Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,502 members, 7,816,192 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos (58111 Views)

Policeman At A Checkpoint In Ekiti Asks Driver To "Pay" Him Via Bank Transfer / Soldier Slaps Policeman At Sokoto UBA ATM / A Soldier In Uniform Beaten By A Policeman In Mufti At ATM In Damaturu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by DECENCY3: 7:08pm On Dec 27, 2018
CastedDude:
An Air Force Officer identified as Val Monfort Sixtus was shot dead by police Sergeant on Wednesday, 26th December in Calabar, Cross River State.

It was scooped that the incident happened at Unity Bank ATM Stand along Marian Road, Calabar, few hours to the Carnival Calabar Cultural Parade.

The Air force personnel died after being shot at by the police sergeant.

According to statement issued and signed by the Nigeria Air Force, NAF Special Mobility Group, Calabar on the 26th December, 2018, the shot Airman remains have been taken to the University of Calabar Teaching Hospital, UCTH.

The Cross River Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Irene Ugbo said; “The Police Officer that was posted to the bank as point of duty was sitting down when all of a sudden he heard some noise from the ATM Machine Stand. So, his duty as a Police Officer was to go there and find out what was really happening. When he got there, he was trying to interfere and he was like what is happening here? All of a sudden, the whole crowd attacked him, so, he released a bullet which went straight to an Air Force Officer.

“Although, he didn’t know because they were not on uniform – they were all on mufti. They actually attacked him, they slapped the Policeman first before he released the bullet, but it’s under control.

“The Airman died at the point, but the Commander and the Commissioner of Police were able to bring down the situation,” DSP Ugbo said.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/12/young-air-force-officer-killed-by-policeman-at-atm-in-calabar.html
The line was long

People were many

Two Airfocre guys on mufti went straight to withdraw money without joining the line

The crowd became angry

They refuse them to make withdrawals

Fight started bringing in more confusion to the already over crowded ATM stand.

The police man tried to separate but he could not.

He fired 2 shots to the air but the fight still continued.

He decided to use force to separate them by slapping them.

The Airforce guy got upset for being slapped and decided to attack the policeman

Both of them struggled the Arms of the policeman.

The Airforce guy almost over powered the policeman.

That's when the policeman release the third shot and the guy dropped no one knew he had died instantly.

The crowed was divided. Those who supported the Airforce guy and the touts loading taxi joined in beating the policeman. Others were looking and saying the Airforce guy deserves what he got while others scampered for safety.

The other Airforce guy called the base and they came and took away the policeman.

Never argue with someone who is with gun

Never present yourself to be above the law

Respect people
We have only one life on Earth be wise .

The policeman should have called for re- enforcement. While the Airforce guy should have introduced himself or be disciplined in public.

In all both lacked wisdom in handling the situation.

3 Likes

Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by Emyben(m): 7:17pm On Dec 27, 2018
Neddyogu:

So u want d cop to remain calm until he's disarmed by those ruffians called air force officers? I don't support the killing tho but ALL Nigerian military personnel, even non-military uniform service men can be very silly. Imagine one retired General dey for bar wey I dey drink beer dey rake say d bill dem give am too high, say he go scatter the place, he go do this one, he go do dat one, Na so I just dey look d nigger. Shey if mopol shoot dis one now, dem go say mopol?

Mopol shoot a retired general and you are here saying them go say them say... That will be the biggest mistake any paramilitary agency personnel will make.

To shoot a General. Hmmm... I can't even imagine it. Better dont
Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by Neddyogu(m): 7:24pm On Dec 27, 2018
Emyben:

Mopol shoot a retired general and you are here saying them go say them say... That will be the biggest mistake any paramilitary agency personnel will make.

To shoot a General. Hmmm... I can't even imagine it. Better dont

No matter the aftermath, who die don die. My point be say most military personnel dey find unnecessary trouble as if they are bulletproof.

1 Like

Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by UNUKHASO: 10:28pm On Dec 27, 2018
THE MILITARY SHOULD BE EDUCATED TO SEE THE POLICE AS PARTNER IN PROGRESS AND NOT AS A COMMON CITIZEN .INDIVIDUAL DUTY IS DESIGN BY THE CONSTITUTION .THEY SHOULD STOP THE HAAIT OF TRYING TO DISARMING THE POLICE OR STABBING THEM WHILE PERFORMING THEIR LAWFUL DUTY.

1 Like

Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by planetx: 10:56pm On Dec 27, 2018
I hate this idiots calling themselves soldiers in Nigeria, bunch of arrogant mofos.

1 Like

Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by principi(m): 11:04pm On Dec 27, 2018
FRoosevelt:
Post now, I'd like to know what really happened.
It was on the 26th of December in Unity Bank.
It's around Marian Road. A plain clothed Air Force man jumped queue to withdraw.
He was stopped by some guys who felt angry at what happened. Then began the fight and scuffle.
A policeman attaches to the bank came to stop the fracas.

The rest is History
Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by Ritzy3(f): 4:45am On Dec 28, 2018
Eternal rest grant onto him oh Lord, my then platoon leader in Bayelsa is gone, RIP fallen Hero. death be not proud that d NPF has given u another customer.
Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by megley(f): 5:47am On Dec 28, 2018
The fool of a policeman could shoot, but couldn't shoot into the air, abi?

Baga lizard!!

See how he's wasted someone's life!
Mtsheeeeeew! I keep wondering the kind of training they give them in that their so-called police college
Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by colossus91(m): 6:53am On Dec 28, 2018
Jesus I know that guy we served in bayelsa together omg wtf!! he was killed cos he didn't join queue at the ATM,everyone was shouting he should join queue and security officer for bank came to tell him to join queue baba wan disarm d mopol na him the trigger friendly mopol pull trigger and val the gallant one is downed!!
Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by Dearlord(m): 8:16am On Dec 28, 2018
JasonScoolari:
Thank God it's not our very own Nairaland baby daddy, "Airforce01"

May his soul rest peacefully. Police matter don tire me to debate.

This is very wrong statement to make at any time.

We are all equal in the eyes of the Lord

1 Like

Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by celwonder(m): 8:21am On Dec 28, 2018
Dchair2:

How can the military be (in you own words powerless within the country) when the police itself hasn't lived up to proper expectations. The military has constantly been drafted to partner the police and other internal security agencies in various kinds of duties which ought to be carried out by the police and her sister agencies

my brother, some of the core mandate (but not limited to) of the military is to:

1. defend d country and its borders against external aggression/invasion

2. "help" in maintaining internal security in d case of extremely armed conflict / war.

3. help in humanitarian services within the borders of their country in events of natural disaster... etc

the fact that Nigeria has abused the use of the military doesn't mean that's the standard of d military / armed forces. The same way the use of the police has been abused.

I state again, in Democracy, the military are powerless inside a country because of the rule of law which doesn't support their modus operandi ( use of force / aggressiveness).
Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by babayoski: 1:17pm On Dec 28, 2018
my combatant regular bmtc37/16.....instead of celebration we are mourning,.....baggas must fill it....bloody police
Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by jjstanley(m): 4:53pm On Dec 28, 2018
a very bad news for the Nigerian Military..a fine and sound leader at the level of our training, he was indeed our General Course Head.. am still in tears , rest on my gallant coursemate..course 38 say Adieu Cpl Val MU

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Kills His Blood Brother For “Disrespecting” His Girlfriend In Onitsha (Pix) / 1,000 Chinese Scammers Arrested Inside A House In Malaysia (Photos) / Chidinma Ojukwu Arrives Court Today Looking All Fresh (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.