Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,432 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

Between Ali Express And Jumia - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Between Ali Express And Jumia (4183 Views)

Has Anyone Here Ordered A Phone From Ali Express? / Ali Express, Jumia Or Slot / Help An Ali Express Newbie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Ali Express And Jumia by Sapiosexuall: 11:43am On Dec 28, 2018
I decided to take a look at Ali Express and try them out having read a lot about them on this platform. I've placed an order for a small item as test and still waiting to see the outcome.

I decided to compare items on Jumia and Ali Express. I discovered that the same item on Ali Express is cheaper to order, that is even after including shipping fees. Why is this so?
Re: Between Ali Express And Jumia by nkwuocha: 12:10pm On Dec 28, 2018
Jumia is faster while AliExpress is slower depending on your shipping choices.DHL and the rest us very expensive if you want a fast shipping.
Re: Between Ali Express And Jumia by zamanii: 2:36pm On Dec 28, 2018
Well, Ali is cheaper and products come in exactly as described
Re: Between Ali Express And Jumia by multikolour(m): 6:42pm On Dec 28, 2018
I made an order today on Ali express but they charge me different shipping on each item despite I bought them in the same shop. I just felt cheated

1 Like

Re: Between Ali Express And Jumia by flexerking(m): 6:50pm On Dec 28, 2018
multikolour:
I made an order today on Ali express but they charge me different shipping on each item despite I bought them in the same shop. I just felt cheated
hmm
Re: Between Ali Express And Jumia by fibonacci2526: 6:51pm On Dec 28, 2018
multikolour:

Next time pay for shipping on just one of the item, they will ship all together.
Re: Between Ali Express And Jumia by smithj01: 7:50pm On Dec 28, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Next time pay for shipping on just one of the item, they will ship all together.
How please

1 Like

Re: Between Ali Express And Jumia by NiggasInParis: 8:40pm On Dec 28, 2018
It is very foolish, downgrading and disrespectful to be comparing Aliexpress, A Global retail and Supply Merchant with Jumia, a Locally confined retail Merchant....

But not for the neglect in knowledge and information awareness, those who knows, know that , 75% of goods on Jumia are imported from China Manufacturers of which are on Aliexpress/Alibaba.

5 Likes

Re: Between Ali Express And Jumia by adelacuna(m): 9:25pm On Dec 28, 2018
NiggasInParis:
It is very foolish, downgrading and disrespectful to be comparing Aliexpress, A Global retail and Supply Merchant with Jumia, a Locally confined retail Merchant....

But not for the neglect in knowledge and information awareness, those who knows, know that , 75% of goods on Jumia are imported from China Manufacturers of which are on Aliexpress/Alibaba.

I disagree with you on this do you mean to say locally acceptable brand don't have the impetus to compete with global brand, tell me Aliexpress capabilities that you think jumia can't met, hope you know that Jumia is not just a Nigerian brand, did I also say that is it possible for you to make your point without insulting.

9 Likes

Re: Between Ali Express And Jumia by mank1234(m): 10:14pm On Dec 28, 2018
I and my household stopped using Jumia after:
1) they shipped lagos based customer item to me in Akwa Ibom and shipped mine to a lady at abia state.
2) they also sent a faulty appliance and only agreed to refund after threatening them with litigation.
3) when sales go wrong be assured that your money may be held up for months and considering inflation you may not get the item at the value again.

I've not had bad experience with aliexpress yet but I've read of others nasty experience especially when they have dispute.
Re: Between Ali Express And Jumia by multikolour(m): 10:16pm On Dec 28, 2018
fibonacci2526:

how can I do that because after selecting the three shirts, each carries same price and shipping unless I remove it completely from cart

1 Like

Re: Between Ali Express And Jumia by Sapiosexuall: 3:40am On Dec 29, 2018
NiggasInParis:

Hey, what's with the insults? We are here to learn a thing or two from each other, not throw insults

1 Like

Re: Between Ali Express And Jumia by adsload: 5:57am On Dec 29, 2018
adelacuna:

I disagree with you on this do you mean to say locally acceptable brand don't have the impetus to compete with global brand, tell me Aliexpress capabilities that you think jumia can't met, hope you know that Jumia is not just a Nigerian brand, did I also say that is it possible for you to make your point without insulting.

Lol.

Smart importers,FBA sellers and DROPSHIPPERS will laugh at your ignorance . Jumia is restricted to Africa. Aliexpress is GLOBAL.

The fact that Jumia ships items from Ali is enough. Some Items on Jumia require international shipping which are mostly coming from Ali. Aside that, you can never compare their prices. Item sold for 1k on Aliepress will be sold for 5k or more on Jumia.

Dont ever compare Alimight Ali with Jumia when you cant compare Jumia with Amazon.
Re: Between Ali Express And Jumia by sekzy99(m): 6:53am On Dec 29, 2018
How do one log complaints to aliexpress. Item I ordered for sincejuly is no where to be found even after I open dispute.
Re: Between Ali Express And Jumia by femi4: 7:32am On Dec 29, 2018
adelacuna:

Jumia is fond of giving you what is similar to what you order. I use both, Aliexpress is better.....what you see is what you get.

2. Jumia nigeria is run by nigerians, get your facts right. The Nigeria factor is inevitable

2 Likes

Re: Between Ali Express And Jumia by Herodutus(m): 11:23am On Dec 29, 2018
Have been searching for a ps4 game on Ali express ,all I can see is the assessories ,av searched in different ways yet no way. I see the games also but not the console. Has anyone ever experienced this before? An how do I get it since its likely there in that Intl market
Re: Between Ali Express And Jumia by Sapiosexuall: 10:51am On Jan 25, 2019
fibonacci2526:

What happens after "package has arrived in destination country"?
Re: Between Ali Express And Jumia by fibonacci2526: 11:55am On Jan 25, 2019
Sapiosexuall:

What happens after "package has arrived in destination country"?

Track on NIPOST to know the exact post office for pickup.
Re: Between Ali Express And Jumia by Sapiosexuall: 4:23pm On Jan 25, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Track on NIPOST to know the exact post office for pickup.
This is what I'm seeing. I don't understand it

Re: Between Ali Express And Jumia by fibonacci2526: 4:24pm On Jan 25, 2019
Sapiosexuall:

This is what I'm seeing. I don't understand it

Give it time, should receive your item before the end of next week.
Re: Between Ali Express And Jumia by adelafe2019: 6:10pm On Jan 25, 2019
l think the problem with Ali Express is that of Nigeria Custom tax. Somebody on Nairaland said Nipost asked him to pay 50,000 naira for $200 dollar phone ordered from Ali Express (as custom duty).
Online mini import business is being frustrated by Nigeria Custom Service.
Re: Between Ali Express And Jumia by adelafe2019: 6:27pm On Jan 25, 2019
Let us know how much NIPOST ask you to pay whenever the parcel arrive.Go to your Post Office to make enquiry about it's arrival.
Re: Between Ali Express And Jumia by Sapiosexuall: 7:04pm On Jan 25, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Thanks bro
Re: Between Ali Express And Jumia by Sapiosexuall: 7:06pm On Jan 25, 2019
adelafe2019:
Let us know how much NIPOST ask you to pay whenever the parcel arrive.Go to your Post Office to make enquiry about it's arrival.

Alright man. I doubt I will be charged much though as my item is a small one
Re: Between Ali Express And Jumia by Ejadike(m): 3:29am On Jan 26, 2019
mank1234:
I and my household stopped using Jumia after:
1) they shipped lagos based customer item to me in Akwa Ibom and shipped mine to a lady at abia state.
2) they also sent a faulty appliance and only agreed to refund after threatening them with litigation.
3) when sales go wrong be assured that your money may be held up for months and considering inflation you may not get the item at the value again.

I've not had bad experience with aliexpress yet but I've read of others nasty experience especially when they have dispute.
hmmmm. Nawa o
Re: Between Ali Express And Jumia by Ejadike(m): 3:32am On Jan 26, 2019
adelafe2019:
l think the problem with Ali Express is that of Nigeria Custom tax. Somebody on Nairaland said Nipost asked him to pay 50,000 naira for $200 dollar phone ordered from Ali Express (as custom duty).
Online mini import business is being frustrated by Nigeria Custom Service.
as in ehn. Our Nigerian govt organisations have a way of always frustrating everything.
Re: Between Ali Express And Jumia by Sapiosexuall: 2:07pm On Feb 11, 2019
adelafe2019:

So, I was at the post office at wuse(going by what I saw on nipost site) a few days after posting this but I was told the package had not arrived but they would call me when it does.

I didn't receive any call from them since then and I decided to check back again today, only to be told that I should go to their office somewhere else which they described. When I got there, I discovered my item had been there since the 28th of January. In fact another item which I ordered at the same time had arrived too.

They asked me to pay 300 naira for both items in the end

2 Likes

Re: Between Ali Express And Jumia by Frezhkid10(m): 7:13pm On Feb 11, 2019
Sapiosexuall:

So, I was at the post office at wuse(going by what I saw on nipost site) a few days after posting this but I was told the package had not arrived but they would call me when it does.

I didn't receive any call from them since then and I decided to check back again today, only to be told that I should go to their office somewhere else which they described. When I got there, I discovered my item had been there since the 28th of January. In fact another item which I ordered at the same time had arrived too.

They asked me to pay 300 naira for both items in the end
...300 naira..that's very cheap ..how many days did u have to wait for ur item??
Re: Between Ali Express And Jumia by Sapiosexuall: 8:59pm On Feb 11, 2019
Frezhkid10:
...300 naira..that's very cheap ..how many days did u have to wait for ur item??

I ordered on the 28th of December last year and it got to Nigeria on the 26th of January. So, I would say a little less than a month.

About the 300 naira, my items are small items (just a tie and hard drive enclosure). So, I guess it's why it was cheap getting them from the post office
Re: Between Ali Express And Jumia by Nobody: 8:07am On Feb 12, 2019
Who has ordered phone lately with AliExpress?
And how much did U pay Nipost?
Re: Between Ali Express And Jumia by megafox: 8:26am On Feb 12, 2019
I have followed posts on Aliexpress...
My question is, if I can pay or load my Aliexpress wallet using my Normal First bank ATM debit card? Or How do you advice me to make payment? If paying with ATM card is acceptable, how much do they charge per USD?
Re: Between Ali Express And Jumia by fibonacci2526: 8:56am On Feb 12, 2019
megafox:
I have followed posts on Aliexpress...
My question is, if I can pay or load my Aliexpress wallet using my Normal First bank ATM debit card? Or How do you advice me to make payment? If paying with ATM card is acceptable, how much do they charge per USD?

The charge depends on your bank rate, you can use firstbank naira master card at the rate of #365/$

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Happening To Celtel? / Internet Settings(tecno L3) / Airtel Is Out With Double Awuf. Free Mb Still Blazing. Enjoy While It Last!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.