Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS (25118 Views)

Real Reasons FG Is Replacing BVN, Others With NIN / Android Q – See The New Features Google Plans On Releasing / How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Olalekank(m): 9:43am On Dec 29, 2018
gensteejay:
Interesting argument cool
Yes o, we are all learning.
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by PAQ(m): 9:43am On Dec 29, 2018
MeshachMARTINS:
Na after android Z they go release am.. Highest they will do is to rush all the android version so that they can quickly reach Z,they have to complete the whole alphabet a-z, then fuchsia..

..maybe grin

Android did not start from A, it started from 1.0, 1.1 then 1.5 Cup cake, the first Android confectionary themed code name. So it it may not get to Z afterall.
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by martineverest(m): 9:44am On Dec 29, 2018
dominusgai:

Sir, I think you are talking about another planet. All window phone users are ditching their phones like it is poison. It has connectivity issues with other phones, hangs up and down and expensive spare parts. There is no where on earth the windows tablet is pushing out Android tablets for now. Maybe in the next 20 years if google is sleeping
windows phone is different from Windows... I'm talking about desktop OS not mobile

have u heard of Samsung galaxybook or Huawei matebooks?since the advent of Microsoft surface Pro tablets,tablet sector have changed..most tablets are now required to be powerful instead of playing candy crush and Facebooking which Ur phone can do...apple released iPad pro to tackle Microsoft,but it's hasn't dented surface pro popularity cos iPad pro is a mobile os device

3 Likes

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Olalekank(m): 9:44am On Dec 29, 2018
martineverest:
and u already learnt the flutter language in 3 weeks?
Bro why you dey talk like this na, you're a developer. The same code I was writing in my beta stage is the same thing I'm still writing now except for some few modifications

2 Likes

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by martineverest(m): 9:46am On Dec 29, 2018
Olalekank:

Bro why you dey talk like this na, you're a developer. The same code I was writing in my beta stage is the same thing I'm still writing now except for some few modifications
lol

and u learnt the modifications in just 3 weeks?...what app have u developed or are u developing?
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by dominusgai(m): 9:51am On Dec 29, 2018
martineverest:
windows phone is different from Windows... I'm talking about desktop OS not mobile

have u heard of Samsung galaxybook or Huawei matebooks?
The last I checked all windows devices operate same OS. And your last post clearly mentioned tablet, not desktop. For desktop windows will remain on top. But for phones and other gadgets, na Android get am o.
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Olulinks(m): 9:56am On Dec 29, 2018
tsephanyah:
If your house was on fire while you were asleep, you wouldn't wake up. Sense of smell is off when you're sleeping.
Wow. I never thought of this ever! That's why people get burnt to death in their sleep when their house is on fire.

1 Like

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by martineverest(m): 9:56am On Dec 29, 2018
dominusgai:

The last I checked all windows devices operate same OS. And your last post clearly mentioned tablet, not desktop. For desktop windows will remain on top. But for phones and other gadgets, na Android get am o.
u clearly don't understand tech deeply...all windows devices don't run same operating system.windows 10 mobile is different from Windows 10 .windows 10 mobile is the is used by Windows phones while windows 10 is the is used by Windows tablets like surface pro, galaxybook etc and laptops

4 Likes

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by dominusgai(m): 9:59am On Dec 29, 2018
martineverest:
u clearly don't understand tech deeply...all windows devices don't run same operating system.windows 10 mobile is different from Windows 10 .windows 10 mobile is the is used by Windows phones when windows 10 is the is used by Windows tablets like surface pro, galaxybook etc and laptops
OK. Thanks for the info
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by martineverest(m): 9:59am On Dec 29, 2018
dominusgai:

OK. Thanks for the info
welcome sir
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by henrysolution(m): 10:14am On Dec 29, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:

Read up on Flutter, Any Android OEM ditching Google would have to use their own OS and with the millions of Android apps available, creating a new OS would fail woefully
Apple did it.
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Olalekank(m): 10:18am On Dec 29, 2018
martineverest:
lol

and u learnt the modifications in just 3 weeks?...what app have u developed or are u developing?
Lol, aren't you in the tech world. You're leaving the major argument and focusing on "me" learning flutter in 3 weeks. The modifications I am talking about are reduction in apk sizes and accepting integers instead of double in some places.

In the BETA stage of flutter, alibaba shipped an app, Hamilton music also shipped an app and the Google Adword was also released within this time frame.
Another guy from another country had to switch from ionic to flutter just because of performance issues, this is a startup and all these happened within the beta stage so let's cut learning flutter within that frame.

I am currently working on a flutter gig which should be in production soon. I also have someone in another country who I'm working with to deliver a prototype.

Back to the main argument
1. Not many OEMs can afford to pay developers to develop a new OS for them and would rather rely on Google to give them a FREE OS.
2. PWA cannot last and I don't expect companies to waste so much resource in building a new mobile OS just because they want to start using PWAs
3. PWAs cannot access most native features.
PWAs cannot replace Fuchsia, flutter is here to stay.

1 Like

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by jman77(m): 10:24am On Dec 29, 2018
He said ''ANY ANDROID OEMs''.....skank!
henrysolution:

Apple did it.

2 Likes

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by dguyindcorner(m): 10:30am On Dec 29, 2018
Edoloaded:

Bro she is right, happened to me.. I didn't know till my mum came to wake me up

What has dat got to do with the topic?

1 Like

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by OneKinGuy(m): 10:39am On Dec 29, 2018
Google just want to gain control of all Android Users Because of the freedom android gives. Do u know that If you flash a lineage OS rom on your device without installing any Google services, you will be complete anonymous on Google and Google don't like that. They want to know everything you are doing. that's why they want to make a new OS that they will have full control of.
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by martineverest(m): 10:51am On Dec 29, 2018
Olalekank:

Lol, aren't you in the tech world. You're leaving the major argument and focusing on "me" learning flutter in 3 weeks. The modifications I am talking about are reduction in apk sizes and accepting integers instead of double in some places.

In the BETA stage of flutter, alibaba shipped an app, Hamilton music also shipped an app and the Google Adword was also released within this time frame.
Another guy from another country had to switch from ionic to flutter just because of performance issues, this is a startup and all these happened within the beta stage so let's cut learning flutter within that frame.

I am currently working on a flutter gig which should be in production soon. I also have someone in another country who I'm working with to deliver a prototype.

Back to the main argument
1. Not many OEMs can afford to pay developers to develop a new OS for them and would rather rely on Google to give them a FREE OS.
2. PWA cannot last and I don't expect companies to waste so much resource in building a new mobile OS just because they want to start using PWAs
3. PWAs cannot access most native features.
PWAs cannot replace Fuchsia, flutter is here to stay.
u want to compare urself with Alibaba that have been using the SDK before it was launched?

bigger OEMs have the resources to develop new OSes....once Samsung and Huawei leave android to their own OSes,what is left in android? this is the main reason why Google is releasing her own hardwares, pixel

Ur number 2 and 3 points are TOTALLY wrong. PWAs are replacing mobile apps in the future and they got 95 percent of all native app features

mind you,Google is the one spearheading PWAs cos they know developers won't care about fuchsia, android tablets and chrome os...also PWAs will boost their add revenue
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Franky826: 10:52am On Dec 29, 2018
tsephanyah:
If your house was on fire while you were asleep, you wouldn't wake up. Sense of smell is off when you're sleeping.

I doubt this. If I'm sleeping and a meal I've long craved is brought to the room I'm sleeping in, I perceive the scent very fast and I wake up

1 Like

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by ksly24(m): 11:03am On Dec 29, 2018
so this means that android devices would be on par with apple devices or even faster
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Olalekank(m): 11:07am On Dec 29, 2018
martineverest:
u want to compare urself with Alibaba that have been using the SDK before it was launched?

bigger OEMs have the resources to develop new OSes....once Samsung and Huawei leave android to their own OSes,what is left in android? this is the main reason why Google is releasing her own hardwares, pixel

Ur number 2 and 3 points are TOTALLY wrong. PWAs are replacing mobile apps in the future and they got 95 percent of all native app features

mind you,Google is the one spearheading PWAs cos they know developers won't care about fuchsia, android tablets and chrome os...also PWAs will boost their add revenue
So, I never said anything about comparing myself to Alibaba. I can switch between version 0.5.1 And 1.0.0 and the changes are very minimal.

I'm just interested in the progress of kirin OS and Tizen, before they launch, other OEM would have switched to Fuchsia.

It's good to know google is spearheading PWAs but if you've been following Google recently, you'd realize no one is talking about PWA cos even Google are seeming like they're not interested.

If eventually, Samsung builds their own OS, would companies like WhatsApp start building PWA apps for this reason.
Your points are not cost effective and me as a company owner would not choose PWAs rather than a native app built using java or swift or flutter
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Ozkar: 11:07am On Dec 29, 2018
These people shouting PWAs upandan, it's like you dunno what a PWA is. Is a freaking web app with ability to manage network disruption well because it uses a service worker.

It's funny anyone would think that PWAs can replace all native apps. In this age of security, you think any good OS would give full hardware API functionality reserved for trusted native apps to PWAs that can easily be manipulated remotely?

Quit the PWA noise. A web app is a web app, progressive or not.

4 Likes

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Olalekank(m): 11:10am On Dec 29, 2018
Ozkar:
These people shouting PWAs upandan, it's like you dunno what a PWA is. Is a freaking web app with ability to manage network disruption well because it uses a service worker.

It's funny anyone would think that PWAs can replace all native apps. In this age of security, you think any good OS would give full hardware API functionality reserved for trusted native apps to PWAs that can easily be manipulated remotely?

Quit the PWA noise. A web app is a web app, progressive or not.

Preach it preach it. That's what I've been trying to explain since

2 Likes

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 29, 2018
OneKinGuy:
Google just want to gain control of all Android Users Because of the freedom android gives. Do u know that If you flash a lineage OS rom on your device without installing any Google services, you will be complete anonymous on Google and Google don't like that. They want to know everything you are doing. that's why they want to make a new OS that they will have full control of.
Google and privacy invasion are 5 and 6
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by encryptjay(m): 11:29am On Dec 29, 2018
Olalekank:

Preach it preach it. That's what I've been trying to explain since
Nice one boss, you and Martins keeping it real. How long have you been into programming? Java right
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Olalekank(m): 11:31am On Dec 29, 2018
encryptjay:

Nice one boss, you and Martins keeping it real.
How long have you been into programming? Java right
Major coding, 8 months

Minor coding, 3 - 4 years
Flutter (Dart)
ASP.Net
JavaScript

1 Like

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 29, 2018
dguyindcorner:

What has dat got to do with the topic?

Just wanted to clarify, since you made it seem like she was lying..

Well have a nice day
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by martineverest(m): 12:08pm On Dec 29, 2018
Olalekank:

So, I never said anything about comparing myself to Alibaba. I can switch between version 0.5.1 And 1.0.0 and the changes are very minimal.

I'm just interested in the progress of kirin OS and Tizen, before they launch, other OEM would have switched to Fuchsia.

It's good to know google is spearheading PWAs but if you've been following Google recently, you'd realize no one is talking about PWA cos even Google are seeming like they're not interested.

If eventually, Samsung builds their own OS, would companies like WhatsApp start building PWA apps for this reason.
Your points are not cost effective and me as a company owner would not choose PWAs rather than a native app built using java or swift or flutter
tizen has been existing for about 5 years..all Samsung smart TV and galaxy watches are on tizen...

most android OEMs won't switch to fuchsia cos it's close source...same reason they haven't switched to chrome os

twitter,Instagram,google maps,Google photos Facebook,sportify,Netflix,Alibaba etc are already on PWAs

u don't need to build PWAs from scratch..websites with PWAs capabilities can be converted to apps automatically..pwas app are very light..example the Twitter app is about 200mb in size while Twitter PWA is just 5kb.

Google isn't relenting on PWAs cos it's the only way to move chrome os and fuchsia forward.without it no developer will take fuchsia serious.google moved android apps to chrome os,yet no developer cared about reworking their apps to take advantage of Chrome OS,why would u think developers will care about fuchsia?
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by MeshachMARTINS(m): 12:20pm On Dec 29, 2018
PAQ:

Android did not start from A, it started from 1.0, 1.1 then 1.5 Cup cake, the first Android confectionary themed code name. So it it may not get to Z afterall.
OK o
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by encryptjay(m): 12:28pm On Dec 29, 2018
Olalekank:
Major coding, 8 months
Minor coding, 3 - 4 years Flutter (Dart) ASP.Net JavaScript
Nice one.
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Ayobami7(m): 12:45pm On Dec 29, 2018
:湥 潴昣昸.
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by AZeD1(m): 1:00pm On Dec 29, 2018
martineverest:
and u already learnt the flutter language in 3 weeks?
Flutter is not a language, its a framework for writing mobile apps. Flutter uses the Dart programming language and anyone who's been programming for a while can build an app in flutter in two weeks.

3 Likes

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by martineverest(m): 1:13pm On Dec 29, 2018
AZeD1:

Flutter is not a language, its a framework for writing mobile apps. Flutter uses the Dart programming language and anyone who's been programming for a while can build an app in flutter in two weeks.
it's an SDK

i doubt if u can build an app within 2 weeks....maybe a very simple app
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by ogbu80(m): 1:24pm On Dec 29, 2018
dguyindcorner:

The problem is that weed is now very cheap.
grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tecno Spark 2 With Face Unlock, 6 Inches 3500mah Battery: Specifications / How Do I Track My Phone That Just Got Stolen? Pls HELP!! / EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.