Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group (43324 Views)

Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? / Daddy Freeze Compares Pastor Adeboye To Najwa Zebian, A Muslim Lady / Share Pictures Of Your Christmas Food Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by OliveCynosure(f): 5:35am On Dec 27, 2018
EasternDamsel4:

Lol.. FIN must be one notorious group. So many bad tales about that group.

Fin is not a religious group, its a group where every woman from all walks of life, level or power can express themselves, share what's they enjoying, enduring.....
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by virtuejoan(f): 6:15am On Dec 27, 2018
dominique:
To be sincere, we've never been more divided along religious lines as we currently are. It's like our religious leaders are teaching us to be more intolerant of one another. When we were younger, Christians celebrate with Muslims and vice versa. Now people are trying to prove their holiness by showing disdain towards other religions, not right at all. Inspite of our holiness, crime is at an all time high, makes me wonder exactly what these religious leaders are preaching.

I won't be surprised if it's that silly FIN group she's talking about.

That FIN group one very stupid group I have ever joined in Facebook. women bragging on how bad they treat their husband and how they foolishly raise shoulders with their man and mother in-laws. just drop a good advice there, boom they block u but always welcome stupid one's. no wonder they have too many single mothers there.

3 Likes

Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by iamfromlagos(f): 6:20am On Dec 27, 2018
EasternDamsel4:

Lol.. FIN must be one notorious group. So many bad tales about that group.
I tell you. So many annoying and irritating comments all in the name of advice.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by Okeji(m): 6:26am On Dec 27, 2018
Stupid nonsense..... Shiooorl
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by Nobody: 6:31am On Dec 27, 2018
dominique:
To be sincere, we've never been more divided along religious lines as we currently are. It's like our religious leaders are teaching us to be more intolerant of one another. When we were younger, Christians celebrate with Muslims and vice versa. Now people are trying to prove their holiness by showing disdain towards other religions, not right at all. Inspite of our holiness, crime is at an all time high, makes me wonder exactly what these religious leaders are preaching.

I won't be surprised if it's that silly FIN group she's talking about.
lol...you sound like you were banned from the group. I don't see "don't judge people" as hypocrisy. Fin is the most polite group I have seen unlike some groups that people can say all sorts of rubbish and get away with it. A lot of women are going thru a lot and can't comfortably voice out their problems for fear of judginas...from what I have seen, most actually change their bad attitude by reading other people's stories not by being judged
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by Nobody: 6:34am On Dec 27, 2018
virtuejoan:

That FIN group one very stupid group I have ever joined in Facebook. women bragging on how bad they treat their husband and how they foolishly raise shoulders with their man and mother in-laws. just drop a good advice there, boom they block u but always welcome stupid one's. no wonder they have too many single mothers there.
lol...this is a very big lie...if you say " most of the women that always whine about how badly men treat them," I will concur....but being rude to their in-laws etc?
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by Nobody: 6:36am On Dec 27, 2018
OliveCynosure:

Fin is not a religious group, its a group where every woman from all walks of life, level or power can express themselves, share what's they enjoying, enduring.....
thank u jare. I am not even a serious Member of the group but i am not understanding why some people are making the group look bad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by Etuagievin(m): 6:39am On Dec 27, 2018
If someone doesn't believe in Christmas celebration and therefore doesn't partake of anything involving Christmas ,howdoes that make him a hypocrite when that same person accept your gift on a different day.? I don't seeing anything wrong in his action , He is only making you understand that he hates the practice of Christmas but doesn't hate you . simple. After all, if this same person continues eating ur Xmas food you will still be the same one that will say " Don't mind him na all if us dey do the Xmas together'. Please leave people to their choices.

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by dragnet: 6:41am On Dec 27, 2018
This only shows the level of your understanding of the religion you claim to practice.

The reason for not eating Christmas food in particular is a subtle way of saying "I don't subscribe to this particular celebration". if you're bringing in hypocrisy, then those eating Christmas food and claim to be Muslims are the ones being hypocritical because No Muslim believes that Jesus is lord, neither do Muslims believe that Jesus is the son of God but these are the basis of Christian beliefs and once you're eating the food for Christmas day in particular, that only says "I'm celebrating with you" or "I have no problem with what you're celebrating".

This isn't even talking about the advent of the celebration itself that even some Christians don't celebrate, but a Muslim would rather join them ?

If your father is accused of being an adulterer and some people gather to celebrate that, dancing and singing, I guess you'll join them wholeheartedly or you'll rather pass by them and walk away?

but on a normal day, when there's no conflicting belief, they eat and accept gifts.

does Manchester united celebrate with Chelsea when Chelsea wins a cup?

dominique
madridguy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by TRUEBLOOD59(m): 6:50am On Dec 27, 2018
attention seeker
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by Kdon2: 6:54am On Dec 27, 2018
EasternDamsel4:
Read the screenshots below...na wa o!

This is dope. I wish all nigerians can go it this way, our problem as a nation is half solved and we ll b on our way to prosperity.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by Kdon2: 6:57am On Dec 27, 2018
dragnet:
This only shows the level of your understanding of the religion you claim to practice.

The reason for not eating Christmas food in particular is a subtle way of saying "I don't subscribe to this particular celebration". if you're bringing in hypocrisy, then those eating Christmas food and claim to be Muslims are the ones being hypocritical because No Muslim believes that Jesus is lord, neither do Muslims believe that Jesus is the son of God but these are the basis of Christian beliefs and once you're eating the food for Christmas day in particular, that only says "I'm celebrating with you" or "I have no problem with what you're celebrating".

This isn't even talking about the advent of the celebration itself that even some Christians don't celebrate, but a Muslim would rather join them ?

If your father is accused of being an adulterer and some people gather to celebrate that, dancing and singing, I guess you'll join them wholeheartedly or you'll rather pass by them and walk away?

but on a normal day, when there's no conflicting belief, they eat and accept gifts.

does Manchester united celebrate with Chelsea when Chelsea wins a cup?

dominique
madridguy

This one has problem that can't be solved in a life time! Shooo!

1 Like

Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by Kdon2: 6:58am On Dec 27, 2018
Etuagievin:
If someone doesn't believe in Christmas celebration and therefore doesn't partake of anything involving Christmas ,howdoes that make him a hypocrite when that same person accept your gift on a different day.? I don't seeing anything wrong in his action , He is only making you understand that he hates the practice of Christmas but doesn't hate you . simple. After all, if this same person continues eating ur Xmas food you will still be the same one that will say " Don't mind him na all if us dey do the Xmas together'. Please leave people to their choices.

So its Ok to hate the practice of Islam? Get a brain.
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by Kdon2: 7:02am On Dec 27, 2018
Treasuredlove:
lol...you sound like you were banned from the group. I don't see "don't judge people" as hypocrisy. Fin is the most polite group I have seen unlike some groups that people can say all sorts of rubbish and get away with it. A lot of women are going thru a lot and can't comfortably voice out their problems for fear of judginas...from what I have seen, most actually change their bad attitude by reading other people's stories not by being judged

You need to wake up o...day done break and you are still snoring!
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by Kdon2: 7:03am On Dec 27, 2018
virtuejoan:

Don't mind them. Yeye dey smell
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by sleemomymy: 7:05am On Dec 27, 2018
notoriousbabe:
Islam is a religion of by force by fire
IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY WHY NOT GET MUTE.

2018 a whole year without sex. I'm pride of myself..
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by Kdon2: 7:06am On Dec 27, 2018
OliveCynosure:

FIN: frustrated individual network

1 Like

Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by Kdon2: 7:09am On Dec 27, 2018
[quote author=sleemomymy post=74199554][/quote]

Up you! How did you manage??
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by Kdon2: 7:12am On Dec 27, 2018
muffyt05:
God bless you sister. Religion has been one of the major challenges to Nigeria. Rather than unite us, it has divided us and make us not only hate ourselves but relate with each other based on religious beliefs rather than love and humanity. The love for humanity is no longer there if it's not a Christian or Muslim brother.
Forget the Muslim name, was born a Muslim but converted a long time ago, but I made a promise never to profile people based on their religious practices. Whether you be christain, Muslim, or babalawo, won't ever affect my relationship with you, that to me is humanity ahead of religion.

Gbosa for you bro! Until Nigerians get to this realisation we ain't going anywhere near progress.
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by odigbosky(m): 7:16am On Dec 27, 2018
i am a Christian with so many friends. Muslims, traditionalists and Christians. i noticed one thing this year, i got fewer muslims wishing me merry Christmas than me wishing them for any Eid. i call my muslim friends on eid or send them text messages. so one of them tried her best to wish me, this year then she said "happy celebration". I was quick to correct her, i told her it is Happy Christmas, if you can't put it that way, don't say it to me. After all yoi have never sent me wishes before and i have constantly done that for you for 5 years now.

I still have few of them who sent me wishes but the truth is that, muslims are more intolerant towards other faith. No be joke

4 Likes

Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by Kdon2: 7:18am On Dec 27, 2018
kumakunta:

Why the hate you guys habour for Islam is on every section even on politics , cars or romance section. Hypocrites acting cool. Like you guys don’t term our salah meat sacrifice and forbidden .

Christians no get problem na Islam be the issue
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by Nobody: 7:23am On Dec 27, 2018
SmartyPants:

What group is FIN please?
Females in Nigeria (FIN)
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 27, 2018
Kdon2:

Christians no get problem na Islam be the issue
Both religions have bigger problems.
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by Nobody: 7:28am On Dec 27, 2018
Kdon2:

You need to wake up o...day done break and you are still snoring!
u are male na, guys arnt allowed in so u dont have a first-hand experience
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by SunriseW(f): 7:36am On Dec 27, 2018
OliveCynosure:

I think they are talking about the fake fin,there are so many of them on Facebook.
Fin doesn't judge
Happy to be in the right one
Fin love sis

1 Like

Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by einsteine(m): 7:38am On Dec 27, 2018
Only Yoruba Muslims eat Christmas rice. The truth is if you are to go strictly by the dictates of the religion, eating Christmas food means you are celebrating Christmas, a big no-no for true Muslims. In any case, syncretism is rife in the south west. That's why Northern Muslims don't see them as good Muslims.
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by virago(f): 7:40am On Dec 27, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
Thse things have always happened. It is because you have grown older and you read the news more so you get more information and your mind is tricked into thinking that it is increasing. I'm very sure Christian/Muslim relations are getting better.
Things always get better. Evolution is always upward

Things don't always get better at least not in Nigeria , what a cleaner/gateman could afford to eat some 30 years ago isn't even possible these days , are things really getting better
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by einsteine(m): 7:41am On Dec 27, 2018
Kdon2:

This one has problem that can't be solved in a life time! Shooo!

He is right.

Do Jehovah Witnesses eat Christmas rice?

Would you eat food served at an Ayelala festival?
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by oshe11: 7:56am On Dec 27, 2018
EasternDamsel4:

Growing up, I was also fed with that crap. Don't eat salah food bla,dont eat Christmas food. Aside our religious leaders, I think Parents have a lot of work to do if really we want to enjoy maximum peace in this nation.

Are U a Pagan?
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 27, 2018
They are simply being themselves-indoctrinated elements.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Died / Man Gets Erection As Prophet Fufeyin "Performs Miracle" On Him / Folorunsho Alakija Preaches The Gospel On Streets Of Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.