Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Chinomso Prince Egbuchere Finds Biafran Pounds His Grandfather Hid In Ceiling - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chinomso Prince Egbuchere Finds Biafran Pounds His Grandfather Hid In Ceiling (68781 Views)

You Hid In Barracks On Mondays During Sit-at-home, Ipob Teases Soldiers / "We Hid In The Bush", Witness Speaks On Attack On Buhari’s Convoy / Adamu Atiku Abubakar At His Grandfather's Burial In Onitsha (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinomso Prince Egbuchere Finds Biafran Pounds His Grandfather Hid In Ceiling by Psoul(m): 9:08am On Dec 26, 2018
See money with quality. After about 50years of staying in the ceiling with harsh condition, the notes are still intact. Rats, cockroaches and bookworms could not come close to them not to talk of destroying them.

Try this with Nigerian currency, rats and cockroaches will shred them within 3days.

1 Like

Re: Chinomso Prince Egbuchere Finds Biafran Pounds His Grandfather Hid In Ceiling by Newboss(m): 9:11am On Dec 26, 2018
amaniro:

Before, the igbos didn't really appreciate Education, they rather go to farm or a trade. But during the 80's and 90's igbos started Accepting Education.

That's the best, you know angry

I work while most kids are in school, and I become very rich, get my life settled. angry Then when you're done with school, I hire you to work for me, pay you some change while I chop life angry

Oh, lest you forget, while you work your ass off for me, I could simply choose to go to school for the fun of it (no pressure because I'm already rich) angry

I think you can actually see who's living the life in the above angry

2 Likes

Re: Chinomso Prince Egbuchere Finds Biafran Pounds His Grandfather Hid In Ceiling by Mccullum: 9:11am On Dec 26, 2018
massively rich indeed, that currency was not recognized internationally at as the time it was minted and printed, it was the frustration out of that forced the man to succumbed, depressed, hopeless and decided to kept it up in the ceiling.

And you're here boasting on substance of Biafra failure...

3 Likes

Re: Chinomso Prince Egbuchere Finds Biafran Pounds His Grandfather Hid In Ceiling by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 26, 2018
Corrinthians:
I knew the thread will result in massive chestbeating. cheesy

Who do una this thing? grin

grin grin grin

I tire for them, I've not seen anything they cannot turn into chest beating.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chinomso Prince Egbuchere Finds Biafran Pounds His Grandfather Hid In Ceiling by Nathayas: 9:13am On Dec 26, 2018
It is a sign of The resurection and actualization of Biafra
Re: Chinomso Prince Egbuchere Finds Biafran Pounds His Grandfather Hid In Ceiling by GerogeI(m): 9:18am On Dec 26, 2018
Hey, hope the family knows what to do with the money. Get experts to recondition the notes, especially to stop any acquired microbes breaking down the fibres from long storage.

Then organise an Auction for the notes.
Each pound would not fetch any less than equivalent of N360 Naira.

Best do the Auction outside Nigeria, in a place with high Igbo concentration. China, Spain, Germany, USA. Even some oyibo currency collectors will buy too.

That will give the notes millenniums of life as collectors items. You can also research and find the original minting company, they can certify the originality formally via a certificate, giving the notes, even more value.
Re: Chinomso Prince Egbuchere Finds Biafran Pounds His Grandfather Hid In Ceiling by gidgiddy: 9:25am On Dec 26, 2018
Psoul:
See money with quality. After about 50years of staying in the ceiling with harsh condition, the notes are still intact. Rats, cockroaches and bookworms could not come close to them not to talk of destroying them.

Try this with Nigerian currency, rats and cockroaches will shred them within 3days.

The Biafran pounds were printed to last long, many people still have to this day, 50 years later
Re: Chinomso Prince Egbuchere Finds Biafran Pounds His Grandfather Hid In Ceiling by adecz: 9:26am On Dec 26, 2018
He should take it to KANU to change
at £ exchange rate... cool shocked shocked cool cool shocked cool cool cool
Re: Chinomso Prince Egbuchere Finds Biafran Pounds His Grandfather Hid In Ceiling by dometome: 9:33am On Dec 26, 2018
Oloripelebe:

Ar u not a jew too... Oloripelebe
Proudly Jew! Ndi ara, lunatics everywhere
Re: Chinomso Prince Egbuchere Finds Biafran Pounds His Grandfather Hid In Ceiling by Judgesledge(m): 9:34am On Dec 26, 2018
oluwatosink:
cheesy
So what His next step now?
next step?. Dude should keep the money somewhere very safe, will definitely need it in the coming days as BIAFRA is inevitable
Re: Chinomso Prince Egbuchere Finds Biafran Pounds His Grandfather Hid In Ceiling by Cargoed: 9:35am On Dec 26, 2018
GerogeI:
Hey, hope the family knows what to do with the money. Get experts to recondition the notes, especially to stop any acquired microbes breaking down the fibres from long storage.

Then organise an Auction for the notes.
Each pound would not fetch any less than equivalent of N360 Naira.

Best do the Auction outside Nigeria, in a place with high Igbo concentration. China, Spain, Germany, USA. Even some oyibo currency collectors will buy too.

That will give the notes millenniums of life as collectors items. You can also research and find the original minting company, they can certify the originality formally via a certificate, giving the notes, even more value.
Where Would he find the original minting company. The most importantant thing is for him to quote the date/mth on the currency or better photocopy and paste one note here and further analysis can be carried out. Remember that any valuable artifact can back a crypto-currency. So this story is not over if anything it's just the beginning.
Re: Chinomso Prince Egbuchere Finds Biafran Pounds His Grandfather Hid In Ceiling by cosse(m): 9:35am On Dec 26, 2018
HardBishop:

an afonja coward always troubleshoot.... but shy away from confronting his enemies... if u know u hate igbos, why can't you allow us to gain our freedom..
Asshole aren't truthful creatures... they are creepy and dangerous to mingled with... that why we need to gwt a country of ours
God am tired of hearing thatcrap.... just go plsss.
To hell with anyone who says u shouldnt.....
Yorubas dont give a hoot.......haba
Re: Chinomso Prince Egbuchere Finds Biafran Pounds His Grandfather Hid In Ceiling by Psoul(m): 9:44am On Dec 26, 2018
gidgiddy:

The Biafran pounds were printed to last long, many people still have to this day, 50 years later

Exactly. After bn in circulation for many years b4 it ceases to be, pick any of the currencies, the colour, marks and figures are still clean and visible. High quality money.
Re: Chinomso Prince Egbuchere Finds Biafran Pounds His Grandfather Hid In Ceiling by cosse(m): 9:46am On Dec 26, 2018
gidgiddy:

it lasted siimply because it wasnt spent....it didnt exchange hands....the typical nigerian currency goes tru the hands of millions over a couple of years..........that and not biafran quality is what preserved it...
Re: Chinomso Prince Egbuchere Finds Biafran Pounds His Grandfather Hid In Ceiling by ezegenigbonine: 9:47am On Dec 26, 2018
amaniro:

Before, the igbos didn't really appreciate Education, they rather go to farm or a trade. But during the 80's and 90's igbos started Accepting Education.

U see why is good for small children like you to learn Nigerian history in school as widely explain by senator common sense. Let me educate you small
Read the biography of NNAMDI azikiwe, Ojukwu, and co. Igbos were the most educated tribe before the war. It was during the three Years War that Yoruba as we were fighting they were busy schooling. After the war all the Ibo properties and finance were sized, we lost everything so instead of schooling we fight for food to chop. Ask your grandfather if u doubt me.
Re: Chinomso Prince Egbuchere Finds Biafran Pounds His Grandfather Hid In Ceiling by ezegenigbonine: 9:49am On Dec 26, 2018
cosse:

God am tired of hearing thatcrap.... just go plsss.
To hell with anyone who says u shouldnt.....
Yorubas dont give a hoot.......haba

Are u proud to be a Yoruba ?
Re: Chinomso Prince Egbuchere Finds Biafran Pounds His Grandfather Hid In Ceiling by Naijageak(m): 9:55am On Dec 26, 2018
oluwatosink:
cheesy
So what His next step now?

Na to convert am to naira na.
Re: Chinomso Prince Egbuchere Finds Biafran Pounds His Grandfather Hid In Ceiling by Haywhymido(m): 9:55am On Dec 26, 2018
clerkent:
he should save it for furture use cos we are pooling out of the Zoo soon.
Liverpool fan undecided
pooling ko swimming ni
Re: Chinomso Prince Egbuchere Finds Biafran Pounds His Grandfather Hid In Ceiling by Baroba(m): 9:56am On Dec 26, 2018
That should be worth something if sold on eBay.. I won't trust giving it to a Nigerian museum, it will probably vanish..
Re: Chinomso Prince Egbuchere Finds Biafran Pounds His Grandfather Hid In Ceiling by Naijageak(m): 9:56am On Dec 26, 2018
Bring it let me buy them from u and hide under the ceiling too
Re: Chinomso Prince Egbuchere Finds Biafran Pounds His Grandfather Hid In Ceiling by Philmakus: 9:56am On Dec 26, 2018
This reminds me what a man found inside his late father's room before his (late father's) burial. He said he was surprised, disappointed and scared when he found a big ceramic pot covered with red and white clothes with red substance (palm oil) sprinkled over It in the room of a devoted christian - catechist for that matter. With a huge sense of frustration and anger he broke the pot only to find out that, that was the father's bank.
Re: Chinomso Prince Egbuchere Finds Biafran Pounds His Grandfather Hid In Ceiling by foreshore(m): 9:58am On Dec 26, 2018
PrettyCrystal:
A Nigerian entertainer who is based in America, Chinomso Prince Egbuchere and his family were left surprised after discovering a huge sum of Biafran pounds their grandfather hid in the ceiling during the Biafran war many years ago (from 1967 to 1970).

The grandfather died thirty something years again and reportedly hid the money along with other items in the ceiling.

According to Prince Egbuchere, the money fell from the ceiling and everyone thought it was a charm/Juju as they took to their heels, only for one of the family members to open it to see the wads of Biafran cash.

The surprised man took to Facebook to share the news.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/12/prince-egbuchere-discovers-biafran-pounds-his-grandfather-hid-in-ceiling.html

That is useless and meaningless now
Re: Chinomso Prince Egbuchere Finds Biafran Pounds His Grandfather Hid In Ceiling by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 26, 2018
helinues:
Hey yeah. Smart old man

But the money is useless like a tissue paper

Like the naira.
Re: Chinomso Prince Egbuchere Finds Biafran Pounds His Grandfather Hid In Ceiling by nokatakata: 10:00am On Dec 26, 2018
HardBishop:

an afonja coward always troubleshoot.... but shy away from confronting his enemies... if u know u hate igbos, why can't you allow us to gain our freedom..
Asshole aren't truthful creatures... they are creepy and dangerous to mingled with... that why we need to gwt a country of ours

So you accept that Afonjas are your masters if you expect them to allow you gain freedom...Lol. You people are too confused. One minute you own everything in Nigeria, next Nigeria cannot survive without you, yet you are begging for freedom. Why not just pack your loads and all go back to the sad beast so we see how serious y'all are.
Re: Chinomso Prince Egbuchere Finds Biafran Pounds His Grandfather Hid In Ceiling by musicwriter(m): 10:03am On Dec 26, 2018
amaniro:

Where did you get the info from, please?

Igbos always appreciated education. Before the war, educated Igbos actually occupied larger portion of the public service than any other ethnic group even top hierarchy in the military.

Of course, during the war the South East population was decimated, that's why it appears Igbos didn't exist, until the 80's and 70's when we bounced back to life because population began being rejuvenated.

In the documentary below, the historian did an unbiased scholastic summary of the history of Nigeria. Do you know what he said about Igbos?

A History of Nigeria by Jide Olanrewaju - (An Actualize Production)[/b].

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgrVHrTvxC8

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chinomso Prince Egbuchere Finds Biafran Pounds His Grandfather Hid In Ceiling by chiedozie198100: 10:06am On Dec 26, 2018
amaniro:

before the war, the igbos controlled the civil service.
i dont think u can do that without an education.
Re: Chinomso Prince Egbuchere Finds Biafran Pounds His Grandfather Hid In Ceiling by ledaman: 10:06am On Dec 26, 2018
He should kindly take it to CBN for exchange!
Re: Chinomso Prince Egbuchere Finds Biafran Pounds His Grandfather Hid In Ceiling by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 26, 2018
That was useless then & is useless now... Make them use am do interior decoration cheesy
Re: Chinomso Prince Egbuchere Finds Biafran Pounds His Grandfather Hid In Ceiling by pooozeee(m): 10:29am On Dec 26, 2018
Change the Biafran money to $ and then change back to the Nigerian Naira
Re: Chinomso Prince Egbuchere Finds Biafran Pounds His Grandfather Hid In Ceiling by Oloripelebe: 10:30am On Dec 26, 2018
dometome:
Proudly Jew! Ndi ara, lunatics everywhere

Do u pray like the dilector too

Re: Chinomso Prince Egbuchere Finds Biafran Pounds His Grandfather Hid In Ceiling by dometome: 10:36am On Dec 26, 2018
Oloripelebe:

Do u pray like the dilector too
None of your fvcking business

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Was The Best Screened Minister Today??? / Amaechi Lands In Port Harcourt This Morning (Photos) / Dino Malaye Hugs Saraki Tightly, Congratulates Him On His Victory (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.