Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,195 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

God Does Not Answer Prayers, You Only Think He Does - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Does Not Answer Prayers, You Only Think He Does (3288 Views)

Does God Answer Prayers? what is your experience / Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. / Does God Really Answer Prayers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Does Not Answer Prayers, You Only Think He Does by Originakalokalo(m): 7:58pm On Jan 11, 2019
alfaman3:

What are you afraid of?

Nothing.

The only thing that scares me is sinning against God.
Re: God Does Not Answer Prayers, You Only Think He Does by alfaman3: 8:54pm On Jan 11, 2019
Originakalokalo:

Nothing.

The only thing that scares me is sinning against God.

Good. In that case.

In nomine Dei nostri Satanas Luciferi Excelsi Ut glutiam anima vestra.

Say amen.
Re: God Does Not Answer Prayers, You Only Think He Does by Originakalokalo(m): 10:07pm On Jan 11, 2019
alfaman3:

Good. In that case.

Say amen.

grin grin cheesy grin grin

What does that mean?

I don't trust anything Satan or Lucifer...

Re: God Does Not Answer Prayers, You Only Think He Does by Nobody: 12:27am On Jan 12, 2019
alfaman3:

Good. In that case.

Say amen.
Nema. smiley
Re: God Does Not Answer Prayers, You Only Think He Does by Originakalokalo(m): 7:06am On Jan 12, 2019
HappyPagan:

Nice way to ignore my reply. smiley

I don't do open challenge... It profits me nothing.

I speak to my Father secretly about a petition and he answers in the open.

I might share a testimony with you.

"might"
Re: God Does Not Answer Prayers, You Only Think He Does by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 12, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:
BIBLES AND QURANS WOULD HAVE SERVED HUMANITY BETTER, IF THEY HAD BEEN LEFT AS TREES. undecided
Such a brutal, yet truthful post lmao.

5 Likes

Re: God Does Not Answer Prayers, You Only Think He Does by Taniaa(f): 10:14pm On Jan 25, 2019
mm
Re: God Does Not Answer Prayers, You Only Think He Does by skillz111(m): 11:36am On Jan 26, 2019
Praying is just like remembering God you have a problem and you believe you have a problem God is unaware of yet you still call yourself a believer.
Re: God Does Not Answer Prayers, You Only Think He Does by HappyPagan: 10:48pm On Jan 28, 2019
Sadly, no one took the challenge.

1 Like

Re: God Does Not Answer Prayers, You Only Think He Does by Kobojunkie: 9:41pm On Apr 02, 2023
Originakalokalo:
■ I will respond to you because I feel it's good. I don't need to defend the existence of a God or his ability to answer prayers. He might not answer yours for a reason best known to you, he responds to my thoughts!!!!!
■ Let me share an experience. I had read the Bible back to back and studied it back to back too. In my mind I said.... "God, what should I read now,... I want to read something else'..i completed the prayer with some few words... Then My Father responded. I was doing a Bible College training in a church at this time and I went to the evening service...A brother walked up to me and gave me a book to read.... Out of the blues. We had no prior discussion on anything of sort... Absolutely nothing. The title of the book is GOD'S ARMY. I asked him when I can return it, he said it is a gift. I just laughed. He didn't know why I laughed. That book addressed some imperfections in my life.It put me back on track. I have many experiences. Living a holy life through the help of the Holy Spirit is very very very essential for a child of God... This is why......see this.. " Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth."
(John 9: 31)
■ The prayer of mercy is the only prayer God will hear from a sinner. if your pastor is a sinner and he prays for you, You are on your own. This is the problem we have in Christianity. Obey God first before praying....
1. There is only one reason God gave, in all of scripture, for why He would not answer your prayers — not just one but all of them— and that one reason is the fact that you are a sinner/unrighteous in His sight. God's concern isn't the kind of prayer you said or how you said your prayer. God's one and only concern is whether or not you are a righteous man or not. He made it abundantly clear that He does not answer the prayers of the righteous; the prayers of the unrighteous are an abomination to God. So, it is in vain that a sinner or an unrighteous man prays because God made it known over 1000s of years ago that He will not answer any single prayer said by an unrighteous man. undecided

2. undecided

3. God doesn't answer the prayer of mercy either. Again, God is not a liar! He does not answer the prayer of the unrighteous so regardless of what kind of prayer it is, God does not answer it. Be it a prayer for mercy or for forgiveness or even a prayer for someone else, God clearly said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous. So, It is in vain that the unrighteous/sinners continue to pray. That energy ought instead to go towards attaining righteousness by God's standard — through continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, God's Law, and Truth in the Kingdom of God. And righteousness is more than a day's job. We are talking years of dedicated devotion to knowing the Truth of God at least in order to be set free from slavery to sin by the Truth of God - John 8 vs 31 - 36. So forget the lie you have been fed about how prayer is key because it isn't. Prayer cannot make God do what God has said He will not do. Obedience is the key in the Kingdom of God and righteousness the only way to receive answers to prayers from God. undecided
Re: God Does Not Answer Prayers, You Only Think He Does by Originakalokalo(m): 5:59am On Apr 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. There is only one reason God gave, in all of scripture, for why He would not answer your prayers — not just one but all of them— and that one reason is the fact that you are a sinner/unrighteous in His sight. God's concern isn't the kind of prayer you said or how you said your prayer. God's one and only concern is whether or not you are a righteous man or not. He made it abundantly clear that He does not answer the prayers of the righteous; the prayers of the unrighteous are an abomination to God. So, it is in vain that a sinner or an unrighteous man prays because God made it known over 1000s of years ago that He will not answer any single prayer said by an unrighteous man. undecided

2. undecided

3. God doesn't answer the prayer of mercy either. Again, God is not a liar! He does not answer the prayer of the unrighteous so regardless of what kind of prayer it is, God does not answer it. Be it a prayer for mercy or for forgiveness or even a prayer for someone else, God clearly said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous. So, It is in vain that the unrighteous/sinners continue to pray. That energy ought instead to go towards attaining righteousness by God's standard — through continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, God's Law, and Truth in the Kingdom of God. And righteousness is more than a day's job. We are talking years of dedicated devotion to knowing the Truth of God at least in order to be set free from slavery to sin by the Truth of God - John 8 vs 31 - 36. So forget the lie you have been fed about how prayer is key because it isn't. Prayer cannot make God do what God has said He will not do. Obedience is the key in the Kingdom of God and righteousness the only way to receive answers to prayers from God. undecided

There are few cases in the bible where God through Jesus had mercy on sinners.

He healed them.

So, yes. God answers prayers of mercy.

God is not fixated in his mind.

God hears the voices of intersessors and changes his mind.

Study your scriptures. All these assertions are there.
Re: God Does Not Answer Prayers, You Only Think He Does by Kobojunkie: 6:09am On Apr 03, 2023
Originakalokalo:
■ There are few cases in the bible where God through Jesus had mercy on sinners. He healed them. So, yes. God answers prayers of mercy.
■ God is not fixated in his mind.
■ God hears the voices of intersessors and changes his mind.
■ Study your scriptures. All these assertions are there.
1. I am afraid you confuse two different things here. God's mercy, God instead told you that His mercy/kindness, He pours out on even the wicked and the ungrateful — those who don't even bother to ask anything from Him — Luke 6 vs 32-36. God's mercy is not meant as an answer to prayer as it is freely poured out daily by God on all mankind— believers and nonbelievers alike. undecided

2. God is not a Liar! God is True and His Word is Truth meaning He does not lie and so what He has proclaimed, you are meant to take as the absolute Truth of God. So when God said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous, God's expectation of you is that you trust Him in His Word that He will never answer the prayers of the unrighteous no matter what the situation is. undecided

3. Your intercessions mean nothing to God as God made it clear that He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous. And by the way, God is not a fool that you can trick into doing what God said He will not do. undecided

4. Rather than these attempts to make scripture say what it doesn't, I suggest you work towards learning to trust God in His Word. undecided
Re: God Does Not Answer Prayers, You Only Think He Does by Kobojunkie: 5:15pm On Apr 03, 2023
Zodiac61:
■ God always wins. If you pray, God wins if you survive illness and get well. If you die, God wins because it is his will. At least, that is what the believers think to excuse their no-action ineffective and ineffectual god.
God wins and so do the righteous. God said through His prophets that He answers none of the prayers said by sinners and the unrighteous. However, He answers all of the prayers of the righteous meaning that the righteous also always win. Now, do not confuse the righteous with those who claim to have their prayers answered every now and then. Those who claim God answers their prayers, even when it is not 100% of the time are instead sinners who have a very wild imagination. undecided
Re: God Does Not Answer Prayers, You Only Think He Does by Kobojunkie: 6:27pm On Apr 04, 2023
hakeem4:
Well all I need from god is just 30 billion pere!
God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the petitions/please/requests of the unrighteous are tainted by their sins rendering them an abomination to God. God, however, answers the prayers of the righteous — He answers all of their prayers by the way. What that means is, if God has never answered you or you think God has only answered some of your prayers giving you a NO answer on others, it means two things

■ God has never really answered any of your prayers, not even the ones you think were from Him were in fact answers from Him but rather sourced likely from His mercy/kindness which He made clear He pours out on all creation daily, even on unbelievers.
■ You are not one of the righteous men of God that God pays heed to
Re: God Does Not Answer Prayers, You Only Think He Does by HappyPagan: 2:39pm On Apr 25, 2023
Best Christian expositions happen on my thread. I don't know if that's a good or bad things.

Am I winning or losing souls for Christ? Nna na wa.
Re: God Does Not Answer Prayers, You Only Think He Does by Kobojunkiee: 4:23pm On May 15, 2023
jerflakes:
■ God does exist. But not the Christan or Muslim way. Those religions are useless .I worship arusi. And it's very much alive and listening
Every religion is useless as far as God is concerned since He did not give religion to any man. undecided
Re: God Does Not Answer Prayers, You Only Think He Does by Kobojunkie: 3:01pm On May 18, 2023
alfaman3:
■ Everybody is a sinner including you including you arrogant, self praising, self righteous, condescending liar.

1 John 1:8-10

8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 [b]If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. [/b]10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.
Is everybody a sinner even after some have been purified of their sins? undecided
Re: God Does Not Answer Prayers, You Only Think He Does by Kobojunkie: 6:46pm On May 19, 2023
Niflheim:
If god answers prayers, then how come certain football team players will enter the field doing the sign of the cross and still end up "trophyless" and regulated to the lower divisions?
LOL.... what does this "doing the sign of the cross" to do with prayer for Pete's sake. undecided

Re: God Does Not Answer Prayers, You Only Think He Does by Kobojunkie: 5:32am On May 22, 2023
Anas09:
■ 12 months is too far, what if i tell you that He has already answered one of the requests i made as i began the 21days fasting on monday?
These claims make a joke of God abeg! God said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous. You claiming that by way of these rituals of yours which have nothing to do with that which God has commanded, you have been able to get God to do that which He said He will never do, you make a colossal joke of God. undecided
Re: God Does Not Answer Prayers, You Only Think He Does by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:52am On May 22, 2023
Well it depends on the God you're talking about {Psalms 115:4-8} as for the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob He answers prayers that's according to His will! 1John 5:14

Most of you only read the Bible that's why we implore you to study our book (Bible) with us so you can gain accurate knowledge of the words of our God.

Jesus is the only begotten Son of God according to the Bible when he was praying he said:

Father, if you want to, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, let, not my will, but yours take place.” Luke 22:42

This is the same person who said:

Father, I thank you that you have heard me. True, I knew that you always hear me John 11:41-42

The secret is that Jesus knows his father inside out so he will never ever pray for what is not in accordance with his father's will.

Today you people just pick up the Bible and after reading few verses you look up to the heavens and start making demands without knowing what the will of God is! smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Catch All The Best From The Deeper Life Bible Church Youth Success Camp / Calling On Archangels And Guidance Angels For Help / Pls, Can Someone Interpret This Strange Dream For Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.