Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know (35025 Views)

10 Health Benefits Of Cucumber You Should Know / 10 Health Benefits Of Wild Lettuce (efo Yanrin In Yoruba) / 10 Health Benefits Of Cucumber (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Biodun1929(m): 9:04pm On Jan 01, 2019
xynerise:
Garlic increases libido

So true. Mix ginger and garlic and you have a formidable force.
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Eprolist: 9:04pm On Jan 01, 2019
That's me
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by JoseVanMoyes: 9:04pm On Jan 01, 2019
Ok
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by NovaCare: 9:05pm On Jan 01, 2019
You forgot to add that it is very potent in stopping severe diarrhea.

A very good replacement for Flagyl and Tetracycline

4 Likes

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by xynerise: 9:06pm On Jan 01, 2019
Biodun1929:

So true. Mix ginger and garlic and you have a formidable force.

Just the garlic alone does magic grin

2 Likes

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Biodun1929(m): 9:07pm On Jan 01, 2019
Adalassy:

As a naturopath I will also include that Garlic is a natural Aphrodisiac because it is a blood thinner and helps in ensuring adequate blood supply to the Phallus. It is this blood thinning ability it possesses that makes it good with blood pressure and cholesterol reduction.

Wow. I always knew it was a form of aphrodisiac, now I know why. Thanks for this scientific breakdown.

1 Like

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by grandstar(m): 9:09pm On Jan 01, 2019
It also has antibiotic qualities

I recently had a serious toothache and can't afford to lose a single teeth again!

I simply ate garlic concentrated the chewing at the painful tooth

It is over a month now and I feel no pain. It was a dirt cheap way to get rid of tooth pain as well

2 Likes

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by justmenoni: 9:10pm On Jan 01, 2019
11, not suitable for everyone
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by iCauseTrouble: 9:13pm On Jan 01, 2019
The day I ate garlic to work, my boss just told me not to come to work for 2 days.
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by FunctionX(m): 9:17pm On Jan 01, 2019
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by ayesco202(m): 9:18pm On Jan 01, 2019
Ourown:
Is garlic good for ulcer patients? I must get rid of the terrible stomach ulcer this year. So help me God!
Ah, please don't try it!

1 Like

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Notatribalist(m): 9:19pm On Jan 01, 2019
Tunasco4u:
I suggest garlic for Alh Muhammad Buhari enemy incase of that number (4) after winning election again
Aisha buhari said buhari is not in control of his government, cabals have taken over,so who are you supporting now,the cabals or who exactly?
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Notatribalist(m): 9:21pm On Jan 01, 2019
Tunasco4u:
I suggest garlic for Alh Muhammad Buhari enemy incase of that number (4) after winning election again
Aisha Buhari said Buhari is not in control of his government, that cabals have tekan over.so who exactly are u supporting now,the cabals?
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Madametrendy(f): 9:22pm On Jan 01, 2019
Ourown:
Is garlic good for ulcer patients? I must get rid of the terrible stomach ulcer this year. So help me God!
For ulcer treatment:
Get an unripe paw paw
Rinse thoroughly
and then cut into pieces with the skin
Put into an air tight container and add water to the brim.
Leave it for four days and start taking morning and night
U'll come back and testify if u follow this

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by lamarbutton: 9:23pm On Jan 01, 2019
Ourown:
if you love yourself, stay away from garlic.
side effects could be way fatal

1 Like

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Massage4health(m): 9:24pm On Jan 01, 2019
Miki22:
"Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food."
Those are famous words from the ancient Greek physician Hippocrates, often called the father of Western medicine.
He actually used to prescribe garlic to treat a variety of medical conditions.
Modern science has recently confirmed many of these beneficial health effects.
Here are 10 health benefits of garlic that are supported by human research.
1. Garlic is a plant in the onion family that’s grown for its distinctive taste and health benefits. It contains sulfur compounds, which are believed to bring some of the health benefits.
2. Garlic is low in calories and rich in vitamin C, vitamin B6 and manganese. It also contains trace amounts of various other nutrients.
3. Garlic supplements help prevent and reduce the severity of common illnesses like the flu and common cold.
4. High doses of garlic appear to improve blood pressure for those with known high blood pressure (hypertension). In some instances, supplements may be as effective as regular medications.
5.Garlic supplements seem to reduce total and LDL cholesterol, particularly in those who have high cholesterol. HDL cholesterol and triglycerides do not seem to be affected.
6.Garlic contains antioxidants that protect against cell damage and aging. It may reduce the risk of Alzheimer's disease and dementia.
7. Garlic has known beneficial effects on common causes of chronic disease, so it makes sense that it could also help you live longer.
8. Garlic may improve physical performance in lab animals and people with heart disease. Benefits in healthy people are not yet conclusive.
9.Garlic was shown to significantly reduce lead toxicity and related symptoms in one study.
10. Garlic appears to have some benefits for bone health by increasing estrogen levels in females, but more human studies are needed.
http://www.agricinfo.com/2018/12/10-health-benefit-of-garlic-you-should.html?m=1
Thanks for sharing these useful information
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Radiant1020(f): 9:28pm On Jan 01, 2019
I remember when I didn't like garlic that year and my mom thought I was possessed
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by waxyung(m): 9:28pm On Jan 01, 2019
Sunofgod:
Also it scares away evil spirits.

Nigeria I hail thee. I throway yansh for you
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by deleo16(m): 9:30pm On Jan 01, 2019
iCauseTrouble:
The day I ate garlic to work, my boss just told me not to come to work for 2 days.
don't chew it if u know u are going to work just slice a piece and swallow and drink lots of water this should be done at the night after a meal

1 Like

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 01, 2019
Adalassy:

As a naturopath I will also include that Garlic is a natural Aphrodisiac because it is a blood thinner and helps in ensuring adequate blood supply to the Phallus. It is this blood thinning ability it possesses that makes it good with blood pressure and cholesterol reduction.

Thanks, Sir!!

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Adalassy: 9:31pm On Jan 01, 2019
Neddyogu:

Garlic has a way of inhibiting platelet fxn, thereby reducing risks of thrombus formation and arteriosclerosis. In other words, over use of garlic can encourage thrombocytopenia and cause mucosal bleeding.

Yes that is when excessively used. Which is why prolonged usage isn't recommended
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by franzis(m): 9:32pm On Jan 01, 2019
it has been confirmed to work for treatment smelly , itchy , infected vaginas.....
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Adalassy: 9:33pm On Jan 01, 2019
Sunofgod:
Also it scares away evil spirits.

That is the general belief here in Ghana. However, the proof of this is yet to be found

1 Like

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by davidinterior: 9:36pm On Jan 01, 2019
Good topic cool
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Ayobami7(m): 9:37pm On Jan 01, 2019
ok
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Akuneshiobike(m): 9:37pm On Jan 01, 2019
Apt.
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Adalassy: 9:43pm On Jan 01, 2019
grandstar:
It also has antibiotic qualities

I recently had a serious toothache and can't afford to lose a single teeth again!

I simply ate garlic concentrated the chewing at the painful tooth

It is over a month now and I feel no pain. It was a dirt cheap way to get rid of tooth pain as well

Garlic has antifungal and antibiotic qualities with the presence of Allicin.

Your tooth was obviously infected which was the reason for the ache.

Allicin kills a lot of bacteria on contact and most bacteria cannot develop any resistance to it.

However, Allicin is only active within the first 10 to 15 minutes of a garlic clove being crushed. Its the crushing of the garlic that triggers the production of Allicin. After this time frame, the garlic is useless

2 Likes

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Massage4health(m): 9:45pm On Jan 01, 2019
Miki22:
"Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food."
Those are famous words from the ancient Greek physician Hippocrates, often called the father of Western medicine.
He actually used to prescribe garlic to treat a variety of medical conditions.
Modern science has recently confirmed many of these beneficial health effects.
Here are 10 health benefits of garlic that are supported by human research.
1. Garlic is a plant in the onion family that’s grown for its distinctive taste and health benefits. It contains sulfur compounds, which are believed to bring some of the health benefits.
2. Garlic is low in calories and rich in vitamin C, vitamin B6 and manganese. It also contains trace amounts of various other nutrients.
3. Garlic supplements help prevent and reduce the severity of common illnesses like the flu and common cold.
4. High doses of garlic appear to improve blood pressure for those with known high blood pressure (hypertension). In some instances, supplements may be as effective as regular medications.
5.Garlic supplements seem to reduce total and LDL cholesterol, particularly in those who have high cholesterol. HDL cholesterol and triglycerides do not seem to be affected.
6.Garlic contains antioxidants that protect against cell damage and aging. It may reduce the risk of Alzheimer's disease and dementia.
7. Garlic has known beneficial effects on common causes of chronic disease, so it makes sense that it could also help you live longer.
8. Garlic may improve physical performance in lab animals and people with heart disease. Benefits in healthy people are not yet conclusive.
9.Garlic was shown to significantly reduce lead toxicity and related symptoms in one study.
10. Garlic appears to have some benefits for bone health by increasing estrogen levels in females, but more human studies are needed.
http://www.agricinfo.com/2018/12/10-health-benefit-of-garlic-you-should.html?m=1
Thanks a million for sharing!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by idu1(m): 9:53pm On Jan 01, 2019
Ourown:
Yes it is very effective. Garlic have numerous health benefit na the odour na dey purse me from taking it.

1 Like

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Quality20(m): 10:03pm On Jan 01, 2019
good post. Only that for d unmarried guys, it could put them into trouble of some kind of uncontrollably penile erection and secretions and they may not b able have lawful sex. Another negative aspect is that excessive consumption could cause headaches and it could also harm d eyesight of susceptible ppl
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by BrokenCock: 10:06pm On Jan 01, 2019
Unnecessary FrontPages anyhow these days.
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by BrokenCock: 10:15pm On Jan 01, 2019
Ourown:
No bro, I suggest u get a medication called 'ulcer kit '.
Take it for two weeks or more, depending om doctors prescription.

...u will have to eat lots of fruits n healthy food but not junks.

I had it for long, I cleared the ailment in 2012 ,na God ooh.
The drug has;
Protein builder for wounds to heal
Antibiotics to kill the infection
And another vitamin something

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

11 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 373 Cases. 99 Discharged. 11 Dead / ​What Makes You Believe That You Are Fertile? See This / We Want Tailors To Start Using Ankara To Make Face Masks - Boss Mustapha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.