Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,654 members, 7,827,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? (18548 Views)

My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card / I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over / How Can I Handle This Issue With The Wife Of My Boss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by Passionate888: 3:40pm On Dec 28, 2018
Wow
Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by pocohantas(f): 3:41pm On Dec 28, 2018
I don't know how people marry who they do not trust with their finances. If I can't trust you, enough to plan with you, why then are we married?

So, who would he rather tell?
His mother, siblings or friends?

Anyway, he knows his wife better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by Unik3030: 3:41pm On Dec 28, 2018
u don't want to tell your wife but u have posted it on social media.... how dumb could that be. I believe he's just seeking attention

3 Likes

Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 28, 2018
is it not funny that the guy is on twitter with his real name asking this stupid question

his friends, wife friends and family members are maybe following him

his wife knows already, no need for him to disturb us

2 Likes

Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by wj26584(m): 3:41pm On Dec 28, 2018
if u have a responsible and nor extravagant wife you can tell her but otherwise don't tell her. some Women are very deceitful.
Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by NwaliE01: 3:43pm On Dec 28, 2018
OP, you are the best person to advise yourself.

We don't know your wife nor her family.

You know your financial relationship with her.

You are the best person to decide whether to tell her of your salary increment or not.
Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by gonkin(m): 3:46pm On Dec 28, 2018
Lol, these guys are speaking from experience. I don learn something today
Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by Huchennar(m): 3:47pm On Dec 28, 2018
So you mean neither your wife or anybody related to her follows you on twitter?
if there is then this problem is solved already.
bunch of lies...the guy even fit no get job like me, talkless of increament in salary...When you come online on social media just have fun and believe nothing

1 Like

Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by LordKO(m): 3:51pm On Dec 28, 2018
If you can't trust/have no absolute trust in a woman you have called a wife (and vice versa), I wonder why you're still living with her/sharing closeness with her.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:51pm On Dec 28, 2018
It's called a FAMILY for a reason....so you BOTH make plans for the future and wellbeing of that said family. So you should tell wifey so you both can plan on what to do with the extra income. Hiding it like a coward that couldn't say NO (if she wanted to use it for something you don't agree with) makes you look really small.

If you can't trust the woman you sleep win every night, then I suggest you divorce this demon asap.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by bigtt76(f): 3:51pm On Dec 28, 2018
Best advice here! kiss

ikhileomotayo:

Well it depends on the type of wife he has. Some women know how to save and plan better than some men. If you are lucky to have such a woman as a wife then count yourself blessed as you have a financial adviser there. If his wife is one of such women, then he should absolutely tell her.

On the otherhand, if the wife is a slay queen or these owambe type of women, then the guy should keep shut grin

2 Likes

Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by shitshappen(m): 3:52pm On Dec 28, 2018
CreepyBlackpool:
If you want your wives younger sister to move in with you.

if you want to start training more of your wife's relatives.

if you want to buy your wife a new car.

if you want to find out your mother/father-in-law has been sick since and needs money for treatment.

if you want your children to start going to a costlier school.

then tell your wife

It is the sick part that is very annoying, I mean I'm not a doctor and this is definitely not the first time you are getting sick. And you cant just lock up because its somebody's life, God forbid should anything happen
Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by PrinceVM(m): 3:52pm On Dec 28, 2018
b4 a grow man can ask dat kind of question he already no d type of woman he put @ home

but he was just trying to b religious here...

na now some woman wey der hubby dey drop 5k 4 soup b4 .. n will want to drop d next one only 4 d woman to tell her some biblical story n wanting d money to b rise to 10k n she will b like if u no spend d money 4 us n ur body na inside grave or 4 another woman u won carry am give n d man will b bill x 2 of is 4ma bill n end up not even b beta Dan he was b4 nothing change
Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by dingbang(m): 3:53pm On Dec 28, 2018
Tell your wife!

1 Like

Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by ImaIma1(f): 3:58pm On Dec 28, 2018
CreepyBlackpool:

if you want to find out your mother/father-in-law has been sick since and needs money for treatment.

then tell your wife

But do you think the wife should tell her husband when she has a salary increase?
Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by ImaIma1(f): 4:01pm On Dec 28, 2018
slawomir:
Isoright

A real man does not inform the wife or girlfriend about the amount he is being paid not to talk of salary increment

Just hustle and have a good sense of responsibility

They will appreciate!

Real man? Says who?

Do you know what being one means?

Should a real woman also refuse to disclose her salary or any increment?

3 Likes

Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by braine(m): 4:01pm On Dec 28, 2018
If you had to ask this question, then you don't have to tell her.
Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by halhassan1(m): 4:02pm On Dec 28, 2018
3millionia:
Tell her, no be your wife again ?

1+1=1

tell her
That your arithmetic is for weak men
I have 3 legitimate wives who lives under NY roof, and I enjoyed a relative rest of mind with more sense of security than you guys with one who can't even trust his only one wife. Therefore 1 + 1 = 2

2 Likes

Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by causewahala: 4:03pm On Dec 28, 2018
I stand to be corrected: 90% of those saying tell her are not married and 90% of those saying don't tell her are married........

grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by slawomir: 4:04pm On Dec 28, 2018
ImaIma1:

Real man? Says who?

Do you know what being one means?

Should a real woman also refuse to disclose her salary or any increment?

My dear
A real woman does not give a fuccckkk about your pay or increment
She is only concerned about your responsibility.
Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by halhassan1(m): 4:04pm On Dec 28, 2018
oliver22:
Did jubril tell us when he swapped buhari?
Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by meobizy(f): 4:06pm On Dec 28, 2018
Doesn’t he have any older males in his life he can ask for advice?
So he is willing to take the advice of 14 year olds and single early twenty-somethings, yes?
Some things should stay unsaid. It seems social media is killing IQs as days go by.
Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by Earthquake1: 4:07pm On Dec 28, 2018
KingOfAllIgbos:
Short answer : please...dont

Lessons learnt : Don't believe everything you read....

i tell mine every increase yet i am advising the opposite here. cheesy

So you're married and you're doing all your tribalistic nonsense on nairaland

Sorry
Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by KingOfAllIgbos: 4:08pm On Dec 28, 2018
Earthquake1:

So you're married and you're doing all your tribalistic nonsense on nairaland

Sorry

Yes one of your sisters tongue

Better feel sorry for yourself. She still collects her doggy religiously every night
Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by CreepyBlackpool: 4:08pm On Dec 28, 2018
ImaIma1:

But do you think the wife should tell her husband when she has a salary increase?

Is the wife the breadwinner and will she assume those roles I mentioned with increase in her salary
Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by julyb(m): 4:08pm On Dec 28, 2018
It all depends on the kind of woman you married and love for money .
Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by PropertyDeals(f): 4:09pm On Dec 28, 2018
CreepyBlackpool:

then tell your wife

lol grin grin

If interested in acquiring lands or house/apartment property assets in good location and with peace of mins, please get in touch by clicking the chat link on our signature below...
Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:10pm On Dec 28, 2018
braine:
If you had to ask this question, then you don't have to tell stay married to her.

FIXED

1 Like

Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by mumjeremy(f): 4:13pm On Dec 28, 2018
it all depend on d type of wife u get if na beta wife u tell am if not
Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by ImaIma1(f): 4:13pm On Dec 28, 2018
CreepyBlackpool:

Is the wife the breadwinner and will she assume those roles I mentioned with increase in her salary

This doesn't answer the question. Or you mean since she is not the breadwinner, she can keep her salary and any increment a secret?

1 Like

Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by zubby4567(m): 4:14pm On Dec 28, 2018
BROS U NEED TO LET YOUR WIFE KNOWS AS LONG AS SHE IS NOT A SLAY QUEEN TYPE OF A WOMAN... MY WIFE KNOWS HOW MUCH I EARN IN A MONTH.REASON IS THAT WHEN EVER SHE IS DEMANDING FOR ANYTHING SHE WILL NOT DEMAND ABOVE MY LIMITS AND BESIDES SUCH WOMEN WILL HELP YOU WITH YOUR FINANCE.. AS WE SPEAK I HVE BUILT A COMFORTABLE TWO BEDROOM FLAT IN ABUJA DUE TO HOW MY WIFE HELPS ME TO KEEP RECORDS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

From 2k Buy Original Men Clothing And Accessories At Low Price POD / Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? / Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.