Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,459 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know (35037 Views)

10 Health Benefits Of Cucumber You Should Know / 10 Health Benefits Of Wild Lettuce (efo Yanrin In Yoruba) / 10 Health Benefits Of Cucumber (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by optimism91(m): 7:52am On Jan 02, 2019
Ourown:
Is garlic good for ulcer patients? I must get rid of the terrible stomach ulcer this year. So help me God!
Try this Leaf. I don't really know the name, and the uploadis not going through. But I've witnessed it, it really cure that of my neighbour's.
Send me your email let me send you the picture.
God will cure you as well. Happy new year

1 Like

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Nature8(m): 8:13am On Jan 02, 2019
Miki22:
"Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food."
Those are famous words from the ancient Greek physician Hippocrates, often called the father of Western medicine.
He actually used to prescribe garlic to treat a variety of medical conditions.
Modern science has recently confirmed many of these beneficial health effects.
Here are 10 health benefits of garlic that are supported by human research.
1. Garlic is a plant in the onion family that’s grown for its distinctive taste and health benefits. It contains sulfur compounds, which are believed to bring some of the health benefits.
2. Garlic is low in calories and rich in vitamin C, vitamin B6 and manganese. It also contains trace amounts of various other nutrients.
3. Garlic supplements help prevent and reduce the severity of common illnesses like the flu and common cold.
4. High doses of garlic appear to improve blood pressure for those with known high blood pressure (hypertension). In some instances, supplements may be as effective as regular medications.
5.Garlic supplements seem to reduce total and LDL cholesterol, particularly in those who have high cholesterol. HDL cholesterol and triglycerides do not seem to be affected.
6.Garlic contains antioxidants that protect against cell damage and aging. It may reduce the risk of Alzheimer's disease and dementia.
7. Garlic has known beneficial effects on common causes of chronic disease, so it makes sense that it could also help you live longer.
8. Garlic may improve physical performance in lab animals and people with heart disease. Benefits in healthy people are not yet conclusive.
9.Garlic was shown to significantly reduce lead toxicity and related symptoms in one study.
10. Garlic appears to have some benefits for bone health by increasing estrogen levels in females, but more human studies are needed.
http://www.agricinfo.com/2018/12/10-health-benefit-of-garlic-you-should.html?m=1

Nice one
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by gassbee: 8:22am On Jan 02, 2019
lamarbutton:
if you love yourself, stay away from garlic.
side effects could be way fatal
wat are d side effects of taking garlic
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by encryptjay(m): 9:14am On Jan 02, 2019
Adalassy:

Yes you will smell of it in the morning simply because you chewed it, this is because garlic's strong smelling sulfur compounds are metabolized, forming allyl methyl sulfide. Allyl methyl sulfide cannot be digested and is passed into the blood and is also excreted through the skin.
What if after taking the garlic, I brush my teeth, can't this nullify the smell?
Those it trigger farting?
I asked because I was planning to start taking garlic.
Someone said it prevents cough and catarrh.
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Jahwinaboy(m): 9:24am On Jan 02, 2019
VERY MEDICINAL
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Joemetry(m): 9:32am On Jan 02, 2019
Ourown:
Is garlic good for ulcer patients? I must get rid of the terrible stomach ulcer this year. So help me God!

Yes.., blend and mix it up with milk and honey bro.
Cook all your food with 2 or 3 cloves.
Avoid carbonated drinks and junks...

Ensure you don't go to bed without consuming a probiotic...

Say no to fries...

Say no to pepper if you're from the west, use jelosil instead.

Eat healthy more than 3 times a day.

Avoid fruits with acid.

Drink water...

More importantly, pray...

You're healed...
wink

1 Like

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Joemetry(m): 9:38am On Jan 02, 2019
ayesco202:
Ah, please don't try it!

Why?
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by richylee(m): 9:47am On Jan 02, 2019
ExAngel007:
I remembered the first day I ate garlic thinking it tastes like onion...

my pals refuse to talk to me at close range
Lol, that's bomb
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Joemetry(m): 9:47am On Jan 02, 2019
BrokenCock:

No bro, I suggest u get a medication called 'ulcer kit '.
Take it for two weeks or more, depending om doctors prescription.

...u will have to eat lots of fruits n healthy food but not junks.

I had it for long, I cleared the ailment in 2012 ,na God ooh.
The drug has;
Protein builder for wounds to heal
Antibiotics to kill the infection
And another vitamin something

Where did you get this ulcer kit..?
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Joemetry(m): 9:56am On Jan 02, 2019
optimism91:

Try this Leaf. I don't really know the name, and the uploadis not going through. But I've witnessed it, it really cure that of my neighbour's.
Send me your email let me send you the picture.
God will cure you as well. Happy new year

Thanks, send me too...
joemetry150@gmail.com
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Adalassy: 10:31am On Jan 02, 2019
encryptjay:

What if after taking the garlic, I brush my teeth, can't this nullify the smell?

Brushing your teeth will not stop it from smelling through your skin especially when you sweat.

Yes it is good for cough and catarrh but must be taken in moderation. Take this as a strong warning
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by davidgrace: 11:56am On Jan 02, 2019
You don't necessarily have to chew it,you can just dice and swallow it with water as if you are taking drugs that way it won't smell when you are talking.

1 Like

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by gassbee: 11:59am On Jan 02, 2019
Adalassy:

Brushing your teeth will not stop it from smelling through your skin especially when you sweat.

Yes it is good for cough and catarrh but must be taken in moderation. Take this as a strong warning
is it too much taking it for a period of 6 months
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Ourown(m): 12:03pm On Jan 02, 2019
Joemetry:

Yes.., blend and mix it up with milk and honey bro.
Cook all your food with 2 or 3 cloves.
Avoid carbonated drinks and junks...

Ensure you don't go to bed without consuming a probiotic...

Say no to fries...

Say no to pepper if you're from the west, use jelosil instead.

Eat healthy more than 3 times a day.

Avoid fruits with acid.

Drink water...

More importantly, pray...

You're healed...
wink

Thank you so much bro. Which brand of Probiotics would you recommend and how can I get it here in Nigeria.

God bless!
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by diadem10: 12:14pm On Jan 02, 2019
Ourown:
Try bitter leaf.
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by optimism91(m): 12:36pm On Jan 02, 2019
Joemetry:

Thanks, send me too...
joemetry150@gmail.com

ok.
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by BrokenCock: 1:29pm On Jan 02, 2019
Joemetry:

Where did you get this ulcer kit..?
from a Pharmaceutical wholesale shop.

U shd get a prescription first cos ulcer has over 5 different kinds. And the ulcer kit worked for me. I was initially buying diff expensive drugs, not until I started wt this n it worked since 2012 no more morning stomach pains due to hunger, no more discomfort in drinking la casera or other gastric juice, no more purging from garri, oranges or any other citric fruits, yam n rice and no more bloating
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by BrokenCock: 1:34pm On Jan 02, 2019
encryptjay:

Best way to tk garlic n reduce smell is dicing n taking like tablet, use yoghurt not water.

Cud trigger farting, u will enjoy the smell tho
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by encryptjay(m): 2:28pm On Jan 02, 2019
Adalassy:

Hmmmm. That's interesting.
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by encryptjay(m): 2:29pm On Jan 02, 2019
BrokenCock:

Best way to tk garlic n reduce smell is dicing n taking like tablet, use yoghurt not water.

Cud trigger farting, u will enjoy the smell tho
All right, thanks.
LoL @enjoying the smell.
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Adalassy: 4:08pm On Jan 02, 2019
gassbee:
is it too much taking it for a period of 6 months

Yes it's too much. You need breaks inbetween. For example, you take for a month and leave another month free. Excessive intake can cause liver toxicity among other things
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by gassbee: 6:20am On Jan 03, 2019
Pls who has any tips on how to reduce d smell of d garlic after taking it
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Joemetry(m): 6:29am On Jan 03, 2019
BrokenCock:

U shd get a prescription first cos ulcer has over 5 different kinds. And the ulcer kit worked for me. I was initially buying diff expensive drugs, not until I started wt this n it worked since 2012 no more morning stomach pains due to hunger, no more discomfort in drinking la casera or other gastric juice, no more purging from garri, oranges or any other citric fruits, yam n rice and no more bloating

Okay, thanks ...

It's actually for my mum.
Hers is peptic.

1 Like

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Joemetry(m): 6:45am On Jan 03, 2019
Ourown:

Thank you so much bro. Which brand of Probiotics would you recommend and how can I get it here in Nigeria.

God bless!
Just take any youghut with a reduced sugar content bro...
No smoking, no alcohol.
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Joemetry(m): 2:48pm On Jan 10, 2019
BrokenCock:

Bro, I really need you to tell me more about this therapy.
I recommended it for my mum who has had peptic ulcer for over a decade now but all she could get was a sachet of caplets in a carton with ulcer kit on it.

Can you please tell me more about how to recognize it when I see it?
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by BrokenCock: 4:11pm On Jan 10, 2019
Joemetry:

Bro, I really need you to tell me more about this therapy.
I recommended it for my mum who has had peptic ulcer for over a decade now but all she could get was a sachet of caplets in a carton with ulcer kit on it.

Can you please tell me more about how to recognize it when I see it?
Mine was taken for two weeks, twice daily. U have to tk it on an empty stomach.

The pack was orange and it was written ulcer kit. I bought my own for 3,600 for two packs then. I see it in pharmacies for over 4k5 for just one pack now. Na God go judge dz ppl wey dey use sick ppl get rich
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Joemetry(m): 5:38pm On Jan 10, 2019
BrokenCock:

Mine was taken for two weeks, twice daily. U have to tk it on an empty stomach.

The pack was orange and it was written ulcer kit. I bought my own for 3,600 for two packs then. I see it in pharmacies for over 4k5 for just one pack now. Na God go judge dz ppl wey dey use sick ppl get rich

Chai, this ulcer don't tay for my mumsy stomach ooo...

So all she needs to do is take it on an empty stomach?
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by BrokenCock: 8:01pm On Jan 10, 2019
Joemetry:

Chai, this ulcer don't tay for my mumsy stomach ooo...

So all she needs to do is take it on an empty stomach?
She shd eat more of low or non acidic fruits. Cucumber is the best in naija
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Joemetry(m): 4:38pm On Jan 11, 2019
BrokenCock:

She shd eat more of low or non acidic fruits. Cucumber is the best in naija
Okay, thanks again...
She's going to get it ASAP, I believe it would work for her too.
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by BrokenCock: 8:18pm On Jan 11, 2019
Joemetry:

Okay, thanks again...
She's going to get it ASAP, I believe it would work for her too.
I believe too... I pray it works. Even after treatment abstain from what she avoids for some time. If the drug works. Top up with another pack to destroy and conquer
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Bostairty: 8:22pm On Jan 11, 2019
Boston Neuro Behavioral Associates is a dedicated outpatient center for all age groups dealing in comprehensive neuropsychological consultation, diagnostic and treatment of all individuals affected by emotional, behavioral, developmental as well as mental disorders.
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Joemetry(m): 9:14pm On Jan 11, 2019
BrokenCock:

I believe too... I pray it works. Even after treatment abstain from what she avoids for some time. If the drug works. Top up with another pack to destroy and conquer
Thanks again...

I will keep you posted.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Want Tailors To Start Using Ankara To Make Face Masks - Boss Mustapha / Don't Panic, That's Your Anatomy! / Kano Doctor Transfuses Woman With HIV Infected Blood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.