Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,804 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

Pls Help I Fear A Lot - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Help I Fear A Lot (1096 Views)

My Beautiful Wife Smiles All The Time; I Fear She Can Be Snatched By Another Man / I Cause Pain To A Lot Of People / Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help I Fear A Lot by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 29, 2018
I fear a lot over silly issues. Even for a small thing, I end up assuming the worst. Is it because I had overprotective parents?

small thing will happen like this i will become afraid

pls help
what can i do to stop this

i am also extremely shy and i hate that
Re: Pls Help I Fear A Lot by hisgrace090: 7:36pm On Dec 29, 2018
Offend no man, once you abide by this condition whatsoever that frightens you say with bold faith. "NOT MY PORTION"
LEARN TO TELL UNFRIENDLY SITUATIONS THAT THEY"RE LIARS from now onward.

Greater is he that is you than he that is in the world.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help I Fear A Lot by kunleweb: 7:40pm On Dec 29, 2018
Emzyme:
I fear a lot over silly issues. Even for a small thing, I end up assuming the worst. Is it because I had overprotective parents?

pls help

Can i recommend a church?
Re: Pls Help I Fear A Lot by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 29, 2018
kunleweb:

Can i recommend a church?

dnt think its church related

2019 nothing like church sef

buh then what do i knw

1 Like

Re: Pls Help I Fear A Lot by Chubhie: 8:31pm On Dec 29, 2018
Learn to still your mind. Meditation works for me.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help I Fear A Lot by clumsydyna: 9:10pm On Dec 29, 2018
Once you get afraid, consciously talk yourself out of it. Try to always be calm, speak and act less under such circumstances lest you make a grave mistake. I used to be afraid and shy until I upgraded myself intellectually, now I walk with my head held up high.
Re: Pls Help I Fear A Lot by mastermaestro(m): 9:32pm On Dec 29, 2018
You grew up a fearful person. It is too bad that you can't overcome it now. What you need is to have a partner who is very outgoing and shows little signs of fear in worrisome circumstances. She will help you surmount the spirit of fear.
There is not much you can do all by yourself. That fear will only be subdued by association.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help I Fear A Lot by MrsInvisible(f): 9:36pm On Dec 29, 2018
Hi. I had similar problem before.

I try to keep on mind that - no matter the situation - nothing can kill me so at the end everything will be well. Stay strong!!!!

1 Like

Re: Pls Help I Fear A Lot by Ranchhoddas: 10:30pm On Dec 29, 2018
Take very deep breaths. (Quick fix)
Learn to meditate. (Long term solution).

1 Like

Re: Pls Help I Fear A Lot by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 29, 2018
tanx for ur contributions

learnt a thing or two from the comments

i appreciate , will act on the points raised
Re: Pls Help I Fear A Lot by drmikeadams(m): 1:12pm On Dec 30, 2018
grin angry cheesy grin Z675668....
Re: Pls Help I Fear A Lot by Abcruz(m): 5:07pm On Dec 30, 2018
Emzyme:

pls help

Hear the word of the Sovereign LORD O simple one:

If only you had paid attention to my commands, your peace would have been like a river, and your well-being like the waves of the sea.--Isaiah--48:18

Submit to God and be at peace with him; in this way all will be well with you.--Job 22:21

The ear that listens to the reproves of life abides among the wise!!!
Re: Pls Help I Fear A Lot by Auladimeji1: 12:27am On Dec 31, 2018
Emzyme:

pls help

Where you not the one that said you will beat me until I start sneezing from the anus,then you'll leave me

Re: Pls Help I Fear A Lot by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 31, 2018
Auladimeji1:
Where you not the one that said you will beat me until I start sneezing from the anus,then you'll leave me

are u ok?

pls do check my moniker again ?

and tell me when i said that

can you imagine
Re: Pls Help I Fear A Lot by sisisioge: 11:21am On Dec 31, 2018
Emzyme:

are u ok?

pls do check my moniker again ?

and tell me when i said that

can you imagine

grin grin grin grin

Fearfear! He was messing with you. You've got to learn to look at things calmly and with lesser emotions. Overall, we go all dey alright last last wink

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help I Fear A Lot by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 31, 2018
sisisioge:

grin grin grin grin

Fearfear! He was messing with you. You've got to learn to look at things calmly and with lesser emotions. Overall, we go all dey alright last last wink

i will try

was scared though
dnt knw y
Re: Pls Help I Fear A Lot by lalaray: 4:30pm On Jan 01, 2019
What u have is anxiety disorder. We have a Facebook group. U are not alone. There is treatment. Medical and psychological. Add me on Whatsapp 08033721099
Re: Pls Help I Fear A Lot by Daeylar(f): 8:17am On Jan 02, 2019
Emzyme
Hi, I know you've deactivated, but if you're still hanging around,
Yes, I think it's because you have overprotective parents who probably made it seem like the world was just full of evil and the only way to protect yourself was to be afraid of anything, anything at all, that can possibly bring harm and making you live in needless fear of the world.(Not that they are wrong, but most times it is an exaggeration, and e but it doesn't mean you'll live in fear)

If you feel that feeling of fear starting up, just force yourself to càlm down and feel at peace, tell yourself that nothing is going to happen and you only feel this way because of how you grew up.
The more you do this the more confident you'll feel and the less you'll feel so afraid.

Doesn't mean you should be ignorant of dangers, or you'll ignore your intuition, but, you should be able to live, really live. Not just to exist because of fear.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Can You Marry A Man Who Divorced His Wife Due To Infidelity? / Should he Take this Girlfriend Back After She Apologized? / Chinese Mum Teaches Daughter How To Discriminate Against Blacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.