Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) (48944 Views)

Cross River Man Machetes Lover Over Failure To Visit On Valentine Day (Graphic) / 20-Year-Old Man Murdered On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos) / Nigerian Man Arrested By South African Police Found Dead The Next Day (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by movetoca: 12:14pm On Dec 26, 2018
TheEconomist:

Are you implying that not spoiling other people's business was of more importance than saving a life? I am not trying to guilt-trip you but nothing can justify your inaction or the callousness of other parties at the scene.
Absolutely nothing... Most Nigerians can never help anybody that doesn't relate to them.

4 Likes

Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by jaytee0816(m): 12:17pm On Dec 26, 2018
Irony of life... If she was been informed not to go out on Christmas day she will say dey want to cage not knowing dey were trying to save her life
Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by Emaprince: 12:21pm On Dec 26, 2018
Atlanticfire:

Why did you not call uber to take her to the nearest hospital?

I thought Lagos has emergency phone number 112, is it not working? Did you try it?

How can an accident victim be left without assistance for 4 hours?

Her death is avoidable if a little assistance has been given to her.
Bro, the bolded is pure fake. It's just another means through which they embezzle money.

I said that because I have had the experience.. As in.. Some one slumped on my street and was shaking and visibly dieing. I called the idiots my self. They asked me every questions to be asked and I gave them clear answers. We waited till eternity and no one came.

Bros forget Nigeria. Just pray to be around your own friends or family in time of trouble. If not, O. Y. O na your situation. People will just stare, snap and pass. If any one dares to help, he may find himself interrogated and falsely accused by our corrupt police.

1 Like

Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by Emaprince: 12:29pm On Dec 26, 2018
..and BTW, Lekki-epe express way is a death trap. I don't get it... People get killed a lot while crossing that high way.

Any one that stays close to New road junction can testify to that. People die regularly while crossing that place.
Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by Electronzeez(m): 12:37pm On Dec 26, 2018
KehnnyCares:
This incident happened in my presence yesterday. I wasn't with my car cos of one issues or the other.. Make I see police wey go question me as a journalist if I was with my car yesterday. This country is cursed, for over 4 hours, this lady was lying down helplessly without any help coming cos they all think she has given up the ghost already angry sad

They all think ,what did you do if you are not part of the all ?,

1 Like

Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 26, 2018
KehnnyCares:
This incident happened in my presence yesterday. I wasn't with my car cos of one issues or the other.. Make I see police wey go question me as a journalist if I was with my car yesterday. This country is cursed, for over 4 hours, this lady was lying down helplessly without any help coming cos they all think she has given up the ghost already angry sad
THAT lady would have survived in a developed country Nigeria is a Zoo

1 Like

Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by Dshocker(m): 12:45pm On Dec 26, 2018
KehnnyCares:

Why didn't you help

1 Like

Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by madgoat(m): 12:47pm On Dec 26, 2018
Makito015:
RIP
I pray against untimely death, it will never be our portion AMEN
Forget that thing. So who's portion is it? You may even die in an accident or choke while eating before the day ends and we see your pix here on nairaland.
Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by ccollins(m): 12:53pm On Dec 26, 2018
KehnnyCares:
this is really bad,what's the location this incident happened? I was in Oshogbo the other time and they had medical ambulance vehicles that respond soonest. so I wonder what's the critical problem that people would gaze tomfoolery while a soul dies
Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by Marrtynze(m): 12:54pm On Dec 26, 2018
KehnnyCares:
Seriously, you come to tell us how it happened in your presence and how she was ignored by others, but you that was there, what did you do too?

1 Like

Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by Accurate4u: 12:57pm On Dec 26, 2018
ColdIce:
they are always forming posh but dull in reality it baffles me how u will cross road and put ear piece on. def listening to a demonic song and got knocked off. hahahahaha
you're a fool did you see where putting earphone was quoted

1 Like

Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by Accurate4u: 1:01pm On Dec 26, 2018
post=74176325:

Are you guys normal at all? What kind of tins do we have on this forum for Krissake? Stupidity and senselessness EVERYWHERE shocked!
don't mind them, that's what free mtn data caused

1 Like

Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 26, 2018
If she died trying to cross the road, then I'll agree natural selection has taken place and I share no empathy with such.

How can a full grown adult not know how to cross a road carefully especially a busy one like Lekki-Ajah expressway?

If it was a vehicle that lost control and hit a person that cannot be the pedestrians fault, but you are well dressed, fully conscious and you still fail to be careful along busy roads?

And some of these pedestrian are so dumb, you will be in a car and see them casually strolling along the express. Many times I've had to call the attention of the driver to mind such people.

This process will continue to remove silly people from our gene pool angry

R.I.P

1 Like

Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by bluefilm: 1:10pm On Dec 26, 2018
Sambisaforest:
Chai I just look her vigina side I realized it was wet GOD what kind of tragedy is this na

Guy na wa for you o grin

As you talk am and I con look naim I con see the thing.

Na wa for all these girls sef.

Weda na sex dem dey chop these days man pikin no know o

O di egwu o
Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by Sambisaforest(m): 1:21pm On Dec 26, 2018
Chai you be funny person oh you self see say nor be lie I lie
bluefilm:

Guy na wa for you o grin

As you talk am and I con look naim I con see the thing.

Na wa for all these girls sef.

Weda na sex dem dey chop these days man pikin no know o

O di egwu o
Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by ultimatekint(m): 1:21pm On Dec 26, 2018
The driver don smoke Igbo.
Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by stieyven(m): 1:29pm On Dec 26, 2018
post=74176325:

Are you guys normal at all?
What kind of tins do we have on this forum for Krissake?
Stupidity and senselessness EVERYWHERE shocked
!
It's Christ and not Kris. Do not take the name of the Lord in vain. EXODUS 20 :7
Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by VolvoS60(m): 1:29pm On Dec 26, 2018
undecided

Threads like this show in bold relief why things are unlikely to get better even after the 'wasted generation' currently in charge goes to the grave - shrouded with its abject failure to build a country that works.

We don't have all the sad details of how this woman died. Yet some people have blamed her outright for her death. Others find it amusing. And yet some others are pre-occupied with her gennitalia. And some others are talking some nonsense about how she was 'used' by dark forces. undecided

No empathy. No resolve to change things and make deaths like this a rarity. Nothing.

undecided

P.S. This is the nonsense I am talking about. Every damn day people write rubbish on here and their nonsense is not censored, yet Nairaland censors the word 'gennitalia'. Who are we fooling? angry

2 Likes

Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 26, 2018
She died with those curves.... RIP dear

Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by Law9(m): 1:44pm On Dec 26, 2018
R. I . P
Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by dollarboi11(m): 1:46pm On Dec 26, 2018
KehnnyCares:
she was my junior back in school, very sad nobody could help.
Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by abels(m): 2:01pm On Dec 26, 2018
my guy you are mean..please change your ways
ColdIce:
they are always forming posh
but dull in reality
it baffles me how u will cross road and put ear piece on.
def listening to a demonic song and got knocked off.
hahahahaha
Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by Ubdavis(m): 2:03pm On Dec 26, 2018
Makito015:
RIP
I pray against untimely death, it will never be our portion AMEN

Did she pray for it. Eventuality befal human. Its unfortunate
Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by ColdIce: 2:03pm On Dec 26, 2018
fuc u
abels:
my guy you are mean..please change your ways
Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by Ubdavis(m): 2:03pm On Dec 26, 2018
She could not have prayed for this. Eventuality befalls human. Its unfortunate.
Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by VolvoS60(m): 2:29pm On Dec 26, 2018
greyham:
If she died trying to cross the road, then I'll agree natural selection has taken place and I share no empathy with such.

How can a full grown adult not know how to cross a road carefully especially a busy one like Lekki-Ajah expressway?

If it was a vehicle that lost control and hit a person that cannot be the pedestrians fault, but you are well dressed, fully conscious and you still fail to be careful along busy roads?

And some of these pedestrian are so dumb, you will be in a car and see them casually strolling along the express. Many times I've had to call the attention of the driver to mind such people.

This process will continue to remove silly people from our gene pool angry

R.I.P

^^^
These are very strong words for someone who I believe did you no wrong.

I do not believe there is an overhead pedestrian bridge where this woman was killed - pedestrians all over Nigeria are heavily marginalized when road traffic infrastructure is designed and built. What options do they then have against fast moving traffic where there are no pedestrian bridges? undecided The highway code requires pedestrians to look carefully before walking (not running) across the road. This is simply not possible within our environment - the traffic does not slow down enough for pedestrian traffic to walk across - people have to run across to make it in time (with all the risks this entails). Why then blame them when disaster strikes?

I don't know this woman's story. But note that fully grown adults make mistakes. They are human after all. People can be alert, careful, 'fully dressed and conscious' (your own words) and still make mistakes. All it takes is for a pedestrian to misjudge a vehicle's speed by a few seconds and the worst can (and does) happen.

I have tried to cross the road on that axis against fast moving traffic and it is not easy. Your Darwinist explanation or rationalization of this woman's sad fate is simply insensitive.

P.S. I am not in any way supporting the actions of pedestrians who decide to cross highways with fast moving traffic when the option of pedestrian overhead bridges exists.

2 Likes

Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 2:49pm On Dec 26, 2018
So terrible. R. I. P
Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by KehnnyCares(m): 3:28pm On Dec 26, 2018
blackgold2018:
You're foolish and devilish just Lik ur mentioned people(with u included) standing without helping to save a soul.
Your job is worth more than a human life. You were castigating others not knowing u were among them watching the helpless victim. Big fool
Your type don't deserve a good reply. Cos you lack common sense and reality has elude you already. If you're not foolish, do you think we all gather like an illiterate without trying to help, emergency of no response and people driving with speed will achieve what?
Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by Rozaytee: 3:32pm On Dec 26, 2018
ColdIce:
but dull in reality
hahahahaha
abeg shut ur dirty gutter mouth.. Mumu
Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by ibotcom(f): 3:38pm On Dec 26, 2018
charliboy654:

There's nothing wrong with the way she's dressed, you should be in the animal kingdom cause u reason like one
what I can see while siting on a stool, you can never see it even if you climb an iroko tree.
Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by Paul112(m): 3:51pm On Dec 26, 2018
ColdIce:
but dull in reality
hahahahaha
you have a skull without a brain for common sense, oya receive brain for common sense IJN
Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by shotuns: 3:58pm On Dec 26, 2018
This is purely evil, Yahoo boys hit and run. . it Is their usuall Signature. God saves us from evil as go out. and come back. . Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Dresses As A Muslim In Hijab In Benue To Be Safe (Photos) / "Woman Falls From The Sky In Delta, Lands In Police Barracks" - Facebook User / I Sustained No Injuries Because His Manhood Was Small - Zambian Rape Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.