Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,983 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old - Agriculture (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old (94626 Views)

Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. / My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old / Cost Of Feed From 1,000 Birds To 10,000 Birds From The 1st Wk To 8th Or 18th Wk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by OmoOshodi(m): 7:59pm On Mar 27, 2021
X
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by kennethfranc(m): 12:19am On Mar 28, 2021
doffman:

Thank you so much !
I really appreciate .I pray more knowledge to your brain !

This is my plan:

I will select good male and female Kuroila and keep them separate in one segmented place so that I will be using them for fertilised egg that will be used for incubation to maintain the new Kuroila breed to the farm .

I will used the rest for only un fertilised eggs and meet production.
That would be nice but consider the scale you wish to operate because a female Noiler/Kuroiler lays an average of 5 eggs a week (when they reach the peak of their production)
.... Of course this cannot sustain a large scale farm.
Goodluck sir
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by doffman: 5:56am On Mar 28, 2021
kennethfranc:

That would be nice but consider the scale you wish to operate because a female Noiler/Kuroiler lays an average of 5 eggs a week (when they reach the peak of their production)
.... Of course this cannot sustain a large scale farm.
Goodluck sir

OK, thanks . I understand now
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by jidestroud(m): 8:43am On May 08, 2021
Good to be back after an unpleasant experience these past months cry. But thanks to God, we scaled through all obstacles we encountered. Hope to back in full operation soonest.

1 Like

Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by Walexz02(m): 9:48pm On May 10, 2021
Welcome bro. Sorry for the bad experience . Is it something we can learn from ?
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by jidestroud(m): 8:46pm On May 11, 2021
@Walexz02

It isn't farm related though. I was a victim of pickpocket. I was robbed of my phone and gbam!!! Money in accounts drained. It got so bad with the SIM retrieval wahala. It was a very dark time walahi. Thank God for God bro. I scaled through the ugly incident.

1 Like

Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by Walexz02(m): 2:59pm On May 12, 2021
jidestroud:
@Walexz02

It isn't farm related though. I was a victim of pickpocket. I was robbed of my phone and gbam!!! Money in accounts drained. It got so bad with the SIM retrieval wahala. It was a very dark time walahi. Thank God for God bro. I scaled through the ugly incident.
Sorry for the bad experience bro.
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by heryoub22(m): 10:34am On May 19, 2021
@Prospect048 check here out
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by kennethfranc(m): 10:37am On May 19, 2021
jidestroud:
@Walexz02

So sorry for tye loss boss..
More winnings
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by jidestroud(m): 8:11pm On May 19, 2021
kennethfranc:

So sorry for tye loss boss..
More winnings
Thanks bro. wink

1 Like

Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by Excel70: 6:10pm On May 30, 2021
jidestroud:
Good to be back after an unpleasant experience these past months cry. But thanks to God, we scaled through all obstacles we encountered. Hope to back in full operation soonest.
Happy you are back bro. I want to ask a few questions
1 I need fresh local hen eggs(not fertilizer). Where can I get it?
2 Is it possible to get a pure white and pure black male clock?
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by Excel70: 6:10pm On May 30, 2021
jidestroud:
2 Is it possible to get a pure white and pure black male cock?
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by jidestroud(m): 6:32pm On May 30, 2021
Excel70:

2 Is it possible to get a pure white and pure black male cock?
Hope it's not what I'm thinking ooo grin grin
Anyway, both are very available.

2 Likes

Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by Excel70: 7:00pm On May 30, 2021
jidestroud:

Hope it's not what I'm thinking ooo grin grin
Anyway, both are very available.
Lol, I know what you are thinking.
Do you sell them? Any idea where I can get them
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by jidestroud(m): 7:04pm On May 30, 2021
Excel70:

Lol, I know what you are thinking.
Do you sell them? Any idea where I can get them
Are you in Lagos? If Yes, then I can get them for you. (Not selling if it's just few eggs you need though).
As for the Black /White Rooster, they plenty around dieeee
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by Excel70: 7:47pm On May 30, 2021
jidestroud:

Are you in Lagos? If Yes, then I can get them for you. (Not selling if it's just few eggs you need though).
As for the Black /White Rooster, they plenty around dieeee
Yes , I lived in lagos, surulere precisely. I just need like 5-6. They must not be fertilizer as it is for consumption.
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by jidestroud(m): 7:53pm On May 30, 2021
Excel70:

Yes , I lived in lagos, surulere precisely. I just need like 5-6. They must not be fertilizer as it is for consumption.

Okay. Will collect some for you.
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by jidestroud(m): 7:56pm On May 30, 2021
By the way, Do you know that local hen's egg goes for as much as 100 to 200naira per one?? I was surprised when I tried getting some from all these Elewe-Omo sellers.
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by kennethfranc(m): 8:06pm On May 30, 2021
jidestroud:
By the way, Do you know that local hen's egg goes for as much as 100 to 200naira per one?? I was surprised when I tried getting some from all these Elewe-Omo sellers.
Not a Yoruba but does "Elewe-omo" mean child of a traditionalist?
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by jidestroud(m): 8:13pm On May 30, 2021
kennethfranc:

Not a Yoruba but does "Elewe-omo" mean child of a traditionalist?
Lol...
Well, Elewe-Omo's are the primary health care giver in the traditional Yoruba Society. These are places we get local ingredients for traditional medicines etc.

Do you know a local black cat without spots can be sold for as much as 15 to 25k grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by kennethfranc(m): 8:19pm On May 30, 2021
jidestroud:

Lol...
Well, Elewe-Omo's are the primary health care giver in the traditional Yoruba Society. These are places we get local ingredients for traditional medicines etc.

Do you know a local black cat without spots can be sold for as much as 15 to 25k grin cheesy
Nah breeding dey my mind so
Buh am a bit far grin
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by jidestroud(m): 8:21pm On May 30, 2021
kennethfranc:

Nah breeding dey my mind so
Buh am a bit far grin
Breeding of birds? or ??
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by kennethfranc(m): 8:35pm On May 30, 2021
jidestroud:
Breeding of birds? or ??
The cats nah
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by Excel70: 8:46pm On May 30, 2021
jidestroud:

Okay. Will collect some for you.

Thanks. I will be expecting
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by Datsmaco(m): 1:03pm On Jun 20, 2021
Sir pls I need ur help seriously,I need ur contact
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by jidestroud(m): 5:48am On Jun 21, 2021
Datsmaco:
Sir pls I need ur help seriously,I need ur contact
Buzz me on my telegram contact sir.
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by Aderr: 12:18pm On Jun 21, 2021
jidestroud:

Lol...

You mean those black cats with yellow eyes that prowl around in backyards in the evenings? I've seen a couple around. grin
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by jidestroud(m): 1:22pm On Jun 21, 2021
Aderr:
You mean those black cats with yellow eyes that prowl around in backyards in the evenings? I've seen a couple around. grin
grin cheesy
Na money you dey see dey waka upandan ooo. Just make sure you can tell them apart from village people strolling around looking for runaway/absconded villagers.

3 Likes

Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by Datsmaco(m): 2:31pm On Jun 21, 2021
jidestroud:

Buzz me on my telegram contact sir.
I don't have it, I mean u contact
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by jidestroud(m): 3:05pm On Jun 21, 2021
Datsmaco:
I don't have it, I mean u contact

jidestroud@yahoo.co.uk
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by EmyGod(m): 11:38am On Jul 02, 2021
Bro jide you are awesome your thread is educative and wonderful since 2018 you have been consistent, I will like you to answer these few questions.
1) Due to current situation of the country and economic which of the breed is preferably noiler and kuoiler ?
2) Buying from a veterinary doc or online which one is helpful as a beginner ?
3) feeding chicks with leftover or sour watermelon from roadsides can it help to boost it immune system ? If at all which week or month will one start feeding the chick's with such food or fruits ?
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by jidestroud(m): 4:01pm On Jul 03, 2021
EmyGod:
Bro jide you are awesome your thread is educative and wonderful since 2018 you have been consistent, I will like you to answer these few questions.
1) Due to current situation of the country and economic which of the breed is preferably noiler and kuoiler ?
2) Buying from a veterinary doc or online which one is helpful as a beginner ?
3) feeding chicks with leftover or sour watermelon from roadsides can it help to boost it immune system ? If at all which week or month will one start feeding the chick's with such food or fruits ?

Oga EmyGod,

It's been God all the way boss. I've had my juicy moments and also had my sour days. Overall, persistency & dedication to one's passion is the key despite all odds. And once you start making money off your hubby walahi, everything flows effortlessly.

To your questions;
1. Noilers or Kuroilers? Let me say this once more, from my assessment of rearing both, people can hardly tell the difference between them (some have even argued they are same breeds). Moreover, they come in the same colours of plumage and have also same growth rate and weights when fully matured. I think the only difference I noticed is that my Kuroilers are voracious eaters. They ate more than the noilers (noilers too dey consume oooo my brother).

Your question says economically? Do you mean commercially for profit making? If Yes, well, I will be honest with you with my answers,
NO; if you don't have a market for them.
YES; if you have carved out a market for them already.

My secret to raising my Noilers/Kuroilers and making profit from it is because of my catchment area. I brood for my immediate community which is more of a rural environment. Although, I have grown my market to the extent of selling beyond Lagos state but, my market remains household chicken keepers; giving them better breeds of chicken to raise extensively.

Raising both birds intensively like the broilers will put you in lose except you can find alternative food source. (I could teach you that too).
So my advice if Noilers/Kuroilers? Chose Broilers grin (my opinion)

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln / See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps / Preserve Fresh Tomato Paste For A Year (no Refrigeration Or Preservatives)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.