Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS (25117 Views)

Real Reasons FG Is Replacing BVN, Others With NIN / Android Q – See The New Features Google Plans On Releasing / How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by djon78(m): 8:21am On Dec 29, 2018
WORDWORLD:

THAT IS THE PARADOX OF OUR TIME IN HISTORY. THE AGE OF CONSUERISM, WHICH ALMOST EVERYTHING BECOMES OBSOLETE REALLY, REALLY FAST.

In your spare time ponder over every word below as you read carefully.

"The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings but SHORTER TEMPERS; wider freeways, but NARROWER VIEWS POINTS. We spend more, but HAVE LESS; we buy more, but ENJOY LESS; We have bigger houses and SMALLER FAMILES; more conveniences, but LESS TIME. We have more degrees but *LESS SENSE (I just hope some how our senselessness will ponder over this, it continues) more knowledge, but LESS JUDGEMENT; more experts, yet more PROBLEMS; more medicine, but LESS WELLNESS.

We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up to late, get up too tired, READ TOO LITTLE, watch TV too much, and PRAY TOO SELDOM. We have multiplied our possessions, but REDUCED OUR VALUES. We talk too much, love too seldom, and HATE TOO OFTEN. We've learned how to make a living, but NOT A LIFE. We've added years to life NOT LIFE TO YEARS. We've been all the way to the moon and back, but HAVE TROUBLE CROSSING THE STREET TO MEET A NEW NEIGHBOUR. We conquered outer space but NOT INNER SPACE (this I find most important, our innerself is the ONLY BATTLE FIELD and not the avoidable wars, killing one another, conquering of our inner self to incline towards GOOD eschewing EVIL it continues)  
We've done larger things, but NOT BETTER THINGS. We've cleaned up the air, but POLLUTED THE SOUL. We've conquered atom but NOT OUR PREJUDICE. We write more, BUT LEARN LESS. We plan more but ACCOMPLISH LESS. We've learned to rush, but not TO WAIT. We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever, but WE COMMUNICATE LESS AND LESS.

These are the times of fast foods and SLOW DIGESTION; Big men and SMALL CHARACTER; step profit and shallow relationships. These are the days of two incomes but MORE DIVORCE;

Fancier houses but BROKEN HOMES. These are days of quick trips, disposable diapers, THROW AWAY MORALITY, ONE NIGHT STANDS, OVERWEIGHT BODIES, AND PILLS THAT DO EVERYTHING FROM CHEER, TO QUIET, TO KILL. fancier houses but broken homes.

It is a time when there is much in the showroom window and NOTHING IN THE STOCKROOM. A time when technology can bring this letter to you, and a time you can choose either to share this insight, or to just delete.

Remember spending some time with your loved ones, because they are not going to be around forever. Remember to say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe, because that little person soon will grow and leave your side.
Remember to give a warm hug to the one next to you, because that is the only treasure you can give with your heart and IT DOESN'T COST A CENT.

Remember to say "I LOVE YOU" to your partner and your loved ones, but MOST OF ALL MEAN IT.

A kiss and an embrace will mend hurt WHEN IT COMES FROM DEEP INSIDE OF YOU. Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment for someday that person will not be there again.
GIVE TIME TO LOVE,GIVE TIME TO SPEAK AND GIVE TIME TO SHARE THE PRECIOUS THOUGHTS IN YOUR MIND."

**This was originally written by Dr. Bob
Morehead, but has been altered slightly
while bouncing around on the internet
since 1998**

NOTE, THE ILLUSTRATION BELOW IS ONLY A PERSPECTIVE WHICH DOES NOT REFLECT AN HOLISTIC VIEW.

You hit it spot on. God bless you greatly for this inspiring, soul lifting write up.

Humanity has completely lost it indeed. No more love but hate everywhere. No more good human relationships. May God help us.

1 Like

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Masterclass32: 8:26am On Dec 29, 2018
WORDWORLD:

THAT IS THE PARADOX OF OUR TIME IN HISTORY. THE AGE OF CONSUERISM, WHICH ALMOST EVERYTHING BECOMES OBSOLETE REALLY, REALLY FAST.

In your spare time ponder over every word below as you read carefully.

"The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings but SHORTER TEMPERS; wider freeways, but NARROWER VIEWS POINTS. We spend more, but HAVE LESS; we buy more, but ENJOY LESS; We have bigger houses and SMALLER FAMILES; more conveniences, but LESS TIME. We have more degrees but *LESS SENSE (I just hope some how our senselessness will ponder over this, it continues) more knowledge, but LESS JUDGEMENT; more experts, yet more PROBLEMS; more medicine, but LESS WELLNESS.

We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up to late, get up too tired, READ TOO LITTLE, watch TV too much, and PRAY TOO SELDOM. We have multiplied our possessions, but REDUCED OUR VALUES. We talk too much, love too seldom, and HATE TOO OFTEN. We've learned how to make a living, but NOT A LIFE. We've added years to life NOT LIFE TO YEARS. We've been all the way to the moon and back, but HAVE TROUBLE CROSSING THE STREET TO MEET A NEW NEIGHBOUR. We conquered outer space but NOT INNER SPACE (this I find most important, our innerself is the ONLY BATTLE FIELD and not the avoidable wars, killing one another, conquering of our inner self to incline towards GOOD eschewing EVIL it continues)  
We've done larger things, but NOT BETTER THINGS. We've cleaned up the air, but POLLUTED THE SOUL. We've conquered atom but NOT OUR PREJUDICE. We write more, BUT LEARN LESS. We plan more but ACCOMPLISH LESS. We've learned to rush, but not TO WAIT. We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever, but WE COMMUNICATE LESS AND LESS.

These are the times of fast foods and SLOW DIGESTION; Big men and SMALL CHARACTER; step profit and shallow relationships. These are the days of two incomes but MORE DIVORCE;

Fancier houses but BROKEN HOMES. These are days of quick trips, disposable diapers, THROW AWAY MORALITY, ONE NIGHT STANDS, OVERWEIGHT BODIES, AND PILLS THAT DO EVERYTHING FROM CHEER, TO QUIET, TO KILL. fancier houses but broken homes.

It is a time when there is much in the showroom window and NOTHING IN THE STOCKROOM. A time when technology can bring this letter to you, and a time you can choose either to share this insight, or to just delete.

Remember spending some time with your loved ones, because they are not going to be around forever. Remember to say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe, because that little person soon will grow and leave your side.
Remember to give a warm hug to the one next to you, because that is the only treasure you can give with your heart and IT DOESN'T COST A CENT.

Remember to say "I LOVE YOU" to your partner and your loved ones, but MOST OF ALL MEAN IT.

A kiss and an embrace will mend hurt WHEN IT COMES FROM DEEP INSIDE OF YOU. Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment for someday that person will not be there again.
GIVE TIME TO LOVE,GIVE TIME TO SPEAK AND GIVE TIME TO SHARE THE PRECIOUS THOUGHTS IN YOUR MIND."

**This was originally written by Dr. Bob
Morehead, but has been altered slightly
while bouncing around on the internet
since 1998**

NOTE, THE ILLUSTRATION BELOW IS ONLY A PERSPECTIVE WHICH DOES NOT REFLECT AN HOLISTIC VIEW.

Insightful

1 Like

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by femi4: 8:28am On Dec 29, 2018
Team Android 4 life. I m not moving an inch. Android n proud!
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 29, 2018
dguyindcorner:

The problem is that weed is now very cheap.

Bro she is right, happened to me.. I didn't know till my mum came to wake me up
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 29, 2018
tsephanyah:
If your house was on fire while you were asleep, you wouldn't wake up. Sense of smell is off when you're sleeping.

I've experienced this and I can say it's 100% correct

1 Like

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by KULESTGee24(m): 8:31am On Dec 29, 2018
We are in the era of technological advancement, Nigeria Army should invest in military technology acquisition

1 Like

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by SeriouslySense(m): 8:38am On Dec 29, 2018
this is interesting write-up, The fragmentation in Android can be a headache
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:44am On Dec 29, 2018
I just watched a video of a guy saying the same thing on YouTube, why did you copy what he said word for word NaijaTechGuy

2 Likes

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Olalekank(m): 8:56am On Dec 29, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:

Read up on Flutter, Any Android OEM ditching Google would have to use their own OS and with the millions of Android apps available, creating a new OS would fail woefully
Help me tell them. Most of these phone companies are heavily reliant on Google's android OS, if Google ditches android OS today and replaces with Fuchsia, these OEMs should expect to change to Fuchsia also.

Besides, with flutter, you can write code for iOS, android and Fuchsia.

1 Like

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by martineverest(m): 8:57am On Dec 29, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:

Read up on Flutter, Any Android OEM ditching Google would have to use their own OS and with the millions of Android apps available, creating a new OS would fail woefully
I knew much about flutter b4 u heard about it......with PWAs,u don't need android apps... PWAs will replace mobile apps in the future.developers are trooping into PWAs as it cheaper and less stressful.once u write a PWAs,it's automatically used in all operating systems.this will enable more operating systems to be created.powerful OEMs like Samsung and Huawei will develop their operations systems while relying on PWAs instead of using android playstore apps..... Microsoft too is creating environment that will enable PWAs into windows.this will solve the app gaps Microsoft experienced during window phone era.recall that Microsoft bis also creating Andromeda os that will rival android and ios

1 Like

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Offpoint: 8:58am On Dec 29, 2018
tsephanyah:
If your house was on fire while you were asleep, you wouldn't wake up. Sense of smell is off when you're sleeping.
Not me ma, no matter how deep I sleep I will be awake by any form of smoke.

1 Like

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Olalekank(m): 8:59am On Dec 29, 2018
femi4:
Team Android 4 life. I m not moving an inch. Android n proud!
What phone do you use, assume it's Samsung.

These phone companies might be compelled to use Fuchsia because they rely on Google's android. Now if Google decides to stop producing android and now start shipping flutter, would Samsung stick to the obsolete android, or create their own OS or switch to the new and more stable flutter?

Of course except you'd want to switch to iOS
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by martineverest(m): 9:01am On Dec 29, 2018
Olalekank:

Help me tell them. Most of these phone companies are heavily reliant on Google's android OS, if Google ditches android OS today and replaces with Fuchsia, these OEMs should expect to change to Fuchsia also.

Besides, with flutter, you can write code for iOS, android and Fuchsia.
have u read about PWAs?.....with PWAs,u don't need android is,every browser indirectly becomes operating system without lacking apps.imagine Samsung tizen+PWAs+ Samsung browser+ xcloud,who will need laggy,insecure nandd buggy android or new OS, fuchsia?
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by WaffenSS(m): 9:01am On Dec 29, 2018
tsephanyah:

Pls stop doing drugs
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Olalekank(m): 9:05am On Dec 29, 2018
martineverest:
have u read about PWAs?.....with PWAs,u don't need android is,every browser indirectly becomes operating system without lacking apps.imagine Samsung tizen+PWAs+ Samsung browser+ xcloud,who will need laggy,insecure nandd buggy android?
This is NOT android, this is Fuchsia OS.

As far as I remember, does Samsung use android or not? I've not heard much about the Tizen OS and I doubt if many people are excited about it.

Fuchsia is meant to replace the emboldened

2 Likes

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by martineverest(m): 9:09am On Dec 29, 2018
Olalekank:

This is NOT android, this is Fuchsia OS.

As far as I remember, does Samsung use android or not? I've not heard much about the Tizen OS and I doubt if many people are excited about it.

Fuchsia is meant to replace the emboldened
u aren't getting my point....most OEMs are still with android or google because of playstore.most app developers dont see beyoind ios and android.once PWAs becomes reality, OEMs will no even bother with android or fuchsia as they will now have their own app stores and operating systems
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by PotatoSalad(m): 9:10am On Dec 29, 2018
tsephanyah:
How come i smell abacha when I'm fast asleep?
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Olalekank(m): 9:11am On Dec 29, 2018
martineverest:
have u read about PWAs?.....with PWAs,u don't need android is,every browser indirectly becomes operating system without lacking apps.imagine Samsung tizen+PWAs+ Samsung browser+ xcloud,who will need laggy,insecure nandd buggy android or new OS, fuchsia?
..continuing from the post above. Progressive web apps are cool no doubt but it doesn't change the fact that a progressive web App (PWA) would run ON an OS. It needs a platform to run on. Besides web apps can't access some native features in a mobile phone and a typical example is the camera.

I've seen a couple of PWA and have a friend who built one. It's essentially like a website optimized to work like an app but it CAN'T replace a real app IMO

2 Likes

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Olalekank(m): 9:16am On Dec 29, 2018
martineverest:
u aren't getting my point....most OEMs are still with android or google because of playstore.most app developers dont see beyoind ios and android.once PWAs becomes reality, OEMs will no even bother with android or fuchsia as they will now have their own app stores and operating systems
I'm a flutter developer who's looking beyond iOS and android but towards the Fuchsia way so my opinion might be a bit bias.

Building an operating system isn't as easy as you stated at the emboldened. With a team at Google building the Fuchsia OS for this long, how long do you think infinix or tecno or these smaller companies would build this for? Then we talk about stability, cost of paying the developers.

It's not cost effective if you ask me.

2 Likes

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Olalekank(m): 9:23am On Dec 29, 2018
martineverest:
I knew much about flutter b4 u heard about it......recall that Microsoft bis also creating Andromeda os that will rival android and ios
What makes you think so @ emboldened?

The OS Microsoft is creating that's supposed to rival android and iOS has to bring something spectacular to survive the fierce battle.

It took Google's Android 8 years to reach 88% market share from 25% in 2010. Microsoft should be ready for a battle, a fierce battle at that if they're to survive.

3 Likes

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by wisdomkid: 9:25am On Dec 29, 2018
Fuscia or Andriod, I prefer it to iPhone

1 Like

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by martineverest(m): 9:26am On Dec 29, 2018
Olalekank:

I'm a flutter developer who's looking beyond iOS and android but towards the Fuchsia way so my opinion might be a bit bias.

Building an operating system isn't as easy as you stated at the emboldened. With a team at Google building the Fuchsia OS for this long, how long do you think infinix or tecno or these smaller companies would build this for? Then we talk about stability, cost of paying the developers.

do u even realize that flutter isn't an open source,which won't bode well with android OEMs? do u realise that developers don't give a shi.t about new OS? do u realise that Google have privacy issue,making flutter closed won't encourage western users?

u don't need to pay developers to develop PWAs.once a developer write PWAs anybody can use the app cos it's universal.its independent of operating systems or browser

google can never DITCH android os.smaller OEMs will stick with android while bigger ones like Samsung and Huawei will stick with their own OS or Windows (as u can see that new Samsung and Huawei tablets are windows)...recall that huaw6 announced that they are building their own OS and Samsung got tizen

if u think fuchsia will be ready by 2022,they u are delusioned....chrome OS is already 10 yrs old and it's still riddled with bugs.compared that to more powerful fuchsia that takes forever to develop
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Olalekank(m): 9:29am On Dec 29, 2018
martineverest:
dead on arrival..they tried doing same thing with chrome OS,it been a total failure.what about wear OS,android one?.....Google can't go beyond android OS..... privacy invasion has been Google's Frankenstein monster

with the advent of PWAs,I see many operating systems springing up....Samsung and Huawei will likely dump android when PWAs becomes popular.in short , android OEMs are looking for a way to ditch google
Unfortunately, it isn't easy to just ditch android, the OS that is used in approximately 85% of the total mobile phones in the world, neither is it easy to create an OS just like that.

Since about 85% are reliant on something central - android that Google is creating then if Google creates Fuchsia and replaces it with this android, most of these guys would sheepishly follow.

If iOS is ready to make their OS open source then maybe other OEMs might build on that. However we both know apple can never do something like that grin
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by martineverest(m): 9:29am On Dec 29, 2018
Olalekank:

What makes you think so @ emboldened?

The OS Microsoft is creating that's supposed to rival android and iOS has to bring something spectacular to survive the fierce battle.

It took Google's Android 8 years to reach 88% market share from 25% in 2010. Microsoft should be ready for a battle, a fierce battle at that if they're to survive.

and do u realised that windows tablets is already pushing iPad and especially Android tablets to oblivion?

1 Like

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by martineverest(m): 9:32am On Dec 29, 2018
Olalekank:

u are a flutter developer?....do u think u are chatting with a learner?..when did Google released flutter SDK that u are already a developer?even the SDK is still in alpha stage not even beta.
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Olalekank(m): 9:36am On Dec 29, 2018
martineverest:
do u even realize that flutter isn't an open source,which won't bode well with android OEMs? do u realise that developers don't give a shi.t about new OS? do u realise that Google have privacy issue,making flutter closed won't encourage western users?

u don't need to pay developers to develop PWAs.once a developer write PWAs anybody can use the app cos it's universal.its independent of operating systems or browser

google can never DITCH android os.smaller OEMs will stick with android while bigger ones like Samsung and Huawei will stick with their own OS or Windows (as u can see that new Samsung and Huawei tablets are windows)...recall that huaw6 announced that they are building their own OS and Samsung got tizen

if u think fuchsia will be ready by 2022,they u are delusioned....chrome OS is already 10 yrs old and it's still riddled with bugs.compared that to more powerful fuchsia that takes forever to develop
Your first paragraph is very wrong. Google has always and would provably always be an advocate for open source. Flutter is totally open source and I can contribute in any way I can. I even intend to ship two different packages this coming here. Check online for flutter source code and you'd get a link to github.

I don't mean the cost of building PWAs, I mean the cost of paying the developers who would build the NEW OS for these OEMs.

While you have a point that brands like Samsung and Huawei might actually build their own OS and allow PWAs to run on it. It doesn't change the fact that some native features would not be present.

Same way Chrome OS is struggling in the market is the same way a new Samsung, Huawei or Microsoft OS would suffer to the bigger boys. Besides Google is stepping into the education sector with over 25 million students with a chromebook
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 29, 2018
Interesting argument cool

4 Likes

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Olalekank(m): 9:38am On Dec 29, 2018
martineverest:
u are a flutter developer?....do u think u are chatting with a learner?..when did Google released flutter SDK that u are already a developer?even the SDK is still in alpha stage not even beta.
Lol, how time flies...

Head on to the flutter website. Flutter has been in beta when I knew about flutter in may.
The stable version 1.0.0 was released first week of December. I'm not saying you're a learner, no, I can't call you a learner.

2 Likes

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by odhus(m): 9:40am On Dec 29, 2018
Hmmm learning alot from developers here .....Happy New Year in Advance ..... i can see that many Phone Producer want their own independent OS...it will be a great battle becos google is at the top of their game

1 Like

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by dominusgai(m): 9:42am On Dec 29, 2018
martineverest:
and do u realised that windows tablets is already pushing iPad and especially Android tablets to oblivion?
Sir, I think you are talking about another planet. All window phone users are ditching their phones like it is poison. It has connectivity issues with other phones, hangs up and down and expensive spare parts. There is no where on earth the windows tablet is pushing out Android tablets for now. Maybe in the next 20 years if google is sleeping
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by martineverest(m): 9:42am On Dec 29, 2018
Olalekank:

Lol, how time flies...

Head on to the flutter website. Flutter has been in beta when I knew about flutter in may.
The stable version 1.0.0 was released first week of December. I'm not saying you're a learner, no, I can't call you a learner.
and u already learnt the flutter language in 3 weeks?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tecno Spark 2 With Face Unlock, 6 Inches 3500mah Battery: Specifications / How Do I Track My Phone That Just Got Stolen? Pls HELP!! / EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.