Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,582 members, 7,820,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) (48946 Views)

Cross River Man Machetes Lover Over Failure To Visit On Valentine Day (Graphic) / 20-Year-Old Man Murdered On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos) / Nigerian Man Arrested By South African Police Found Dead The Next Day (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by blackgold2018(m): 4:37pm On Dec 26, 2018
KehnnyCares:
Your type don't deserve a good reply. Cos you lack common sense and reality has elude you already. If you're not foolish, do you think we all gather like an illiterate without trying to help, emergency of no response and people driving with speed will achieve what?
Just shut up. Stupid excuse.
Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 26, 2018
ibotcom:
what I can see while siting on a stool, you can never see it even if you climb an iroko tree.
See this one dey claim old man, if u like see heaven on earth e nor concern me all I know is that u don't have sense.
Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 26, 2018
VolvoS60:

^^^
These are very strong words for someone who I believe did you no wrong.

I do not believe there is an overhead pedestrian bridge where this woman was killed - pedestrians all over Nigeria are heavily marginalized when road traffic infrastructure is designed and built. What options do they then have against fast moving traffic where there are no pedestrian bridges? undecided The highway code requires pedestrians to look carefully before walking (not running) across the road. This is simply not possible within our environment - the traffic does not slow down enough for pedestrian traffic to walk across - people have to run across to make it in time (with all the risks this entails). Why then blame them when disaster strikes?

I don't know this woman's story. But note that fully grown adults make mistakes. They are human after all. People can be alert, careful, 'fully dressed and conscious' (your own words) and still make mistakes. All it takes is for a pedestrian to misjudge a vehicle's speed by a few seconds and the worst can (and does) happen.

I have tried to cross the road on that axis against fast moving traffic and it is not easy. Your Darwinist explanation or rationalization of this woman's sad fate is simply insensitive.

P.S. I am not in any way supporting the actions of pedestrians who decide to cross highways with fast moving traffic when the option of pedestrian overhead bridges exists.

I am upset about this accident, and I also specified the instance of mistake or carelessness. I agree adults make mistakes but some will really have you question the type of person involved.

I can classify crossing that particular express carelessly in the same category with using petrol as fuel for a kerosene stove (intentionally).
Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by Championlaw200(m): 5:27pm On Dec 26, 2018
Instead of rendering help at that period, Nigerians Will be busy snapping and uploading the accident scene on social media.
PurplePatch:
What a tragedy! So nobody could render help to this victim until she gave up.
Now I ask what's the difference between what's happening around us and that in the animal kingdom?

My condolences to the bereaved!

1 Like

Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by VolvoS60(m): 6:49pm On Dec 26, 2018
greyham:

I am upset about this accident, and I also specified the instance of mistake or carelessness. I agree adults make mistakes but some will really have you question the type of person involved.

I can classify crossing that particular express carelessly in the same category with using petrol as fuel for a kerosene stove (intentionally).

^^^

I understand.

I am very angry too at these needless deaths and our broken system that makes these deaths not just possible but commonplace.

I am a bit familiar with that axis. At the moment, there are four overhead pedestrian bridges in use at 1st roundabout, Jakande, Gbara, and Agungi. The overhead pedestrian bridge just after second roundabout is still under construction. Same thing for the overhead pedestrian bridge at Ikota Shopping Complex - it is still under construction and has been abandoned for about 24? months now. So we have only about four functional pedestrian bridges over a distance of roughly about 22 kilometres - from the Oriental hotel toll point to Ajah market junction. Only four overhead pedestrian bridges! - and there are several densely populated communities on both sides of the expressway with people who must cross to go to (and from) school, work and play.

I did not fully understand the risks involved until some fuel scarcity a few years ago when I had to cross the road on foot near (the then) 4th roundabout to buy fuel. After waiting for almost 20 minutes (I kid you not) without a break in very fast moving traffic, I and several other pedestrians were finally gifted with an opening and we were able to cross safely. That day, I finally understood.

Between three and five years ago, some schoolchildren crossing the road in front of the Lekki County Homes area (I forget the name of the school in the area) were killed by fast moving traffic - leading to violent demonstrations and destruction of property by the locals. The school is still there today but the government has still not thought it fit to build an overhead pedestrian bridge in that place - despite a well publicized promise to do so. And sadly, the locals have not made this matter a campaign issue to which their leaders should be held accountable.

More people will die if the government doesn't build more bridges. That is the unfortunate reality.

Nigerians - hold your governments accountable!

1 Like

Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by Makito015(m): 11:23pm On Dec 26, 2018
Forget that thing. So who's portion is it? You may even die in an accident or choke while eating before the day ends and we see your pix here on nairaland.
Bad things are far from me, only good things come to me
Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by frbona: 12:56am On Dec 27, 2018
madgoat:

Forget that thing. So who's portion is it? You may even die in an accident or choke while eating before the day ends and we see your pix here on nairaland.
na real mad goat you b
Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by franklingud(m): 3:36am On Dec 27, 2018
ColdIce:
they are always forming posh
but dull in reality
it baffles me how u will cross road and put ear piece on.
def listening to a demonic song and got knocked off.
hahahahaha
Who told you she had ear piece on?

Are you the hit and run driver?

Karma will definitely catch up with you.
Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by ColdIce: 5:12am On Dec 27, 2018
u are a saddist go curse yur papa and ugly mother u stupid dullard. karma mai dic.tell that to buhari. u hell bound bastard hypocrite
franklingud:

Who told you she had ear piece on?

Are you the hit and run driver?

Karma will definitely catch up with you.
Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by Davy950(m): 7:02am On Dec 27, 2018
Ernchibyke:
Nawa o
All this olosho's wey no dey look before dem cross main road sef.
One less insane person sha cool
this girl is not any olosho Oga, I knew this girl when I was in school, nah better girl

2 Likes

Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by madgoat(m): 9:46am On Dec 27, 2018
frbona:
na real mad goat you b

Today na new day oh.... E fit be today the thing go happen grin
Make i go buy data so that i can be first to comment grin
Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by madgoat(m): 10:18am On Dec 27, 2018
KehnnyCares:
This incident happened in my presence yesterday. I wasn't with my car cos of one issues or the other.. Make I see police wey go question me as a journalist if I was with my car yesterday. This country is cursed, for over 4 hours, this lady was lying down helplessly without any help coming cos they all think she has given up the ghost already angry sad

Useless man.... People like you should be imprisoned. So for hours you could not do anything but have the guts to come on Nairaland to say it. Just watch out for similar thing happening to you and your loved ones soon.
Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by xtivin2: 12:15pm On Dec 27, 2018
PurplePatch:
What a tragedy! So nobody could render help to this victim until she gave up.
Now I ask what's the difference between what's happening around us and that in the animal kingdom?

My condolences to the bereaved!
The fear of police is the beginning of wisdom. People like me will often look at the chances of survival of victim first before rendering any help especially in a case of hit and run like this.
Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by KehnnyCares(m): 12:27pm On Dec 27, 2018
madgoat:

Useless man.... People like you should be imprisoned. So for hours you could not do anything but have the guts to come on Nairaland to say it. Just watch out for similar thing happening to you and your loved ones soon.
Same to your family. Do you care to ask how she was later taken away from there? You're too foolish to believe he took her 4 hours to give up the ghost, foolish crass like you doesn't need a reasonable reply from me. You shall never do well in life for bringing my family to your misfortune opinion.
Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 27, 2018
KehnnyCares:
This incident happened in my presence yesterday. I wasn't with my car cos of one issues or the other.. Make I see police wey go question me as a journalist if I was with my car yesterday. This country is cursed, for over 4 hours, this lady was lying down helplessly without any help coming cos they all think she has given up the ghost already angry sad

You are so dumb n equally stupid.... U r not with your car? For 4hours u had the chance to save a life and all you could think of was convenient. You are so stupid to type that nonsense here. Who your useless car epp?

1 Like

Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by madgoat(m): 5:14pm On Dec 27, 2018
KehnnyCares:
Same to your family. Do you care to ask how she was later taken away from there? You're too foolish to believe he took her 4 hours to give up the ghost, foolish crass like you doesn't need a reasonable reply from me. You shall never do well in life for bringing my family to your misfortune opinion.

grin grin grin grin if e pain you too much, jump inside lagoon. grin grin
Useless fellow.. I know you were among the people taking pictures for four hours.... As i said, just watch it because soon i shall be first to comment on your graphic pictures grin
Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by KehnnyCares(m): 6:20pm On Dec 27, 2018
madgoat:

grin grin grin grin if e pain you too much, jump inside lagoon. grin grin
Useless fellow.. I know you were among the people taking pictures for four hours.... As i said, just watch it because soon i shall be first to comment on your graphic pictures grin
Yeah after all your generation death including you. Then I will be the one to announced your death here by his grace.
Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by SHOCK7(m): 12:15am On Dec 28, 2018
ColdIce:
they are always forming posh but dull in reality it baffles me how u will cross road and put ear piece on. def listening to a demonic song and got knocked off. hahahahaha
U're really vile and diabolical!
Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by honfayol: 5:35pm On Jan 14, 2019
Hi All,

I have a toyota corolla 2005 model on a weekly rental basis. I need an experienced driver
Driver must reside around ojodu berger axis and must be ready to present 2 reliable guarantors.
Interested persons can reach me on 07016828197 or 08165929736.
Re: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills OOU Final Year Student On Xmas Day (Graphic) by honfayol: 5:42pm On Jan 14, 2019
Hi All

I have a 2005 toyota corolla on weekly rental basis. I need an experienced driver.
Driver must reside around ojodu-berger axis and must be ready to present 2 reliable drivers.
Interested drivers should contact me on 08165929736 or 07016828197

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Dresses As A Muslim In Hijab In Benue To Be Safe (Photos) / I Sustained No Injuries Because His Manhood Was Small - Zambian Rape Victim / "Woman Falls From The Sky In Delta, Lands In Police Barracks" - Facebook User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.