Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,171 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? (18547 Views)

My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card / I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over / How Can I Handle This Issue With The Wife Of My Boss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by frozen70(f): 7:57pm On Dec 28, 2018
To me it depends on their relationship

If your wife is economical, conservative and prudent with financial matters

Go ahead but if she is wasteful and cant manage finances

Just keep it to yourself.
After all the increase can't be up to 20% of your annual salary

Make you no go do obedient husband take an create issues for house

But plan with it rather
Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by ImaIma1(f): 8:02pm On Dec 28, 2018
slawomir:

Okay o
If you say it is primitive

Quite so.

I can't imagine my husband hiding something like that from me. He won't do such anyway. We don't use money as a weapon or make it as a god.

We plan together and spend together and no one feels like the Alpha or Omega. I think that is how a couple should be and not each one protecting their separate interests.
Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by prettysassygirl(f): 8:10pm On Dec 28, 2018
Nothing should be hidden between spouses,she definitely would find out later and bros,u won't like her reaction. If I found out my husband hid his own from me,I no go even talk,when my own increases,I would hide it as well. Simple
Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by slawomir: 8:12pm On Dec 28, 2018
ImaIma1:

Quite so.

I can't imagine my husband hiding something like that from me. He won't do such anyway. We don't use money as a weapon or make it as a god.

We plan together and spend together and no one feels like the Alpha or Omega. I think that is how a couple should be and not each one protecting their separate interests.

No one is protecting a Hidden interest.

Am saying when you take care of your family the woman will not be interested in your pay or increment.

You don't have to be a millionaire before you display a good sense of responsibility
It is only when you abandone your responsibility that your wife start being curious about your bank account or pay or even salary increment
Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by sweetilicious(f): 8:17pm On Dec 28, 2018
ikhileomotayo:

Well it depends on the type of wife he has. Some women know how to save and plan better than some men. If you are lucky to have such a woman as a wife then count yourself blessed as you have a financial adviser there. If his wife is one of such women, then he should absolutely tell her.

On the otherhand, if the wife is a slay queen or these owambe type of women, then the guy should keep shut grin
Exactly
Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by noble2faith(m): 8:33pm On Dec 28, 2018
skarlett:
The fact that you're nervous of telling her raises a red flag on your marriage, something is not right somewhere
U this glorious celestial creature again! Talk to me now, Skarlett baby.
Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by ImaIma1(f): 8:45pm On Dec 28, 2018
slawomir:

No one is protecting a Hidden interest.

Am saying when you take care of your family the woman will not be interested in your pay or increment.

You don't have to be a millionaire before you display a good sense of responsibility
It is only when you abandone your responsibility that your wife start being curious about your bank account or pay or even salary increment

Not true. Every increase should be noted and celebrated.

But you have your own opinion
Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by slawomir: 9:15pm On Dec 28, 2018
ImaIma1:

Not true. Every increase should be noted and celebrated.

But you have your own opinion

Is okay o

Maybe i will disclose it to her one day only if she ask
Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by kunleweb: 1:38am On Dec 29, 2018
frozen70:
To me it depends on their relationship

If your wife is economical, conservative and prudent with financial matters

Go ahead but if she is wasteful and cant manage finances

Just keep it to yourself.
After all the increase can't be up to 20% of your annual salary

Make you no go do obedient husband take an create issues for house

But plan with it rather

Ok
Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by igwefivestar(m): 5:23am On Dec 29, 2018
ImaIma1:

Quite so.

remember that what work for u might not work for another person. Marriage don't have formula.
Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by ImaIma1(f): 8:33am On Dec 29, 2018
igwefivestar:
remember that what work for u might not work for another person. Marriage don't have formula.

Off course. But there are basics, foundation and standards in marriage. There should be love and trust, they have both become one.

So if that is in place, the OP should not even need to ask this question because it is an indication that his marriage is faulty.
Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by Ayobami7(m): 4:36pm On Dec 30, 2018
我什么都没有
Re: Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? by Ugosample(m): 3:27am On Dec 31, 2018
Mishaya:
And he posted this on social media probably with his real account and picture. So your wife no go see this post know sey your salary don increase abi?

no mind am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

From 2k Buy Original Men Clothing And Accessories At Low Price POD / Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? / Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.