Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group (43331 Views)

Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? / Daddy Freeze Compares Pastor Adeboye To Najwa Zebian, A Muslim Lady / Share Pictures Of Your Christmas Food Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by kumakunta: 8:18am On Dec 27, 2018
Kdon2:

Christians no get problem na Islam be the issue
Yea because we do our rejection openly unlike Christians that will harbour hate for you inside and still be smiling with you just because they think you will one day enter there Church

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by zamanii: 8:24am On Dec 27, 2018
EasternDamsel4:

Lol.. FIN must be one notorious group. So many bad tales about that group.

What's the full meaning of this FIN biko?
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by Ranchhoddas: 8:31am On Dec 27, 2018
virago:

Things don't always get better at least not in Nigeria , what a cleaner/gateman could afford to eat some 30 years ago isn't even possible these days , are things really getting better
How do you know this?
You have evidence or is it merely conjecture?
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by Ubdavis(m): 8:36am On Dec 27, 2018
If u want to be a religious person, u must follow your religious principles strictly, u can't device your own way of doing thing against that of your religion. If u can't cope, U LEAVE that religious organization.
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by Fxwarrior: 8:51am On Dec 27, 2018
The hypocrisy continues in Nairaland championed by Religion section MOD who thinks it right for you to swear an oath of allegiance before contributing to Moslem thread but sees nothing wrong in having all religious groups freely express their opinions on Christian threads.
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by sirhood: 8:52am On Dec 27, 2018
madridguy:
Well said Abi Liman.
na "Abu liman" I dey see there which one come be abi liman again
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by kebesobase(m): 8:53am On Dec 27, 2018
Karl Max, once said in one of his Social and Political Compendiums that religion would die a natural death if only we'll see it in-between the lines that religion was created for Man and not Man for religion. It therefore means that man is at liberty to choose which religion to belong and practice same without rancour or any form of coercion, while seeing other religion as an act of God also.

The Bible didn't say, Christianity is the greatest form of all religion. And am sure the Korea didn't see Islam is the most powerful of all religion. What the two holy books says is that; Doing good, as simple as it may sound, is the greatest form of all religion.
It's high time our religious leaders give room for their followers to study the holy books themselves to understand the ways of God.
Let's stop the religious bullshit, it doesn't guarantee us a thing as a pluralistic nation. Go back to your Korea/Bible and get it right. Let's push away the frontiers of human ignorance on this! Enough is Enough!
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by kebesobase(m): 8:57am On Dec 27, 2018
[quote author=kebesobase post=74202389]Karl Max, once said in one of his Social and Political Compendiums that religion would die a natural death if only we'll see it in-between the lines that religion was created for Man and not Man for religion. It therefore means that man is at liberty to choose which religion to belong and practice same without rancour or any form of coercion, while seeing other religion as an act of God also.

The Bible didn't say, Christianity is the greatest form of all religion. And am sure the Korea didn't see Islam is the most powerful of all religion. What the two holy books says is that; Doing good, as simple as it may sound, is the greatest form of all religion.
It's high time our religious leaders give room for their followers to study the holy books themselves to understand the ways of God.
Let's stop the religious bullshit, it doesn't guarantee us a thing as a pluralistic nation. Go back to your Korea/Bible and get it right. Let's push away the frontiers of human ignorance on this! Enough is Enough!
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 27, 2018
Fxwarrior:
The hypocrisy continues in Nairaland championed by Religion section MOD who thinks it right for you to swear an oath of allegiance before contributing to Moslem thread but sees nothing wrong in having all religious groups freely express their opinions on Christian threads.
Really?
This is a new one. This religious stuff/issues is deeply rooted...it's gonna be hard phasing it out completely. It's in every nook and cranny of the Nigerian society.
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by virago(f): 9:20am On Dec 27, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
How do you know this?
You have evidence or is it merely conjecture?

For someone in her forties I should know , I've lived through the time
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by Mrjo(m): 9:32am On Dec 27, 2018
notoriousbabe:
Islam is a religion of by force by fire

2018 a whole year without sex. I'm pride of myself..
can you borrow me your dick I want to do the same in 2019
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by Topestbilly(m): 9:37am On Dec 27, 2018
NotBeenPaid:

Go to the Islamic section on Nairaland and see how much hates those guys habour against other religions especially Christianity.

*Spits*

Go to 2go and see how Christians abandon their group for the muslim group just to troll them.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by dochenaj: 9:42am On Dec 27, 2018
notoriousbabe:

"Proud of yourself". I'm proud of you too.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by k4kenny(f): 10:19am On Dec 27, 2018
dominique:
To be sincere, we've never been more divided along religious lines as we currently are. It's like our religious leaders are teaching us to be more intolerant of one another. When we were younger, Christians celebrate with Muslims and vice versa. Now people are trying to prove their holiness by showing disdain towards other religions, not right at all. Inspite of our holiness, crime is at an all time high, makes me wonder exactly what these religious leaders are preaching.

I won't be surprised if it's that silly[b] FIN group she's talking about[/b].

@bolded, no it's noy FIN, but Sisters of Jannah. And the reason she was blocked was the insults she was giving people trying to explain why celebrating christmas is not really Islamic. She was really rude.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by Ranchhoddas: 10:24am On Dec 27, 2018
virago:

For someone in her forties I should know , I've lived through the time
Very funny. Age does not prove anything.

You have stats? No!
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by virago(f): 10:26am On Dec 27, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
Very funny. Age does not prove anything.

You have stats? No!

You really are as dumb as they come
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by Ranchhoddas: 10:30am On Dec 27, 2018
virago:

You really are as dumb as they come
Coming from someone who uses her age as a factor in an argument, that's like a compliment.
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by virago(f): 10:32am On Dec 27, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
Coming from someone who uses her age as a factor in an argument, that's like a compliment.

Little boy run home and meet your father he'll tell you how people lived then , you can as well go ahead to tell him to provide facts
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by notoriousbabe: 10:59am On Dec 27, 2018
[quote author=sleemomymy post=74199554][/quote]

Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by Friend01(m): 11:12am On Dec 27, 2018
NotBeenPaid:

Go to the Islamic section on Nairaland and see how much hates those guys habour against other religions especially Christianity.

*Spits*

You are mistaken.
It is not hate, it is simply showing disapproval for something not permitted by our religion. This should be tolerant enough without anyone breaking a sweat.
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by rezzy: 11:18am On Dec 27, 2018
dominique:
To be sincere, we've never been more divided along religious lines as we currently are. It's like our religious leaders are teaching us to be more intolerant of one another. When we were younger, Christians celebrate with Muslims and vice versa. Now people are trying to prove their holiness by showing disdain towards other religions, not right at all. Inspite of our holiness, crime is at an all time high, makes me wonder exactly what these religious leaders are preaching.

I won't be surprised if it's that silly FIN group she's talking about.

Give me your full names let me report you to Aunty Lola cheesy cheesy grin

It can't be FIN, in FIN, we don't discuss religious issues
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by Friend01(m): 11:30am On Dec 27, 2018
dominique:

Even if I maybe 'forced' to agree with some of your assertions, but one thing need to be clarified - we don't hate anybody nor does our religion(Islam) teaches us to do so.
However, what we don't do is approve of something which our religion has prohibited us from doing: which those persons in that group corrected that Muslim sister with.

I am a practicing Muslim(By God's grace );I mingle and discuss with Muslims and Christian alike, but I don't compromise on the basic principles which my religion admonish on me.

Is Christmas food specifically allowed for Muslims to consume? No.
why? it is because it violates one of the fundamental principles in our religion which makes a prophet of God - Jesus (peace be upon him) as God himself or His son and the celebration of his birthday(which has no biblical backing) which is not permitted in our religion and as such, we don't aid ,wish or congratulate anyone who wish to participate in such celebration .
This is a basic principle in our faith that we expect all well meaning compatriots(especially Non Muslims) will understand and respect without us being called out as extremist for exercising our religious rights.
And also know that you may find many Muslims who see nothing wrong with this just like you would find many Christians going against bible teachings. It does not mean they are right.
They are just simply following their desires not our scripture.
let's be clear on that.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by Friend01(m): 11:30am On Dec 27, 2018
notoriousbabe:

SMH

Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by LadySarah: 12:02pm On Dec 27, 2018
dominique:

I still pity the ladies remaining in the group.One of such things them to ban.Sometime later I was unbanned and I unfollowed them fast fast!
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by Leoswaggs(m): 12:30pm On Dec 27, 2018
notoriousbabe:

how many times did u self service? don't lie
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by BalogunIdowu(m): 12:40pm On Dec 27, 2018
Please this is a issue that almost everyone was involved in but as more clarification shows about the deen, people begin to realise.
Because we do something doesn't mean it is right or correct.
May Allah ease our affairs. Ameen
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by OliveCynosure(f): 3:35pm On Dec 27, 2018
SunriseW:

I think they are talking about the fake fin,there are so many of them on Facebook.
Fin doesn't judge
Happy to be in the right one
Fin love sis

I see you Sis
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by Neemah(f): 9:38pm On Dec 27, 2018
[b]Muslims why?! I can't just understand.

Whose Islam are you practicing?

When Pastor Kumuyi of Deeper life Ministry said that Christmas is a Pagan festival, his followers stopped celebrating it immediately.

When Jehovah witness told their followers that Christmas is Pagan festival, thier follower will not even wish you not to talk of celebrating.

I heard recently about 5 churches that neither participate in the celebration nor recognize it as festival too.

When we ask the Muslims to stop the engagement in celebrating it, they start qouting Quranic verses, Hadith and opinion of scholars on it turning it upside down even go to the extent of quoting historical evidence and some notable pastors in Nigeria.

Appallingly, the Muslims will not take heed and leave them with there problem. They will still celebrate with them. They even partake in the nonsense with confidence even showing off to the audience to notify their presence.

It's a pity. We are not sufficient with that which was given to us.

Are you really an aspirant of Jannah?! Anyways, Just know that you can't be a part time Muslim and expect Jannah for full time.

A word to the wise is enough!

May Almighty Allah guide the strayed and do not stray the guided.
#Ameen [b]

©Adesayo Sherifdeen Ayinde
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by Kdon2: 11:05pm On Dec 27, 2018
kumakunta:

Yea because we do our rejection openly unlike Christians that will harbour hate for you inside and still be smiling with you just because they think you will one day enter there Church

Yeah christians don't murder people in the name of God. No sacrilege is beyond that! Christians aren't backward thinking they are progressive
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by Kdon2: 12:31am On Dec 28, 2018
einsteine:

He is right.

Do Jehovah Witnesses eat Christmas rice?

Would you eat food served at an Ayelala festival?

What's this one saying! Reboot that thing you call brain abeg!
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by Kdon2: 12:34am On Dec 28, 2018
EasternDamsel4:

Both religions have bigger problems.

Huh huh! Like say you don see Christian kill in the name of God now,I would havectaken you seriously.
Re: Christmas Food: Muslim Lady Blocked On Facebook Group by kumakunta: 2:36am On Dec 28, 2018
Kdon2:

Yeah christians don't murder people in the name of God. No sacrilege is beyond that! Christians aren't backward thinking they are progressive
Christians don’t murder in the name of their god? lol . Go back to history bro lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Died / Juan Hugo's Testimony Of Heaven & Hell / 38 Repentant Prostitutes Baptized In Port-Harcourt (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.