the whole 100%.

No pastor has deviced any means to take money from you. It is God who said you should pay it.

This one na thief oo grin

If increase means monthly salary, it means people should pay first fruit every month. I.e give pastors all their salary every month. You are a thief.

Stop disgracing christians.

2 Likes

Re: First Fruit: Don't Let Anyone Tell You Not To Give To God In 2019 by alBHAGDADI: 1:19pm On Jan 01, 2019
Bondinus:

Since you don't go to church, and according to you, you have started today. Mention one good thing in helping the NEEDY your church or some churches have done?
I started going to church again today and you expect me to know all of that? Mind you I've not even started .
Re: First Fruit: Don't Let Anyone Tell You Not To Give To God In 2019 by biodunid: 1:19pm On Jan 01, 2019
The wahala with you guys and your fundamental sleight of hand is to teach that the only way to give to God is through pastors / church which is quite contrary to what Jesus taught us all in Mat 25: 31-46. Pls read it below and be reminded how Jesus wants us to give to him and serve him.

Meanwhile I know a fellow who just did several transfers this morning. First was to set up 12 recurring transfers of N40k each to his brother who is in his 70s but has fallen on hard times despite having blessed the whole family when the going was good. Second was a N100k transfer to his neighbour who is ill and also not in good shape financially. Pls note he is not on good terms with the neighbour politically. Third was 12 recurring transfers of N15k each to a cousin who is a struggling widow with two kids. Fourth is N180k to a female cousin in her 70s who is childless and not too able economically. Fifth is N360k to a cousin he wronged in childhood so this is more of ongoing reparation. Pls note that today isn't an extraordinary day for him as he generally provides for the needs of those around him as God has blessed him.

Question is: Can we say this fellow would have complied better with the words of Jesus in Mat 25 and elsewhere if he had given all this money to some overfed pastor who had deceived him by claiming to be the only way to God? We should read our bibles pali to pali and stop being made merchandise of.

Parable of The Sheep and the Goats

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

5 Likes

Re: First Fruit: Don't Let Anyone Tell You Not To Give To God In 2019 by OkaiCorne(m): 1:21pm On Jan 01, 2019
Eres94:

its poor the way think, but I won't be hard on you
there weren't priests during time right.. fine, and the law introduced them as mediators between him and his people.. and many here are saying most of the doctrine in the old doesn't apply to them..hmm, so uhm why are pastors still relevant in Gods plan of salvation for mankind, isn't Christ the royal priest interceeding for us at the throne of grace..why was the mediation feature still relevant... why are most functions performed by priest of old still carried out by Christ and pastors till today if the old testament must be done away...
in the days of Abel, Enoch or Noah there wasn't a mediator.. yet but it is today necessary like we that pray to God through Christ
so if pastors are relevant.. and being constantly in the house of God..and performing their roles..aren't they entitled to the fruits of the tithe.
hmm, back then there was nothing like money..but here now it is the commodity in circulation that's of high value.. you don't give God what doesn't cost or is of value to you... if you don't want to give money use the money buy a house, cow etc and offer it to God
hmm
let's Love God with all our heart..n not part of it
its the holy spirit that has shared this with you all
law can't save from sin but grace...but remember Christ would say be a doer of God's commandments in love n fear.
gracias

Long story.

Give us biblical examples where;

1) God asked for money as first fruit.

2) Where Christians gave the Apostles first fruit.
Re: First Fruit: Don't Let Anyone Tell You Not To Give To God In 2019 by alBHAGDADI: 1:21pm On Jan 01, 2019
Bondinus:

2 Thessalonians 3:6-18 said against your first paragraph pastor grin
How did it?
Re: First Fruit: Don't Let Anyone Tell You Not To Give To God In 2019 by Bondinus(m): 1:23pm On Jan 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
I started going to church again today and you expect me to know all of that? Mind you I've not even started .
But you seem to know more of the Bible verses that FAVOURS your claim. And I think there are a lot of questions others and I asked that you haven't answered.
Re: First Fruit: Don't Let Anyone Tell You Not To Give To God In 2019 by codybanks23: 1:24pm On Jan 01, 2019
Whats the definition of first fruit? Is it suppose to be yearly or every increase or every new job?
Re: First Fruit: Don't Let Anyone Tell You Not To Give To God In 2019 by KingOfAmebo(m): 1:24pm On Jan 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Proverbs 3:9
Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:

The above verse says of all thine increase, which includes monetary increase. It doesn't say agricultural increase alone.

Funny, you now trying to tell people what the bible meant and not what is written, so money was not in existence when the bible was written so they don't know the difference between monetary increase and agricultural increase and as such it is omitted.

Keep fooling yourself. I dey watch your folly in 3D.

2 Likes

Re: First Fruit: Don't Let Anyone Tell You Not To Give To God In 2019 by alBHAGDADI: 1:24pm On Jan 01, 2019
philsbaba:

This one na thief oo grin

If increase means monthly salary, it means people should pay first fruit every month. I.e give pastors all their salary every month. You are a thief.

Stop disgracing christians.

grin grin

I never said that o.

Firstfruits is tithe. You pay ten percent of every increase you get, be it monthly, yearly or daily.
Re: First Fruit: Don't Let Anyone Tell You Not To Give To God In 2019 by Bondinus(m): 1:25pm On Jan 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
How did it?
St Paul said Christians are becoming lazy and begging people and asking them for food when they should be working. So pastor can work and still do his business mid week and Sundays too
Re: First Fruit: Don't Let Anyone Tell You Not To Give To God In 2019 by alBHAGDADI: 1:25pm On Jan 01, 2019
KingOfAmebo:

Funny, you now trying to tell people what the bible meant and not what is written, so money was not in existence when the bible was written so they don't know the difference between monetary increase and agricultural increase and as such it is omitted.

Keep fooling yourself. I dey watch you folly in 3D.
You slotted in agricultural increase but you don't want me to slot in monetary increase in the verse. Aren't they all increases ?
Re: First Fruit: Don't Let Anyone Tell You Not To Give To God In 2019 by alBHAGDADI: 1:27pm On Jan 01, 2019
Bondinus:

St Paul said Christians are becoming lazy and begging people and asking them for food when they should be working. So pastor can work and still do his business mid week and Sundays too
And when the pastor fails to show up for mid-week service due to traffic or delay at work, who will preach that day? Or do you think preaching is for everyone?
Re: First Fruit: Don't Let Anyone Tell You Not To Give To God In 2019 by alBHAGDADI: 1:27pm On Jan 01, 2019
Bondinus:

But you seem to know more of the Bible verses that FAVOURS your claim. And I think there are a lot of questions others and I asked that you haven't answered.
ask and I will answer you
Re: First Fruit: Don't Let Anyone Tell You Not To Give To God In 2019 by Aystarz: 1:28pm On Jan 01, 2019
DeSepiero:
Albagdaddi's biblical exegesis is always dubious.
That's because he's just as dubious. You can't expect him to give what he doesn't have.

2 Likes

Re: First Fruit: Don't Let Anyone Tell You Not To Give To God In 2019 by alBHAGDADI: 1:29pm On Jan 01, 2019
codybanks23:
Whats the definition of first fruit? Is it suppose to be yearly or every increase or every new job?
It is ten percent of your salary which is your new increase. Firstfruit is another word for tithe.
Re: First Fruit: Don't Let Anyone Tell You Not To Give To God In 2019 by Zivaharry(m): 1:30pm On Jan 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

You don't understand what increase means. Perhaps you think it means an increase in salary. No.

Increase as used in the verse is talking about any addition to your pocket, this includes Monthly additions which you receive as salary. So your January and other monthly salary should have ten percent paid to God.

Stop being greedy and give unto God what belongs to God else you will be robbing him. Even when there's no hardship, you will still not pay God a dime. After paying 10%, God will ensure you love better with the 90% left than you would with the whole 100%.

No pastor has deviced any means to take money from you. It is God who said you should pay it.
shut your mouth up....you are not God...stop telling people what God will do for them....are you God mouth piece......Go to Mathew 7:7, Jesus, Jesus didn't tell u to pay a dime...before ur prayers will be answered... He said jux ask and it shall be giving....... Also go to Deuteronomy, 28.....read it down......God tell the Israelites to obey certain commandments (the ten commandments). …....then all d blessings mentioned there will be giving to them......and non of the commandments talk abt tithe or first fruit......please stop manipulating people Christ sake.....God won't spare you, if they eventually realize this indoctrination of urs and loose complete faith in God.....jux allow pipu to give with their heart.....stop putting fears in them.
Re: First Fruit: Don't Let Anyone Tell You Not To Give To God In 2019 by exlinkleads(f): 1:32pm On Jan 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

This your comment is very funny. It shows the level of anger bottled up inside of you. grin

You are now telling God to go and make his own money. Oya employ God na grin

If God should decide to follow your advise by making his own money, then you will be dead in no time. You will die because everything in this world belongs to Him and he has given them to you. He will simply take them back and you will starve to death cos you will be left with nothing.

You also want God to rain down money from heaven. Do you think anyone would want to work if such is obtainable?

God never said he will make you wealthy. He knows wealth can destroy you and make you prone to Satan's attack, so he will never bless you to that extent.

I have not insulted anybody on Nairaland before but your ruse are pathetic.

i feel like vomiting while reading your assumptions and reply to people. You are indeed a typical example of the people God was talking abt when he said and I quote "my people perish because they lack wisdom".

How can u say the reason for poor people in Nigeria is as a result of not giving to God? were the mess did u read that?

Why not keep quiet if you don't know what to say.

2 Likes

Re: First Fruit: Don't Let Anyone Tell You Not To Give To God In 2019 by Zivaharry(m): 1:33pm On Jan 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

God has said he will bless those who give to him. Perhaps, those poor and hungry people are those who fail to give God despite their condition. God will never stop asking for money from you no matter how poor you are. Remember how Jesus watched when that widow gave her last Mite, he even praised her. If someone like you existed in those days, you would have acted like a bloody Pharisee and questioned why Jesus didn't tell the poor widow not to bother putting the money in the offering plate.

As per your last paragraph, I never said such. Stop lying.
point of correction... God said I will bless and have mercy on whom I want to have mercy on.
Re: First Fruit: Don't Let Anyone Tell You Not To Give To God In 2019 by alBHAGDADI: 1:36pm On Jan 01, 2019
Zivaharry:
seriously, somebody told me about tithe, then I ask him can I give to somebody in need......he said no, I should take it to the temple of God, the I ask again.....but bible said u as a human is a temple of the holy spirit..... And God is a spirit(Trinity)... He jux kept quiet.
He kept quiet because he got to where his knowledge is limited.

Your body is the temple of God, but you are not the church which is the house of God. The house of God or church is the gathering of everyone who has God living in them. Such gathering is overseen by pastors.

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

So you are to take your tithe to God's house as commanded by him, not giving it to the needy yourself.

Malachai 3:10
 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
Re: First Fruit: Don't Let Anyone Tell You Not To Give To God In 2019 by KingOfAmebo(m): 1:37pm On Jan 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
You slotted in agricultural increase but you don't want me to slot in monetary increase in the verse. Aren't they all increases ?

I only made a reference to the point you are trying to make which is entirely deceptive.

What exactly is first fruits from a Christian perspective?

Although some Christian churches do celebrate harvest time, the idea of giving the First Fruits to the church has been for the large part not actively observed in Western Christianity. In Eastern Orthodox Christianity, the 'first fruits' tradition is kept during the Great Feast for the Transfiguration of Our Lord, held on August 6/19.

In the Canonical Gospels, the concept of the harvest of First Fruits is used metaphorically and allegorically. In the Gospel of Matthew, Jesus is described as stating that “in the time of harvest” he would instruct the harvesters (i.e., the angels) to gather the “tares”, bind them into bundles, and burn them, but to "gather the wheat into [his] barn" (Matthew 13:30). Some argue that this teaching is about the Last Judgment rather than offering any thanksgiving to a deity, the “tares” being sinners or unbelievers of God and his son Jesus and the “wheat” being believers of God, although it also fits the rapture as noted in (Matthew 24:31) and (Revelation 14:4).

Other Christians, as well as early Gnostic writers argued it was less about sin and more about following Jesus' teachings and abandoning the teachings they had formerly known. In the Gospel of John, Jesus is described as stating “...he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together” (John 4:36), which some Christians argue is about rewards from God for those who perform God’s work. Tithe literally means a tenth. First Fruits means to appropriately mark a portion of the produce of the field as belonging to God. In the Law of Moses there is a parallel between the offering of first fruits and the offering of the first-born male which opens the womb. The latter belongs to the Lord, and must be either sacrificed to him, or redeemed.

The Apostle Paul also referred to Jesus' resurrection as a type of "First Fruit" (1Corinthians 15:20) where he says: "But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep."

1 Like

Re: First Fruit: Don't Let Anyone Tell You Not To Give To God In 2019 by Eres94: 1:38pm On Jan 01, 2019
WaffenSS:

Why did he make Satan in the first place?

If he so loves mankind why doesn't he destroy Satan to give man reprieve?

Why does he need your pittance if he owns everything?

Why does he need you to give him something before he blesses you, isn't that bribery?

bro...God created everything... and it all bends to his will, he is more intelligent and wiser than us n other creature.. and we a reflection of that creator
Satan (Lucifer) could easily had be you or I..or maybe Adam or Christ... why because of free will which carries the consequence of probability meaning I can choose to do this or not. free will is freedom and just as the latter word suggest free-dom put an e (dome) at the end you will understand if you were in the position of a creator that there must be a limit or an extent of freedom/functionality of a creation just like you have a machine in order to function without problem. so Lucifer knowing how God set up everything manipulated some things that made a lot of mess for humanity. our Father was left with two options wipe us all out becos we were corrupted in the flesh or save us from our abnormalities which Satan caused
. and if Christ be the good thing that came out of Nazareth how much more weren't still good people in the world functioning although not at a 100% according to his will like Enoch, Abraham, Joseph, David, etc
not that these above couldn't still have fallen..but because God became their very strength, hope and salvation from their corrupted flesh, vanities of the world and principalities & powers. didn't he had to take Enoch away still alive becos of the sinful world
God is good
Re: First Fruit: Don't Let Anyone Tell You Not To Give To God In 2019 by alBHAGDADI: 1:38pm On Jan 01, 2019
Zivaharry:
point of correction... God said I will bless and have mercy on whom I want to have mercy on.

Did he now say he will just start having mercy and blessing people anyhow? Or perhaps you think he will abandon his obedient children and bless the disobedient ones?
Re: First Fruit: Don't Let Anyone Tell You Not To Give To God In 2019 by wavylevel: 1:38pm On Jan 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
People who speak against giving of firstfruits love to act like the Bible doesn't contain anything about giving firstfruits. It clearly shows that they don't even read their Bible. They know nothing but act like they know it all.

Firstfruits also means firstlings. Below is Abel giving his firstling to God who got pleased by the act.

Genesis 4:4
And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:

Below is the book of wisdom advising you to honor God with your firstfruit.

9 Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:
10 So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.

All who are against giving firstfruit to God are the same people against tithing. Yet they love to boast about freewill giving. Do they think the dirty N100 note they squeeze into the offering plate is what is enough to even power a Church's generator? When was the last time you gave God anything above 10%? I doubt you did such this year. Yet you sit down in an air-conditioned church, enjoy the music and the nourishing word of God without blessing God in return. Don't you know that the activities in the church is powered by other people's firstfruits?

You might say why does God need your money. He doesn't need your money, he only needs his own money. That money which you claim is yours is not really yours because everything on earth belongs to God. He gave you the money and wants just a small fraction from it. Some might also say they never saw God while they were working hard for the money, so why should they believe he gave them the money. If God had stroke you dead or caused you to be sacked, would you be counting the money? Don't you know that there are people better qualified for that job of yours than you, yet God let you have it?

If you don't pay your tithe or firsrfruits, don't worry you will still pay it later. God has a way of getting what belongs to him.

Leviticus 27:30
And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord's: it is holy unto the Lord

Mark 12:17
And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.

Since you don't want to give willingly what belongs to God, then he will take it out of you in one way or another. Let me tell you a story about the children of Israel. God told them to farm on the land for 6years then allow the land to rest on the 7th year. They disobeyed God and ignored his commandment. God left them alone for a while, which possibly must have made them feel God was bluffing when he gave the command.

Do you know what God did? He calculated all the 7th year they disregarded and it all amounted to 70 years. He now made the King of Babylon to take the children of Israel away from their land and into captivity in Babylon for 70years. That way, the land rested for 70years after which the children of Israel were now freed from captivity and returned to their land.

If you fail to give God, he will take it out of you. It's the same as a child saying she won't wash the dishes are parents told her to wash. Well, the kid will get spanked and still wash the dish. God can make you fall terribly sick such that the first fruits you were supposed to give him will be spent on medical bills. It could be common cough that will hey you hospitalized and make you spend that much. Perhaps your car breaking down regularly to the extent that you become a meal ticket to mechanics. The good part is that the doctors who treat you and the mechanics might be tithe or first fruit payers. That's how your money will end up with God even after you've been spanked.

The grouse most of those who kick against firstfruits have is mostly regarding the life of opulence pastors of today live. That's why they grumble at giving their money to such people. Well, if your pastor falls into such category, then go look for another church e.g a Baptist Church where accountability is high. We can't throw away the baby with the bath water because some pastors abuse and enrich themselves with first fruits.

If you don't want to Pay tithe or firstfruits, then it's between you and God. Just don't go about trying to persuade others from paying.

#Notice

I'm not a pastor neither do I own a church. I'm just an ordinary Nairalander like everyone else. My only mission is to protect God's business. Yes, God has a business and that business is the house of God. Ever wondered why Jesus told Mary and Joseph that he had to be by his father's business?

Luke 2:49
And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?

Thief like you!

Ole!

The same way normal human beings created by God in developed nations give their first fruit abi?

Una nor dey ever think.

You pack sh1t for head nor mean say you must to talk sh1t.

Brainless, backward black man.

1 Like

Re: First Fruit: Don't Let Anyone Tell You Not To Give To God In 2019 by sonofthunder: 1:39pm On Jan 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
People who speak against giving of firstfruits love to act like the Bible doesn't contain anything about giving firstfruits. It clearly shows that they don't even read their Bible. They know nothing but act like they know it all.

Firstfruits also means firstlings. Below is Abel giving his firstling to God who got pleased by the act.

Genesis 4:4
And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:

Below is the book of wisdom advising you to honor God with your firstfruit.

9 Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:
10 So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.

All who are against giving firstfruit to God are the same people against tithing. Yet they love to boast about freewill giving. Do they think the dirty N100 note they squeeze into the offering plate is what is enough to even power a Church's generator? When was the last time you gave God anything above 10%? I doubt you did such this year. Yet you sit down in an air-conditioned church, enjoy the music and the nourishing word of God without blessing God in return. Don't you know that the activities in the church is powered by other people's firstfruits?

You might say why does God need your money. He doesn't need your money, he only needs his own money. That money which you claim is yours is not really yours because everything on earth belongs to God. He gave you the money and wants just a small fraction from it. Some might also say they never saw God while they were working hard for the money, so why should they believe he gave them the money. If God had stroke you dead or caused you to be sacked, would you be counting the money? Don't you know that there are people better qualified for that job of yours than you, yet God let you have it?

If you don't pay your tithe or firsrfruits, don't worry you will still pay it later. God has a way of getting what belongs to him.

Leviticus 27:30
And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord's: it is holy unto the Lord

Mark 12:17
And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.

Since you don't want to give willingly what belongs to God, then he will take it out of you in one way or another. Let me tell you a story about the children of Israel. God told them to farm on the land for 6years then allow the land to rest on the 7th year. They disobeyed God and ignored his commandment. God left them alone for a while, which possibly must have made them feel God was bluffing when he gave the command.

Do you know what God did? He calculated all the 7th year they disregarded and it all amounted to 70 years. He now made the King of Babylon to take the children of Israel away from their land and into captivity in Babylon for 70years. That way, the land rested for 70years after which the children of Israel were now freed from captivity and returned to their land.

If you fail to give God, he will take it out of you. It's the same as a child saying she won't wash the dishes are parents told her to wash. Well, the kid will get spanked and still wash the dish. God can make you fall terribly sick such that the first fruits you were supposed to give him will be spent on medical bills. It could be common cough that will hey you hospitalized and make you spend that much. Perhaps your car breaking down regularly to the extent that you become a meal ticket to mechanics. The good part is that the doctors who treat you and the mechanics might be tithe or first fruit payers. That's how your money will end up with God even after you've been spanked.

The grouse most of those who kick against firstfruits have is mostly regarding the life of opulence pastors of today live. That's why they grumble at giving their money to such people. Well, if your pastor falls into such category, then go look for another church e.g a Baptist Church where accountability is high. We can't throw away the baby with the bath water because some pastors abuse and enrich themselves with first fruits.

If you don't want to Pay tithe or firstfruits, then it's between you and God. Just don't go about trying to persuade others from paying.

#Notice

I'm not a pastor neither do I own a church. I'm just an ordinary Nairalander like everyone else. My only mission is to protect God's business. Yes, God has a business and that business is the house of God. Ever wondered why Jesus told Mary and Joseph that he had to be by his father's business?

Luke 2:49
And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?
children of hate will not let you rest.
Re: First Fruit: Don't Let Anyone Tell You Not To Give To God In 2019 by Bondinus(m): 1:41pm On Jan 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
And when the pastor fails to show up for mid-week service due to traffic or delay at work, who will preach that day? Or do you think preaching is for everyone?
During the time of the first Christians, if Peter wasn't around, maybe arrested as it was customary then, will fellowship hold or not, if it will. Why can't the pastor delegate someone to startup till he comes?
Re: First Fruit: Don't Let Anyone Tell You Not To Give To God In 2019 by Zivaharry(m): 1:41pm On Jan 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

This your comment is very funny. It shows the level of anger bottled up inside of you. grin

You are now telling God to go and make his own money. Oya employ God na grin

If God should decide to follow your advise by making his own money, then you will be dead in no time. You will die because everything in this world belongs to Him and he has given them to you. He will simply take them back and you will starve to death cos you will be left with nothing.

You also want God to rain down money from heaven. Do you think anyone would want to work if such is obtainable?now you are using other pipu as ur work.....stop this, you guyz are contributing immensely in d suffering in this country, is this the first thing u suppose to advice pipu, this first day of 2019, is paying tithe and first fruit d best way to make this country great, why are you and your kinds so wicked, jux coz of ur selfish interest.

God never said he will make you wealthy. He knows wealth can destroy you and make you prone to Satan's attack, so he will never bless you to that extent.
Re: First Fruit: Don't Let Anyone Tell You Not To Give To God In 2019 by alBHAGDADI: 1:42pm On Jan 01, 2019
exlinkleads:

I have not insulted anybody on Nairaland before but your ruse are pathetic.

i feel like vomiting while reading your assumptions and reply to people. You are indeed a typical example of the people God was talking abt when he said and I quote "my people perish because they lack wisdom".

How can u say the reason for poor people in Nigeria is as a result of not giving to God? were the mess did u read that?

Why not keep quiet if you don't know what to say.

Not giving to God means you don't acknowledge him in your life and work. Yet you expect him to acknowledge you even after you failed to give him 10% out of the 100% he gave you

1 Like

Re: First Fruit: Don't Let Anyone Tell You Not To Give To God In 2019 by Bondinus(m): 1:42pm On Jan 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Did he now say he will just start having mercy and blessing people anyhow? Or perhaps you think he will abandon his obedient children and bless the disobedient ones?
Kai, bros no talk again.
You no be God
Re: First Fruit: Don't Let Anyone Tell You Not To Give To God In 2019 by alBHAGDADI: 1:43pm On Jan 01, 2019
sonofthunder:
children of hate will not let you rest.
Don't mind them
Re: First Fruit: Don't Let Anyone Tell You Not To Give To God In 2019 by bukeb633(m): 1:45pm On Jan 01, 2019
And u think those that fall to you guys scamming never breakdown or go to mechanic or have other misfortune. Keep on deceiving people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? / Why TB Joshua Must Be Respected / 7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.